Top Diploma In Events Management Programme in Malaysia at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality (BERJAYA UCH)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Located in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Berjaya University College of Hospitality is popular in Malaysia for its hospitality and event management courses. Supported by excellent facilities, students will learn in one of the best environments for event management diploma and degree programmes in Malaysia.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 3 credits including the relevant subjects may enter the Diploma in Events Management for 2 years before continuing on to Year 2 of the Bachelor of Events Management (Honours) programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality.
For a personalised advise on how to choose the right course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Diploma In Events Management Programme offered at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
The Diploma in Events Management programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality aims to equip students with the essential knowledge and skills needed to develop into a highly competent professional that excels in the event industry. The programme is designed with sound theoretical and practical courses to provide the students with the necessary to succeed in the exciting world of events.
Why choose the Diploma in Events Management at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality?
- Awarded as the Cluster leader for Events Management in Malaysia under the Malaysian Centre for Tourism & Hospitality Education (MyCenTHE).
- Dedicated academic team with industry experience and specialized skill and knowledge to impart knowledge to students
- Experiential learning through the Berjaya Immersion Methodology by learning from practical activities
What to expect from the Diploma in Events Management at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality?
During the course of the programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality, you will be involved in practical work and training such as designing and staging events, learning through educational field trips at interesting event venues and even attending and participating in events as well. You will obtain guidance not only from lecturers but also from invited industry players of established event companies.
Year 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Events Management
- Windows into Hospitality and Tourism
- The Event Industry
- Personal Development Skills 1
- Fundamentals of MICE
- Computer Application in Hospitality
- Hospitality Support Services for Events
- Art of Event Design
- Personal Development Skills 2
- Introductory Economics
- English for Academic Purpose
- Event Planning 1
- Introduction to Special Events
- Personal Development Skills 3
- Hospitality and Tourism Marketing Management
- Customer Relationship Management
Year 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Events Management
- Event Planning 2
- Project Management for Events
- Introduction to Convention Sales
- Event Project Work
- Introduction to Integrated Marketing
- Introduction to Legal Issues in Events
- Business Ethnics and Corporate Citizenship
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Human Capital Management
Professional Work Placement Programme
You will undergo a semester of comprehensive training that is specially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment in the events industry.
About BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
Founded in 2009 by a successful self-made international entrepreneur named Tan Sri Dato’ Vincent Tan,
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality embodies his legacy of success and tenacity in preparing you for a flourishing career in the Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary and Services industries – all areas in which the Berjaya Corporation Berhad has track records for success and international acclaim.
In fact, you will be able to leverage on the Berjaya Corporation Berhad’s corporate diversity as a global conglomerate with involvements in:
- Property and construction
- Hotels and resorts
- Investment holdings
- Food and beverages
- Industrial businesses
Teaching & Learning at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
At BERJAYA University College of Hospitality, our commitment towards professional excellence focuses on ‘human development’, attention to detail in teaching and learning that are unique qualities which differentiate us from the rest. The University College has an integrated classroom-community space for students to learn and apply their knowledge and skills in real-life situations, which is what we call the BERJAYA Immersion Methodology. A significant part of this approach depends greatly on the innovative academic curriculum, delivered both inside and outside of the classrooms, which are both academic and career-focused, and is based on the ‘Learning by Doing’ principle. This approach educates our students to think critically, communicate effectively, work productively and manage professionally right from the day they start with us.
Closing the gap between student’s qualifications and industry needs, BERJAYA UCH pays particular
attention on opportunities for quality industrial work placements for the students. The support of the Berjaya Group of Companies plays an integral part on industry placements with their local and international Hotels, Resorts and Clubs providing a platform for students to gain placement and exposures, thereby enhancing their skills and knowledge in a global environment. The students also get first priority to fill up permanent positions within the subsidiaries of the group.
Since its inception in 2008, BERJAYA UCH has established strategic partnerships with recognised professional and academic institutions of higher learning from UK, USA, Australia, Europe and South Korea who are forerunners in areas of Hospitality, Culinary Arts, Tourism, Retail and Event Management. These collaborations include future developments in the areas of curriculum development, licensing of academic programmes, staff-student exchanges and research opportunities.
True to our vision and commitment of inspiring lives and widening horizons, BERJAYA UCH aims to be an institution with ‘people and places’ with regional branches campuses and articulation arrangements in various parts of the world. We value engagement with education and industry partners, and the various communities we serve. We invite individuals to come as students and leave as professionals.
State-of-the-Art Facilities at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
BERJAYA UCH’s cosmopolitan city campus is situated within the golden triangle in Berjaya Times Square.
Students will benefit from the integrated learning experience gained from the hospitality, tourism and service-related businesses within and surrounding the city campus. The city campus, totaling approximately 100,000 square feet, is located on the 11th (West Wing) consisting mainly the administrative offices and learning areas; and 14th (East Wing) comprises the culinary and restaurant facilities for the School of Culinary Arts.
