Best Diploma in Nursing Course to Study after SPM in Malaysia at Top MAHSA University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
MAHSA University is best known in Malaysia for their specialisation in health science courses and is the best choice to study Nursing. PTPN Loan is available for the Diploma in Nursing and the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nursing at MAHSA University. Students have access to some of the best facilities at MAHSA University’s new 48-acre campus at Bandar Saujana Putra, Selangor.
Nursing is a professional career that’s excellent for students who love biology, health sciences and an active practical work that cares for people. Nursing requires students with good communication skills and lots of love and patience to care for people who are sick. Nursing is a noble career and one that’s in demand in Malaysia and all over the world. Job opportunities are excellent for nursing graduates in Malaysia.
Students after SPM or O-Levels interested in this exciting and practical nursing course may go for the affordable and recognised Diploma in Nursing at MAHSA University before continuing on to the Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nursing degree. Students after SPM or O-Levels will need at least 5 credits to enter the 3-year Diploma in Nursing at MAHSA University. Upon completion of the top rate Diploma in Nursing, graduates may continue on into Year 2 of the recognised Nursing Degree programme at MAHSA.
The Diploma in Nursing and Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nursing at MAHSA University are approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and recognized by the Nursing Board Malaysia and Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Diploma in Nursing Programme in Malaysia at MAHSA University
MAHSA University’s Diploma in Nursing is a practical and highly sought-after 3-year programme created with the SPM-leaver in mind. Complete in every way, it is the perfect course for individuals who have a keen interest in caring for patients who are suffering from illnesses in hospitals or in medical care settings such as hospices and emergency medical centres, both in the public and private sectors.
Students will be immersed in the study of core medical subjects such as the human anatomy, biology, biochemistry, pathology, pharmacology, and safety and health standards and procedures. Additionally, they will also learn the necessary support subjects such as communication techniques, psychological support for the sick and their families, English language, and computer technology.
At the end of the programme, students will be employment-ready, as they will know how to assess and plan nursing care needs and requirements; provide essential pre-surgical and post-surgical care; monitor and administer a comprehensive list of medicines, medications and intravenous infusions and transfusions; take temperatures, pulses, blood pressures and biological samples; write and keep medical records and organise their own and others’ work duties.
Most significantly, MAHSA’s Diploma in Nursing students will know how to give invaluable emotional support and medical advice to patients and their families.
Entry Requirements for the Diploma in Nursing Programme at MAHSA University
SPM / O Level / equivalent:
- 5 Credits in Bahasa Malayu (Local Candidates) & Mathematics (Elementary/ Modern/ Additional) & Science (General Sc/Biology/Chemistry & pass in Biology/Physics & pass in Biology & 2 other subjects (Local Candidates) / 3 other subjects (International Candidates) & pass in English (Local Candidates);
- Able to converse in Bahasa Melayu;
- All candidates must be certified medically fit by a registered medical practitioner within one month from commencement of the nursing programme
- Students must not have any physical disabilities or impaired senses that hinders nursing dexterity
- Students with medical conditions such as HIV, AIDS, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, epilepsy, mental health disorders and color blindness cannot be admitted into the programme.
- Pregnancy is not allowed throughout the course
Advantages of Studying the Diploma in Nursing Programme at MAHSA University in Malaysia
- The Diploma in Nursing is designed in consultation with Nursing Board Malaysia and a panel of local and international experts, resulting in a highly sought after curriculum that combines theoretical learning and practical sessions in simulation wards and hospitals.
- Students of the Diploma in Nursing gain experience in our rather exhaustive list of panel of hospitals throughout Malaysia
- Tuition fees for the Diploma in Nursing at MAHSA University are kept at an affordable level, to ensure there are little barriers to a good quality education.
- The Diploma in Nursing at MAHSA University is approved and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and recognised by the Nursing Board Malaysia and Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
- The Diploma in Nursing is awarded by MAHSA University, a leader in Medical and Health Science Education in Malaysia
MAHSA University’s Top Rate Faculty of Nursing
MAHSA University was the first private university in Malaysia to offer all levels of academic studies in Nursing and Midwifery. The faculty consists of highly qualified professionals who are committed to help students become the best that they can be and strike a balance between theory and practice. Nursing skills are taught in our well-equipped skills laboratories and simulation wards as well as government hospitals and community health facilities in Malaysia.
All crucial clinical skills are taught under the careful guidance of lecturers. MAHSA University also provides excellent student support services such as an extensive library, mentor-mentee programme and English classes to assist students in developing their language skills. These support system are vital to enhance the learning experience of our students.
Since the year 2005, the Faculty of Nursing and Midwifery has produced over 10,000 graduates. These successful individuals have gone on to embark on promising careers in Saudi Arabia, Dubai, United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia.
Subjects for the Diploma in Nursing Programme at MAHSA University
|1||Anatomy & Physiology||NURH 1014|
|Nursing Science 1||NURS 1013|
|Psycholofy & Developmental Psychology & Sociology||NURB 1013|
|Communication, Relationship, Counselling & Professional Development||NURB 1023|
|Pharmacology 1||NURH 1021|
|Nursing Practice 1||NURP 1014|
|2||Anatomy & Physiology 2||NURH 2033|
|Mircobiology & Parasitology||NURH 2042|
|Pharmacology 2||NURH 2052|
|Nursing Science 2||NURS 2023|
|Introduction to Surgical Nursing||NURS 2032|
|Nursing Practice 2||NURP 2024|
|3||Gastrointestinal Nursing||NURS 3042|
|Cardiovascular Nursing||NURS 3052|
|Respiratory Nursing||NURS 3062|
|Autoimmune, Haemopoietic & Oncology Nursing||NURS 3072|
|Integumentary, Burns & Scaids, Fluids & Electrolyte||NURS 3082|
|Environmental Health, Epidemiology & Nutrition||NURH 3062|
|Nursing Practice 3||NURP 3034|
|4||Renal & Genitourinary Nursing||NURS 4092|
|Obstetric & Gynecological Nursing||NURS 4103|
|Paediatric Nursing||NURS 4112|
|Community Health Nursing||NURS 4122|
|Neurological & Endocrine||NURS 4132|
|Nursing Practice 4||NURP 4046|
|5||Musculoskeletal & Geriatic Nursing||NURS 5142|
|Ophthalmologic & Otorhinolaryngological Nursing||NURS 5152|
|Mental Health Nursing||NURS 5172|
|Emergency & Intensive Nursing||NURS 5162|
|Nursing Practices||NURP 5056|
|6||Nursing Management||NURB 6033|
|Nursing Management & Medico Legal Aspects||NURB 6042|
|Research & Nursing Statistics||NURB 6052|
|Nursing Practice 6||NURP 6086|