Best Information Technology Degree with specialism in Mobile Technology in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study Information Technology (IT) with the specialism in Mobile Technology. Students need to choose the best university in Malaysia to study Mobile Technology so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of IT. Read on to find out more about the course details. You may contact us for further advise and how to apply.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Award Winning and Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) Offers an Outstanding Degree Course in Mobile Computing in Malaysia
The BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology degree programme at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Familiarity with a broad range of information technologies and how they are used.
- The ability to specify and manage the implementation of a range of mobile communications systems to support various activities.
- The ability to design, develop, and implement viable mobile technology solutions using appropriate platforms, tools, and techniques.
An impressive 95% of APU’s graduates obtain jobs before graduation.
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Computing at Asia Pacific University for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology degree.
With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information & Communications Technology or Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the Mobile Technology degree at top ranked Asia Pacific University.
Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology degree.
School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and
benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
Year 1 Subjects for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Information Technology degree and all of its specialisms have similar modules in Level 1. Modules that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language.
More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Introduction to Management and Computing & IT in the Workplace provide a foundation for multidisciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout this level.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Networking
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- System Analysis & Design
- Interactive Media & Web Design Technology
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Further in-depth analysis and design skills are developed here through System Development Methods, Web Applications, and Computer Games Design.
Specific computing skills are developed in Object Oriented Development with Java, Programming Concepts in C++, and System Programming & Computer Control. Specific technical knowledge and skills related to Mobile Technology are enhanced at this level through the Fundamentals of Mobile Computing and Mobile & Wireless Technology modules.
Along with independent learning, a common theme in all APU ICT awards is fostering creativity and innovation in individuals and teams. These themes are the specific focus of the Creativity & Innovation and Research Methods for Computing & Technology modules.
- Creativity & Innovation
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- System Development Methods
- Computer Games Design: High Concept and Preproduction
- Fundamentals of Mobile Computing
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Programming Concepts in C++
- System Programming and Computer Control
- Web Applications
Internship for the BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship / Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Information Technology.
Year 3 Subjects for the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Mobile Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The focus of Level 3 is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis.
Specific skills in the area of Mobile Technology are developed through Software Development for Mobile Devices, Mobile & Web Multimedia, Mobile Multimedia & Gaming, Advanced Wireless Technology, and Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications.
General personal and professional development is enhanced in Project Management, while Innovation Management & New Product Development continues the theme of generating new ideas and creating new products.
The Investigations and Project modules provide opportunity for students to further develop the academic and practical aspects of their areas of study and reinforce their independent learning skills.
Furthermore, the major project that students are expected to do, will entail extensive research in domain knowledge and acquiring of skills in using tools and methods in the particular specialism. The significant aspect of this level is the demonstration of higher level critical thinking, analysis and application in the award project.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Advanced Wireless Technology
- Critical Issues in Managing IS in Organisations
- Distributed Computer Systems
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Investigations in Mobile Technology
- Mobile Multimedia & Gaming
- Mobile Technology Project
- Software Development for Mobile Devices
- XML & Web Services
Note: The specialism will appear only in the academic transcript.
Careers in Mobile Technology in Malaysia
Your specialist knowledge of design issues in the mobile communications sector, with its developing needs for hardware, software and systems will make you highly sought after in the fast-moving and growing sector.