First Rate Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
Asia Pacific University (APU) is acknowledged to be one of the best private universities in Malaysia to study software engineering after having won hundreds of awards in computing & information technology, as well as being awarded Premier Digital Tech University & SETARA 2017 Excellent Ranking. In addition, they are also a Premier Digital Tech status university.
If you want to study Software Engineering, then the first step after SPM or O-Levels is to join the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU). After completing the Diploma, you will enter into the relevant computing degree programmes at Year 2. Graduating students at Asia Pacific University (APU) will receive the degree from APU as well as De Montfort University, UK. To find out more about the software engineering diploma course, read on or contact us for free advise or arrange for a campus tour.
Other Computing Diploma courses offered at Asia Pacific University (APU):
- Diploma in Information & Communications Technology
- Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Data Informatics
- Diploma in Information & Communication Technology with a specialism in Interactive Technology
- Diploma in Business with Information Technology
For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Study at the Best University in Malaysia for Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study IT or the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering.
Students after SPM or O-Levels need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with Software Engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of Information Technology (IT).
Studying at an award-winning computing university in Malaysia means that you will gain from their experience and high quality of education. When you enter the working world, you will have the knowledge to perform the job well and the necessary skills to excel.
What are the Admission Requirements
3 Credits in at least 3 subjects at SPM level including Mathematics, with a minimum of a pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History);
3 Credits (Grade C & above) in at least 3 subjects at IGCSE/O-Levels including Mathematics;
3 Credits (Grade B & above) in at least 3 subjects in UEC including Mathematics;
- Pass relevant Certificate Programme or its equivalent;
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Note: Please take note that a Credit Pass in Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level is required for progression to BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in Business Information Systems.
Malaysian Students who do not possess a Pass in English at SPM/IGCSE/UEC; will be required to sit for the APU English Placement Test, and based on the outcome of the test may be required to attend the APU Intensive English Programme (IEP) prior to commencement of the Foundation/Diploma/Certificate programme.
School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by APU’s mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
Asia Pacific University (APU) School of Computing & Technology
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
What are the Aims of the Diploma Course
(APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Students with skills in software systems development, with emphasis on aspects of software engineering.
- Students with the skills to prepare them for careers in the ICT environment with emphasis on solutions design, software development and technology infrastructure support.
- An appreciation of the proven principles and techniques for the development and support of software systems in commercial organisations.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in industry practises.
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
Why You Should Study at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- 100% Employability Rate in Malaysia
- According to the latest Graduate Tracer Study 2018 by Ministry of Education Malaysia, 100% of APU graduates are employed by graduation. This is not just a number, but a significant symbol of APU’s success and pride in nurturing professionals for global careers.
- Award-Winning University in Malaysia
- Over the years, APU has secured more than 200 awards at local, regional and international level. These awards serve as acknowledgements of the achievement of APU and their students, reaffirming their standing as being among the leading technology Institutions in Malaysia.
- To win an award, the students must have reached a level of capability. In addition, the lecturers would have had the knowledge and experience to help them achieve that level. The number of awards won indicates the standard that APU students and lecturers have reached. Furthermore, to participate in competitions require funding from the university. This is an advantage for APU students as they will have the opportunity to participate in the competitions which will give you experience and build your confidence, as well as, enhance your resume.
- As a testimony of that Asia Pacific University (APU) is the best university for computing, computer science and ICT in Malaysia, they and their students have won hundreds of awards. For the full list of awards, achievements and rankings for Asia Pacific University (APU), please click on this link.
- Wide Range of Computing & Technology Courses
- APU offers the most computing & technology courses in Malaysia, over 20, compared to other universities who only offer 3 to 5. This shows that APU has the expertise and ability to come up with the latest in-demand courses so that students can meet the job market needs.
- Internships after Year 2 allow students to put into practice what they have learnt and for job opportunities.
- Qualified and Experienced Lecturers
- All of APU lecturers possess at least a Masters degree with many having PhD qualifications. Some have also worked in the industry therefore are able to provide real life experiences.
- APU is an “Premier Digital Tech University” – MDEC
- APU was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). APU is recognised for its commitment in offering top-notch digital technology courses and ensuring our highly-skilled graduates continue to flourish and fill future digital job demands locally and globally. Premier Digital Tech University status was awarded by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia.
