Study the Best Mass Communication Degree Programme at the New State-of-the-Art KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie Campus
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels can choose to enter either the Diploma in Mass Communication or Foundation in Arts & Technology at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie before continuing on into the Degree.
Students who have completed UEC, A-Levels, STPM, Foundation or Pre-University can enter into the degree in Mass Communication for 3 years. Diploma in Mass Communication students from other universities would need to submit the transcripts, course outline and academic qualifications for exemptions. Generally, they would enter into Year 2 of the degree for another 2 years.
Bachelor of Communication (Hons) Degree students at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie can major in 2 specialisations out 4 offered:
- Corporate Communication Specialisation
- Advertising Media Management Specialisation
- Journalism & Broadcasting Specialisation
- Visual Communication Specialisation
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Choose the Best University in Malaysia to Study Mass Communication
have an outgoing personality, possess strategic thinking, like to write, organise events, a creative mind, and lots of energy.
A good command of the English language is very important for a successful career in Mass Communication. People who work in Mass Communication will need to deal with the English media, write or edit press releases, write radio jingles, come up with advertising taglines, and more. Therefore, a strong command of the English language will ensure a successful career.
Students need to choose a university where the students speak mainly in English and experience in offering the programme. If you are weak in English, it will be very difficult for you to maintain the image of your company with bad English. With an English-speaking environment, Mass Comm students can improve their English speaking and writing skills which will help them greatly in their career.
You will not be able to write good press releases and copy for the brochures. Coming up with good taglines or campaign ideas for your product or company will be almost impossible. Having a good command of both English and Mandarin would be very advantageous. However, if you are only proficient in Mandarin, you will not be able to get jobs in top multinational or global companies.
Study Mass Communication in Malaysia
Mass Communication basically is the process of coming up with a message and sharing this message to
a large group of people at the same time through the right communication channel. Some of the channels used in Malaysia includes media such as newspapers, magazines, television, cinema, radio, billboards, or the Internet.
What you post onto the Facebook or Youtube is communicating to a large group of people. Mass Communication students in Malaysia will learn the history and cultural effects of newspapers, magazines, radio, television, film, and other media on society.
The 5 basic areas of study are:
- public relations
Mass Comm students will learn how to craft the message in the most creative manner to reach the target market. They would first perform market research to find out about their target market – how they behave, what they like, where they obtain their information, etc. Mass Comm students will then come up with the right message and use the right media channels to send that message.
Why Study Mass Communication at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- INDUSTRY-RELEVANT PROGRAMMES
KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie programmes are designed with the industry’s needs in mind, with an emphasis on holistic education and integrating classroom learning with real world projects in partnership with industry professionals.
- CUTTING EDGE FACILITIES
KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie students have the opportunity to experience state-of-the-art facilities such as editing suites for video and digital editing, professional photography studios, radio broadcast studio and sound recording studios capable of producing albums.
- A ROBUST COMMUNITY FOR TALENT DEVELOPMENT
KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie students are constantly encouraged to push the boundaries of creativity not only through project works and stage plays, but also through various competitions. We also regularly invite industry managers and renowned artistes from across the region to share their experiences.
Best University in Malaysia for the Bachelor of Communication (Hons) at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
KDU University College’s Communication degree course enables you to explore the media industry in greater depth in areas such as Media Marketing or Visual Communication. Enhance your presentation and critical thinking skills as you learn more about corporate ethics, communication law and principles of multimedia design.
Enjoy greater exposure to and recognition by the KDU – Institute of Public Relations Malaysia Student Association (IPRMSA) Chapter. You will have ample opportunities to put into practice the theories of communication by working in teams on different challenges.
Whether you choose to work eventually in journalism, advertising or corporate communication, you can tackle the various challenges in the industry confidently as the course is designed to hone a wide range of skills expected of a communications trendsetter of the future.
