Best Hospitality Management Programmes at BERJAYA University College
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure that they want a career in the vibrant hotel industry can choose to study the Diploma in Hotel Management at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Students will need at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels to join the 2-year diploma.
If you are still unsure of what to study, then you can go for the 1-year Foundation in Hospitality course at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality with 5 credits and then enter into the Degree programme for 3 years. Students with UEC, A-Levels, Foundation, STPM or external Pre-University programme with relevant results may enter directly into the Hotel Management or Hospitality Management course.
For a personalised advise on how to choose the right course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Hospitality Programmes offered at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
Students with SPM / O-Levels or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits or UEC with a minimum of four (4) credits may enter into the 1-year Foundation in Hospitality before continuing on to the Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Hons).
Students with SPM / O-Levels / UEC or equivalent with a minimum of three (3) credits may join the Diploma in Hotel Management for 2.5 years before entering into Year 2 of the degree at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality.
Foundation in Hospitality at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
The Foundation in Hospitality at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality is an intensive preparatory programme that develops the knowledge, skills and competencies required to succeed in your university studies. The modules make up the building blocks that focus on the Hospitality, Tourism and Services industries. You will be mentored on the skills essential to your learning and growth as an individual. This is to prepare you for your new and exciting life ahead as a Bachelor’s Degree student at BERJAYA UCH.
The Foundation in Hospitality subjects encompasses all the necessary knowledge that a new tertiary level student needs to adapt to their new learning environment.
You will be mentored in the skills essential to your learning and growth as an individual. This is done to prepare you for your new and exciting life ahead as a University College student.
With these acquired tools, you will be on the fast track in pursuing a degree in the Hospitality, Tourism and Services industries.
Subjects for the Foundation in Hospitality at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
- University Life and Study Skills
- Fundamentals of Hospitality, Tourism and Services
- Learning Computer Application for the Service Industry
- Introduction to Commercial Studies
- Introduction to Travel and Tourism Operations
- Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics
- Essentials of Service Operations
- Introduction to Psychology
- Developing Critical Thinkers
- Insight to Hotel and Restaurant Operations
- Discovering Malaysian Arts and Culture
- English for Foundation Studies I
- English for Foundation Studies II
- English for Foundation Studies III
The Best Diploma in Hotel Management Course at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
The Diploma in Hotel Management programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality covers all the major theoretical and practical components of hospitality operations. This comprehensive skills-driven programme enables you to acquire the mandatory operational skills and business acumen needed to successfully manage a hospitality operation profitably, while adhering to world-class standards.
You will be prepared for extensive career opportunities across industry sectors such as hotels, resorts, clubs, restaurants, cruise lines, contract catering, retail outlets, fast food restaurants and many more.
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality students will experience:
- Live events, professional visits and industry speakers sharing session are part of the learning paradigm at BERJAYA UCH.
- 16 weeks Supervised Internship at hotels, resorts and any relevant hospitality establishments.
- Global Education Platform; through Course Network – Students are able to interact with other likeminded students all over the world.
- Industry Relevant Curriculum & Facilities.
- Advance Standing into 2nd Year Bachelor of Hospitality Management(Hons).
Year 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Hotel Management
- Windows Into Hospitality and Tourism
- Managing Service Excellence
- Kitchen Operations and Hygiene
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Hospitality Operation Systems
- Cuisine & Restaurant Operations
- Pastry and Baking
- Bar, Beverage and Barista
- Fine Dining and Banquet Management
- Food & Beverage Cost Control
- Personal Development Skills 1
- Personal Development Skills 2
- Personal Development Skills 3
- English for Academic Purposes
Year 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Hotel Management
- Rooms Division Operations
- Rooms and Revenue Management
- Le Petit Sommelier
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing
- Human Capital Management
Year 3 Subjects for the Diploma in Hotel Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
- Hospitality and Tourism Law
- Entrepreneurship Development
- You will undergo a semester of comprehensive training in the internship programme. It has been specially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment.
Bachelor Of Hospitality Management (Hons) at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
The Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Honours) programme equips you with intellectual and leadership capabilities to allow you to move into a range of international leadership positions within prestigious hospitality organisations.
You will have the opportunity to study a range of fundamental and specialised subjects that will enable you to acquire and understand the key skills, concepts and techniques to succeed.
It will also provide you with an up-to-date academically rigorous and relevant management education in the field of Hospitality.
Subjects that cultivate business and entrepreneurial skills.
Mobility Study Option; Students have the option to study 1 semester abroad at partner universities.
Live events, professional visits and industry speakers sharing session are part of the learning paradigm at BERJAYA UCH.
16 weeks Supervised Internship at hotels, resorts and any relevant hospitality establishments.
