Course Details, Tuition Fee, Intake Dates and Entry Requirements for the Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics programme at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to pursue a career in Data Science may enter the 2 year Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics course at Asia Pacific University (APU) at its new modern campus at Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur. Upon completion of the diploma, students will continue on to Year 2 of the BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with a specialism in Data Analytics degree. Data Science is now a highly sought after job in Malaysia that pays very well. Asia Pacific University is famous for its computing courses having offered them for decades and also won hundreds of awards in information technology (IT) competitions.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Find Out More about the Data Science Diploma Course at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
The Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Provide students with skills in software systems development, with emphasis on aspects of data informatics.
- Prepare students for careers in the ICT environments with emphasis on solutions design, software development, technology infrastructure support, data informatics application.
- Enable appreciation of the proven principles and techniques to the developmentn and support of software systems in commercial organisations.
- Provide students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate response to continuous future changes in industry practices.
- Develop students’ intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability.
Malaysian Students – RM 43,900
* Fees stated above do not include Deposits and other Miscellaneous Fees. Please refer to Fee Guide for details. Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the latest Fee Guide.
Admission Entry Requirements for the Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics programme at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at SPM including credit in Mathematics and a minimum of pass in
- Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at O-Levels/GCSE including credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Course Structure & Modules for the Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics programme at Asia Pacific University (APU)
At the beginning of the programme, students will acquire basic language and communication skills along with core information technology skills. Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The second semester builds on and extends the foundation knowledge developed in the first semester. Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism. The ability to analyse and solve problems using quantitative skills, and familiarity with technology are enhanced.
- Academic Research Skills
- Computer Technology
- Discrete Mathematics
- Professional Communication
This semester moves students to a new level in information and communication technology related areas such as computer programming, databases, internet applications and computer system architecture. With this knowledge, students are able to use computing tools and techniques to solve common real-world problems.
- Database Systems
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Visual Basic.NET
Students are exposed to more advanced development concepts, including the system development cycle. Specialisation starts here, with an introduction to data analytics that covers topics such as big data, data warehouse and data mining. Data informatics also requires a deep appreciation of algorithmic thinking, based on calculus and algebra.
Besides, usability principles in the web design and development process, and software engineering processes are introduced and developed to support the software development project in the final semester.
- Networks & Networking
- System Analysis & Design
- Introduction to Data Analytics
- Numerical Methods
- Introduction to Software Engineering
In their final semester, students acquire basic knowledge of computer networks to deepen their knowledge of computing technology. Students also design and implement algorithm using their second programming language. Two more specialised modules Behavioural Science and Marketing Analytics, and Introduction to Artificial Intelligence will bring an insight into the techniques used in the design of software and the building of data informatics based systems.
The semester completes with Software Development Project which integrates skills, knowledge and understanding from the full programme where students are expecting to include a range of data informatics techniques for problem solving.
- Specialised Modules
- Java Programming
- Behavioural Science and Marketing Analytics
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Software Development Project
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 6 to 8 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) programme with CGPA of 2.5 and above; students will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes offered at APU & APIIT.
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in:
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with a specialism in Data Analytics
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Intelligent Systems)