Ten of the Best Reasons for Students to Choose Taylor’s University to Study Interior Design Architecture in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
There are many private colleges and universities in Malaysia offering the interior architecture course, so how do you choose which is the best one to study at? In order to choose the best university for your tertiary education, you need to look at the university’s experience in the course, qualified lecturers, adequate facilities, awards won in interior architecture, accreditation by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM), accreditation by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and ranking. From these list of factors, Taylor’s University meet all the requirements. To help you figure out why Taylor’s University is the best choice for your interior design education, I have listed down 10 top reasons.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top 10 Reasons Why Taylor’s is the Best Private University in Malaysia to Study Interior Design Architecture
For many private universities in Malaysia, a degree is a simple gateway to equip you with the essentials for a professional career. Here at Taylor’s University, a degree does so much more than that. It gives you a platform to sharpen your potential in becoming the high achiever you’re meant to be.
Taylor’s University 3½-year Interior Architecture degree programme is a pre-professional programme that provides a recognised qualification in Interior Architecture, which is necessary in the journey to become a Registered Interior Designer. Professionally accredited by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM), the programme is developed in-line with the guidelines of LAM or Board of Architects Malaysia and appraised under the same rigour as the Architecture programme.
1. Taylor’s is a Top Ranked Private University in Malaysia
Taylor’s University is ranked Top 3 in Malaysia according to QS World University Ranking for Art & Design. Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study interior architecture.
2. Taylor’s is an Award-Winning University for Interior Design
Here are some successful Taylorians from the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Interior Architecture (BIA) at Taylor’s Design School (TDS) and the numerous awards that they’ve won.
- Gold Medal, MIID REKA Awards 2019, Students Category, Oct 2019
- Honorary Mention, Asia Young Designer Awards, 2019, Malaysia, Interior Design Category, Nov 2019
- Silver, MIID Student Saturday, 2018, Degree Category, Oct 2019
- Gold Award, MIID REKA Awards, Student Category, Oct 2019
- First Prize Winner, MIFF Furniture Design Competition 2019, Mar 2019
- Platinum Award, Asia Young Designer Award 2018, Regional Interior Design Category, Mar 2018
- Best Design Impact Award, Asia Young Designer Award 2018, Regional Interior Design Category, Mar 2019
- Gold Medal, Asia Young Designer Award 2018, Malaysia, Interior Design Category, Nov 2018
- Gold Medal, Asia Young Designer Award 2017, Malaysia Interior Design Category, Nov 2017
- Silver, MIID Student Saturday 2017, Degree Institutional
- Platinum Award, Asia Young Designer, Regional Award 2016, Interior Design Category, Mar 2017
- Top 3 Finalist, KVMRT Art Express, Bench Competition 2015, Dec 2015
- Gold Medal, Asia Young Designer, Award 2016, Malaysia, Interior Design Category, Nov 2016
3. Taylor’s Interior Architecture Degree is Accredited by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM)
Taylor’s 3½-year Interior Architecture degree programme is a pre-professional programme that provides a recognised qualification in Interior Architecture, which is necessary in the journey to become a Registered Interior Designer. Professionally accrediated by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM), the programme is developed in-line with the guidelines of LAM or Board of Architects Malaysia and appraised under the same rigour as the Architecture programme.
4. Industry Exposure
Taylor’s students will experience a thorough education to Interior Architecture and gain valuable industry exposure through lecture series, external design reviews, field trips, site visits and the option to participate in international study trips.
5. Six-month internship locally or abroad
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture programme at Taylor’s University also includes a 6-month internship locally or abroad, to develop better understanding of the industry through real-life experience and first-hand practice in the field. Taylor’s Design students have undergone industrial attachments with top local and multinational organisations in the creative industry.
6. Overseas Transfer Options
Our high curriculum standard is internationally recognised. We offer the option of completing your design programme with one of our established partner universities in Australia which is Swinburne University of Technology.
7. Taylor’s Design School Lecture Series
Organised throughout the academic year, the Lecture Series provides students with valuable exposure to the industry, insights into current developments and issues that may impact their future practices. These interactive sessions are conducted by leading industry professionals
8. Local & International Design Showcase
9. Industry Collaborations
Students engage in strategic collaborations with industry leaders to effectively understand, analyse, communicate and present creative and complex design solutions that address and solve real-world challenges faced by organisations.
10. The Best Design Facilities at Taylor’s University
- Facilitating Design Thinking
- The deliberately-crafted workspaces are conducive and serve as viable platforms for intellectual discourse and knowledge exchange with peers and faculty members.
- Carpentry Workshop
- The Carpentry Workshop allows students to visualise and translate their ideas from a concept into a solid, presentable form.
- Photography Studio
- The studio is equipped with a range of lamps, diffusors, reflectors and a variety of backdrop materials.
- Design Mac lab
- The Design Mac Lab is equipped with the latest industry standard design software and hardware.
- Drawing Rooms
- The Drawing Rooms are equipped with easels stands and drawing tables and are dedicated spaces for students to learn the use of a variety of media and materials.
- Printmaking Room
- The Printmaking Room provides hands-on exposure to the printmaking processes using a variety of printing techniques and book binding.
- Multimedia Lab
- The Multimedia Lab is equipped with powerful machines that allow students to work on 3-dimensional (3D) and animation projects, pushing the boundaries of digital expression.
- Centre of Design and Architecture (CODA)
- A dedicated space where students are able to conduct art exhibitions and display their work in a public setting while observing the responses of viewers. International artists are also invited to display their artwork in the gallery from time to time.
How You Can Study Interior Architecture at the Best University in Malaysia
Students with 3 credits may go for the Diploma in Interior Design for 2 years and then enter Year 2 of the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture. In addition students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Design for 1 year before continuing on to the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture. Students who are unsure of design as a career path may go for the Foundation in Arts at Taylor’s University and then enter the Interior Architecture degree.
For more information and advise on the award-winning interior design courses at Taylor’s University, please WhatsApp 01111408838