Course Information, Intake Dates, Fees & Entry Requirements for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Malaysian students after high school or Pre-University wanting to find out more about the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology course, intake dates & tuition fees at Asia Pacific University (APU), Malaysia have come to the right place.
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
The BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) programme is specifically designed to provide students with:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- The ability to specify and manage the implementation of a range of mobile communications systems to support various activities.
- The ability to design, develop, and implement viable mobile technology solutions using appropriate platforms, tools, and techniques.s.
Students with at least 3 credits in SPM including Maths may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information & Communications Technology or Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion, students may continue on to Year 2 of one of the top computing or IT degree programme at APU.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with 5 credits can enter into the Foundation in Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Computer Science, Software Engineering or Information Technology (IT) degree. Pre-University graduates in Malaysia from programmes such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT and others may enter directly into the degree providing they meet the minimum entry requirements.
Admission Requirements for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.0) in any subject with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM.|
|• 2 Passes in A-Level and with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B Passes in UEC in any subjects including Mathematics.|
|• A pass in Matriculation or Foundation studies with minimum CGPA of 2.0 with a Credit in Mathematics at SPM/IGCSE/O-Level or its equivalent.|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|ICT RELATED DIPLOMAS||• Diploma with a minimum CGPA of 2.50.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
Note: Students who do not have a Credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM/O-Level/IGCSE but have an acceptable achievement in Mathematics related subjects during the Foundation which may be equivalent to SPM/O-Level/IGCSE Additional Mathematics, can be accepted into Degree Programmes. Students can be given preferential entry for ICT related subjec in SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE.
Any qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Note: Student with CGPA above 2.0 and below 2.5 may be accepted using rigorous assessment conducted by APU/APIIT and subject to the approval of the Academic Board.
What You Will Study in the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology Degree at Asia Pacific University (APU) Malaysia
DEGREE LEVEL 1 Subjects
Students will learn fundamental skills required by every IT professional, and the basic understanding of the underlying computer system through Computer Architecture, operating systems, networking and databases.
Some specialised modules will provide them basic knowledge of security and computer forensics. The modules will also help them develop personal and organisational skills, as well as nurture creativity and innovation.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Introduction to Management
- System Analysis & Design
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Introduction to Networking
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to C Programming
- Introduction to Mobile Technologies
DEGREE LEVEL 2 Subjects
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of the platforms, tool and techniques needed to design, develop and implement viable mobile technology solutions.
They will gain solid understanding of mobile and wireless technologies and mobile app development. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the workplace.
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- System Development Methods
- Programming for Data Analysis
- Creativity & Innovation
- Research Methods for Computing and Technology
- IOS Mobile App Development
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Computer Games Design: High Concept and Preproduction
- Mobile App Engineering
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Web Applications
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
INTERNSHIP (16 weeks)
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 16 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3 Subjects
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity in the field of mobile computing and to refine their personal and professional development.
Students will move further into advanced programming skills for full range of mobile computing applications such as games, multimedia and enterprise-level mobile applications.
A final year project requires them to investigate and develop a solution for a real-world problem – they will demonstrate their ability to combine technical knowledge, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Computer Systems Management
- Advance Mobile Computing with Android
- Mobile and Web Multimedia
- Cloud Infrastructure and Services
- Multi-Platform Mobile Apps Development
- Mobile Commerce
- Investigations in Information Systems Security
- Information Systems Security Project
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
Career Options for Graduates of the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- Mobile Application Developer
- Mobile iOS Developer
- Android Mobile Developer
- M-Commerce Consultant
- Mobile Programmer
- Telecommunications Solutions Consultant
- Application Engineer
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Mobile Application Specialist
- Technical Support Manager
- Mobile Solutions Consultant
- M-Commerce Consultant
- Mobile Application Designer
The duration for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is 3 years with 2 semesters a year. Each semester is 6 months long.
Intakes for the degree programmes are in February, April, September and November of each year. For the exact dates, please WhatsApp 01111408838
Tuition Fees for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
For the latest tuition fees brochure, please WhatsApp 01111408838.
2020 Course Fees
|Malaysian Students||International Students|
|Year 1: RM 28,200
Year 2: RM 29,000
Year 3: RM 29,800
Total: RM 87,000
|Year 1: RM 28,600 (USD 7,150)
Year 2: RM 29,700 (USD 7,430)
Year 3: RM 29,900 (USD 7,480)
Total: RM 88,200 (USD 22,060)
* Fees stated above do not include Deposits and other Miscellaneous Fees. Please refer to Fee Guide for details.