Find Out the Course Details for Asia Pacific University (APU) Diploma in Business Information Technology (IT)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels who want to have a successful career in a future technologically advanced business environment should go for the Diploma in Business Information Technology (IT) at Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion of the 2-year diploma students can continue on to Year 2 to the various business UK Dual Award degree programmes for another 2 years. In addition, students can also transfer to Asia Pacific University’s partner universities in Australia, New Zealand or UK for their degree studies.
Graduating students at Asia Pacific University (APU) will receive the degree from APU as well as De Montfort University, UK. Furthermore, Asia Pacific University (APU) has a globalised student environment where Malaysian students can gain invaluable cultural insights as well as improve their spoken English. Studying the Diploma in Business Information Technology (IT) at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University is one of the best choices you can make as a student in Malaysia.
For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Diploma in Business Information Technology (IT) in Malaysia at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Diploma in Business Information Technology (IT) programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Students for careers in hybrid environments where business information systems are increasingly integrated, encompassing a wide range of enabling technologies and cross organisational, social, national and international boundaries.
- Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of both business and information technology disciplines in a commercial and organisational context.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability.
3 Credits in at least 3 subjects at SPM level, with a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History);
3 Credits (Grade C & above) in at least 3 subjects at IGCSE/O-Levels;
3 Credits (Grade B & above) in at least 3 subjects in UEC;
- Pass relevant Certificate Programme or its equivalent;
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
*Pass in Mathematics is required at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or equivalent.
Note: Please take note that a Credit Pass in Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level is required for progression to BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in Business Information Systems.
Malaysian Students who do not possess a Pass in English at SPM/IGCSE/UEC; will be required to sit for the APU English Placement Test, and based on the outcome of the test may be required to attend the APU Intensive English Programme (IEP) prior to commencement of the Foundation/Diploma/Certificate programme.
APU Diploma Intake Dates – April, May, July, September and November
*Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the exact dates
What you will study in the Diploma in Business Information Technology (IT) Course at Asia Pacific University (APU)
At the beginning of the programme students will acquire basic mathematical, language and communication skills along with core information technology skills. Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamental of Entrepreneurship
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The second semester builds on and extends the foundation knowledge developed in the first semester. Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism. The ability to analyze and solve problems using quantitative skills, and familiarity with technology are enhanced.
- Professional Communication
- Academic Research Skills
- Information Systems
- Quantitative Methods
In this semester students build on their understanding of general business concepts and procedures to more specific areas, namely marketing and economics. Related technology skills in database systems and computer programming enhance their knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and making decision with computing tools and techniques.
- Database Systems
- Programming with Python
- Business Economics
The modules in this semester continue to build on the understanding of general business concepts and procedures to the more specific areas of statistical analysis, accounting, and the legal environment. On the technology side, students are exposed to internet applications design and development, and the system development cycle.
- Legal Framework of Business
- Internet Applications
- Business Statistics
- Introduction to Accounting
- System Analysis & Design
The final semester brings students into more advanced areas of business management, including issues related to organizational capabilities and resources, service quality and sustainability, and management of IT resources. Graduates will be able to demonstrate a range of cognitive and intellectual skills as they apply techniques specific to business, management and information technology to create solutions in real-world situations.
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Services
- Managing Information Systems
- IT Operations Management
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 8 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
* In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Further Studies after the Diploma in Business Information Technology (IT) at Asia Pacific University
Upon successful completion of the Diploma Programmes with a minimum CGPA of 2.5, you will be eligible to progress into Year 2 of any of the following degree programmes offered at APU.
Students who undertake this programme will be eligible to progress into Year 2 of:
- BA (Hons) in Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with Specialism in Digital Leadership
- BA (Hons) in Business Management with a specialism in E-Business
- BA (Hons) Human Resource Management (HRM)
- BA (Hons) in International Business Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management
- BA (Hons) in Marketing Management with a specialism in Digital Marketing
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Business Information Systems*
** Please take note that a Credit Pass in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level/ IGCSE is required for the above programmes.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU/APIIT and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.