Asia Pacific University (APU) has just been announced by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards 2020 as the Best Cybersecurity Education Provider in Asia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Asia Pacific University (APU) has just been announced as the BEST Cybersecurity Education Provider in ASIA.
This spectacular achievement was announced by the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards 2020 committee on their website. All nominations submitted were subjected to a judging process based on the demonstration of leadership, excellence and results in cybersecurity and a voting process by the Information Security Community, which consists of 400,000+ members on LinkedIn.
What is making this achievement greater is the fact that APU is receiving this award for the 2nd time in a row! As a continuation of APU’s excellence since last year, we stood out among all nominations for our excellence in providing high-quality cybersecurity education, particularly through world-class facilities housed at the CyberSecurity Talent Zone and the outstanding competence demonstrated by our academic team.
The honour has also been recognized by Cybersecurity Insiders on their website.
You may also be interested in:
- Cyber Security Degree Course Details, Entry Requirements, Fees & Intakes at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
- Study the Best Cyber Security Degree Course in Malaysia
- Job Demand & Salary for Cyber Security Specialists in Malaysia
- Fastest Pathway into Malaysia’s Top Private Universities to Study Computer Science or Software Engineering with the Foundation in Information Technology (IT)
- Top 20 Courses to Study in Malaysia that has High Job Demand & Stable Salary
- Malaysia’s 28 Top Jobs in Demand in Future with High Salaries
- Top 10 Degree Courses in Malaysia with Highest Starting Salaries
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
What Makes Asia Pacific University (APU) the Best University to Study Cybersecurity in Malaysia
Choosing a university can determine the outcome for your future career. A top private university is able to enhance your learning experience and provide opportunities for participation, innovation and growth. Here are some reasons why studying cybersecurity at Asia Pacific University (APU) is a good choice.
The BSc. (Hons) Computer Science with Specialism in Cyber Security Degree course at Asia Pacific University (APU) is designed to meet the growing demand for Cyber Security Specialists in Malaysia as well as globally.
Asia Pacific University (APU), a top technology private university in Malaysia, has addressed these concerns while demonstrating the university’s strength in providing first-class education in the area of cyber security. As an all-rounded education provider, APU has world-class facilities, qualified academics, industry-relevant syllabus and strong partnerships.
Furthermore, Asia Pacific University (APU), students will be trained to become qualified cyber security professionals who are ready to face challenges in the digital world through a wholesome experience.
In addition, Asia Pacific University (APU) is an award-winning university for Computing in Malaysia having won hundreds of awards. In addition, they are also a Premier Digital Tech status university. Studying Cyber Security at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University is one of the best choices you can make as a student in Malaysia.
Technologically Advanced Cyber Security Labs at Asia Pacific University (APU)
State-of-the-art infrastructure at APU’s CyberSecurity Talent Zone allows students to have real-life exposure within the university’s environment.
With the support of industry partners and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), APU continuously responds to the talent demand as they aspire to train and nurture “superheroes” of the digital space who will combat digital crimes and safeguard digital assets when they graduate.
Industry advisory panel consisting of experts from the cyber security field – CompTIA, ISACA, CSM, MDEC, TecForte, Cyber Test Systems, Cyber Intelligence and SecureKi – are involved in designing the curriculum at APU, ensuring the syllabus taught is up-to-date and relevant for students to change and improve the landscape of secure computing.
The full-fledged Cyber Threats Simulation and Response Centre (also known as Cyber Range) and Security Operations Centre (SOC) stream live monitoring data extracted from a database of cyber-attacks worldwide, providing a platform for hands-on practice when it comes to ethical hacking and incident response.APU also houses state-of-the-art infrastructure to complement the delivery of the curriculum.
In 2018, APU launched the nation’s first CyberSecurity Talent Zone, which is now home to military-grade real-time cyber security monitoring systems, research centres and simulation infrastructure to nurture global cybersecurity, networking and IoT talents of the future.
Based on real-time data, APU students learn to monitor, troubleshoot, investigate and escalate security breach issues. These experiences nurture security professionals who are ever-ready to join the cyber security workforce with their practical and technical exposure.
Malaysia’s Award-Winning Cyber Security University – Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University (APU) has won more than 200 awards in the area of technology locally as well as globally.
To win an award is proof that a student has reached a level of capability as well as the quality of the lecturer that has taught and guided the student in the competition.
Moreover, it costs money to participate in competitions, meaning that APU has invested money for her students to gain invaluable experience through these important events. As a student of APU, you will have the opportunity to participate in competitions if you are good and should you win, it will add value to your resume. Future employers will look favorably to outstanding students with top academic knowledge and practical experience.
Additionally, APU’s cyber security students have been excelling in local and international cyber-related competitions.
Moreover, APU has produced digital security superstars, who constantly outperform their peers at national and international level competitions.
Some notable achievements specific to Cybersecurity include the
- CYBERSECURITY EXCELLENCE AWARDS
- 2020 – Gold Winner (Best CyberSecurity Education Provider in Asia)
- 2019 – Gold Winner (Best CyberSecurity Education Provider)
- REGIONAL CYBER CHALLENGE (RCC)
- 2019 – Champion
- 2019 – 1st Runner Up
- “PWN TILL DAWN” HACKATHON BY WIZLYNX GROUP
- 2019 – 4th Place
- 2019 – 5th Place
- 2019 – 6th Place
- Top University Award at the KPMG Cyber Challenge 2018
- KPMG CYBER SECURITY CHALLENGE
- 2019 – 1st Runner Up
- 2018 – Top University Award
- 2018 – Champion (“APT, Malware & Cyber powered by FireEye” track)
- 2018 – Champion (“Engineering & Cyber – powered by IET” track)
- 2018 – 2nd Runner Up (Cyber Security Challenge 2018 – National Finals)
- Champion of the Ernst & Young Asia-Pacific Global Hackathon 2019
- CYBER HEROES COMPETITION
- 2019 – Champion
- 2019 – Most Valuable Player (MVP)
- 2017 – 3rd Place
- 2017 – 4th Place
- Three times champion at the F-Secure Intervarsity Cyber Security Challenge since 2016
- HACKING, DEFENCE AND FORENSICS COMPETITION 2018 Champions
- APPRENTICE INNOVATION & RESEARCH EXHIBITION (AIREX) 2018 Champions
- HACK@10 CYBERSECURITY COMPETITION
- 2018 – Champion
- 2018 – 2nd Runner Up
- 2018 – 10th Place
- 3rd Place in the 2018 “HACK FOR GOOD” CHALLENGE
- 1st Place in the 2016 JOM HACK: SMART CITIES WITH LORA
- GAMIFICATION HACKATHON
- 2016 – Champion
- 2016 – Gold Medal
- Grand Prize Winner in the 2016 ANGELHACK GLOBAL HACKATHON (MALAYSIA)
- 2016 – Champion (Forensic Challenge)
- 2016 – Champion (Hack & Defence)
- UTP-HAX NATIONAL HACKING COMPETITION
- 2015 – 1st Runner-up
- 2014 – 1st Runner-up
- 2014 – 4th Place
- 2014 – 1st Runner-up
- MALAYSIA CYBERSECURITY AWARDS (CYBERSECURITY MALAYSIA)
- 2013 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
- 2012 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
- 2009 – Award for ‘Information Security Training Provider of the Year’
- HSBC YOUNG IT ENTREPRENEUR AWARDS 2004 – Judges Award for ‘Security Transmitter & Detector’ device