First Rate Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
Asia Pacific University (APU) is acknowledged to be one of the best private universities in Malaysia to study software engineering after having won hundreds of awards in computing & information technology, as well as being awarded Premier Digital Tech University & SETARA 2017 Excellent Ranking. One of the first steps after SPM or O-Levels is to join the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU). After completing the Diploma, you will enter into the relevant degree programme at Year 2. To find out more about the software engineering diploma course, read on or contact us for free advise or arrange for a campus tour.
For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Study at the Best University in Malaysia for Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study IT or the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering.
Students after SPM or O-Levels need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with Software Engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of Information Technology (IT).
Studying at an award-winning computing university in Malaysia means that you will gain from their experience and high quality of education. When you enter the working world, you will have the knowledge to perform the job well and the necessary skills to excel.
School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by APU’s mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
Asia Pacific University (APU) School of Computing & Technology
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Aims of the Diploma Course
(APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Students with skills in software systems development, with emphasis on aspects of software engineering.
- Students with the skills to prepare them for careers in the ICT environment with emphasis on solutions design, software development and technology infrastructure support.
- An appreciation of the proven principles and techniques for the development and support of software systems in commercial organisations.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in industry practises.
- Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of technology in a business and organisational context, so as to respond to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability.
- Students with opportunities for progression into advanced programmes of study of International standard in relevant areas.
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
Course Structure for the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
In this semester students will be equipped with basic mathematical, language and communication as well as information technology skills. Throughout the duration of this semester, students will have the opportunity to expose themselves to various terminologies and basic concepts related to technology and business managerial skills. These skills are imperative for a smooth transition to the following semester.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Numerical Skills
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The modules Professional Communications, Academic Research Skills and Quantitative Methods that are offered in this semester help to develop students’ knowledge and skills significantly with emphasis on aspects that are core to the study of business.
- Professional Communications
- Academic Research Skills
- Information Systems
- Quantitative Methods
This semester moves students to advanced modules in information and communication technology related areas. Modules such as Internet Applications and Problem Solving & Programme Design using C expand students’ knowledge and efficiency in solving problems and exposing them to the idea that there is no single solution to solving a problem.
- Computer Technology
- Internet Applications
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Problem Solving & Program Design Using C
In this semester, students are exposed to more advanced concepts, skills, trends and issues in the areas of information and communication technology. The modules in this semester develop skills and capabilities in systems development and application areas which support the software development project in the final semester.
- Database & Data Structure
- Multimedia Applications
- Numerical Methods & Logic
- Operating System
- System Analysis & Design
In the final semester, students are provided with more advanced programming skills in the Java Programming and V.B.Net modules.
Introduction to Software Engineering and Artificial Intelligence will bring an insight into the techniques used in the design of software and the building of knowledge based systems.
The semester culminates in the Software Development Project which integrates skills, knowledge and understanding from the
- Java Programming
- Introduction to SE
- Introduction to AI
- Software Development Project
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Further Studies after the Diploma at Asia Pacific University:
Upon successful completion of the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with Software Engineering programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes at APIIT or Asia Pacific University
Computing & Technology Degree Programmes at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in:
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) Cyber Security