Asia Pacific University once AGAIN Wins the Asia Pacific ICT Award
2013 (MSC-APICTA 2013) for the Best of Tertiary Student Project “Software/Hardware”.
Jasmine Kaur, APU engineering student, won for her project “Innovative and eco-friendly cooling fan – A substitute for Air Conditioners” besting other finalists MMU, TAR UC, Limkokwing, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, UUM, and Universiti Malaysia Pahang.
The awards were presented by YBhg Datuk Che Azemi Haron, Deputy Security General II, Minister of Communication and Multimedia at the awards Ceremony at Intercontinental Kuala Lumpur.
Project Name: Innovative & Eco-Friendly Cooling Fan – A Substitute for Air Conditioners
Student Name: Jasmine Kaur Buttar (School of Engineering)
Project Mentor: Kalai Anand Ratnam
What is “Innovative & Eco-Friendly Cooling Fan – A Substitute for Air
It is a modified version of a ceiling fan that has the potential to reduce the temperature (up to 10°C) of its surrounding during the process of circulation.
The blades are wrapped with (Non-woven Cotton and Polyester net) that can act as a substitute for the air conditioners
It is able to reduce the consumption of electricity by minimizing the usage of Air Conditioners in residential areas.
Therefore, it has a capability to reduce the cost of electricity by 75% per month (Actual Calculated Cost Based On Current Tariff). Able to prevent any kind of wall damage caused during the installation process, in contrary to the installation of Air Conditioners.
MSC Malaysia APICTA Award
The MSC Malaysia Asia-Pacific ICT Alliance (APICTA) a jointly organised programme by the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) and the Association of the Computer and Multimedia Industry of Malaysia (PIKOM) celebrates its 14th year by announcing its award winners and merit recipients in 19 different categories at the InterContinental Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
17 individual category winners and 18 merit recipients were recognised within their respective categories which included ‘Best of e-Learning’, ‘Best of Media & Entertainment’ and ‘Best of Start-up companies’.
The 2013 APICTA Awards saw an increase in submissions compared to last year, attracting in 345 submissions.
The objective of the MSC Malaysia Asia Pacific ICT Awards (MSC Malaysia APICTA) is to provide recognition to outstanding achievements of individuals, students, entrepreneurs, SMEs and organizations with operations in Malaysia who have contributed to the development of the MSC Malaysia initiatives or in building applications and services for the benefit of Malaysia.
It recognizes creativity, innovation, and excellence in Malaysian ICT.
This annual Awards program also provides an opportunity and an ideal
environment for individuals and companies to gain local, regional and international exposure through on-going promotional activities, and through participation at the international Asia Pacific ICT Alliance Awards (APICTA).
APU’s team will now be representing Malaysia at the International APICTA Awards to be held in Hong Kong from 24-27 November 2013 and will compete with member nations of APICTA from more than 16 countries.
Since its inception in 1999, Asia Pacific University (APU) has won a total of 23 awards.
About Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) is acknowledged to be one of Malaysia’s premier University of higher learning for technology.
Since its inception in 1993 as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT), the University has produced more than 16,000 highly skilled technology professionals in Malaysia and the Asia Pacific region, and has earned a reputation for excellence in education and research and development.
APIIT & APU had continuously wins awards for excellence in education, research and development and for the achievements of their students.
With an international student community of more than 10,000 students from more than 105 countries studying in its Malaysian campus, APU offers a truly cosmopolitan learning environment which prepares students well for the global challenges which lie ahead.
APU offers a wide range of degrees with Technology as a common core. It is APU’s aim to nurture and encourage innovation through our programmes, with the intention of producing individuals who will learn, adapt and think differently in new and better ways.
An impressive 95% of APU’s graduates obtain jobs before graduation. Students interested to register at APU may go to this link.Scholarships are available to deserving students. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided for outstation students.
Asia Pacific University is An Award-Winning University
The Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) stands tall among Malaysia’s premier Institutions of Higher
Learning – this is a University where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing graduates for significant roles in business and society globally.
In 2004, APU’s associate institution, APIIT, was the only Malaysian education institution to have won multiple awards in both National and International Asia Pacific ICT Awards. It was also the only Malaysian finalist in the Asian Innovation Awards and the winner of the Malaysian IT Product of the Year.
Originally established as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) in 1993, APU has more than 9000 students from 90 countries studying in its Malaysian campus.
