Best Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree in Malaysia at Curtin Sarawak
Study the Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree Course at the Top Ranked Curtin University Sarawak that’s accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM, UEC, O-Levels, A-Levels or STPM who are interested in pursuing a top rated electrical & electronic engineering degree that’s accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) can choose to study at Curtin University Sarawak.
Since its establishment in 1999, Curtin University, Sarawak Malaysia (Curtin Sarawak) – the largest international campus of Curtin University – has experienced exponential growth in enrolments for courses under its Bachelor of Engineering programme. The engineering courses at Curtin University Sarawak are identical in all aspects to those offered by its Australian parent, and that they are accredited by engineering bodies both in Australia and Malaysia, and in the case of the Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical Engineering), in the United Kingdom as well.
The Electrical & Electronic Engineering degree programmes at the top ranked Curtin University Sarawak are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). Curtin Sarawak has won awards in the Electrical & Electronic engineering field as well affirming that they are one of the best private universities in Malaysia for Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
Curtin University has been ranked among the world’s top universities in six engineering subjects in Shanghai Ranking’s 2016 Global Ranking of Academic Subjects, including a top 50 position in two of the subjects and a top 150 position in a further two. The Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects ranks Curtin University’s Electrical & Electronic Engineering in the world’s top 400.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Top Ranked Australian University’s Electrical & Electronic Engineering Degree at Curtin University Sarawak, Malaysia
Faculty of Engineering and Science at Curtin Sarawak
Realise your dream to become a professional engineer or scientist with a Curtin degree. Curtin Sarawak’s Faculty of Engineering and Science offers Curtin’s accredited degrees in engineering and science, which are ranked amongst the world’s best. The Faculty also gives you more opportunities to use the latest technology and get involved in world-class research.
Bachelor of Engineering -BEng. (Hons.)(Electrical and Electronic) at Curtin University Sarawak
Electrical and electronics underpin everyday technologies, from large devices such as electric vehicles to small devices such as mobile phones and computers. In general, electrical and electronic engineering encompasses electrical power and control, electronic, telecommunication and computer systems.
There is hardly any aspect of our modern civilization that is not dependent upon electrical energy. We use this for heating, cooling, transportation, lighting, manufacturing and production to name a few areas of application. Electrical and electronic engineering involves the applications of electrical energy, together with its generation, transmission and distribution, as well as the harnessing of sources of renewable and sustainable energy.
Electronic field represents one of the fastest growing technology areas internationally and is the underlying area to many industries such as robotics and telecommunications. With the rapid progress of the information society such as the revolutionary Internet of Things (IoT), the role of electrical and electronic engineers is becoming more crucial to make tomorrow better.
First Year Subjects for the Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Curtin University Sarawak
The major has a common first year with all other engineering disciplines which builds a range of basic science skills and knowledge, with particular emphasis on physics, chemistry and mathematics.
Why Electrical and Electronic Engineering?
The course provides students with fundamental and state-of-art knowledge, relevant to industry with theory, computer simulation and practical components
Excellent teaching staff, many with extensive industrial experience and strong collaboration with industry players present opportunities for exposure to industry practice
Note: *Pending Ministry of Higher Education approval
Professional Recognition for the Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Curtin University Sarawak
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- Public Services Department (JPA)
- Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Engineers Australia (EA)
- Washington Accord
Course Structure for the Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Curtin University Sarawak
|Engineering First Year||Sem 1|
|INDE1000||Engineering Foundation: Principles & Communication||25|
|MATH1002||Engineering Mathematics 1||25|
|Select 1 Option from Elective||12.5|
|Sem 2||MATH1003||Engineering Mathematics 2||25|
|INDE1001||Engineering Foundations: Design & Processes||25|
|Year 2||Sem 1||ELEN2000||Electrical Circuits||25|
|CMPE2004||Advanced Engineering Programming||25|
|CMPE2001||Foundations of Digital Design||25|
|MATH2007||Mathematics and Probability Theory||25|
