Malaysia’s Best Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computer Science at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Graduating computer science students will obtain a degree from Asia Pacific University (APU) as well as De Montfort University, UK. De Montfort University is ranked top 50 in the UK for computer science in the Complete University Guide 2021. APU is renown in Malaysia for its computer science programmes having won hundreds of awards in computing. Students have access to technologically advanced computing infrastructure and facilities to enhance their learning experience.
Students need to have credits in Maths in SPM or O-Levels to go for the computer science degree programme at Asia Pacific University (APU). Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits may go for the 1-year Foundation in IT at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University. Alternatively, students with at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths can go for the 2-year Diploma in Information & Communication Technology and then enter into Year 2 of the Computer Science degree at Asia Pacific University (APU).
Students after the external Pre-University Programme such as A-Levels, UEC, STPM, SAM, CPU, MUFY or AUSMAT may enter directly into the Computer Science Degree programme with relevant results. Foundation in Science programmes from premier private universities in Malaysia are also accepted for entry at APU.
Students at APU can either study the general computer science degree or choose any of the specialisations below:
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in Data Analytics
- Bsc (Hons) In Computer Science with a specialism in Digital Forensics
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Intelligent Systems)
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top BSc (Hons) in Computer Science at Award-Winning Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers. The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes.
Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready. Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies.
In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by their mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
Students who are under Bachelor’s Degree Programme will have the option to opt-in for the APU-DMU Dual Degree Scheme. Under this Scheme, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts upon graduation: 1 from Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia and 1 from De Montfort University (DMU), UK.
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
BSc (Hons) in Computer Science at Asia Pacific University
The computer science degree programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Technical knowledge, skills and background in the design and organization of computer systems.
- The ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems.
- The ability to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new technologies.
Year 1 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Computer Science at Asia Pacific University
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of programming, mathematical and algorithmic skills.
Some specialised modules will provide them basic knowledge of underlying computer systems such as computer architecture, operating systems, networking and databases.
The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Digital Thinking and Innovation
- Intercultural Awareness and Cultural Diversity
- System Analysis & Design
- Programming with Python
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction to C Programming
Year 2 BSc (Hons) in Computer Science at Asia Pacific University
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain better understanding of designing and implementing new software, and solving new computing problems through theoretical and algorithmnic foundations.
They will gain solid understanding of platform technology through modules in application development.
We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- Computer Theory
- Data Structures
- Concurrent Programming
- System & Network Administration
- Computer Systems and Low Level Techniques
Elective Modules (Choose 2)
Semester 1 – Choose 1
- Mobile & Wireless Technology OR System Programming & Computer Control
Semester 2 – Choose 1
- Imaging & Special Effects OR Network Security
INTERNSHIP (16 weeks)
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Computer Science.
Year 3 BSc (Hons) in Computer Science at Asia Pacific University
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of computer science and to refine their personal and professional development.
Students will move further into the development of advanced programming techniques and algorithms, interface design, networking, and/or multimedia.
A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Real-Time Systems
- Emergent Technology
- HCI & Usability
- Investigations in Computer Science
- Computer Science Project
Elective Modules (Choose 3)
Semester 1 – Choose 2
- Advanced Wireless Technology
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Image Processing, Computer Vision & Pattern Recognition
- Blockchain Development
Semester 2 – Choose 1
- Designing & Developing Applications on Cloud
- Wireless & Mobile Security
- Optimisation and Deep Learning
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Computer Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Software Developer
- Chief Technology Office (CTO)
- IT Technical Manager
- Technical Architect
- Technical Support Manager
- IT Service Desk Manager
- Application Engineer
- Mainframe Developer
- Software Architect
- Software Quality Assurance
- Data Warehouse Manager
- Applications Development Manager
- Applications Architect
Admission Entry Requirements for the Computer Science Programme at Asia Pacific University (APU)
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM in Science stream with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in Mathematics and one Science or ICT Subject.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM.
• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (GPA 2.0) in any subject with a credit in Mathematics and any one Science or ICT subjects at SPM. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
are equivalent to
12th Grade/ A-Level/
HSC are accepted.
|• 2 Passes in A-Level in Science stream with a Pass in Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or equivalent.
• 2 Passes in A-Level with a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subjects at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|UEC||• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Mathematics and one Science or ICT subject.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subject including Additional Mathematics.
• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects including Mathematics. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or its equivalent.
Note : The requirement for the Additional Mathematics can be exempted if the Matriculation or Foundation offers Mathematics module which is equivalent or higher requirement than the Additional Mathematics at SPM level.
• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 and a Credit in Mathematics and Science or ICT subject at SPM/ IGCSE/ O-Level or its equivalent. Candidates need to do a Pre-Requisite module in Further Mathematics or equivalent in the first semester of Degree Programme.
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|ICT RELATED DIPLOMAS||• Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
Note: Students who do not have a Credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM/O-Level/IGCSE but have an acceptable achievement in Mathematics related subjects during the Foundation which may be equivalent to SPM/O-Level/IGCSE Additional Mathematics, can be accepted into Degree Programmes. Students can be given preferential entry for ICT related subject in SPM/O-Level/IGCSE.
Any qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU/APIIT and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.