Multimedia University (MMU)’s Diploma in Information Technology (IT) Course Information
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
If you have your heart set on a career in Information Technology and Computer Science, Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia is the university for you. Listed in the Top 300 QS World University Rankings in Computer Science and Information Systems 2017, MMU offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact as an ICT specialist.
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 3 relevant credits wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally for Computer Science or Information Technology can enter the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) course at Multimedia University (MMU) in Melaka or Cyberjaya. Upon completion of the recognised 2.5-year Diploma in IT, students will continue on to the various degree programmes at the Faculty of Information Science & Technology at MMU Melaka campus or Faculty of Computing & Informatics at MMU Cyberjaya campus. 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best courses in Computer Science and Information Technology in Malaysia. Therefore, it is undeniably the best university in Malaysia for students to study the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) that’s also affordable. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) as well as the degree programmes.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counselor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Studying the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) Course after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU)
Both Multimedia University’s Faculty of Computing & Informatics and Faculty of Information Science & Technology incorporate industry-led curriculum so you will gain not only technical knowledge and skills, but also relevant soft and management skills. Many of the lecturers are professionals and specialists in their fields who will be able to impart real-life experience and solutions to your learning.
Multimedia University (MMU) also has strong collaborations with global industry leaders who are ready to share their knowledge of cutting-edge innovative technologies to keep you up-to-the-minute with current and future industry needs. MMU was the first private university approved by the Malaysian government.
Multimedia University’s collaboration partners include multinational corporations such as Microsoft, IBM, Dell-EMC, Cisco, Oracle, Intel, Cloudera, Nokia, EC Council, Google, Sun, Novell, Shell, BT, Celcom, CA, and Motorola. Through such partnerships, our staff and students are able to leverage on the latest technologies driving the Malaysian and global ICT scenes.
To give MMU students an extra edge in the job market, the university also conducts numerous professional certification programs via learning centers such as the Microsoft IT Academy, the Cisco Networking Academy, the Oracle Workforce Development Programme, the Cloudera Academic Partnership Programme, the Sun Academic Initiative and the Novell (Micro Focus) Academic Training Partner.
Vendor academy programs (Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, Novell/LPI, Juniper, IBM). Industry-linked Final Year Project. Lectures/Seminars by Industry Partners Visits to IT companies. Incorporation of industrial-standard software and tools in the course content Participation in competitions (e.g. programming competitions)
A study by Gartner and MSC Malaysia found that Multimedia University (MMU) is among the top five universities preferred by major ICT players for graduate employment – a testament to the quality of MMU’s academicians, curriculum, student development programmes and our solid reputation with the industries.
In this constantly evolving digital world, Information and Communication Technology is more important than ever. As ICT continues to transform the way people communicate, learn, work and play, the career prospects for IT graduates are both diverse and rewarding. Whether it’s Bioinformatics or Data Communication, Artificial Intelligence or Information Technology Management, a degree from MMU will definitely hold you in good stead for the future.
Programme Structure for the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) at Multimedia University (MMU) at Cyberjaya & Melaka
The Diploma in Information Technology (IT) programme at Multimedia University (MMU) provides students with computing knowledge in planning, implementation, configuration and maintenance of an organisation’s computing infrastructure. Students will be exposed to various programming languages and web technologies with which they would be able to configure, integrate and deploy systems as well as provide technical support within an organisation.
The curriculum covers areas such as programming, database, software design, operating systems, data communication & networking, as well as mathematics. Apart from the technical subjects, students will also be exposed to soft skills such as writing and presentation skills to help enhance their interaction and communication and prepare them for real-life working environment. After completing the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) programme you can opt for a degree programme from either Faculty of Computing and Informatics (FCI) at MMU Cyberjaya or Faculty of Information, Science and Technology (FIST) at MMU Melaka.
