First Rate Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation at Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. WhatsApp 01111408838 for Best Advise
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 3 credits in the relevant subjects may enter the MQA Accredited Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation course at the affordable Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya. Upon completion of the recognised Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation, students may continue on to a related degree programme at the Award-Winning Faculty of Creative Multimedia at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya. MMU are taught by qualified lecturers with industry experience therefore their graduates have a high employability rate.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Excellent Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Course in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
This two-and-a-half-year programme Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation course at the affordable Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya. is a university-industry collaboration programme. It focuses on knowledge and skills development that integrates academic studies with an extensive mixture of creative 3D animation tools and new media technology.
The syllabus is designed to enable students to complete 3D animation projects that showcase their skills and create a professional portfolio.
Upon completion of the Diploma programme, you can opt for a related Degree programme from the Faculty of Creative Multimedia.
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Advertising Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Animation
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Interface Design
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Media Arts
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons) Virtual Reality
- Bachelor of Multimedia (Hons.) Visual Effects
- Bachelor of Cinematic Arts (Hons)
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best courses in Multimedia, Animation, Visual Effects & Interface Design in Malaysia.
Therefore, it is undeniably the best university in Malaysia for students to study the Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation course that’s also affordable. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Diploma as well as the degree programmes. Furthermore, 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation.
PROGRAMME EDUCATION OBJECTIVES
- To develop independent, innovative content designers, with the ability to identify problems and provide solutions for the creative industries.
- To produce technically competent content designers with strong fundamental understanding and ability to adapt to any creative production workflow.
- To cultivate enterprising graduates with the ability to create competitive Intellectual Property to stimulate the growth of creative industry.
- Ability to acquire and apply design principles
- Acquisition of technical competence in areas of 3D animation
- Adhere to guidance and directions with minimum supervision
- Integrate professionalism and commitment while working collaboratively
- Able to communicate effectively through presentation skills
- Able to solve technical problems innovatively through exploration
- Able to motivate self-development within the 3D Animation industry
- Able to be an enterprising multimedia content designer
Asset Modeller, Texture and Lighting Artist, Technical Artist, 3D Visualizer, Game Developer, Game Level Designer 3D Environment Artist, Simulation Artist, VR Walk-through Expert, User Experience Designer, Interaction Designer, Programmer, System Analyst, Project managers, 3D Animator, Storyboard Artist, Lighting & Rendering Artist, Compositor, Layout Artist, FX Artist, Production Designer, 3D Artist, Graphic Designer, 3D Game Designer, Video Editor, Sound Designer, Digital Artist, Mobile App Designer, Photographer, Videographer, Motion Capture Artist.
Creative & Multimedia Arts at MMU
If you have your passion set on a career in creative multimedia and cinematic arts, MMU is the university for you. MMU offers award-winning, practical and industry-ready degrees that will allow you to make a real and lasting impact in the creative field.
MMU seeks to empower their students with expertise and knowledge, and the university is committed to an active and dynamic learning environment that will enhance your depth and perception as well as employability. Both MMU’s Faculties of Creative Multimedia and Cinematic Arts incorporate constantly updated syllabi originating from reputable institutions across the world as well as their own R&D experts to properly reflect new knowledge and discoveries.
Half of MMU full-time academic staff are international lecturers, along with guest lecturers from Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Singapore who will be able to impart real-life experience to your learning. As part of MSC Malaysia, they utilise cutting-edge innovative technologies to keep you up-to-theminute with current and future industry needs
Why Study Creative Multimedia & Cinematic Arts at MMU
- The first university structured towards the digital creative content industry
- The only SEA university to collaborate with USC (University of Southern California) to conduct a Cinematic Arts Degree
- The only private university in Malaysia to offer a major in Virtual Reality
- Award-winning local and international lecturers and mentors with more than100 international awards
- Excellent industry exposure for students with industry experts as panel assessors for student projects
- Cutting-edge technology programmes (HTC Vive, Surface Studio, Nuke and Kinect)
- MMU’s student films have been exhibited in prominent film festivals in Malaysia and internationally
- An industry pioneer that allows students to explore new frontiers in design technology
- Active participation in industry workshops, competitions and more than 10 major industry showcases a year have resulted in numerous student awards
- Experience final year abroad via articulation programme
Entry Requirements for the Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Pass SPM/O-Level or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C in at least three (3) subjects; OR
- Pass UEC with a minimum of Grade B in at least three (3) subjects; OR
- Pass in STPM or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in at least one (1) subject; OR
- Pass in STAM with Grade Maqbul (Pass); OR
- Recognised Creative Multimedia Certificate or its equivalent; OR
- Recognised related Technical and Vocational Certificate or its equivalent with one (1) year relevant work experience or one (1) semester bridging programme; OR
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level 3 and Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with at least 1 credit.
