Affordable High Quality Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking & Security) (Hons) in Malaysia at First City University College
Students after SPM or IGCSE/O-Levels interested in pursuing the Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking & Security) (Hons) at First City University College may go for the Foundation in Engineering & Technology for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Networking & Security degree programme. The Foundation in Engineering & Technology course at First City University College is affordable and taught at its purpose built campus in the safe township of Bandar Utama in Selangor.
Alternatively with 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the affordable Diploma in Information Technology programme and then enter into Year 2 of the Networking & Security degree. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Mobile Computing Technology degree at First City University College.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Exceptional Private University in Malaysia for Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking & Security) (Hons) at First City University College
This Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking & Security) (Hons) programme at First City UC equips students with a broad range of knowledge and technical skills in information technology, networking & cybersecurity. Students will study modules focusing on system analysis & design, computer architecture, cyber security, computer forensics, biometric technology, ethical hacking, Internet of Things and cloud computing. Emphasis is placed on network security, wireless and mobile security. Also, students will undergo internships where they will gain hands-on experience.
The Programme objectives are to:
- Equip students with knowledge and technical competencies in Computer Networking and Security for today’s dynamic IoT, Mobile Communications, Large-scale Systems, and Cloud Computing environment.
- Equip students with the ability to provide innovative, creative, and ethical integrated solutions for Computer Networking and Security.
- Equip students with the ability to design, configure and manage network infrastructure and security.
- Equip students with communication, teamwork, leadership, entrepreneurial, and social skills.
- Produce graduates who are mindful of social, ethical and professional practices to work globally and engage in research and life-long learning.
Duration for the Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking & Security) (Hons) at First City University College is 3 years (6 semesters) with intakes in February, June and September of each year. First City University College provides a safe off-campus accommodation which is just across the road. Deserving students can apply for the scholarships as well. Students interested to register for the Mobile Computing degree at First City University College may do so at this link.
Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College
First City UC’s Faculty of Engineering and Computing offers four home-grown programmes; all specially-crafted to meet the demands of the fast-changing industry which is constantly innovating itself to keep up with the digital world. These brand new programmes: Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours, Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons), Bachelor of Computer Science ( Intelligent Systems) (Hons), & Bachelor of Information Systems (Honours) in Business Management equip students with skills and techniques in programming, application development, information analysis and many other applications of IT in various industries that are relevant to the demands of employers around the world.
The curriculum for Electronic Engineering degree programme is approved by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM); therefore providing students with a clear pathway to achieve professional engineer status.
With the use of advanced software tools and commercial products in its state-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics, students can experiment and develop their practical skills while being guided by attentive lecturers and tutors.
Industry linkages for the Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College
First City UC works closely with key players in the IT and electronics industry, one of which was the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with IBM Malaysia in 2016 to renew its academic collaboration to embed IBM technologies into First City UC’s ICT curriculum and equip its undergraduates with cognitive computing skills.
Since the establishment of the MoU in 2008, First City UC has produced high calibre graduates equipped with professional IBM certification. Under this collaboration, First City UC provides teaching resources and facilities, whilst IBM provides leading software, courseware, training and testing necessary to gain certification.
First City UC has adopted IBM curriculum in their Software Engineering and Computer Science (Intelligent Systems) degree programme, where students have the opportunity to work on Large Scale Computing, Cloud Computing and Mobile Platform Programming and apply the techniques they learnt to develop a broad range of software relevant to the ICT industry.
Why Study Information Technology at First City UC?
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.
- Students are taught problem-solving skills
- Attend talks by industry experts
- Use of advanced software tools such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics of Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- 19 State-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories
Entry Requirements for the Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking & Security) (Hons) at First City University College
- Foundation/ Matriculation: Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0 + credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- STPM: Pass with a minimum Grade C (GP2.0) in any 2 subjects + credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- GCE A Levels: Minimum 2 Es & 5 credits in GCE O Level/ SPM (inclusive of English & Mathematics)
- Diploma:In Computer Science/Software Engineering/ Information Technology/Information Systems with a minimum CGPA 2.5+ credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent. Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to an internal assessment process;ORAny other Diploma in Science and Technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 may be admitted subject to an internal assessment process and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- UEC:Minimum 5 Bs (inclusive of English & Mathematics)
Bachelor of Information Technology (Networking & Security) (Hons) Subjects at First City University College
- Basic Computing Principles
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Programming Methods
- Computer Ethics and Cyber Law
- Web Design Principles
- Mathematics for Computing
- Computer Architecture
- Database Systems
- Structured Programming
- Internet Programming & Applications
- Discrete Mathematics
- Fundamentals of Network Security
- IT Project Management
- Operating Systems
- Web Administration
- Computer Networks
- Introduction to Computer Forensics
- Software Development
- Object-oriented Programming
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Wireless and Mobile Network Security
- Biometric Technology
- Project 1
- Ethical Hacking
- Wireless and Mobile Communications
- Project 2
- Internet of Things for Mobile Computing
- Distributed Systems
- Elective I & II
- Research Methodology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Platform Programming
- Mandarin Language (Basic)
- Elective III & IV
- Real-time Analysis and Design
- Natural Language Processing
- Mandarin (Higher Basic)
Upon completion of Year 2, students are required to undergo 12 weeks of industrial training.
Career Opportunities for Networking & Security Graduates in Malaysia
- Cyber Security
- Network Administration
- Network Maintenance
- IT Infrastructure
- Data Centre Infrastructure
- Network Consultancy
- Network Analysis
- Network and Security Policy Analysis and Management