Global Education Platform; through Course Network – Students are able to interact with other likeminded students all over the world.
In addition to theories, you will learn to manage different hotel services through our live laboratories; The Oenology Laboratory, The Coffee and Tea Academy, Upper East Side Café and Samplings on the Fourteenth. These are vital lessons to learn while managing a hotel or resort business profitably.
Year 1 Subjects for the Bachelor Of Hospitality Management (Hons)
- Entrée to Food and Beverage
- Introduction to Culinary & Kitchen Hygiene
- Beverage Operations and Management
- Rooms Division
- Understanding Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure
- Food and Beverage Management
- Food & Beverage Revenue Management
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Hospitality Computerised Systems
- Marketing for the Service Industry
- Personal Skills Development 1
- Personal Skills Development 2
- Personal Skills Development 3
- Academic Writing Skills
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor Of Hospitality Management (Hons)
- Rooms Division Management
- Premises and Facilities Management
- Consumer Behaviour in Hospitality
- Innovation & Contemporary Issues in Hospitality & Tourism
- Sustainable Operations in Hospitality and Tourism
- Service Quality Management
- Revenue and Profit Management
- Managing People in the Service Industry
- Economics in the Service Environment
- Law for Hospitality and Tourism
- Statistics for the Service Industry
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
Year 3 Subjects for the Bachelor Of Hospitality Management (Hons)
- Strategic Hospitality Management
- Honours Seminar Series
- Research Methods for the Service Industry
- Research Project
You will undergo a semester of comprehensive training in the internship programme. It has been specially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment.
About BERJAYA University College
Founded in 2009 by a successful self-made international entrepreneur named Tan Sri Dato’ Vincent Tan,
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality embodies his legacy of success and tenacity in preparing you for a flourishing career in the Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary and Services industries – all areas in which the Berjaya Corporation Berhad has track records for success and international acclaim.
In fact, you will be able to leverage on the Berjaya Corporation Berhad’s corporate diversity as a global conglomerate with involvements in:
- Property and construction
- Hotels and resorts
- Investment holdings
- Food and beverages
- Industrial businesses
Teaching & Learning at BERJAYA University College
At BERJAYA University College of Hospitality, our commitment towards professional excellence focuses on ‘human development’, attention to detail in teaching and learning that are unique qualities which differentiate us from the rest.
The University College has an integrated classroom-community space for students to learn and apply their knowledge and skills in real-life situations, which is what we call the BERJAYA Immersion Methodology.
A significant part of this approach depends greatly on the innovative academic curriculum, delivered both inside and outside of the classrooms, which are both academic and career-focused, and is based on the ‘Learning by Doing’ principle. This approach educates our students to think critically, communicate effectively, work productively and manage professionally right from the day they start with us.
Closing the gap between student’s qualifications and industry needs, BERJAYA UCH pays particular
attention on opportunities for quality industrial work placements for the students. The support of the Berjaya Group of Companies plays an integral part on industry placements with their local and international Hotels, Resorts and Clubs providing a platform for students to gain placement and exposures, thereby enhancing their skills and knowledge in a global environment. The students also get first priority to fill up permanent positions within the subsidiaries of the group.
Since its inception in 2008, BERJAYA UCH has established strategic partnerships with recognised professional and academic institutions of higher learning from UK, USA, Australia, Europe and South Korea who are forerunners in areas of Hospitality, Culinary Arts, Tourism, Retail and Event Management. These collaborations include future developments in the areas of curriculum development, licensing of academic programmes, staff-student exchanges and research opportunities.
True to our vision and commitment of inspiring lives and widening horizons, BERJAYA UCH aims to be an institution with ‘people and places’ with regional branches campuses and articulation arrangements in various parts of the world. We value engagement with education and industry partners, and the various communities we serve. We invite individuals to come as students and leave as professionals.
State-of-the-Art Facilities at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
BERJAYA UCH’s cosmopolitan city campus is situated within the golden triangle in Berjaya Times Square.
Students will benefit from the integrated learning experience gained from the hospitality, tourism and service-related businesses within and surrounding the city campus. The city campus, totaling approximately 100,000 square feet, is located on the 11th (West Wing) consisting mainly the administrative offices and learning areas; and 14th (East Wing) comprises the culinary and restaurant facilities for the School of Culinary Arts.
BERJAYA UCH had you in mind when they designed their campus. From the culinary studios, to the boardroom, to the custom-built housekeeping suites, BERJAYA UCH’s facilities are customised to help teach students by immersing themselves into a realistically simulated environment.