|Sem 2||ELEN2001||Electromagnetic and Electromechanical Energy Conversion||25|
|ETEN2000||Signal and Systems||25|
|Year 3||Sem 1||ELEN3002||Engineering Electromagnetics and Transmission Lines||25|
|CMPE3000||Data Communications and Networking||25|
|Sem 2||ELEN3004||Renewable Energy Principles||25|
|ENEN2000||Engineering Sustainable Development||12.5|
|BLAW2000||Law for Engineers||12.5|
|ELEN3000||Electrical machine and stability||25|
|ELEN3001||Power System Analysis||25|
|Year 4||Sem 1||EEET4000||Engineering Research Project 1||25|
|ETEN4001||Instrumentation and Control||25|
|ELEN4006||Smart Grids and Renewable Energy Systems||25|
|Select 1 Option from Elective||25|
|Sem 2||EEET4001||Engineering Research Project 2||25|
|ELEN4001||Electric Power Transmission and Distributions||25|
|Select 1 Option from Elective||25|
Elective (Optional) Units for EEE Programme Course Structure
|Year 1||Sem. 1||ENGR1000||EF: Evolution, Development, Successes & Failures||12.5|
|ELEN1000||Introduction to Renewable Energy||12.5|
|Year 4||Sem. 1||ETEN3000||Digital Signal Processing||25|
|COMT4003||Mobile Radio Communications||25|
|COMPT3002||Wireless Data Networks||25|
|Sem. 2||COMPT3000||Communications Engineering||25|
|ELEN3003||Power System Protection||25|
|CMPE3001||Embedded Systems Engineering||25|
Curtin University Australia Rankings, Research and Reputation
Curtin University (formerly Curtin University of Technology) is a research-intensive public university based in Perth, Western Australia, named after the 14th Prime Minister of Australia, John Curtin. It is the largest university in Western Australia, with over 40,000 students (as of 2012).
Rankings of Curtin University Australia
- Curtin is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide in the highly regarded Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
- In 2016, Curtin was estimated to be positioned at 211th in the world and 10th in Australia.
- Curtin also climbed 33 places this year to a rank of 302nd in the world and remains 9th in Australia in the latest University Ranking by Academic Performance (URAP), and is positioned at 312th in the world and 16th in Australia in the CWTS Leiden Ranking.
- In addition, Curtin ranks 306th in the QS World University Ranking (QSWUR) and in the 401 – 500 band in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking (THEWUR). The University was also ranked 26th in the 2016 THEWUR: 200 Most International Universities in the World ranking.
- In a global review of young institutions under 50 years, Curtin was placed 27th globally and 6th nationally in the QSWUR: Top 50 Under 50. The University is also placed 84th in the world and 14th nationally in the THE Top 200 universities under 50.
- In the QSWUR by Subject, Curtin has 16 subjects ranked in the top 200 worldwide.
- Curtin was also awarded five stars overall in the 2017 QS Stars University Ratings.
The 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject also ranked Curtin as a top 100 university in six other subjects: Architecture/Built Environment, Art and Design, Nursing, Earth and Marine Sciences, Education, and Sports-related Subjects.
- In addition, Curtin featured in the 2016 world top 200 ARWU Field ranking for Natural Sciences and Mathematics and Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences (101-150).
- In the QSWUR by Subject, Curtin has two subjects featured in the world’s top 50 – education in 37th place and earth and marine sciences in 40th place – with 14 other subjects ranked in the top 200 worldwide.
- Curtin University has been ranked among the world’s top universities in six engineering subjects in Shanghai Ranking’s 2016 Global Ranking of Academic Subjects, including a top 50 position in two of the subjects and a top 150 position in a further two.The Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects featured Curtin University:
- Energy Science & Engineering – ranked equal 2nd in Australia and equal 32nd in the world
- Civil Engineering – ranked equal 2nd in Australia and equal 41st in the world
- Chemical Engineering – ranked 4th in Australia and in the top 150 in the world
- Environmental Science & Engineering – ranked in the world’s top 150
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering – ranked in the world’s top 400
- Materials Science & Engineering – ranked in the world’s top 600
- In the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017, Curtin ranked top 150 in the world for Chemical Engineering.
- Curtin was also awarded five stars overall in the 2015 QS Stars University Ratings.
- The following subject areas that are available at Curtin University Malaysia Campus are strongly ranked and have received a five-star rating in the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2014:
- Accounting and Finance (top 100)
- Chemical Engineering (top 100)
- Civil and Structural Engineering (top 150)
- Communication and Media Studies (top 100)
- Computer Science and Information Systems (top 200)
- Earth and Marine Sciences (top 100)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering (top 200)
- Environmental Studies (top 150)
- Curtin is one of only two Western Australian universities to rank in the prestigious Shanghai Jiao Tong Annual Ranking of World Universities (2011).
