Transfer to University of Queensland, Australia with Top Computing & Information Technology (IT) Diploma at HELP University, Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Ever since its founding in 1986 to provide affordable quality educational opportunities for Malaysians,
HELP University has developed into one of the best universities in Malaysia with a firmly established international reputation among universities, research organisations, scholars, business and corporate leaders and governments in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Accreditation & Recognition of the Information Technology (IT) Programmes at HELP University in Malaysia
EduSpiral Consultant Services highly recommends you to study at HELP University because they offer great facilities, supported by excellent lecturers, and their courses are accredited by MQA and recognized by the Ministry of Education.
Why Study IT at HELP University
1. Industry endorsed programs
An Industry Advisory Board (IAB) was established by the Department of Information Technology (ITD) to ensure that the IT programs offered are relevant and effective for its undergraduates; and to strengthen the department’s ties with the computing industry.
The IAB consists of senior industrialists and professionals with local and global representation eg HT Consulting, IBM, Microsoft, TMS, DiGi and Gamonster.
The IAB advises on course content in the context of industrial trends and employment prospects, and supports ITD’s activities in placing undergraduates in internship programs and graduates in employment upon graduation. The IAB also provides advice on research activity and opportunities.
4. Excellent teaching faculty at HELP University
Top Diploma in Information Technology course at HELP University
The IT Programmes offered at HELP University are:
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons), HELP University
- BSc (Hons) Electronic Games & Interactive Media, HELP University
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Mobile Computing
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) Business Information Management
- Credit Transfer to the University of Queensland
Program Details for the Diploma In Information Technology at HELP University
- 10 academic subjects to be completed in 3 and a half semesters in Level 1
- 10 academic subjects to be completed in 2 and a half semesters in Level 2
- 14 weeks per semester; 7 weeks per half semester
- 4.5 – 5 hours of teaching per subject per week
- Intakes: January, April, May, August
Entry Requirements for the Diploma in IT at HELP University
Any one of the following:
- 3 SPM credits (including a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah and a credit in Mathematics)
- 3 O-Level credits (including Mathematics)
- 3 Bs in Senior Middle 3 (UEC) (including Mathematics)
- Recognized Computing Certificate or equivalent
- Recognized related Technical/ Vocational Certificate or equivalent with ONE (1) year relevant work experience or ONE (1) semester Bridging Programme
- Equivalent qualification Note: Forecast results are accepted. A conditional offer will be granted if the forecast results meet the entry requirements
Subjects for the Diploma in IT at HELP University
LEVEL 1 (10 Compulsory Subjects)
- English for IT 1
- English for IT 2
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Basic Business Mathematics I
- Introduction to Visual Programming
- IT Mini Project
- Introduction to Structured Programming
- Introduction to Analysis & Design
- Computer Technology Essentials
- Introduction to Networking
LEVEL 2 (8 Compulsory Subjects)
- Computing Mathematics
- Business Communications
- Database Concepts & Practices
- Internet Technology
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Data Communications
- Introduction to Computer Architecture
- Industrial Internship
- Elective Subjects (choose 2)
- Organisations and Management
- Principles of Marketing
- UX Design Principles
- Fundamentals of Operating Systems
- Interactive Media Applications
Students are required to pass 4 MPU subjects to complete the University of Queensland Diploma program. · 2 Years at HELP University (Diploma in Information Technology) + 1½ Years at The University of Queensland (Bachelor of Information Technology)
HELP University IT Programmes Credit Transfer to The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology 2+1 Credit Transfer Program
- Bachelor of Information Technology Honours 2+2 Credit Transfer Program
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering) 2+2 Credit Transfer Program
University of Queensland World Rankings
- the Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities, which rated UQ at 85th in the world;
- the QS World University Rankings (world ranking 43);
- the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (63)
- the 2013 Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities (67).
The University of Queensland has held its position in the top 100 universities globally, according to the Academic Ranking of World Universities for 2014.
UQ is ranked at 85 in the world for the second consecutive year, the highest it has been in this prestigious research-based ranking, and third highest in Australia.
In the rankings, UQ improved to a top-100 position in the social sciences field and maintained its top 100 positions in the fields of clinical medicine and pharmacy, and engineering/technology and computer sciences (in the 76-100 band).
UQ has maintained top-50 positions in the QS World University Rankings by Subject for 2014, with six top-20 spots. The 2014 QS World University Rankings by Subject evaluated 3002 universities and ranked 689 of them.
UQ is ranked in the top 100 universities worldwide, measured through a number of major independent university rankings: the Academic Ranking of World Universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings and QS World University Rankings. UQ is placed among the top 10 institutions in the Asia-Pacific by the Academic Ranking of World Universities and is rated five
stars (the highest rating given) by the QS Five Star Plus Rating. More than 46,800 students including 11,389 international students from 142 nations choose to study at UQ.
Through HELP University’s strategic partnership with the top ranked University of Queensland, IT students can graduate from one of the best universities in Australia.
HELP University IT Programmes can transfer to top overseas universities
- The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology (2+1)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons) (3+1)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Software Engineering) (2+2)
- University of the West of England, Bristol
- BSc (Hons) Computing (2+1)
- BSc (Hons) Information Technology (2+1)
- Northumbria University
- MSc Computer Science
- MSc Business Information Systems Management
- MSc Computer Network Technology
- University of Portsmouth, UK
- BSc (Hons) Computing (2+1)
- BSc (Hons) Business Information Systems (2+1)
- BSc (Hons) Computer and Information Systems (2+1)
- BSc (Hons) Network Management and Administration (2+1)
- BSc (Hons) Network Applications and Services (2+1)
- MSc Computer Network Administration and Management
- MSc Information Systems