Top University in Malaysia for Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture at Taylor’s University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Taylor’s University 3½-year Interior Architecture degree programme is a pre-professional programme that provides a recognised qualification in Interior Architecture, which is necessary in the journey to become a Registered Interior Designer. Professionally accredited by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM), the programme is developed in-line with the guidelines of LAM or Board of Architects Malaysia and appraised under the same rigour as the Architecture programme.
Taylor’s University is ranked Top 3 in Malaysia according to QS World University Ranking for Art & Design. Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study interior architecture.
Students with 3 credits may go for the Diploma in Interior Design for 2 years and then enter Year 2 of the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture. In addition students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Design for 1 year before continuing on to the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture. Students who are unsure of design as a career path may go for the Foundation in Arts at Taylor’s University and then enter the Interior Architecture degree.
For more information WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Ranked Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture Programme at Taylor’s University in Malaysia
Taylor’s 3½-year Interior Architecture degree programme is a pre-professional programme that provides a recognised qualification in Interior Architecture, which is necessary in the journey to become a Registered Interior Designer. Professionally accrediated by Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM), the programme is developed in-line with the guidelines of LAM or Board of Architects Malaysia and appraised under the same rigour as the Architecture programme.
Taylor’s students will experience a thorough education to Interior Architecture and gain valuable industry exposure through lecture series, external design reviews, field trips, site visits and the option to participate in international study trips. The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture programme at Taylor’s University also includes a 6-month internship locally or abroad, to develop better understanding of the industry through real-life experience and first-hand practice in the field.
Programme Structure for the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Interior Architecture programme at Taylor’s University
YEAR 1 Subjects for the Interior Architecture Degree at Taylor’s University
- Introduction to Interior Design Projects
- Construction & Technology
- Design Communication
- Materials & Finishes
- MPU (U1) – Module 1*
- Building Science & Services
- CAD 2D
- Environmental Psychology
- Historical Influences on Interior Design I
- Interior Design Projects I
- MPU (U1) – Module 2*
YEAR 2 Subjects for the Interior Architecture Degree at Taylor’s University
- CAD 3D
- Detailing & Working Drawings
- Historical Influences on Interior Design II
- Interior Design Projects II
- MPU (U2)*
- Interior Design Projects III
- Contemporaries Design Theories
- Furniture Design
- Research Methodology
- MPU (U3)*
YEAR 3 Subjects for the Interior Architecture Degree at Taylor’s University
- Practicum (6 months)
- Reflective Practice: Documentation
- Design Methods
- Advanced Interior Design Practice I
- Design Proposition
- Interior Design Professional Practice I
- MPU (U4)*
YEAR 4 Subjects for the Interior Architecture Degree at Taylor’s University
- Advanced Interior Design Practice II
- Design Realisation
- Interior Design Professional Practice II
The Best Design Facilities at Taylor’s University
Award-Winning Design School at Taylor’s University
- Top 3 in Malaysia according to QS World University Ranking for Art & Design
- Wood Pencil Winners (New Blood Category), D&AD Awards, London 2015
- Bronze Winners, Kancil Student Awards 2014
- 2 First Prizes – Ancient Herbs Branding Competition
- 1st Prize – Young Talent Category Malaysian International Furniture Fair (MIFF) Furniture Design Competition
- Gus Yap Hock Sin, B.A. (Hons) Interior Architecture was one of two students chosen to represent Malaysia at the iSaloni International Furniture Exhibition in Milan, Italy
- 1st Prize – Hyundai Rev-It-Up Challenge Take 2 TV Commercial Competition
- 3rd Prize – Ideation Award, Malaysia
- Institution of SPADE Awards 2012
- Gold, Silver & Bronze Awards as well as a Honorary Mention – Corporate Category
- 1 Gold Award – Exhibition & Retail Category
- 1 Silver Award – Commercial Category
- Interior Design Confederation of Singapore (IDCS) SPADE Awards
- Shortlisted as top 10 Best Video at BMW Shorties
- 1st Prize – Residential Design
- 2nd Prize – Institutional Design
- 3rd Prize – Montage Design
- MSID 5Belas Interior Design Competition
- Best Use of Character Award Kuala Lumpur 48 Hour Film Project: The No Idea Production team won with their short film ‘Escape’
- IDCS SPADE Best Design Award 2011
- 3 Golds – Design Project Concept, Spatial Design & Planning and Creative Lighting Application
- 4 Silvers – Design Project Concept, Creative Material Application, Spatial Design & Planning, and Creative Lighting Application
- 1 Bronze – Spatial Design & Planning
- Honorary Mention – Creative Material Application
- Awards in 4 out of 5 categories at the Interior Design Confederation of Singapore (IDCS) SPADE Awards
- Overall winner and 4 Awards MSID 4Belas Interior Design Competition
Industry Exposure for Design Students at Taylor’s University
Students engage in strategic collaborations with industry leaders to effectively understand, analyse, communicate and present creative and complex design solutions that address and solve real-world challenges faced by organisations.
This provides them with first-hand insight and exposure to the industry. Over the years, students have worked on several projects with various organisations including:
- Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia
- IKEA Malaysia
- Leo Burnett Malaysia
- Hyundai Sime Darby Malaysia
- Rip Curl Malaysia
- Roar Studio Sdn. Bhd
- Bank Negara Art Gallery & Museum
Organised throughout the academic year, the Lecture Series provides students with valuable exposure to the industry, insights into current developments and issues that may impact their future practices. These interactive sessions are conducted by leading industry professionals:
- Exploring the International Centre of Photography Triennial
Curator, International Center of Photography
- Production Pipeline of Movie Studios
Education Director, Rhythm & Hues Studios
- Sustainability, Innovation and Nanotechnology
Interior Designer, Nanocore
- The Project of Culture and Lifestyle
Arnold, Arthur and Hugh
Owners, Pestle & Mortar
- Graphic Design in Malaysia
President, Graphic Designers Association of Malaysia (wREGA)
- Graphic Design, Pop Culture and Everything in Between
Project Coordinator, CUTOUT Mag
- Copyright Law
Tai Foong Lam
President, Malaysian Chapter of the International Association for Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Drawing as Cultural Expression
- Dr. Vaughan Rees
- Senior Lecturer, School of Design, University of New South Wales, Australia
Taylor’s Design students have undergone industrial attachments with top local and multinational organisations in the creative industry, including:
- Arachnid Sdn. Bhd.
- Axis Identity Group
- BBDO (Malaysia)
- CD Advertising Sdn. Bhd.
- DB & B Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Design Tone Sdn. Bhd.
- Dumore Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Film Point Sdn. Bhd.
- IKEA Malaysia
- La Scheers Co. Concept & Design
- Leo Burnett Malaysia
- Milk Design KL
- MYC! (Salient Information Sdn. Bhd.)
- Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia
- S.I. Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Veritas Interiors Sdn. Bhd.