- It is also one of the two Western Australian universities to rank in the Times Higher Education’s 2011-2012 world university rankings.
- Curtin is ranked within the top 300 universities by QS World University
Rankings 2011/12. The University is also ranked in The Academic Ranking of World Universities, 2010 (ARWU) as one of the top 500 world universities.
- Curtin’s Chemical Engineering program ranks amongst the best 100 in the world in the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings in 2011.
- Curtin’s Graduate School of Business’s MBA programmes, which are accredited by the London-basedAssociation of MBAs (AMBA), were ranked 58th out of 113 amongst renowned business schools worldwide by the Economist magazine. In addition, Curtin Creative Writing staff and alumni have won the Miles Franklin Award a total of seven times.
- The 2012 Quacuarelli Symonds World Universities Ranking by Subject have listed Curtin among the top 200 universities in the world across nine categories, up from five in 2011.
- Curtin was named among the top 100 institutions in Chemical Engineering; Earth and Marine Sciences; Statistics and Operational Research; Education; and Accounting and Finance.
- Curtin also ranked in the top 150 institutions for Civil Engineering, and among the top 200 institutions in Computer Science; Pharmacy and Pharmacology; and Communications and Media Studies.
Study at Curtin University Sarawak, a top-ranked Australian university in Malaysia
Curtin University Sarawak opened its doors in 1999 following an invitation from the Sarawak State Government to Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Western Australia, to establish its first offshore campus in Miri. It opened its impressive 300-acre campus in the suburb of Senadin to the north of Miri in 2002. In the time since, Curtin University Sarawak has established itself as a world-class international university in East Malaysia, attracting students from throughout Malaysia and some 40 other countries.
Strategically located in a region of Sarawak famed for its natural wonders, rich cultural heritage and biodiversity, oil and gas industry, and emerging processing and manufacturing industries, and with over 3,500 students, Curtin University Sarawak offer students a truly international and cross-cultural learning environment in a unique Malaysian setting.
Students seeking an affordable higher education at a reputable international tertiary institution in
Most significantly, it is the relatively lower cost of studying and living in Miri, compared to the costs of pursuing tertiary studies in Australia, that attracts students to Curtin Sarawak. Every aspect of Curtin’s academic programmes, including course materials and examinations, are identical to the programmes offered at our main campus in Perth.
Some of Curtin Sarawak’s students take most of their course at the Miri campus and then transfer to Perth for their final year. Furthermore, Miri’s location, facilities, lifestyle, and warm and welcoming populace provide a conducive environment for university studies, as well as opportunities for research and development given the area’s rich eco-system and abundant natural resources.
Curtin University Sarawak Rankings & Reputation
- 2014 – Curtin University Sarawak is rated Tier 5 or Excellent in the SETARA 2013 ranking of universities in Malaysia by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- 2013 – Curtin Sarawak achieves ISO 9001: 2008 certification, delivered by certifying agency SIRIM QAS Sdn. Bhd. It brings Curtin Sarawak in line with Curtin University’s campuses in Perth and Singapore, which have also achieved ISO 9001:2008 certification.
- 2013 – Higher degree by research (HDR) student Lue Ik Hong becomes Curtin Sarawak’s second recipient of MyBrain15 scholarship for postgraduate study.
- 2013 – Curtin Sarawak achieves a Tier 5 or “Excellent” rating for Engineering in the new Discipline-Based Rating System (D-Setara) introduced by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) to rate the quality of teaching and learning of undergraduates in Malaysian higher learning institutions.
- 2013 – Dr. Ujjal Kumar Ghosh, senior lecturer in the Department of Chemical Engineering, is honoured with a Chemcon Distinguished Speaker (CDS) Award by the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE). The CDS Award is awarded to individuals who have made significant contributions to the field of chemical engineering either in academia or in industry.
- 2013 – Dr. Amandeep S. Sidhu of the Curtin Sarawak Research Institute co-organises the 1st
International Symposium on Biomedical Data Infrastructure (BDI 2013) in Kuala Lumpur with Dr. Sarinder K. Dhillon from University of Malaya. The symposium discusses the next generation of information integration approaches that are needed to ensure increasing infrastructure agility required for high-throughput biomedical research.
