Best Diploma in Nursing Programme at UOWM KDU Penang
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
This Diploma in Nursing course at UOWM KDU Penang University College encourages the development of the knowledge, skills and professional attitudes of a registered nurse in Malaysia. Students will be exposed to the concepts of health promotion, prevention and rehabilitation through nursing care management. Different nursing procedures will be introduced to you allowing an understanding of the individual, family and illness and dealing with the person as an individual. You learn how to identify the activities of daily living to treat and prevent complications.
UOWM KDU Penang’s School of Nursing and Allied Health is famed for its 100% passing rate for their Diploma in Nursing graduates in the Nursing Board Malaysia (NBM) examination since its first graduated batch in 2010. The ever dedicated and experienced lecturers who provide unrivalled academic tutelage have definitely contributed to these excellent records.
Being a 5 star rated college by MyQuest Audit by the Malaysian Ministry of Education for 2 consecutive years, UOWM KDU Penang has always strives to provide the finest nursing education by equipping top-notch facilities such as Nursing Skills Lab, Nightingale Simulation Ward, Community Public Health Clinic and Practical room.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Study the Diploma in Nursing Course at KDU Penang University College
It clearly demonstrated that UOWM KDU Penang not only provides the fundamental nursing knowledge to its students but provide them with the essential practical skills. As the health care industry becomes increasingly complex and specialised, nursing also becomes a high-in-demand profession looking at the popularity of medical tourism in Penang Island itself.
UOWM KDU Penang University College’s School of Nursing and Allied Health reaffirmed its status as a premier faculty for producing industry sought after graduates when another batch of students were offered job placements in Singapore well before the official results were released. The future clearly looks bright for UOWM KDU Penang University College’s nursing graduates given the high demand for nurses as well as an unprecedented boom in the medical tourism industry.
To help meet the industry’s discerning needs, the School is collaborating with various prestigious hospitals in Penang and as well as other states to facilitate clinical practices in order to provide students with the right exposure to new nursing techniques.
Unique Points for KDU Penang Nursing Diploma
- Astounding track Record: We deliver results with a 100% passing rate in Nursing Board Examinations in the 10 years since we started.
- Leader in Experiential Learning: Our students go to General Hospitals for clinical posting where they can gain a wide diversity of clinical experience. This is complemented by industry standard campus facilities ensuring our graduates are adaptive, equipped to think on their feet.
- Be Equipped for an International Career. Nursing is a financially lucrative and respected international career path. At UOWM KDU Penang University College experience an international study environment alongside students from all over the world. Be equipped for an international career through experiencing different cultures while you study.
This programme encouraged the development of the knowledge, skills and professional attitudes of a registered nurse. You will be exposed to the concepts of health promotion, prevention and rehabilitation through nursing care management. Different nursing procedures will be introduced to you allowing an understanding of the individual, family and illness and dealing with the person as an individual. You learn how to identify the activities of daily living to treat and prevent complications.
Year 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Nursing at KDU Penang University College
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Microbiology, Parasitology, Immunology and Nutrition
- Fundamentals of Nursing 1
- Communication, Human and Public Relations & Counselling
- Clinical Practice 1
- Fundamentals of Nursing 2
- Medical Surgical Nursing 1
- Clinical Practice 2
Year 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Nursing at UOWM KDU Penang University College
- Professional Development & Medico-Legal in Nursing
- Medical Surgical Nursing 2
- Obstetric and Gynaecology
- Clinical Practice 3
- Medical Surgical Nursing 3
- Medical Surgical Nursing 4
- Pediatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing 1
- Clinical Practice 4
Year 3 Subjects for the Diploma in Nursing at UOWM KDU Penang University College
- Medical Surgical Nursing 5
- Community Health Nursing 2
- Mental Health Nursing
- Emergency & Critical Care Nursing
- Clinical Practice 5
- Nursing Management
- Introduction to Nursing Research & Epidemiology
- Clinical Experience 6
SPM / O Level / UEC :
5 Credits including Bahasa Melayu and Mathematics
One of any subjects in Science/Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Applied Science
One of any subjects in Science/Biology/Chemistry/Physics/Applied Science and Credit in three other subjects
All students must go for medical check-up
- Pass in English at SPM level or equivalent
- Local Sponsorship Student: Credit in English at SPM level or equivalent
If English language requirements are not fulfilled, additional English module(s) may be taken at UOW Malaysia KDU.