BERJAYA UCH had you in mind when they designed their campus. From the culinary studios, to the boardroom, to the custom-built housekeeping suites, BERJAYA UCH’s facilities are customised to help teach students by immersing themselves into a realistically simulated environment.
BERJAYA UCH encompasses the hardware of complete infrastructure with state-of-the-art facilities which
include high-tech lecture theatres, classrooms and seminar rooms, conference room, learning and resource centre, housekeeping suite, travel bureau, dedicated computer laboratories with the latest software, fully equipped preparation, production and pastry kitchens, bakery, culinary studio, culinary theatre, show kitchen, fine dining restaurant, cafÃ©, culinary museum, coffee and tea academy, oenology laboratory and chocolate and sugar artistry laboratory among others.
The usual comment when guests step into our city campus is, “Wow! Is this a University campus or a five-star hotel?” We would like to say, BOTH! Your classrooms, learning resource centre, kitchens, laboratories and everything else has been specifically designed to immerse you in the Hospitality, Tourism and Services industry. Hence, the swanky look and feel for the campus environment.
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality Awards and Recognitions
BERJAYA UCH is recognised through numerous awards and accolades that include:
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2011 for ‘Hospitality Education Excellence’
- BrandLaureate-SMEs Chapter Awards 2010 for the ‘Best Brands in Education-Tourism, Hospitality, Culinary & Retail Education’
- World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) Recognition of Quality Culinary Education 2011
- Doctorjob’s Students’ Choice Awards by GTI Media
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2011 for ‘Hospitality Education Excellence’
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2013-2015 for HAPA Hospitality Education Institution Culinary Excellence
- The Chief Operating Officer of BERJAYA UCH, Madam Mae Ho was awarded ‘Most Promising Entrepreneurship Award Winner’ in APEA 2011.
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality Recognition & Achievements from 2009 – Present
At BERJAYA UCH, you will discover that the drive to ‘win’ is often rewarded quickly. Even before they graduate, many of your peers would have become award-winning talents through the many competitions we participate in and win!
- Culinaire Malaysia 2009: 1 Silver and 2 Bronze medals
- Norwegian Salmon Challenge 2010: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- 1 World Culture International Student’s Cultural Festival 2010: 2nd place in Culture Dance competition
- MONIN Cup 2010: Champion for Mocktail category; 1st Runner-up for Cocktail category
- GAS PETRONAS Battle of the Chefs 2011: 1 Bronze medal
- Le Tour De Fruit 2011: 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze medals
- HOFEX- Hong Kong International Culinary Competition 2011: 3 Silver and 3 Bronze medals
- Battle of the Chefs 2011 Penang: 1 Gold and 1 Silver medals, 1 Diploma
- Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) Young Chef Pencil Box Culinary Challenge 2011: 2nd Runner Up
- MONIN Cup 2011: Champion, 1st and 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category; 2nd Runner-up
- Culinaire Malaysia 2011: Most Outstanding Apprentice Award, 8 Silver and 9 Bronze medals, 2 Diplomas
- FHC International Culinary Arts Competition, Shanghai 2011: 1 Bronze medal
- Spritzer Sparkling Sparkler Mocktail Competition 2011: 1 Gold and 1 Silver medals
- “NEW ZEALAND WEEK- FOOD FOR THOUGHT” Culinary Competition: Champion
- Penang Chefs Challenge 2012: 5 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze medals
- MAH Penang Chapter Hospitality Challenge 2012: 1 Bronze medal
- Korea International Food Fair 2012: 5 Bronze medals
- MONIN Cup 2012: 1st Runner-up for both Cocktail and Mocktail categories
- Asian Culinary Challenge of IKIP 2013: 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 1 Bronze medals, 1 Diploma
- HOFEX Hong Kong International Culinary Classic 2013: 3 Silver medals
- Battle of the Chefs 2013 Penang: 2 Silver and 4 Bronze medals, 1 Diploma,
- Battle of the Baristas 2013: 3rd Runner-up
- MONIN Cup 2013: Champion for Mocktail and Flairing categories, 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category
- Culinaire Malaysia 2013: Most Outstanding Apprentice Award, Most Outstanding Team in Catering Services Award, Best of the Best for Table Setting, 3 Gold and 4 Silver medals
- Young Chef Challenge (by the Embassy of Sweden Kuala Lumpur): 2nd Runner Up
- Ultimate MONIN Creative Coffee Cup 2013: Champion
- Nestle Professional Culinary Arts Award: 1st Runner-up
- 8th Salon Culinary 2014 Bali: 1 Silver medal
- Battle of Baristas Championship (BOBC) 2014: Champion, 2nd and 3rd Runner-up
- MONIN Cup 2014: Champion and 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category, Champion for Mocktail Category
- International 2014 MICE Destination Marketing Contest: 2nd Runner-up for Engaging Visitor Category
- MONIN Cup Asia Pacific 2014: Representative of Malaysia
- Battle of the Chefs 2014: 10 Silver and 3 Bronze medals