- 2013 – Associate Professor Dr. Michael K. Danquah of the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering is appointed member of the Board of Trustees of Open Access Publishing London (OAPL).
- 2013 – Two academics from Curtin Sarawak, Associate Professor Dr. Michael K. Danquah and Dr. Mesfin G. Woldetensay from the Department of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering, School of Engineering and Science, were shortlisted by The Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) Malaysia for the IChemE Awards 2013. They were nominated for the Innovator of the Year and the Petrochemical Processing awards, respectively.
- 2012 – Curtin University Sarawak is rated Tie5 or Excellent in the SETARA 2011 ranking of universities in Malaysia by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
State-of-the-art Facilities at Curtin University Sarawak
Curtin Sarawak’s state-of-the-art campus is equipped with the latest computers, software, laboratory equipment, teaching facilities and reference materials in addition to free Internet access and e-mail facilities for students.
Students also have access to learning resources at Curtin’s main campus and other resources via the Internet. The use of modern technology on the campus is also very extensive as Curtin places great emphasis on utilising technology to support teaching, learning and research. Significant investment in computing and networking facilities continues to be made to ensure facilities are state-of-the-art.
The campus currently has 14 computer labs with over 400 PCs for student use in addition to terminals located in the library that provide access to the library’s online databases. Furthermore, sophisticated IT linkages provide access to the online resources of the main campus in Perth.
As research activities are an essential component of academic excellence at Curtin Sarawak, the campus
boasts a number of state-of-the-art science and engineering labs, including Chemical Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Power, Electronic and Communication, Embedded System, Networking, Renewable Energy and Geophysics labs. Film and television students, meanwhile, can count on a custom-built Film Lab and Editing Suite equipped with the latest broadcast-quality film-making equipment and software.
Curtin Sarawak is now entering its next phase of development spanning the next five years, during which its student population is expected to surpass 5,000.
A state-of-the art Library and Auditorium complex, a signature work of architecture and new campus landmark, has been completed. Incorporating a 400-seat auditorium and modern library facilities, it heralds an enrichment of campus life and the student and staff experience.
They also have access to recreational facilities such as the multipurpose Recreation and Event Centre
which houses an indoor basketball court, badminton courts and gym facilities, as well as a football field, rugby pitch, outdoor basketball court, tennis courts and indoor volleyball cum futsal court.
Students at Curtin Sarawak can find everything they need on the campus. In addition to the library and laboratories, there is academic support, study areas, a choice of food outlets, student lounge, postal and banking facilities, campus bookshop, convenience store, health and first aid centre, Islamic Centre, and public transport.
Curtin Sarawak aims to produce career-ready graduates with a passion for life-long learning and a commitment to serving the needs of the broader community.
Curtin’s courses have applied, practical subjects with a strong emphasis on industry links, which means
students will have the opportunity to work closely with companies in their chosen field, often securing employment before they graduate.
In addition, Curtin has a strong commitment to multi-cultural and international engagement with our student population now numbering some 3,000. This cultural diversity adds a rich and valuable dimension to the campus atmosphere and also prepares their graduates to live and work in an increasingly global environment.
Just as with the student cohort, Curtin’s highly-qualified and experienced staff members come not just from Malaysia but also from Australia and numerous other countries. Having such high-calibre staff has allowed Curtin Sarawak to develop a number of research centres, many of which are linked to research
programmes at the Perth campus.
Assurance of Quality at Curtin University Sarawak
Curtin University Sarawak is renowned for their links with industry and business, and for the practical and applied nature of our courses.
Curtin Sarawak’s courses are identical in all aspects to those offered at Curtin’s main campus in Australia, are endorsed by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education, Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Malaysian Public Services Department (JPA), and accredited by professional bodies, ensuring wide recognition.
It is characteristics like these that differentiate their courses from those of other universities.
Creating International Opportunities at Curtin University Sarawak
With seven campuses across the Asia-Pacific region, Curtin gives you all the benefits of a truly international university.
All the courses offered at their campuses in Sarawak, Singapore and Sydney are run using the same unit structure and study materials as their courses in Perth, meaning that you can transfer between two campuses to complete your Curtin degree. When you graduate, you’ll have a degree that is recognised in more places around the world and be able to complete further study at either campus to enhance your career prospects.