Year 1 Subjects Bachelor of Communication (Hons) at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Academic English 1
- Academic English 2
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Professional Development & Leadership Skills
- Public Speaking
- Principles of Journalism
- Communication Law
- Principles of Advertising
- Organisational Communication
- Introduction to Creative Media
Year 2 Subjects Bachelor of Communication (Hons) at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Introduction to Corporate Communication
- Communication Theories
- Intercultural Communication
- Media, Culture & Society
- Specialisations (7 subjects)
Year 3 Subjects Bachelor of Communication (Hons) at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Research Methodology
- Elective (1 subject)
Specialisation Subjects Bachelor of Communication (Hons) at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie (Choose 2)
Corporate Communication Specialisation
- Corporate Identity and Brand Packaging
- Event Management
- Public Relations Management
- Public Relations Campaign Skills: Theory & Strategy
- Public Relations Writing
- Media Relations
- Crisis Communication and Management
Advertising Media Management Specialisation
- Creative Industries
- Consumer Behaviour
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Interactive Media Promotions
- Media Buying and Planing
- Principles of Marketing
- Strategic Brand Management
Journalism & Broadcasting Specialisation
- Broadcast Media Production
- Citizen Journalism and Participatory Culture
- Creative Industries
- Digital Photography and Imaging
- Print and Broadcast Journalism
- Radio Production
- Writing for the Screen
Visual Communication Specialisation
- Broadcast Media Production
- Corporate Identity and Brand Packaging
- Design Fundamental
- Digital Photography and Imaging
- Principles of Marketing
- Publication Design
- Visual Concepts and Ideation
Internships for Mass Communication students at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie that are designed for you to gain important skills and possibly secure future jobs
Mass Communication Students of the undergraduate program are required to undergo internship for a period of time, usually a semester. Besides gaining real-life work experience, undergraduates have the opportunity to improve their communication skills, gain more confidence and enhance their employability
Students of Mass Comm have access to these facilities to enhance their learning experience:
Professional Recording Studio
Many Mass Communication students dream of being the next Hunny Madu or a TV anchor presenter; Creative Waves give them this opportunity while they are studying at KDU University College.
KDU’s Mass Comm students will produce internal broadcasts as part of their assignment, learning to do Public Service announcements and voice-overs for Film Studies.
This process builds their self-esteem, self-confidence and at the same time, they learn more about voice control, pitch and pace to enhance their speech over the microphone.
Shutters (Photo Studio)
Mass Communication students will learn about basic photography, studio lighting and Photoshop 101. Shutters is equipped with a set of 4 studio lights, complete with softbox, barn door, snoot, reflector and two sets of portable backdrops for indoor and outdoor photoshoots.
Used for classes, photography workshops for outsiders and also for student assignments or projects, students learn the basics of of studio lightings and its effects in enhancing photos and functions of the camera.
They take turns to be photographes and models as they apply their knowlege trying out the various angles of lightings and camera lenses.
Pixels (iMac laboratory)
Pixels is an editing lab featuring 18 iMACS and 2 MAC PROS.
Once a photography session has been wrapped up, students will move on to Pixels Mac Lab, to continue with fundamental
digital photography editing skills using Adobe Photoshop CS5.
Students will be taught on resizing and cropping images to get proper resolution for file sharing on the web or other media.
Having learnt a bit about videoing, photography, recording sound, design, writing and more, mass
communication graduates will have the necessary skills to come up with creative ad campaigns and taglines, work with advertising agencies to design powerful ads, write great press releases, work on a radio jingle with confidence, organise events successfully, give public presentations, etc. All these will ensure a successful career.
And that is why, choosing a university with the right environment and facilities is truly important for you to climb up the competitive corporate ladder faster.
Unique Features of the Mass Communication Degree Course at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
bring in industry experts to share their experiences to provide insights on how to carve out a solid career. These sessions are called “Hook Ups”.
One Hook-Up series featured the beautiful and modest Elaine Daly. Alongside with her was Miss Carey Ng, Miss Universe Malaysia 2013. Elaine had started her modelling career at the tender age of 14 and was crowned Miss Malaysia Universe 2003. She then took on television hosting and emceeing.
Recently, she took on a new height as a director of her first short movie. The talk inspires students who are interested in the entertainment industry.
One of Malaysia’s most influential women, Marina Mahathir, was also invited to the Mass Communication students. Marina spoke on the topic, “Are Malaysian Women Getting Justice?”. She fed students with important societal issues on gender equality and women’s rights.
The KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie School of Communication and Creative Arts invited 3 speakers, Marini Ramlan, Eddy Lim and Izal Azlee, to inspire students on creating new and creative
ideas, brainstorming as well as to execute campaigns within a minimal budget. They also shared their experiences, being with Primework Studios.
The roaring lion, Dato’Karam Singh Walia, shared with us his experiences as an investigative journalist, what does it takes to be one, on environmental investigation and how he survived being one. Dato’ Karam Singh was a top reporter on TV3 had to undergo many obstacles and months or even years of research on a story.
KDU University College New Campus at Utropolis, Glenmarie in Shah Alam
KDU, an institution that has over 32 years of history and experience, believes in providing real world
education to meet real world needs, and has traditionally, been successful in producing competent graduates and preparing students for top universities all over the world.
