First City University College UK Dual Award Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons) in Malaysia – Course Information, Fees, Entry Requirements & Intakes
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons) at First City University College is a 3-year degree programme that’s accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and recognised by the Ministry of Educcation. Students have the opportunity to get an affordable UK Dual Award Software Engineering degree at First City UC. Upon completion of the course, students will receive a certificate from First City UC and Teeside University, UK.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Find Out the Details for the Affordable UK Dual Award Software Engineering Course in Malaysia at First City University College
The demand from industry for suitably qualified software engineers continues to show a healthy expansion. This programme seeks to meet that need by producing graduates with the precise combination of skills required to design and develop robust, efficient, high quality software. Software engineers hold key positions in many industries — including medical, industrial, military, communications, business, scientific, and general computing.
Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons) equips students with a strong foundation in software engineering using a combination of classroom and laboratory learning environment, with application of analysis and design techniques and software development tools.
The programme offers students the opportunity to develop strong problem-solving and communication skills, along with the development of skills for teamwork. Students will also be exposed to state-of-the-art technologies for developing mobile applications, web applications, and software for embedded systems.
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in pursuing the Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons) at First City University College may go for the Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology for 1 year before continuing on to the 3-year Software Engineering degree programme. The Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology course at First City University College is affordable and taught at its purpose built campus in the safe township of Bandar Utama in Selangor.
Alternatively with 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels including Maths, students may go for the affordable Diploma in Information Technology programme and then enter into Year 2 of the Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons) degree. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Software Engineering degree at First City University College.
Duration for the degree at First City University College is 3 years (6 semesters) with intakes in January, May and September of each year. First City University College provides a safe off-campus accommodation which is just across the road. Deserving students can apply for the scholarships as well. Students interested to register for the software engineering degree at First City University College may do so at this link.
For the exact Intake Dates, please WhatsApp 01111408838
Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College
First City UC’s Faculty of Engineering and Computing offers four home-grown programmes; all specially-crafted to meet the demands of the fast-changing industry which is constantly innovating itself to keep up with the digital world. These brand new programmes: Bachelor of Electronic Engineering with Honours, Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons), Bachelor of Computer Science (Intelligent Systems) (Hons) and Bachelor of Information Systems (Hons) in Business Management equip students with skills and techniques in programming, application development, information analysis and many other applications of IT in various industries that are relevant to the demands of employers around the world.
The curriculum for Electronic Engineering degree programme is approved by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM); therefore providing students with a clear pathway to achieve professional engineer status.
With the use of advanced software tools and commercial products in its state-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics, students can experiment and develop their practical skills while being guided by attentive lecturers and tutors.
Industry linkages for the Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College
First City UC works closely with key players in the IT and electronics industry, one of which was the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed with IBM Malaysia in 2016 to renew its academic collaboration to embed IBM technologies into First City UC’s ICT curriculum and equip its undergraduates with cognitive computing skills.
Since the establishment of the MoU in 2008, First City UC has produced high calibre graduates equipped with professional IBM certification. Under this collaboration, First City UC provides teaching resources and facilities, whilst IBM provides leading software, courseware, training and testing necessary to gain certification.
First City UC has adopted IBM curriculum in their Software Engineering and Computer Science (Intelligent Systems) degree programme, where students have the opportunity to work on Large Scale Computing, Cloud Computing and Mobile Platform Programming and apply the techniques they learnt to develop a broad range of software relevant to the ICT industry.
Why Study Information Technology at First City UC?
The Faculty of Engineering and Computing at First City University College provides students with the latest in learning experience through the use of state-of-the-art facilities. Students are inspired and motivated through a hands-on approach in the teaching of engineering and computing.
- Students are taught problem-solving skills
- Attend talks by industry experts
- Use of advanced software tools such as Mainframe Computing Technology and Mentor Graphics of Electronic Design Automation (EDA)
- 19 State-of-the-art engineering and computing laboratories
Entry Requirements for the Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons) at First City University College
- FOUNDATION / MATRICULATION:Pass with minimum CGPA 2.0 + credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
- STPM:Pass with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) in any 2 subjects + credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.OR
- DIPLOMA:In Computer Science/Software Engineering/Information Technology/Information Systems with a minimum CGPA 2.5 + credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent. Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 with a credit in additional mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted subject to an internal assessment process;ORAny other Diploma in science and technology with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 may be admitted subject to an internal assessment process and a credit in Additional Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
Learning Outcomes for the Software Engineering Degree at First City UC
Graduates of this programme will be able to:
- Students will learn about software and how apps work. Other areas include maintenance, analysis, design, testing, evaluating and troubleshooting various web apps and Software.
- Students will understand how fintech startups succeed and how to establish their own startups.
- Students will learn how upcoming trends in technology will affect those in the industry.
- Apply knowledge, skills, and principles of lifelong learning in academic and career development
- Communicate effectively via reports and presentations
- Demonstrate teamwork, leadership, interpersonal and social skills
- Utilise relevant techniques and demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills in problem-solving
- Demonstrate professionalism and social and ethical considerations in accordance with ethical and legal principles
- Apply broad business and real world perspectives daily and demonstrate creative and innovative thinking, and entrepreneurial skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of essential facts, concepts, principles, and theories relating to Software Engineering
- Apply theoretical principles and techniques of Software Engineering in various areas (such as database, web applications, real-time systems)
- Apply appropriate methodologies, models and techniques that provide a basis for analysis, design, development, test and implementation, evaluation, maintenance and documentation of software systems that are robust and reliable
Bachelor of Software Engineering (Hons) Subjects at First City University College
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 1 MODULE CONTENT
- Basic Computing Principles
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Programming Methods
- Mathematics in Computing
- Database Systems
- Internet Design Principles
YEAR 1 SEMESTER 2 MODULE CONTENT
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Ethics and Cyber Law
- Structured Programming
- Internet Programming & Applications
- Discrete Mathematics
- Software Requirements Engineering
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 3 MODULE CONTENT
- Software Project Management 1
- Generic Programming
- Visual Programming
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Operating Systems
- Database Management Systems
YEAR 2 SEMESTER 4 MODULE CONTENT
- Software Project Management 2
- Object-oriented Programming
- Software Engineering Principles
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Software Verification and Validation
- Computer Networks
- Upon completion of Year 2, students are required to undergo 12 weeks of industrial training.
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 5 MODULE CONTENT
- Human Computer Interaction
- Object-oriented Analysis and Design
- Research Methodology
- Large-Scale Computing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Mobile Platform Programming
YEAR 3 SEMESTER 6 MODULE CONTENT
- Project Management
- Formal Methods
- Real-time Analysis and Design
- *Natural Language Processing
- *Cloud Computing
- *Distributed Systems
- Select FOUR elective modules in Year 3 – Two in each semester
MPU Compulsory Subjects
All Malaysian and International students are required to take 5 MPU compulsory subjects
Career Opportunities for Software Engineering Graduates in Malaysia
- Software Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Systems Engineer / Analyst
- Web Designer
- Network Integrator