Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Intelligent Robotics at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students in Malaysia wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally can go for the Robotics degree programme under the Faculty of Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya campus. MMU is a top ranked university for both Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, both of which are key components of robotics.
Established in 1996, Multimedia University (MMU) is the first private university in Malaysia and is ranked top in the world having won many awards and accolades. In the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed Multimedia University (MMU) as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”. Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings by subject Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
In addition, Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked in the Top 300 QS World University Rankings in Computer Science and Information Systems, 2017. Furthermore, MMU remains strong when the varsity is being counted as one of the Top 7 among Private Universities in Malaysia in the QS World University Ranking (WUR) 2021. Furthermore, the WUR has placed MMU in the Top 2 in Computer Science, and in the Top 3 in Electrical & Electronics amongst Malaysian private varsities.
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
What will You Study in the Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Intelligent Robotics at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya?
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) Intelligent Robotics is offered at Multimedia University (MMU) is a 3-year programme that strikes on exquisite balance between the fundamentals of engineering and hands-on, practical skills.
This unique multi-disciplinary program at the Cyberjaya campus combines:
- artificial intelligence
- computer programming
It adopts a modern learning approach with early exposure to real world applications. Graduates will be agile knowledge workers in the IR4.0 age and beyond, highly sought after by the industry.
The Bachelor of Science (Honours) Intelligent Robotics is offered under the Faculty of Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya Campus.
Education Pathway into the Intelligent Robotics Degree Programme after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels
Students possessing at least 5 credits in SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels including Maths may enter the Foundation in IT for 1 year before continuing on to Year 1 of the degree course.
Alternatively, students with at least 3Cs in SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels may take the 2.5 year Diploma in Information Technology (IT). Upon completion, they can then enter into Year 2 of the Intelligent Robotics Degree and complete in another 2 years.
SPM or IGCSE/O-Level students who have taken other Pre-University Programmes such as STPM, A-Levels, SACEi, AUSMAT, CIMP, etc may enter directly into the Degree. UEC students with at least 5BS including Maths may also enter directly into Year 1 of the Degree programme.
What are the Entry Requirements for the Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Intelligent Robotics at Multimedia University (MMU)?
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation studies in related field from a recognised institution with a minimum CGPA of 2.50; OR
- Pass STPM or its equivalent with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in any 3 subjects inclusive of Mathematics and Physics; OR
- Pass A-Level with a minimum of Grade D in any three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and Physics; OR
- Pass UEC with a minimum of Grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and Physics; OR
- Recognised Diploma in the related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent;* OR
- Pass DKM /DLKM/DVM with a minimum CGPA of 2.50. Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 MUST have at least two (2) years of work experience in the related field.**
*Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.0 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
**DKM /DLKM/DVM candidates may be required to undergo Bridging Programme as an additional requirement./li>
What are the Subjects for the Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Intelligent Robotics at Multimedia University (MMU)?
- Engineering Calculus
- Computer and programming
- Micro-controllers & micro-processors
- Electrical circuits
- Basic electronics
- Differential equations
- Digital design
- Linear algebra and numerical methods
- Rapid modelling
- Analog electronics
- Linear systems & signals
- Electromagnetics with applications
- Electrical machines and power systems
- Robotics – Machine design and mechanisms
- Introduction to artificial intelligence
- Actuators and sensors
- Electronics instrumentation
- Robotics – Modelling and control
- Feedback control
- Advanced programming
- Mobile robots and drones
Machine learning concepts and technologies
Machine vision & image processing
- IOT systems & applications
- Electronic prototyping and PCB (printed circuit board) layout
- Making embedded systems
- Industrial automation and digital control
- Signal and power integrity
- Software engineering fundamentals
- Introduction to data science
- Neural networks and deep learning
- Robot programming
Robotics System Designer/Programmers, AI and Machine Learning Developer, Embedded System Designer, Control and Automation Specialist, Field Application Technologist, Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Designer, Production and Planning Engineer, Industry 4.0 Technologist
Faculty of Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya Campus
In 2009, MMU was ranked at 171 by THES-QS in the Asian University Rankings, the first private university in Malaysia to achieve such a feat.