This gives you an opportunity to build an international network while studying as well as gain invaluable cultural insights and communication skills. More than 95% of APU graduates are employed by graduation.
As a testimony of thatAsia Pacific University (APU) is the best university for computing, computer science and ICT in Malaysia, they and their students have won the following awards:
UTP – HAX National Hacking Competition 2014
- 2014 – 1st Runner Up
- 2014 – 4th Place
Big App Challenge 1.0
- 2014 – 1st Runner Up
International Invention, Innovation & Technology Exhibition (ITEX)
- 2014 – 1 Gold Award for the Invention, Innovation and Technology category
- 2014 – 1 Bronze Award for the Invention, Innovation and Technology category
- 2013 – 2 Silver Medals for the Invention, Innovation and Technology category
- 2013 – 2 Gold medals for the innovator category
Makeweekend Robotics Challenge 2013
- 2013 – Winner of Water Drone Competition
- 2013 – Winner of Awesomeness Challenge
Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA) Malaysia (Multimedia Development Corporation)
- 2013 – Top Award for ‘Best of Tertiary Student Project’
- 2012 – Top Award for ‘Best of Tertiary Student Project’
- 2011 – Winner of ‘Special Jury Award’ by the Prime Minister
- 2011 – Top Award for ‘Best of Tertiary Student Project’
- 2011 – 2 Merit Awards for ‘Best of Tertiary Student Project’
- 2010 – Top Award for ‘Best of Tertiary Student Project’
- 2008 – Top Award for ‘Best of e-Inclusion & e-Community’
- 2005 – Top Award for ‘Best of Applications & Infrastructure Tools’
- 2004 – Top Award for ‘Best of Education & Training’
- 2004 – Top Award for ‘Best of Applications & Infrastructure Tools’
- 2004 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Research & Development’
- 2003 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Research & Development’
- 2002 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Smart Learning Applications’
- 2001 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Smart Learning Applications’
- 2000 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Smart Learning Applications’
- 2000 – Top Award for ‘Best of Student Projects’
- 1999 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Student Projects’
International Asia Pacific ICT Awards (APICTA)
- 2012 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Tertiary Student Project’
- 2011 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Tertiary Student Project’
- 2010 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Tertiary Student Project’
- 2004 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Education & Training’
- 2004 – Merit Award for ‘Best of Applications & Infrastructure Tools’
NAPEI Awards (National Association of Private Education Institutions, Malaysia)
- 2011 – Award for Educational Excellence
- 2007 – Award for Educational Excellence
- 2004 – Award for Educational Excellence
Microsoft Imagine Cup (Microsoft Inc.)
- 2012 – Winner of Microsoft Imagine Cup (Malaysia)
- 2012 – Top Award for ‘MDeC Special Innovation’
- 2011 – Winner of Microsoft Imagine Cup (Malaysia)
- 2011 – 1st Runner-up of Microsoft Imagine Cup (Malaysia)
- 2011 – 2nd Runner-up of Microsoft Imagine Cup (Malaysia)
- 2011 – Top Award for ‘MDeC Special Innovation’
- 2011 – Top Award for ‘Presentation Superstars’
- 2010 – Winner of Microsoft Imagine Cup (Malaysia)
- 2010 – Top 6 finalists at World Championship in Poland
- 2010 – Top Award for ‘Best Presentation Team’
- 2010 – Top Award for ‘Best Implementation of Multipoint’
- 2004 – 3rd Prize Award for ‘System Government Elections Software’
Malaysia Cybersecurity Awards (Cybersecurity Malaysia)
- 2013 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
- 2012 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
- 2009 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
Industry Excellence Awards by Ministry of International Trade & Industry
- 2011 – Winner of Prime Minister’s Industry Excellence Award
- 2011 – Winner of ‘Special Jury Award’ by the Prime Minister
Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia Awards
- 2008 – Top Award for ‘Best Website Design’
Ministry of Education Excellence Awards (Ministry of Education, Malaysia)
- 2003 – Award of Excellence in Research & Development
- 2003 – Award of Excellence for Development of Overseas Centers
Prime Minister’s Golden Hands Award (Ministry of Works, Malaysia)
- 2004 – Top Award in Network and PC Maintenance category
PIKOM – Computimes ICT Awards (Association of Computer Industry in Malaysia)
