Top Dual Award Diploma in International Hotel Management Course in Malaysia at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure that they want a career in the vibrant hotel industry can choose to study the Diploma in International Hotel Management at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Utropolis Glenmarie. Students will need at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels to join the 2-year diploma.
Upon completion of the Diploma, students can continue on to the Bachelor of Hospitality Management (Hons) at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU. This is a dual award programme, students who complete this programme would be awarded parchments from University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU Utropolis Glenmarie and IMI University Centre, Switzerland.
For a personalised advise on how to choose the right course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Diploma in International Hotel Management at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU
With this Diploma in International Hotel Management at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, you will enjoy a solid foundation in hospitality studies before progressing onto a degree course. The syllabus provides you with a good balance between the theoretical and practical aspects of management in the hospitality industry.
Your lecturers are from various nationalities and you also benefit from regular interaction with visiting professors in guest lectures and seminars. The modern management techniques in this course will ensure all the right doors are open for you!
The Diploma in International Hotel Management programme provides students with a solid foundation in hospitality studies before progressing onto a degree course. With a syllabus that strikes the perfect balance between theoretical and practical aspects of management in the hospitality industry, students benefit from seminars and classes conducted by lecturers from all over the world. Upon completion of the programme, students have the option of obtaining a parchment from IMI University Centre in Switzerland.
Course Outline for the Diploma in International Hotel Management at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU
Year 1 Subjects for the Diploma in International Hotel Management
- Beverage Studies
- Dining Room Service
- Food Nutrition
- Front Office Management
- Hospitality & Tourism Geography
- Housekeeping Management
- Introduction to Food Production
- Introduction to Patisserie Skills
- Menu Design & Development
- Personal Development Planning
- Tertiary English 1
- The Hospitality Industry
Year 1 Subjects for the Diploma in International Hotel Management
- Cultural Studies
- Financial Management for Hospitality & Tourism
- Food & Beverage Costing
- Hospitality Entrepreneurship
- Hospitality Information Technology
- Introductory French
- Marketing & E-Commerce for Hospitality & Tourism
- Management of Food & Beverage Project
- Supervision for the Hospitality Industry
- Tertiary English 2
- Industrial Placement
The Best Culinary Arts & Hospitality Courses at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU
The global hospitality, tourism and culinary arts industries are dynamic and constantly evolving. It is among the world’s largest and fastest growing industries, offering boundless opportunities for ambitious students who enjoy working with people and in a range of exciting environments, be it locally or internationally.
At UOWM KDU, students will find the blend of true hospitality, tourism and culinary subjects taught in specialised facilities that mirror state-of-the-art, real world environments. Our range of programmes ensure that students emerge as excellent, well-rounded graduates, armed with a combination of knowledge and skills that are in high demand with employers.
Together with lecturers who carry both industry and academic experiences, we constantly push boundaries
to ensure our students learn from the best. UOWM KDU is the only institution to offer molecular cooking as a compulsory subject in our culinary programmes, in addition to launching the first-ever culinary book that applies molecular cooking techniques in Malaysian recipes.
UOWM KDU is also no stranger to the competitive culinary scene, with lecturers and students excelling in competitions both locally and internationally.
UOWM KDU is also internationally recognised, garnering the World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) Recognition of Quality Culinary Education as well as accreditation from The International Centre of Excellence in Tourism and Hospitality Education (THE-ICE) as an Associate Member.
96% EMPLOYED UPON GRADUATION
Upon graduation, our students are employed in renowned hotels and service related industries, with 30% obtaining employment overseas.
PRACTICAL PROGRAMMES FOR THE REAL WORLD
Our programmes are taught by the best in the industry with more than 50% of our curriculum emphasising hands-on practice In addition, our Industry Advisory Board is made up of top-tier management from the industry.
13 kitchens cover 65,000sf with ample space for niche studies in molecular gastronomy, wine, chocolate and coffee, and charcuterie. There are also realistic mock hospitality training facilities, as well as student-run restaurants.
INTERNATIONAL RESIDENT AND STUDENT-EXCHANGE PROGRAMME
Students at degree level have the option of participating in a 2-week resident programme at IMI University Centre (Switzerland), as well as a student-exchange programme in France at local fee.
IMI University Centre Switzerland – Partner for the School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU
University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts (SHTCA) was founded in
1987, and with over 27 years of history, the school is the only Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts School in Malaysia that offers a complete Swiss experience through its collaboration with IMI University Centre switzerland.
Its partnership with the IMI University Centre Switzerland enables the school to offer IMI programmes in Malaysia, without students having to go abroad. One of the unique features of the UOWM KDU-IMI programmes is the exposure to industry placement in reputable local or international hotels and restaurants where practical skills are enhanced in real life-situations.
IMI University Centre Switzerland is a unique, private, International Management Institute founded in 1991. Students at IMI can be assured of a highly personalised and individual approach to their learning. A qualification from IMI is a stamp of excellence on any curriculum vitae and will ensure that students are top of the pile for first important interviews.
IMI University Centre Switzerland and University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU has definitely come a long way, combining quality academic teaching, practical training, excellent industry placements, and international exposure, all a recipe for success.
Top Notch Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts Facilities at University of Wollongong Malaysia (UOWM) KDU
With industry standard mock-up suites, coffee labs and dining outlets, including a fine dining restaurant, students are able to experience their future working environments while being on campus.
- Equatorial Mock Suite- Industry standard mock suites for realistic hands-on training.
- Café 8ighty 7even by Coffex – Of cosy settings and freshly brewed coffee steaming in the air by the hands of our versatile students.
- Atelier – Hot Kitchen – Students get into action in the hot kitchen, giving them a taste of life in the industry.
- Culinary Lecture Theatre – Top notch facilities equipped in the theatre allows for in-class demonstrations.
- Dewakan – Fine Dining Restaurant – Equipped with elegant finishes, Dewakan is an educational
entrepreneurial initiative by KDU.
- Avant – Molecular Kitchen – At Avant, students utilise the latest equipment in learning the art of molecular cooking.
- Charcuterie – Butchery Kitchen – At Charcuterie, students learn and master the techniques and skills to create various deli products.
- Mirabelle – Training Restaurant – At Mirabelle, students run everything from scratch while serving real customers and countering real-time situations.
- Saveur – Training Restaurant – Built to mimic a true fine dining restaurant, students are given real practice at Saveur.
- Artisanat – Kitchen Artistry Room – At Artisanat, our students are trained to master the most delicate of arts.
- Glace – Ice Carvery – At Glace, students are taught first hand on the art of ice carving.
- Boulangerie – Bakery Kitchen – KDU students are synonymous with the fluffy bread and pastries they produce here at the Boulangerie.
- Bacchus – Wine Lab – Students are given a holistic education complemented with our state-of-the-art facilities inclusive of a wine tasting lab.