Why study the MBA in Malaysia?
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Now that you have worked for a few years and gained some valuable work experience, you are ready to move up the corporate ladder through upgrading your knowledge with an MBA or Master in Business Administration.
For more information contact 01111408838
The MBA is a good way to increase your salary and chances for promotion to management level positions. The skills learnt can also assist you in launching your own business.
Studying for an MBA provides students with good opportunities for networking – and not only with fellow students. Other reasons include personal development, promotion or career change and gaining a recognised qualification.
People who undertake an MBA degree for personal development reasons want to
desire to obtain knowledge that they can apply in their workplace helping them to manage more effectively in an increasingly complex and dynamic environment. These are the skills needed by accountants, engineers, human resource managers, lawyers, technicians, food scientists, chefs, and others as they are promoted within their organisation.
These people often find that the first degree they obtained had been too specialised or too technical and do not prepare them to manage complex situations and people as they move up to leadership positions. As an engineer or scientist, you find that dealing with your staff and administration work is becoming more challenging as you up to senior management levels. The MBA will help you to understand the key elements in dealing with your staff as well as managing the different work areas not related to your technical skills.
With the job environment becoming competitive, the MBA will make you more marketable.
Certain employers and sectors, such as financial services and government organisations, continue to place an emphasis on recruiting MBA graduates.
In sectors such as investment banking and consultancy, there is an expectation that MBA graduates will also display consistently high academic results, as those candidates offer proven skills in analysis and complex qualitative and quantitative thinking.
The Best Master of Business Administration (MBA) programmes in Malaysia
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) programme is aimed at executive to senior managers who aspire to higher level roles within their organization, those who wish to enhance their career prospects, and those who wish to move from a specialist field to a more senior strategic role.
The aim of an MBA is to offer students a holistic overview of how a business works, covering all its major functions and practices.
Graduates will acquire theoretical and applied knowledge of several core subjects including marketing, international business, entrepreneurship and human resources. It can also include subjects like communication management, human resource management, project management, leadership, change management, legal studies, information technology, accounting, international business, e-commerce, and many more. Some MBAs allow some specialisation, whilst others are more generalist in nature.
They will learn to apply theoretical understanding of management to complex business issues, gain insight into contemporary research and leading-edge practice in management, and generate originality and enterprise in approaching business issues.
An MBA will provide you with the essential commercial and strategic acumen that many top blue-chips, banks, consultancies and, increasingly, law firms are urgently seeking in junior to mid-level candidates. By studying for an MBA, those seeking to move on to the next stage of their career can demonstrate their capacity to take a holistic view of the organisation.
How to choose the right MBA Programme in Malaysia that fits you?
Studying evenings or weekends and working full time is a huge commitment. But
if you can get through it, the return on investment is worth it.
One of the most important choices you need to make in regards to an MBA is which type of program you want to enroll in.
Do you want to take a Full-Time or Part-Time? Most universities offer part time MBAs after working hours or during weekends allowing you to continue with your work while studying.
There are many aspects of a school that are either hard to quantify or a matter of subjective preference. For example, the location of the university from your workplace.
Time taken to travel especially in KL or PJ after work can affect you getting to your classes on time or even getting there at all!
It is important to find an MBA that is accredited by MQA so that it is recognised. In
addition, you may withdraw from your EPF Account 2 to support your studies if the course is accredited.
Similarly class size may impact the connections formed between students and access to resources.
It’s also a good idea to learn more about the university’s preferred teaching methodology so you can choose one that matches up to your style of learning.
General Entry requirements for the MBA Programme in Malaysia
A degree in any discipline or a professional qualification deemed to be equivalent. Candidates for whom English is not a first language will be expected to demonstrate a certificated proficiency of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Below are the different types of MBAs offered.
Asia Pacific University UK MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES (awarded by Staffordshire University)
- MBA (IT Sector)
- Master of Business Administration
- The MBA (IT Sector) programme is designed for professionals in all IT
Sectors, whether as a manager or intending to manage in the IT Sector. The IT Sector covers a wide range of companies including vendors, software developers, hardware manufacturers, IT consultants and IT services, such as internet/web design, operational services as well as traditional user support. Applicants may see their current role evolving from technology support to business applications with more responsibility for business planning/strategy.
The programme identifies the need for ‘soft skills’ at higher levels, including:
- management, interpersonal and commercial awareness/market knowledge
- sales and marketing (particularly amongst programmers, internet professionals and database staff)
- finance and accounting skills
- customer handling skills
- team working and networking and problem solving
DUAL AWARD MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES (awarded by APU & Staffordshire University, UK)
- M.Sc. in Global Marketing Management
- M.Sc. in International Business Communications
- MBA (Euro – Asia Business)
UCSI University MBA Programmes
- MBA (Blue Ocean Strategy)
- MBA Oil & Gas Management
- The Blue Ocean Strategy MBA is designed to nurture and empower leaders and managers of the future who will make a signiﬁcant diﬀerence in the marketplace. Delivered by UCSI in collaboration with the Blue Ocean Strategy Regional Centre, the programme emphasises the Blue Ocean Strategy framework, which has been incorporated into both the curriculum and pedagogy.It is the only one-of-its-kind in the region with Blue Ocean Strategy
specialisation that will lead to two awards – an MBA and a Blue Ocean Strategy Practitioner Certiﬁcation.
The programme adopts the praxis model where academic rigour is combined with hands-on experience within the authentic context of a business consultancy environment of a praxis centre: The UCSI Blue Ocean Strategy Regional Centre. Each module is taught by dedicated lecturers and is supported by adjunct practice professors and practitioners who have vast business experience.
- Through its uniquely-designed syllabus, the MBA (Oil and Gas Management) programme aims to train and produce graduates who have completed their ﬁrst degree in engineering, business administration,accounting, or etc. in the area of business administration with focus on the management of the Oil & Gas industry and its related businesses. This programme is designed for professionals who wish to upgrade their knowledge and skills to embark on administrative and managerial careers related to the oil and gas sector.
KBU International College UK MBA Course
- Awarded by Anglia Ruskin University, UK, an internationally recognised qualification
- Anglia Ruskin’s Ashcroft International Business School is one of the best business schools in the UK and Europe
- Flexible modular structure, allowing for optimum choices within a specialised area
- Access to Anglia Ruskin University’s e-library and online database, Emerald
- Seminars by successful entrepreneurs and professionals
HELP Graduate School – HELP University
- Master of Project Management (MProjMgt)
- Master of Corporate Governance (MCorpGov)
- Master of Executive Management (MExecMgt)
- Master of Accounting & Finance (MAccFin)
- Master of Entrepreneurship (MEntrep)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services helps provide information and counselling on courses and universities in Malaysia. EduSpiral Consultant Services also represents MDIS Singapore and Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com