- 2005 – Product of the Year Award for ‘URL Checker’
- 2004 – Product of the Year Award for ‘Screenshield Suite’
DEBATE COMPETITION 2011 (Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia)
- 2011 – Champion of HEP- IPTS Debate Competition 2011
Deloitte Inter-University Tax Competition 2011
- 2011 – Merit Award
Game Design Challenge 2011 (GameCareerGuide.com)
- 2011 – Best Entry ‘Game Design Challenge: One Button Challenge’
- 2011 – Best Entry ‘Game Design Challenge: Think Of the Children’
BOSCH Power Tools Asia Cordless Race 2011
- 2011 – Consolation Prize
ITEX 2009 Awards – Won by APU Graduates (International Invention, Innovation & Technology Exhibition)
- 2009 – Gold Award for ‘Best Invention – SmartSurface’
- 2009 – Special Award for Corporate Invention
Stanford University’s Global Innovation Tournament 2009
- 2009 – Winner for Global Innovation Tournament Global Challenge
1Malaysia Innovation Tournament (1MIT) 2010
- 2010 – Winner for ‘Best Animated Award’
- 2010 – Winner for ‘Most Scariest Video Award’
Hack In The Box (HITB) International Competition 2010
- 2010 – 2nd Prize for ‘Weapon of Mass Destruction’
Malaysia Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Award 2010 (Won by APU Graduates)
- 2010 – Award for ‘Emerging Human Computer Interface Technologies’
World University Debates Championship 2010
- 2010 – Runner-up in the Grand Final
MSC Malaysia Creative Industry Awards 2009 (Games Category – Student)
- 2009 – Award for ‘Best Game Design’
- 2009 – Award for ‘Best Technical’
Asian Innovation Awards (Far Eastern Economic Review, Singapore)
2004 – Only Malaysian Finalist
- 2006 – First Prize for DKSH-CSSC Media Challenge 2006
Enterprise 50 Award (Accenture & SMI Development Corp)
1998, 1999, 2000 – 3rd position in 2000 among top 50 Malaysian organisations
e-Genting Programming Competition (R&D Division, e-Genting)
- 2006 – First Prize for ‘Software Program Design and Development’
- 2004 – First Prize for ‘Software Program Design and Development’
- 2003 – First Prize for ‘Software Program Design and Development’
- 2002 – Merit Award for ‘Software Program Design and Development’
HSBC Young IT Entrepreneur Awards (Hong Kong Bank)
- 2004 – Gold Award for ‘Universal Wireless Charging’ solution
- 2004 – Judges Award for ‘Security Transmitter & Detector’ device
- 2002 – Silver Award for ‘Business Edutainment Access Medium’
MSC-IHL Business Plan Competition (Institutions of Higher Learning Business Plan Competition by Multimedia Development Corporation)
2012 – Merit prize for Business Idea Category
- 2005 – Grand prize for Business Idea Category
- 2005 – Merit prize for Business Plan Category
Asia Student .NET Awards (Microsoft Inc.)
- 2003 – 3rd Prize Award for ‘Automobile Manufacture Service’ software application
- 2003 – 5th Prize Award for ‘i-Mall’ software application
Forum Nokia Mobile Challenge Java Competition (Nokia Inc.)
- 2002 – Top 3 winners worldwide for a Java-based e-mail client application for Nokia devices using J2ME (Java 2 Micro Edition)
Dare to be Digital Programming Competition (British Council / University of Abertay, Dundee)
- 2003 – 1st Prize Award for a Multiplayer Online Game
- 2003 – 3rd Prize Award for a Role Playing Strategy Game
Business Excellence Award 2006 (Malaysia Canada Business Council)
- 2006 – Bronze award for Industry Excellence for Education
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Asia Pacific University is a top University in Malaysia
Asia Pacific University’s achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at national and regional levels over the years bear testimony
to their commitment to excellence in higher education and training, as well as innovative research and development and comercialisation.
- UCTI has now been upgraded to university status hence the name change to Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU)
- UCTI (through APIIT) is Malaysia’s first Institution to achieve Multimedia Super Corridor (MSC) Company Status
- The only Institution to have won the prestigious MSC Asia Pacific ICT Awards every year since the inception of the awards in 1999.
- UCTI’s academic programmes are all approved by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia and the qualifications are accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
- Asia Pacific University College of Technology and Innovation (UCTI) was established when Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) was officially awarded University College status by the Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysia, in 2004.