List of Subjects offered in the Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation at the Faculty of Creative Multimedia at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
Trimester 1 Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Subjects at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- 3D Modelling
- Internet Application
- Drawing Fundamental
- Computer Graphics 1
Trimester 2 Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Subjects at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Animation Foundation
- Motion Graphics Application
- Digital Animation 1
- Digital Photography
- Design Fundamental
- Computer Graphics 2
Trimester 3 Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Subjects at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Basic Academic Writing
Trimester 4 Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Subjects at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Animation Design 1
- Digital Animation 2
- Digital Sound Production
- Video Production Process
- Digital Storyboarding
- Design Appreciation
Trimester 5 Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Subjects at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Animation Design 2
- 3D Character Setup
- Motion Capture
- 3D Rendering & Compositing
- Family and Society in Malaysia
Trimester 6 Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Subjects at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Industrial Training
Trimester 7 Diploma in 3D Modelling & Animation Subjects at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- 3D Modelling &
- Animation Project
- Contemporary Malaysian Art
- Corporate Identity
- Diagram Design
- Project Management
- Digital Audio and Video
A UNIVERSITY THAT IS AN INDUSTRY TRENDSETTER
- MMU offers programmes which are tailored to the industry’s needs.
- Nearly 50% of MMU’s programmes are developed for fast growing industries.
- MMU produces graduates who are setting new standards in Malaysia’s industries. Among our successful alumni are Mohd Nizam Abd Razak (the creator of BoBoiBoy, who has boosted the animation industry in Malaysia), Muhammad Usamah Zaid Yasin (Founder & Executive Director of Wau Animation that produces Ejen Ali), Tan Aik Keong (Director of Agmo Studio, a multi-award winning mobile app development company), Ko Chuan Zhen (CEO and co-founder of Plus Solar Systems, a multi-award winning clean energy company in Malaysia) and many more.
The Best Reasons to Study Creative Multimedia & Cinematic Arts at Multimedia University (MMU)
Being part of the Multimedia Super Corridor (now known as MSC Malaysia), the Faculty of Creative Multimedia (FCM) at Multimedia University (MMU) was part of the initial initiative to be a pioneer in developing creative talents who are techno-savvy and innovative. FCM is the first faculty that was structured to target our degrees towards the digital creative content industry.
MMU alumni has changed the landscape of our Creative Industry in Malaysia through producing strong and memorable digital content for various fields and purpose. They are truly pioneers!
Great Learning Environment
Multimedia University (MMU) FCM students are exposed to active and dynamic learning environments. The majority of classes are hands-on project based, some of which are 100% coursework. Being in the creative industry, having a good portfolio is as important as having a great CGPA. Therefore, MMU encourage their students to do projects that can provide evidence of their skill and knowledge in design and technology.
Multimedia University (MMU) students are exposed to in-depth industrial know-how and processes that allow them to immerse themselves into the real-world of digital creative content creation. MMU lecturers are highly experience practitioners who have their own industry and community reputation. MMU work closely with the Malaysian Creative Industries and companies that will be looking for top quality graduates at the end of their programmes.
High Employability Rate for Multimedia University (MMU) Graduates
From the Tracer studies conducted by MOHE in 2015, MMU’s Faculty of Creative Multimedia graduates have managed to garner over 90% employability rate (after 6 months upon graduation). Multimedia University is proud to be constantly able to reach this high employability rate.
*MOHE 2015 Tracer studies
Industry Leaders in Creative Multimedia in Malaysia
Many of Multimedia University (MMU) alumni have managed to become innovators and industrial leaders on their own. Well-known companies in the Creative Industries like Animonsta, Giggle Garage, Media Hustler, Manggis Production, Glue Studios, MotioFixo, The Incitement, Candidsyndrome International, Chain FX, DA Huang Pictures, Mira Digital and others, are founded and co-founded by MMU graduates. Multimedia University’s programmes not only instils the students with the creative knowledge and skills to become content creators but entrepreneurs and industry leaders.
