UK Dual Degree in BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU) offers the UK Dual Award BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business. Upon completion of the degree, students will receive a degree from APU and another from De Montfort University, UK. After SPM or IGCSE O-Levels, students may enter the Foundation in Business & Finance or Diploma in Business Administration or Diploma in Business Information Technology (IT) before continuing on to the degree.
Asia Pacific University (APU) provides an excellent environment for your International Business Management studies as they have students from more than 130 countries and have been Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for MULTICULTURAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE* (*Student Barometer Wave 2019 (International Students), ‘Studying with people from other cultures’). In addition, APU is an “Premier Digital Tech University” awarded by MDEC. Borne out of a collaboration between MDEC, the Ministry of Education Malaysia and industry leaders, the PDTIs deliver end-to-end solutions to ensure that future graduates are propelled into becoming dynamic members of an innovation-driven and knowledge-powered Malaysia.
In this article, you will find out more about the BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business degree at APU, the course information, intake dates, entry requirements and facilities.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Course Information for the BA (Hons) in International Business Management at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
The BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business degree programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- An understanding of the context, nature, role and significance of e-business activities as undertaken by managers in a range of organisations.
- A comprehensive understanding and application of creating, funding and managing Internet businesses in a dynamic business world.
- Exposure to theoretical and practical issues of conducting business over the internet and the Web.
- A wide-range of employment skills such as critical thinking, problem solving and interpretive skills, effective written and oral communication, using IT in business applications, and the ability to conduct research into e-business issues.
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme – Double Your Advantage
- APU’s partnership with De Montfort University (DMU), UK enables students to be awarded Dual Awards – separate degree certificates from each institution – and enhances not just teaching and learning experiences, but also career prospects.
- Upon graduation, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts: 1 from APU, Malaysia and 1 from DMU, UK.
Both degrees are recognised locally & internationally.
- The APU-DMU Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Pass in English and Mathematics at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or its equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC with a Pass in Mathematics and English.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0).|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|DIPLOMA||• Successful completion of the APU/APIIT Diploma or
• Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Level 1 of an Honours Degree (Subject to the approval of the APU/APIIT Academic Board)
* The requirement to pass Mathematics and English subjects at STPM, A-Level and UEC can be waived should the qualifications contain Mathematics and English subjects with equivalent/higher achievement.
Course Structure for the BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business Degree at Asia Pacific University (APU)
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will gain basic understanding of the context within which business operate – Management, Law, Accounting, Economics, Entrepreneurship and Marketing.
We will also expose them towards business & communication skills, computing & IT skills and quantitative skills, independent learning. All Business Management programmes have a common first year so that they will get a solid grounding in business management theories and practices.
- Introduction to Management
- Accounting Skills
- Business and Communications Skills
- Business Economics
- Business Law
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- People Management
- Quantitative Skills
DEGREE LEVEL 2
Students will be exposed to more advanced level of curriculum including behavioural science, business ethics & governance, critical thinking in management, and creativity and innovation.
Besides, they will also specialise in the areas of e-business management, e-commerce and e-marketing. In-depth understanding in functional management in various areas will be developed as well. They will gain further understanding of core business processes through the industry-leading software supported by SAP. We will further nurture their independent learning to prepare them for the workplace and for further researches.
- Behavioural Science in the Organisation
- Business Ethics and Governance
- Business Research Methods
- Delivering Customer Value
Integrated Business Process with SAP ERP System
- E-Business Management
- Digital Marketing
- Operations Management
- Creativity and Innovation
Elective Modules (Choose 2)
- Managing Finance OR Financial Management
- Critical Thinking in Management OR Multimedia Application
INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend your familiarity in tackling more practical and modern issues of e-Business ecosystem, such as search engine optimisation and techniques, understanding of e-business system operations and more.
Leadership and strategic management skills will be taught, with aims to groom them as a business leader. A final year project requires them to explore a topic individually – they will demonstrate their academic and practical aspects of their ability in the chosen area of study.
- Strategic Management
- E-Business Strategy
- E-Business Project
- E-Business Procurement
- Contemporary Management
- Global Marketing
- Investigation in E-Business
- Managing Change
- Internet Payment Systems
Elective Modules (Choose 2)
- Corporate Finance OR Building Customer Relationships
- Integrated Marketing Communications OR Retail Marketing Management
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- New Business Development Manager
- Marketing Manager
- E-Business Consultant
- Online Marketing Specialist
- Digital Advertising Specialist
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Sales and Marketing Manager
- E-Commerce Specialist
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Web Analytics Manager
- Social Media Evangelist