UK Dual Award Business Management Degree at First City University College
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
First City University College (First City UC) was established in 1990 and offers the affordable Business Management degree at its purpose-designed, fully equipped campus in Bandar Utama, Selangor. This BA (Hons) Business Management degree at First City University College (First City UC) provides students with a broad spectrum of knowledge in business management, marketing, as well as accounting and finance. The curriculum delivers a sound understanding of contemporary issues such as globalisation and sustainability. The duration for the BA (Hons) Business Management degree at First City University College is 3 years (6 semesters) with intakes in January and September of each year.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced coursellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Exceptional Private University in Malaysia for Business Management Degree at First City University College
This BA (Hons) Business Management degree at First City University College provides students with a broad spectrum of knowledge in business management, marketing, as well as accounting and finance. The curriculum delivers a sound understanding of contemporary issues such as globalisation and sustainability.
The duration for the BA (Hons) Business Management degree at First City University College is 3 years (6 semesters) with intakes in January and September of each year.
Students can apply to be CIM (Student) Affliate at discounted membership fee.
With 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels in the relevant subjects, you can go for the Foundation in Business Administration at First City University College. After the 1-year affordable foundation programme, you can continue on to the 3-year business management degree programme at First City University College. The business degree programmes are dual awards by First City UC & Anglia Ruskin University.
Students with at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels may join the Diploma in Business Administration for 2 years and upon completion continue on to Year 2 of the UK Dual Award Business Management degree at First City University College. First City University College provides a safe off-campus accommodation which is just across the road. Deserving students can apply for the scholarships as well. Interested students may apply online for First City University College here.
Entry Requirements for the BA (Hons) Business Management degree at First City University College
- STPM: Minimum 2 Cs and 5 credits in SPM (inclusive of English)and at least a pass in Malay Language and History.
- UEC: Minimum 5 Bs (inclusive of English)
- GCE A Levels: Minimum 2 Es and 5 credits in GCE 0 Level /SPM (inclusive of English) and at least a pass in Malay Language and History
- Diploma in Business Administration: CGPA of 2.0
- AUSMAT: Minimum ATAR score of 65%
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at First City University College
First City University College’s Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers Foundation in Business Administration with pathways to pursue business related disciplines (Accounting & Finance, Business Management and Marketing) and social sciences programmes (Hospitality & Tourism Management and Mass Communication).
Alternatively, students who already have a clear interest in the field of business and social sciences can opt to pursue specialised two-year diploma programmes in Business Administration, Hospitality & Tourism Management and Mass Communication. Upon graduation, students possess an advanced standing to continue to Year 2 of a related degree programme at First City UC.
Dual Award and Homegrown Degree Programmes at First City University College
First City UC currently offers specially-crafted degree programmes to respond to the needs and demands of both the local and global industry which will enhance the employability of its graduates. Four of its degree programmes, namely BA (Hons) Business Management, BSc (Hons) Accounting & Finance, BA (Hons) Marketing and Master of Business Administration (MBA) are offered in collaboration with the institution’s longstanding United Kingdom partner university, the Anglia Ruskin University (ARU).
This university is well regarded for its quality teaching and support, and is one of the largest universities in the East of England with 35,000 students from 177 countries. ARU was named “one of the top 350 institutions in the world and joint 38th best in the UK” by the Times Higher Education’s (THE) World University Rankings 2016. The Lord Ashcroft International Business School (LAIBS) at ARU is ranked among the top 50 Business Schools in Accounting and Finance in the UK, according to the 2017 UK Guardian League Table report.
Students who pursue these programmes will receive two degree certificates; one from First City UC and one from ARU. This dual award mode will provide them with recognition and validation from two higher education providers, giving them the edge which will set them apart from their peers.
Upon completion of the programme, students are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate a secure knowledge and understanding of the variety of organizational types, objectives, operational behaviour and managerial and strategic approaches, both within and between organizations
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the external environment within which businesses operate, including economic, technological, demographic, environmental, ethical, legal, political socio-cultural and cross-cultural aspects
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the principles and functions of management, including human resource, marketing, accounting and finance, and knowledge and information management
- Show a critical appreciation of contemporary issues such as globalization, sustainability, entrepreneurship and innovation, social responsibility, knowledge-based economies, demographic and structural change
- Use inductive, deductive and other analytical approaches to identify potential linkages between variables and generate testable hypotheses
- Evaluate the contribution of various qualitative and quantitative techniques to the solution of problems identified
- Plan and execute a research project into business and management issues
- Use communication and information technology effectively for business applications
- Use practical survey techniques effectively e.g. designing, using and ‘scoring’ questionnaires, conducting interviews.
Course Outline for the BA (Hons) Business Management degree at First City University College
- Principles of Accounting
- Business Mathematics
- Business English
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Management
- Financial Accounting 1
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Business Law
- Entrepreneurship and Enterprise Management
- Management Information System
- Managing People and Organisation
- Business Project Management
- International Business
- Business Research Methods
- Corporate Finance
- Taxation 1
- Management Accounting
- Social Media Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Marketing Management
- Elective 1 (select ONE) :
- Capital Markets & Malaysian Securities Law
- Corporate Secretaryship
- Elective 2 (select ONE) :
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Elective 1 (select ONE) :
- Undergraduate Project
- Global Cross-Cultural Management
- Ethics in Business
- Organisational Development Management
- Elective 3 (select ONE) :
- Company Law
- Marketing Communications
- Elective 3 (select ONE) :
- Industrial Training
- Chief Operating Officer
- Administrative Manager
- Business Consultant
- Research Analyst
- Human Resource Executive
- Corporate Trainer
Anglia Ruskin University UK Dual Award Degree at First City University College
Anglia Ruskin University celebrated its 150 years of commitment to quality education in 2008. The University has two main
campuses, one in the centre of Cambridge, and one in Chelmsford. Both campuses have seen multi-million pound investment over the last few years and offer students state-of-the-art learning and teaching facilities.
History of Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- 1858 John Ruskin opened a School of Art in Cambridge, laying the foundation for the institution which grew to become Anglia Ruskin University.
- 1989 The Essex Institute of Higher Education and Cambridgeshire College of Arts & Technology came together to form a polytechnic.
- 1992 Became a university and changed its name from Anglia Polytechnic University (APU) to Anglia Ruskin in 2005.
Academic strengths for Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Anglia Ruskin University is in the top 20% in the country for student satisfaction on business studies (NSS 2014).
- Average graduate salary is £29,693 – well above the UK average (DLHE 2012–13).
- ARU lecturers are rated among the most enthusiastic and interesting in the country, and our courses among the most intellectually stimulating (NSS 2014).
- Anglia Ruskin University is the UK Entrepreneurial University of the Year (Times Higher Education Awards, 2014) – what
better place to think about starting your own business?
- ARU students use the Bloomberg Financial Markets Lab – Bloomberg is the world’s leading platform for global business and finance news, data, analytical tools and research – to trade and invest using virtual money.
- ARU students take part in a number of competitions each year, including the Universities Business Challenge – we’ve reached the final several times and won it twice.
- The National Student Survey (NSS) 2011 showed that many students are delighted with their experience at Anglia Ruskin
- The Business Economics course achieved more than 90% satisfaction
- 90.4% of Anglia Ruskin students are in employment or further study six months after graduating, second only to Cambridge University (at 91.2%) in their region. (Source: Anglia Ruskin University’s Destination of Leavers Survey 2009–10)