Well Balanced Education Structure
At Faculty of Creative Multimedia, MMU boasts a well-balanced learning structure that provides strong hands-on experience as well as good understanding of the fundamentals of the field and industry. The team of lecturers work closely with students to develop confidence and know-how in the respective industries. Multimedia University is committed to ignite your passion in creating digital content!
Awards & Recognition At Faculty of Creative Multimedia MMU Cyberjaya
Over the years, Faculty of Creative Multimedia MMU staff and students have constantly won numerous awards in animation, film, media arts, advertising, product design, virtual reality, photography, design, education, knowledge management and others. This is the testament of our commitment and quality of work.
Financial Assistance at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) is the Malaysian government body offering national educational loan for Malaysian students enrolling for Foundation, Diploma and Degree programmes. Amount of the loan is subject to PTPTN’s approval . PTPN Loan is available for Foundation programmes at Multimedia University (MMU).
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) or 1Malaysia Education Caring Scheme is additional financial assistance to deserving students to pursue quality degree qualifications in identified disciplines and courses. This additional financial assistance will act as a top-up fund to their existing fun or scholarship.
- Scholarships are available to deserving students.
Facilities for Creative Multimedia Students at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
The I-SPACE serves as a dynamic and energized hub for FCM’s creative and technology talents. The space bring together faculty academics, researchers (research assistants, research officers, postgraduate research students) and industry specialists to explore, experiment, develop, validate and translate new ideas into multimedia technologies, products and services.
Currently occupied by the Centre of Islamic Digital Application and Content, I-SPACE encourage R&D collaboration that focuses on applying new media technologies from the creative multimedia research community to problems in industry and commerce. Our R&D partners include ITHMAR, from the Imam Muhammad Ibnu Saud Islamic University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Islamic Arts Museum, Kuala Lumpur and Telekom Malaysia.
By providing a vibrant and supportive environment for R&D, with tools and technologies seamlessly integrate physical and virtual spaces, I-SPACE has promoted, nurtured and supported a creative, and innovative community of researchers in the faculty.
Electronic Theatre is a cinematic hall equipped with audio and video facilities for screening and lecture purposes. The E-Theatre boasts full HD 3D stereoscopy viewing capabilities and is furnished with comfortable tiered seating rivalling cinemas. The theatre is able to accommodate up to 300 students comfortably, and is frequently used for showcases, screenings and lectures.
Faculty of Creative Multimedia MMU Cyberjaya Labs & Studios
Our labs and studios are fun and exciting spaces where students are pushed to meet the challenges of the future. Students are encouraged to experiment with an array of electronic hardware and software devices to hone their own creativity.
A conducive workplace for students to enhance their creative thinking skills and carry out design projects and assignments.
PCs equipped here have the capability to develop high-resolution computer graphic images, thus installed with professional graphic and image editing software tools like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Macromedia Freehand and Macromedia Fireworks. The PCs are also linked to the internet and intranet.
Media Arts Living Lab
Media Arts Living Laboratory (MALL) is an infrastructure, research concept, experimental and experience gallery. MALL function as a meeting place of researchers on multidisciplinary field (media, art, technology, interaction design etc) and also a studio space for media arts students and staff in exploration of new media technology and experiential learning.
Set and Background Studio
A physical studio with blue screen and motion capture facilities for a virtual studio set-up.
This is where students create complex 3D objects using high-end computers and tools such as 3D Studio Max, AutoCAD, Maya and Softimage.
These labs contain specialised facilities comprising of hardware and software intended for high-end 3D animation purposes.
Rapid Prototyping Labs
The Rapid Prototyping Labs consist of Computer Aided Design (CAD) facilities to produce prototype designs and mock-ups for interface design concepts.
Post production video labs also available in the faculty for high-end non-linear editing.
These labs are used for creating and editing digital sound and are equipped with Workstations with leading audio software tools.
Virtual Reality Lab
Digital Imaging Lab
E- Gallery at the Faculty of Creative Multimedia, MMU Cyberjaya
The faculty’s Gallery is an elegant exhibition space which is home to distinguished artwork and installations by students, alumni and staff. The Gallery is frequently used for event launches and its content is constantly changing due to the various showcases and exhibitions.