The 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed MMU as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”.
Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings by subject Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
In 2017 – Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering earns four (4) accolades from the global professional association, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).These are among the hundreds of awards & achievements of the engineering students and staff at Multimedia University (MMU) showing that MMU is the best private university in Malaysia for engineering. For a list of engineering awards and achievements, please click here.
The Faculty of Engineering teaching staff at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya have at least a Master for lecturers, at least 2nd Class Upper Bachelor degree for tutors in MMU. About 80% Multimedia University (MMU) engineering tutors has 1st class and 35% lecturers with PhD.
The engineering programmes in MMU are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) as well as recognised by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). Hence, MMU’s engineering graduates can readily seek employment or be admitted into top international universities for postgraduate studies. More than 40% of MMU’s engineering graduates secure jobs before completion of studies while more than 96% of them secure jobs within 6 months after graduation.
Multimedia University (MMU) has some of the best teaching labs among private universities in Malaysia. Students have the opportunity to experience for themselves the various principles of engineering in action through the numerous hands-on experiments. There are also various activities conducted in collaboration with the industry that expose students to real world challenges that require innovative engineering solutions. MMU’s strong partnerships with global industry players that include Fortune 500 companies have led to the establishment of state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities such as Intel Advanced Architecture Lab, Panasonic Computing Lab, Huawei Digital Lifestyle and Innovation Centre and Motorola Wireless Broadband Technology Lab.
Multimedia University (MMU) has a vibrant Student engineering society and professional engineering student chapters such as The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM) as well as ‘Multimedia University Engineering Society Overseas Research Programme'(MESCORP) for students to grow in leadership and soft-skills, as MMU recognises the growing importance of these human aspects of what engineers do.
In line with the Multimedia University (MMU)’s vision to be a leading engineering faculty in Malaysia for creation, preservation and dissemination of knowledge, MMU lecturers/professors/researchers at Faculty of Engineering has never failed to actively engage themselves in the forefront R&D activities for the creation of new knowledge and technology where scientific findings are presented and published in various reputable international conferences, and prestigious journals of international standing.
MMU also enjoys great support and close research collaborations with some top names in the industries in Malaysia such as Intel, NTT, Nokia, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Matsushita, Ericsson, Agilent , coupled with the constant arrangement of invited lecture series that brings renowned engineers and scholars to MMU from across the world, has helped MMU to ensure the multi-skilled engineering graduates they produce stay relevant to the fast changing industry trends and needs.
Why Study Intelligent Robotics at Multimedia University (MMU)?
- Curriculum have been endorsed by panel of international experts from top universities such as Pennsylvania State University, University of Texas at Arlington, National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, etc.
- More than 40% of academic staff graduated from top international universities such as University of Edinburgh, University of Sheffield, University of Surrey, etc.
- In addition to academic qualifications, academic staff also have industry experiences, with more than 35% of them possessing professional certifications such as Professional Engineer, or Chartered Engineer
- Consistent graduate employability rate of 97-98% every year
- Graduate Employment Survey conducted by MAEI (Malaysian American Electronics Industry) companies including Intel, Motorola, and AMD indicate that these companies prefer our MMU engineering graduates
- More than 10 industry-sponsored labs – one of the highest among private engineering faculties in Malaysia
- Industry partners co-develop curriculum
- More than 200 R&D collaborations with universities, industries, government bodies etc.
- One of the very few Malaysian private universities that actively collaborates with industries in the Living Lab (previously known as Digital Home & Lifestyle Lab)
- First university to offer programmes in fast growing industries such as Nanotechnology and Photonics
- Early adopter of latest technology in the industry
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering (Cyberjaya)
Established in 1997 alongside the founding of MMU, an estimated 5000 students have passed through the faculty’s doors and successfully graduated as engineering professionals, the Faculty of Engineering (FOE) at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya will continue to spearhead innovation and creativity in the field of engineering well into the future through quality engineering programmes.