Achievements of Engineering Students and Staff at Curtin University Sarawak
Civil and Construction Engineering:
- Civil and Construction Engineering Students Top at Intervarsity Concrete Frisbee Competition 2011
- Civil and Construction Engineering Student Top Scorer for e-Quiz for Engineering Mechanics 100 for S1, 2011
- Asia Pacific Universities Build & Break Competition 2011
- Shell Eco-marathon 2010 International Competition
- Shell Eco-marathon 2011 International Competition
- National Chemical Engineers Symposium (NACES) 2010
Electrical and Computer Engineering:
- IEEE Freescale SMARTCar Competition 2010
- SARAWAK Open Source Competition 2010
- ROBOCON 2010
- IEEE Freescale SMARTCar Competition 2011
- SARAWAK Open Source Competition 2011
- Tan Yin Ling – Australian Learning and Teaching Council 2011 Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
- Tan Yin Ling – Curtin 2010 Excellence and Innovation in Teaching Award (Early Career)
- Rajalingam Sokkalingam – Student Choice Award 2010 (School of Engineering and Science)
- Dr Wong Kiing Ing – School Teaching and Excellence Award 2010
Industrial Training for Engineering Students at Curtin University Sarawak
Industrial Training refers to students’ work experience in an engineering-practice environment to familiarize themselves
In Curtin University Sarawak Malaysia, all engineering students MUST complete at least 12 weeks of Industrial Training as one of the requirements to be awarded a Bachelor of Engineering.with professional engineering practices prior to graduation. The Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and Engineers Australia, which are the organizations that accredited all engineering programmes in Malaysia and Australia, strongly advocate that at least 12 weeks of continuous industrial training is included in all undergraduate engineering programmes.
It is a mechanism to integrate engineering practices in the curriculum to achieve the overall Programme Outcomes and Curtin Graduates Attributes. Student shall undergo the Industrial Training during the semester break after he/ she has completed Year 3 or obtained at least 500 credit points.
Students should note that Industrial Training is an essential component in the engineering curriculum. It
provides exposure to engineering processes at a practical level; helps developing professional skills required by an engineer and offers opportunity to prospective employment.
Many employers regard this period as a chance to assess potential employees for future employment.
All engineering students should make considerable effort and give sufficient thought into obtaining the most effective training for themselves. Whilst challenging, it is desirable to obtain training that covers a range of activities, such as design, laboratory and on-site field works.
At Curtin University Sarawak Malaysia, Industrial Training is facilitated by the Dean of School with the consultation of the Industrial and External Relations Committee, and is managed by the respective Advisor for each engineering programme.
Through the Industrial Training at Curtin University Sarawak, students will be able:-
- To apply engineering knowledge learned in classroom environment in real industrial situations;
- To expose to professional engineering practices in the industries;
- To understand the role and responsibilities as well as code of ethics that engineers should uphold;
- To develop awareness about general workplace behaviours and build interpersonal skills;
- To prepare professional work records and reports;
- To build rapport and network with future employers to increase employability
EduSpiral Consultant Services – Your Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services is a education agent that guides
students from across Malaysia to help them choose the right course and university. Highly experienced professional staff will talk to you and get to know you before giving advise on which course that will best fit you and your budget.
Established in 2009, EduSpiral is an appointed representative for top reputable private colleges & universities in Malaysia & Singapore.
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com
Posted on March 15, 2015, in Best University, Best university in sarawak, Career Choices, Choosing the right course, Choosing the right university, Curtin University Sarawak, Engineering, Study in Malaysia, Top Universities, Top University and tagged best Electrical & Electronic Engineering in Malaysia, best university for engineering in malaysia, Best University in Malaysia for Electronic and Communication Engineering, Curtin University Sarawak engineering accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), electrical & electronic engineering accredited by board of engineers malaysia, Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Curtin Sarawak, study Electronic and Communication Engineering at Curtin Sarawak, study Electronic and Communication Engineering in Malaysia, Study the Bachelor of Engineering (Electronic & Communication Engineering) Degree Course at Curtin Sarawak, Study the Bachelor of Engineering (Electronic & Communication Engineering) Degree Course in Malaysia, top Electrical & Electronic Engineering in Malaysia, top Electronic & Communication Engineering in Malaysia, top Electronic & Communication Engineering school in Malaysia. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.