What Is Nursing?
Nursing refers to the act of giving care to those who are unwell, whether it is physically or mentally. Nurses play a large and crucial role in health care and are often responsible for administering medication, treating wounds, performing physical exams and tests, as well as in monitoring vital signs.
Nurses are the one who are there to help patients recover from illnesses. They provide ongoing and holistic care to those who are unwell. Nurses are also tasked to convey critical information of a patient’s symptoms and recovery to doctors.
There are a large number of fields that nurses can specialize in. Most diploma courses will let you get a feel as well as provide you the basic information of each field. Postgraduate students will allow you to choose the particular field you want to specialize in. Common fields in nursing include:
- Accident and emergency
What Will You Study In Nursing?
Nursing courses will cover subjects in the health sciences, behavioral science and nursing sciences. Subjects that you will study in UOW Malaysia KDU’s Nursing diploma program include:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Microbiology, parasitology, immunology and nutrition
- Fundamentals of nursing
- Pediatric nursing
- Nursing management
- Emergency and critical care nursing
Who Should Study Nursing?
If you are considering taking up nursing but not too sure if it is for you, here are a few traits that will help you make the decision:
- You love helping and caring for other people – Nurses are frontliners in the healthcare industry. The job will require you to tend to people who are sick and hurting. You will need to have genuine compassion for your patients to help them to recover. Sometimes, being a nurse means lending your listening ear to your patients.
- Working in a challenging and fast paced environment doesn’t faze you – Nurses need to monitor several patients at once, all this while having ro prepare patient reports, reviewing doctors’ notes and making sure that patients are comfortable. Nursing will require you to fulfil certain responsibilities but there is definitely nothing routine about being a nurse!
- You have good communication skills – You will be communicating often with doctors, fellow nurses, patients as well as their family members. Good communication skills will ensure that the information and/or instructions that are passed on are accurate. This is important as in this industry, even slight mistakes can cause grave consequences.
- You can think on your feet – Nurses often have to make crucial decisions. Medical emergencies may happen anytime, and it is the nurses who are the ones to respond if it happens under their watch.
- You are emotionally stable – Nursing can be a very rewarding career. But it can also be extremely stressful.
- Traumatic situations, suffering and death are all part and parcel of a nursing career. It is important to be able to get through heartbreaking situations without letting it affect you personally and/or stripping you of compassion and empathy for your patients.
Nursing Jobs and Career Pathways
A Nursing diploma will open up the pathway for you to work at healthcare institutions such as hospitals and clinics, research facilities as well as social organizations that help those who are sick. It is also one of the best ways to lay the foundation for a Nursing Degree from which you can pursue careers such as:
- Staff nurse
- Nurse researcher
- Nurse risk manager
- Healthcare product specialist
Since there is a great demand for nurses but locally and overseas, you will also potentially have the opportunity to work abroad if you wish.
Nursing Careers in Malaysia
The career options are aplenty and rewarding nowadays whereby one can opt to work as a registered nurse in government or private hospitals or clinics locally or overseas or choose to be a nurse specialist in many fields such as mental health, community health, neonatal intensive care, paediatric, orthopaedic, gerontology, oncology, ophthalmology, traumatology, neurosurgery, midwifery, ENT, renal, plastic, CCU, ICU nursing and operating theatre nursing as well as carry out nursing duty in areas such as being the Occupational health nurse, Nurse administrator, Nurse educator or Nurse researcher.
Throughout the programme, student nurses will be arranged for holistic clinical practise experience at government or private hospitals. This helps to offer the students the edge in employment opportunities with hands-on capabilities.
It has proven to be factual as our students managed to secure their dream career even before graduation bound.
- Registered nurse in government/private hospital or clinics.
- Nurse specialist in many fields that interest you such as mental health, community health, accident & emergency neonatal intensive care, paediatric, orthopedic, gerontology, oncology, ophthalmology, traumatology, neurosurgery, midwifery, ENT, renal, plastic surgery, CCU, ICU nursing and operation techniques.
- Occupational health nurse in industries.
- Nurse administrator in hospitals, corporate sector and non Government Organizations.
- Nurse educator in educational institutions.
- Nurse researcher in organisations dealing with health.