Course Structure for the Diploma in Information Technology (IT) Subjects at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Computer Systems and Applications
- Elective 1
- Mathematical Techniques 1
- Program Design
- Computer Architecture
- Contemporary Management and Entrepreneurship
- Mathematical Techniques 2
- Discrete Structures
- Database Systems
- Operating System
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Data Communication and Networking
- Internet and Web Publishing
- Object Oriented Programming
- Programming in Java
- Data Structure and Algorithms
- Elective 3
- Effective Communication Skills
- Industrial Training
- Multimedia Applications
- Management Information Systems
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- U1 – Pengajian Malaysia 2 (Local) / Bahasa Malaysia Komunikasi I (International)
- U2 – Basic Academic Writing/Grooming and Professional Etiquette/Chinese for Basic Communication/ Korean for Basic Communication/French for Basic Communication/Bahasa Kebangsaan A
- U3 – Introduction to Cultural Practices in Malaysia/Fundamental of Islamic Leadership in Malaysia/Family and Society in Malaysia
- U4 – Personal Social Responsibility
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Computing & Informatics (Cyberjaya)
Located within Cyberjaya and built on an 80-hectare plot of land with all the advantages of high technology, MMU Cyberjaya is equipped with various intelligent features such as multimedia learning facilities, intelligent building systems, a digital library, and an integrated campus management system designed to nurture innovative ICT graduates.
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Information Science and Technology (Melaka)
- Foundation in Information Technology
- Foundation in Life Sciences
- Diploma in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Data Communications and Networking)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Information Technology Management)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Artificial Intelligence)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) (Security Technology)
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) (Bioinformatics)
The Best Reasons to Study Computer Science & Information Technology at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Ranked World’s Top 300 University for Computer Science & Information Systems
- Academically and professionally certified lecturers (CCNA, CCNP, MCP, MCTS, MTA and Java)
- One of the best teaching labs in private universities, equipped with world-class research and teaching facilities such as SMART and Innov8 labs
- Strong collaborations with multi-national companies such as Cisco Networking Academy, Microsoft IT Academy, Oracle Workforce Development Program, Novell Academic Training Partner, Linux Professional Institute and EC-Council
- Forefront Curriculum Design and Industry Placement Opportunities to bridge academic studies with practical experience
- Be part of a globally ranked university that is listed in the Top 200 QS World University Rankings and continues to strive with solid breakthrough to be at the 179th spot in QS Asia University Rankings.
- Study alongside 1,500 international students from more than 70 countries.
- Experience the best and latest technologies from MMU’s collaborations with major ICT players such as ZTE, Nokia, Intel, Microsoft, Cisco and Motorola.
- Get exposure to some of the best practices of the world’s best universities such as MIT, Stanford, Carnegie Mellon, Harvard, USC and Tokyo University.
- Be enthused with Start-up Schemes from the Entrepreneur Development Centre (EDC) to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship ventures.
Financial Assistance at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) is the Malaysian government body offering national educational loan for Malaysian students enrolling for Foundation, Diploma and Degree programmes. Amount of the loan is subject to PTPTN’s approval . PTPN Loan is available for Foundation programmes at Multimedia University (MMU).
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) or 1Malaysia Education Caring Scheme is additional financial assistance to deserving students to pursue quality degree qualifications in identified disciplines and courses. This additional financial assistance will act as a top-up fund to their existing fun or scholarship.
- Scholarships are available to deserving students.
Conducive Learning Environment at Multimedia University (MMU)
Learning goes beyond books. At MMU, you will have all these various facilities and settings that will make learning fun, comfortable, and memorable.
- Convenient accommodation. A calm and safe base for you to re-energise yourself every day, both on-campus and within walking distance off-campus.
- Intelligent labs. High-tech labs to boost the teaching and learning process. These are the Innov8 Lab, SiRi Learning Lab, SMART Lab, and an e-Moot Court.
- Digital Libraries. Well-stocked libraries with print and digital resources to cover your reading needs and habit.
- Cutting edge mind-set. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who are seeking for ways to best prepare themselves for a dynamic and challenging future.
- Extensive infrastructure. Computers galore, campus-wide Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, ample parking,
food and drink outlets, and many others.
- Location. Cyberjaya – An intelligent city housing many high-tech firms that could one day become your workplace. Melaka – A city bustling with life and activities that is a wealth of experience to your life.
- Healthy lifestyle. Multiple sports tracks and fields, indoor sports centres, various courts and pitches, in addition to numerous clubs and societies. Olympic-sized swimming pool A swimming pool fit for champions right in the heart of Cyberjaya.
- Vibrant Campus Life. Multimedia University (MMU) keeps their beautiful campus exciting with engaging events and going-ons all year round. With over 100 clubs and societies, you can choose to practise martial arts, go dragon boating or attend an anime screening after class is over. Besides engaging with the University’s international community, student exchange programmes are also available to enhance learning experience.