Recognised Diploma in Nursing Programme at KDU Penang
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
KDU Penang’s School of Nursing and Allied Health is famed for its 100% passing rate for their Diploma in Nursing graduates in the Nursing Board Malaysia (NBM) examination since its first graduated batch in 2010. The ever dedicated and experienced lecturers who provide unrivalled academic tutelage have definitely contributed to these excellent records.
Being a 5 star rated college by MyQuest Audit by the Malaysian Ministry of Education for 2 consecutive years, KDU Penang has always strives to provide the finest nursing education by equipping top-notch facilities such as Nursing Skills Lab, Nightingale Simulation Ward, Community Public Health Clinic and Practical room.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Study the Diploma in Nursing Course at KDU Penang University College
It clearly demonstrated that the College not only providing the fundamental nursing knowledge to its students but provide them with the essential practical skills. As the health care industry becomes increasingly complex and specialised, nursing also becomes a high-in-demand profession looking at the popularity of medical tourism in Penang Island itself.
KDU Penang University College’s School of Nursing and Allied Health reaffirmed its status as a premier faculty for producing industry sought after graduates when another batch of students were offered job placements in Singapore well before the official results were released. The future clearly looks bright for KDU Penang University College’s nursing graduates given the high demand for nurses as well as an unprecedented boom in the medical tourism industry.
To help meet the industry’s discerning needs, the School is collaborating with various prestigious hospitals in Penang and as well as other states to facilitate clinical practices in order to provide students with the right exposure to new nursing techniques.
Unique Points for KDU Penang Nursing Diploma
- Astounding track Record: We deliver results with a 100% passing rate in Nursing Board Examinations in the 10 years since we started.
- Leader in Experiential Learning: Our students go to General Hospitals for clinical posting where they can gain a wide diversity of clinical experience. This is complemented by industry standard campus facilities ensuring our graduates are adaptive, equipped to think on their feet.
- Be Equipped for an International Career. Nursing is a financially lucrative and respected international career path. At KDU Penang University College experience an international study environment alongside students from all over the world. Be equipped for an international career through experiencing different cultures while you study.
This programme encouraged the development of the knowledge, skills and professional attitudes of a registered nurse. You will be exposed to the concepts of health promotion, prevention and rehabilitation through nursing care management. Different nursing procedures will be introduced to you allowing an understanding of the individual, family and illness and dealing with the person as an individual. You learn how to identify the activities of daily living to treat and prevent complications.
Year 1 Subjects for the Diploma in Nursing at KDU Penang University College
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Fundamentals of Nursing I
- Communication, Human and Public Relations
- Integrated English
- Clinical Experience I
- Microbiology, Environment Health Epidemiology & Nutrition
- Fundamentals of Nursing II
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I
- Clinical Experience II
Year 2 Subjects for the Diploma in Nursing at KDU Penang University College
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Medical-Surgical Nursing II
- Obstetric and Gynaecology
- Clinical Experience III
- Medical-Surgical Nursing III
- Paediatric Nursing
- Community Health Nursing I
- Clinical Experience IV
Year 3 Subjects for the Diploma in Nursing at KDU Penang University College
- Medical-Surgical Nursing IV
- Community Health Nursing II
- Mental Health Nursing
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Information Technology in Nursing
- Clinical Experience V
- Professional Development & Medico
- Legal in Nursing
- Introduction to Nursing Research
- Nursing Management
- Clinical Experience VI
- Clinical Experience VII
|ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION||MINIMUM ENTRY
|SPM / GCE O-Levels||5 Credits including Bahasa Melayu, Science, Mathematics and Pass in English and History|
|All students must go for medical check-up.
KDU will send foreign students’ result to NBM for verification (for doubtful cases only)
|Foreign Students / Local students who studied in foreign country|
|Proficiency in English (Required for those whose medium of instruction is not in English language)|
|• Pass International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with minimum of 5.5|
|• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550|
|• Pass in English (O– Level or equivalent to SPM1119)|
Nursing Careers in Malaysia
The career options are aplenty and rewarding nowadays whereby one can opt to work as a registered nurse in government or private hospitals or clinics locally or overseas or choose to be a nurse specialist in many fields such as mental health, community health, neonatal intensive care, paediatric, orthopaedic, gerontology, oncology, ophthalmology, traumatology, neurosurgery, midwifery, ENT, renal, plastic, CCU, ICU nursing and operating theatre nursing as well as carry out nursing duty in areas such as being the Occupational health nurse, Nurse administrator, Nurse educator or Nurse researcher.
Throughout the programme, student nurses will be arranged for holistic clinical practise experience at government or private hospitals. This helps to offer the students the edge in employment opportunities with hands-on capabilities.
It has proven to be factual as our students managed to secure their dream career even before graduation bound.
- Registered nurse in government/private hospital or clinics.
- Nurse specialist in many fields that interest you such as mental health, community health, accident & emergency neonatal intensive care, paediatric, orthopedic, gerontology, oncology, ophthalmology, traumatology, neurosurgery, midwifery, ENT, renal, plastic surgery, CCU, ICU nursing and operation techniques.
- Occupational health nurse in industries.
- Nurse administrator in hospitals, corporate sector and non Government Organizations.
- Nurse educator in educational institutions.
- Nurse researcher in organisations dealing with health.