The new University College is now called UCTI for short. Recently in July 2012, they have received university status and therefore is now known as the Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU)
Research & Development Achievements for Asia Pacific University (APU)
• Winner of “ICT Product of the Year 2005” at PIKOM Computimes ICT Awards 2005
• Winner of “Best of Application and Infrastructure Tools” at MSC-APICTA Awards 2005
The Screenshield Suite
- Winner of “Best of Application and Infrastructure Tools” at MSC-APICTA Awards 2008
- Winner of “ICT Product of the Year 2004” at PIKOM Computimes ICT Awards 2004
- Merit Award Winner of “Best of Application and Infrastructure Tools” at APICTA Awards 2004, Hong Kong
- Winner of “Best of Application and Infrastructure Tools” at MSC-APICTA Awards 2004
- Finalist at Far East Economic Review Asian Innovation Awards 2004 – Improving Quality of Life
- FileShield – Best of R&D, Merit Award at MSC-APICTA 2003
• Merit Award Winner of ‘Best Education and Training’ at APICTA Awards 2004, Hong Kong
• Winner of “Best of Education and Training” at MSC-APICTA Awards 2004
• Merit Winner of “Best of R&D” at MSC-APICTA Awards 2004
Technologically Advanced Facilities at Asia Pacific University
APU’s library is a gateway to a comprehensive collection of books, journals, periodicals, student projects and other related publications to support learning and research for all students and staff.
In addition, you can access online digital libraries from leading providers such as Proquest, Emerald, ACM and Current Law Journals. The library also houses areas for individual and group study, computer facilities and a photocopying facility.
All students have access to state-of-the-art computer facilities that include the latest PCs and workstations with Internet connection, operating systems, software suites and commercial programming software in multiple IT labs built for project work, multimedia production, software and internet programming. Furthermore, all around the campus you will have access to wireless Internet so you can learn anywhere, anytime.
Learning and understanding of the various Engineering principles at different levels is supported by hands-on laboratory work. This is undertaken in fully-equipped laboratories for Analogue and Digital electronics, Communications Engineering, Electrical Power, Controls and Automation, as well as Materials and Testing laboratories and the Mechanical workshop.
As well as this, in order to enable students to learn and understand the latest high-tech engineering techniques, software such as Matlab, Multisim (Simulation) and Autodesk Inventor (Engineering Design) have been installed in the Engineering software and Microprocessor laboratory. Students can make use of all these facilities to do their course work and projects.
Strategic Location of Asia Pacific University’s campus in Kuala Lumpur
The university is strategically located in Technology Park Malaysia, Bukit Jalil. It is near condos and the Bukit Jalil LRT station. A free shuttle bus is provided for students to the LRT station and their accommodation.
APU will be moving to a new campus at the end of 2015 which is also located at Technology Park Malaysia.
Technology Park Malaysia at Bukit Jalil is the ideal location for this new and contemporary Campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a wide variety of areas such as Information and Communication Technology, Biotechnology, Microelectronics, Engineering and Broadcasting.
TPM is also located in one of the most rapidly developing areas in Kuala Lumpur, and is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation.
The central atrium space of APU’s new campus forms the hub to the building with large communal spaces, multipurpose hall and various other facilities like the large library, computer & engineering labs, lounges and syndicate rooms.
Students will enjoy a lifestyle experience through the sports and recreation facilities such as swimming pool, fitness center as well as basement car parks on campus, among many other exciting facilities.
Financial Aid at Asia Pacific University (APU)
A wide range of affordable hostel accommodation is provided. Free bus shuttles are provided to and from APU and the hostel as well as the Bukit Jalil LRT station.
Scholarships at APIIT range from 30% to 100% depending on the students’ results in SPM, STPM, UEC, O-Levels, or the A-Levels. Sports Scholarships are also available for State and National Players.
Special scholarships are available for students from East Malaysia – Sabah and Sarawak, to assist them to achieve their educational goals.
“Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) works closely with EduSpiral Consultant Services in assisting a smooth transfer into our programmes for students from all over Malaysia.
Students who have joined APIIT through EduSpiral are very happy with their services and have found their online advise insightful and valuable. EduSpiral also provides guided tours to our campus and provides students with an in-depth view of the careers in IT, Business, Accounting, Banking and Finance and Engineering enabling them to make sound decisions.”
Muhammad Anis Ur Rehman
Manager, Student Services
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services helps provide information and counselling on courses and universities in Malaysia. EduSpiral Consultant Services also represents Northampton University, UK, MDIS Singapore and Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com