- Originally established as the Asia Pacific Institute of Information Technology (APIIT) in 1993 and Asia Pacific University College of Technology & Innovation (UCTI) in 2004, APU’s sound approach to nurturing school leavers into qualified professionals has resulted in our graduates being highly sought after by employers.
- Premier Digital Tech Universities and Preferred Digital Tech Polytechnics (PDTIs) are Malaysia’s leading digital tech-focused tertiary institutions. The PDTIs have a proven track record in producing high quality graduates for digital tech-based high value jobs, via cutting-edge research and education policies, strong industry linkages, and career development and placement services.
- Borne out of a collaboration between MDEC, the Ministry of Education Malaysia and industry leaders, the PDTIs deliver end-to-end solutions to ensure that future graduates are propelled into becoming dynamic members of an innovation-driven and knowledge-powered Malaysia.
What You Will Study in the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
At the beginning of the programme students will acquire basic mathematical, language and communication skills along with core information technology skills. Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The second semester builds on and extends the foundation knowledge developed in the first semester. Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism. The ability to analyze and solve problems using quantitative skills, and familiarity with technology are enhanced.
- Academic Research Skills
- Information Systems
- Discrete Mathematics
- Professional Communication
This semester moves students to a new level in information and communication technology related areas such as computer programming, databases, internet applications and computer system architecture. With this knowledge, students are able to use computing tools and techniques to solve common real-world problems.
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Programming with Python
Students are exposed to more advanced development concepts, including the application of usability principles in the web design and development process, and the system development cycle. Specialisation starts here, with a deeper understanding of the systematic models and standard processoriented methodologies that are the essence of software engineering as a career field. Software engineering also requires a deep appreciation of algorithmic thinking, based on calculus and algebra.
- Web Development
- Numerical Methods
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Networks & Networking
- System Analysis & Design
In their final semester, students acquire basic knowledge of computer networks, digital security and forensics to deepen their knowledge of computing technology and ethical responsibilities.
Students also design and implement algorithms using their second programming language, and complete a Software Development Project to show that they can integrate skills, knowledge and understanding from the full programme, including a range of AI techniques for problem solving.
- Java Programming
- Digital Security and Forensic
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Software Development Project
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 8 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
* In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Further Studies after the Diploma at Asia Pacific University:
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with Software Engineering programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes at Asia Pacific University
Computing & Technology Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in:
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science with Specialism in:
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science (Cyber Security)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) (Intelligent Systems)
* Bridging module/s needed before progress into Year 2
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU/APIIT and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
State-of-the-Art Computer Labs and IT Facilities
- All students have access to state-of-the-art computer facilities that include the latest PCs and workstations with Internet connection, operating systems, software suites and commercial programming software in multiple IT labs built for project work, multimedia production, software and internet programming. Furthermore, all around the campus you will have access to wireless Internet so you can learn anywhere, anytime.
- APU’s Cybersecurity Talent Zone is a clear and perfect example of how APU collaborates closely with industry leading organisations to expose students to best-in-class technologies and systems. This Zone features a fully-functional Security Operations Centre (SOC) that allows students to have hands-on cybersecurity operations experience. APU’s Cyber Security students are able to actively analyse occurrences of cyber-attacks and plan counteractive measures towards cyber threats through real-time data.
- In addition, a full-fledged Cyber Threats Simulation and Response Centre (also known as a Cyber Range) is also located within the Cyber Security Talent Zone. The Cyber Range incorporates latest technologies and a military grade cyber-defense system that can simulate highly complex cyber-attacks in a hyper realistic environment, enabling students to understand and formulate defence strategies, and practice the entire chain of cyber defence, while preparing them to deal with real cyber threat attack when it happens. The Cyber Range is among the best-equipped facility of its kind across the Asia Pacific region. APU’s CISCO Networking Academy, its Centre for Research and Development in IoT (CREDIT) and its Forensic and Security Research centre also make up the APU CyberSecurity Talent Zone, which is truly a unique, end-to-end integrated facility to provide hands-on experience to our students – the global cybersecurity, networking and IoT talents of the future.