BERJAYA UCH encompasses the hardware of complete infrastructure with state-of-the-art facilities which
include high-tech lecture theatres, classrooms and seminar rooms, conference room, learning and resource centre, housekeeping suite, travel bureau, dedicated computer laboratories with the latest software, fully equipped preparation, production and pastry kitchens, bakery, culinary studio, culinary theatre, show kitchen, fine dining restaurant, cafÃ©, culinary museum, coffee and tea academy, oenology laboratory and chocolate and sugar artistry laboratory among others.
The usual comment when guests step into our city campus is, “Wow! Is this a University campus or a five-star hotel?” We would like to say, BOTH! Your classrooms, learning resource centre, kitchens, laboratories and everything else has been specifically designed to immerse you in the Hospitality, Tourism and Services industry. Hence, the swanky look and feel for the campus environment.
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality Awards and Recognitions
BERJAYA UCH is recognised through numerous awards and accolades that include:
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2011 for ‘Hospitality Education Excellence’
- BrandLaureate-SMEs Chapter Awards 2010 for the ‘Best Brands in Education-Tourism, Hospitality, Culinary & Retail Education’
- World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) Recognition of Quality Culinary Education 2011
- Doctorjob’s Students’ Choice Awards by GTI Media
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2011 for ‘Hospitality Education Excellence’
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2013-2015 for HAPA Hospitality Education Institution Culinary Excellence
- The Chief Operating Officer of BERJAYA UCH, Madam Mae Ho was awarded ‘Most Promising Entrepreneurship Award Winner’ in APEA 2011.
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality Recognition & Achievements from 2009 – Present
At BERJAYA UCH, you will discover that the drive to ‘win’ is often rewarded quickly. Even before they graduate, many of your peers would have become award-winning talents through the many competitions we participate in and win!
- Culinaire Malaysia 2009: 1 Silver and 2 Bronze medals
- Norwegian Salmon Challenge 2010: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- 1 World Culture International Student’s Cultural Festival 2010: 2nd place in Culture Dance competition
- MONIN Cup 2010: Champion for Mocktail category; 1st Runner-up for Cocktail category
- GAS PETRONAS Battle of the Chefs 2011: 1 Bronze medal
- Le Tour De Fruit 2011: 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze medals
- HOFEX- Hong Kong International Culinary Competition 2011: 3 Silver and 3 Bronze medals
- Battle of the Chefs 2011 Penang: 1 Gold and 1 Silver medals, 1 Diploma
- Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) Young Chef Pencil Box Culinary Challenge 2011: 2nd Runner Up
- MONIN Cup 2011: Champion, 1st and 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category; 2nd Runner-up
- Culinaire Malaysia 2011: Most Outstanding Apprentice Award, 8 Silver and 9 Bronze medals, 2 Diplomas
- FHC International Culinary Arts Competition, Shanghai 2011: 1 Bronze medal
- Spritzer Sparkling Sparkler Mocktail Competition 2011: 1 Gold and 1 Silver medals
- “NEW ZEALAND WEEK- FOOD FOR THOUGHT” Culinary Competition: Champion
- Penang Chefs Challenge 2012: 5 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze medals
- MAH Penang Chapter Hospitality Challenge 2012: 1 Bronze medal
- Korea International Food Fair 2012: 5 Bronze medals
- MONIN Cup 2012: 1st Runner-up for both Cocktail and Mocktail categories
- Asian Culinary Challenge of IKIP 2013: 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 1 Bronze medals, 1 Diploma
- HOFEX Hong Kong International Culinary Classic 2013: 3 Silver medals
- Battle of the Chefs 2013 Penang: 2 Silver and 4 Bronze medals, 1 Diploma,
- Battle of the Baristas 2013: 3rd Runner-up
- MONIN Cup 2013: Champion for Mocktail and Flairing categories, 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category
- Culinaire Malaysia 2013: Most Outstanding Apprentice Award, Most Outstanding Team in Catering Services Award, Best of the Best for Table Setting, 3 Gold and 4 Silver medals
- Young Chef Challenge (by the Embassy of Sweden Kuala Lumpur): 2nd Runner Up
- Ultimate MONIN Creative Coffee Cup 2013: Champion
- Nestle Professional Culinary Arts Award: 1st Runner-up
- 8th Salon Culinary 2014 Bali: 1 Silver medal
- Battle of Baristas Championship (BOBC) 2014: Champion, 2nd and 3rd Runner-up
- MONIN Cup 2014: Champion and 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category, Champion for Mocktail Category
- International 2014 MICE Destination Marketing Contest: 2nd Runner-up for Engaging Visitor Category
- MONIN Cup Asia Pacific 2014: Representative of Malaysia
- Battle of the Chefs 2014: 10 Silver and 3 Bronze medals