I found this information from the Singapore Ministry of Education website after I saw their ad in Star newspaper today, February 25, 2012. The applications are open. Good luck.
Students from Malaysia who wish to enter Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 level under the ASEAN Scholarships are welcome to apply for the Pre-University awards. Candidates who are not short-listed for the scholarships may be considered for the Merit Awards.
Please note that there will be no May intake for the ASEAN Pre-University Scholarships for Malaysia from Year 2006 onwards. Applications for the Year 2013 ASEAN Pre-University Scholarships are open in end February/early March 2012. Short-listed applicants will be required to go through a selection test and an interview before being awarded the scholarship.
Students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for the scholarship:
- Nationals of Malaysia
- Born in 1994 — 1996
- Currently in Form 5 (or equivalent) or have taken the 2011 SPM / GCE O-Level Examination
- Have done consistently well in their school examinations
- Proficiency in English and a good record of participation in co-curricular activities would be an advantage
Any dates given below are tentative and are subject to changes.
|Application Period||End February/Early March to Early April 2012|
|Selection Test||June 2012|
|Selection Interview||August 2012|
|Award of Scholarship||October 2012|
|Arrival of Scholar in Singapore||January 2013|
Candidates short-listed for the selection test/interview will be notified a week before the selection test / interview dates. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Applications will be opening soon.
Test and Interview Cities
The selection tests and interviews will be conducted in the following cities:
- Kota Kinabalu
- Kuala Lumpur
Kota Kinabalu, Kuching and Penang may be used as Test / Interview Centre if there are sufficient short-listed candidates.
Terms and Conditions
- Allowance of S$2,400 per annum with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of S$500 (once only)
- Economy class air passage (for East Malaysians) or S$50 transport allowance (for West Malaysians) to Singapore and back to home country upon completion of scholarship term
- Waiver of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Waiver of GCE A-Level (or equivalent) examination fees (once only, if applicable)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover
- There is no bond attached to the scholarship