Established in 1983, and a pioneer in Malaysian private education, KDU was one of the first private colleges in Malaysia to have its own purpose-built campus. The institution, as KDU College then, was awarded the university college status in 2010 – a reflection of its quality programmes, and the growth of its international student population.
KDU University College and KDU College are members of Paramount Education, a fully-integrated
education services provider for primary, secondary, tertiary, and postgraduate level studies as well as executive and professional development programmes.
The new 10-acre purpose-built KDU University College campus at Utropolis, costing RM320 million, has been designed around the philosophy that learning is experiential and can happen anywhere.
There are open spaces, themed gardens and discussion cubes, along with 9 fully equipped lecture halls that can house up to 250 students each, 60 state of the art classrooms where 4,000 students can be attending lecture and classes at any one time, a 50,000 sq ft space housing KDU University College’s comprehensive library and a 500-bed student village.
Students interested to register online for KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie’s course can click on this link. Scholarships are available for deserving students.
Communication & Creative Arts Facilities at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
Industry standard facilities designed especially forKDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie Communication & Creative Arts students in order to give them a taste of the real-world, by working on live projects.
- Black Box – A special studio with mirrors for entertainment arts students to practice their performances and dances
- KDU FM – Radio Broadcast Studio – With top notch equipment capable of internal broadcast, students are able to host and air their own radio show.
- The Frame – TV Production Station – There is no better way for students to get a glimpse of working in the broadcasting world than experiencing the tools and tricks behind the scenes at our TV production station.
- Pixel – Mac Lab – Students are able to learn and hone their editing skills using industry relevant softwares provided.
- Creative Waves – Radio Production & Recording Studio – Classes conducted here give students a chance to experience the process that goes behind a radio production.
- Shutters – Photography Studio – The professional photography equipments available here allows students to practise in a professional studio.
General Facilities at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- Cafeteria – A melting pot of food and life, students from all walks of life and schools gather here
for their daily feast.
- Computer Lab – A number of computers all at the ready for our students’ access, connected to the free high speed WIFI service available on campus.
- Student Lounge – A student hotspot equipped with comfortable furniture for students to ease their minds.
- Library – The Utropolis Glenmarie library is spread out over 50,000 square feet, fitted with a coffee bar, Zen garden reading lounge, quiet study and learning pods.
- Learning Pod- Students can have the space they need in order to focus on studies at hand at the private Learning Pod.
- Atrium – Wide open space often bathed with natural sunlight.
KDU Student Accommodation, Utropolis, Glenmarie
On-campus accommodation on a 10-acre, 7-storey block that accommodates up to 580 students which is divided into male and female wings.
High Job Demand in Malaysia for Mass Communication Graduates with a Good Command of the English Language
Mass communication graduates in Malaysia can find jobs in the news media, advertising or public relations agencies, publishing houses, and research institutes. Mass Comm graduates can also pursue careers in broadcasting, film, media, advertising, public
relations, corporate communication, journalism, event management or photojournalism. There are thousands of jobs out there for mass comm graduates. Almost every medium and large company need at least one Public Relations staff.
You can work as a Public Relations executive in many types of industries such as banks, property, hotels, hospitals, private colleges & universities, financial institutions, restaurants, fast food chains, retail, fashion, and more.
- Writes and composes materials for advertisements, brochures, etc
- Suggests names for new products, writes slogans and designs packaging.
- Compares products or services to find selling points.
- Creates appealing and catchy advertisements.
- Writes advertisements for newspapers, magazines, television, billboards and shops.
- Produces brochures and reports.
- Utilises computers to produce professionally designed documents.
- Prepares proposals to win work contracts.
- Produces graphics for clients’ approval.
Advertising & Promotions Executive
- Plans and carries out advertising campaigns for a product or service effectively and efficiently.
- Understands the complexity of different advertising media, print and video production techniques, copywriting, event management and dealing with people at different levels.
- Oversees each project and provides support for both the accounts and creative teams.
- Ensures the smooth flow of projects and strict adherence to schedules.
Public Relations Manager
- Creates and maintains public awareness about the products or services.
- Develops and maintains relations with the mass media.
- Prepares speeches, press releases and brochures, advertisements etc.
- Co-ordinates special events, promotions, exhibitions etc.
A summary of the Mass Communication jobs that you can work as in Malaysia
- Multimedia Producer
- Broadcast Producer
- Film Producer/Director
- Creative Director
- Digital Designer
- Advertising Manager
- Media Manager
- Research Manager
- Brand Manager
- Account Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Internet Marketing Manager
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com