Sprawled over 808,440 square metres and housing 28 academic and support buildings, the Cyberjaya campus is home to the Faculty of Engineering. It is MMU’s second campus and hosts about 6,600 students inclusive of 1,085 international students.
What other Courses are Offered at the Faculty of Engineering?
- Foundation in Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electrical
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Computer
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Nanotechnology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Optical Engineering
Multimedia University (MMU) Engineering Facilities & Labs at the Faculty of Engineering Cyberjaya Campus
FOE has more than 20 modern well-equipped teaching laboratories. The labs are used for engineering experiments and student projects. Research labs are also opened to students participating in various research projects undertaken by the faculty. Some of the FOE teaching labs are:
- Wave Radiation Lab – research related to wave radiation and electromagnetic waves.
- Nanotechnology Lab – teaching and R&D related to nanotechnology and nano-electronics.
- Optical Labs 1 & 2 – undergraduate lab experiments in the field of optical engineering.
- Project Labs 1, 2 & 3 – experiments related to final year projects.
- Intel Multi-Core Processing Lab – research and teaching related to microprocessor multicoretechnology and parallel processing training/curriculum.
- Microprocessor Lab – experiments related to advanced microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Multimedia Computing Lab – general computing needs and lab experiments that require the use of MATLAB, ERACS and various other multimedia software.
- Panasonic Lab – experiments related to VLSI design, computer networking and architecture simulation.
- Control and Automation Lab – experiments related to industrial electronics, robotics and instrumentation systems. Also supports experiments related to microelectronics, digital logic design and field theory.
- Machine and Drive Lab – experiments in energy conversion, machines, drives and other power related subjects.
- Energy System Lab – experiments related to power and energy systems.
- Embedded System & DSP Lab – teaching and R&D related to embedded systems and digital signal processing.
- Electronics Labs 1 & 2 – experiments related to analog and digital electronic systems.
- Intel Advanced Architecture Lab – general computing needs and experiments related to computer architecture.
- Multimedia Design Lab – general computing needs and work related to development of multimedia software.
- PCB Workshop – to fabricate printed circuit boards (PCB) for their projects.
- Telecommunications Lab – experiments in the field of telecommunication that includes fixed line communication, mobile communication and satellite communication.
- Applied Electromagnetic Lab – experiments and research related to antenna, propagation, radar and microwave devices.
- Intel Microelectronics Lab – IC design and RF courses, as well as for research in the area of integrated circuit design, RF, and network processor.
- Alcatel Lab, Nokia Lab, and NTT Research Lab – R&D work.
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering Cyberjaya is an Award-Winning University in Malaysia
Multimedia University (MMU) was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), in recognition of its achievements and dedication in offering top-notch digital technology courses, and in doing so ensuring the continued supply of highly-skilled graduates needed by the digital economy locally and globally.
MMU remains strong when the varsity is being counted as one of the Top 7 among Private Universities in Malaysia in the QS World University Ranking (WUR) 2021. Furthermore, the WUR has placed MMU in the Top 2 in Computer Science, and in the Top 3 in Electrical & Electronics amongst Malaysian private varsities.
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. The 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed MMU as one of the highest ranked private universities in Malaysia for Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Computer Science & Information Systems.
In 2009, MMU was ranked at 171 by THES-QS in the Asian University Rankings, the first private university in Malaysia to achieve such a feat. From 2015-2017 MMU has been ranked top 151-200 worldwide by QS World University Rankings by subject Electrical and Electronics Engineering. MMU is ranked 151-200 by QS World University Ranking 2014 & 2017 in the category of Computer Science and Information systems. In 2012, for Communication and Media Studies. Also, two of MMU’s engineering professors have been named Top Research Scientists Malaysia by the Academy of Sciences Malaysia.
MMU was rated tier 5 (Excellent) in the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education SETARA Rating in 2010, 2011 & 2013. This is the highest rating achieved by all institutions. About 290 of Multimedia University lecturers possess a Phd qualification. Every year, more than 97 per cent of Multimedia University (MMU) graduates are able to secure employment within six months of graduating.