Find Out What You Will Learn in the Diploma in Physiotherapy Course at UOW Malaysia College
Students taking the Diploma in Physiotherapy at UOW Malaysia College will gain in-depth knowledge and skills to assess and formulate physiotherapeutic diagnoses and provide appropriate interventions, rehabilitation and treatments to patients with a physical disability, functional limitation and other illnesses and injuries.
In addition, they develop and cultivate skills in critical thinking, problem-solving and decision making, which are essential for professional practice as a physiotherapist. The practical experience gained through workplace learning help to nurture clinical competence and enhancing hands-on skills.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Why Study Physiotherapy in UOW Malaysia College?
A physiotherapist works as a member of the healthcare team treating clients that may range from small babies to the frail elderly. The profession focuses on human movement as being central to the health and well-being of individuals. Their primary focus is to resolve pain, stabilize injury and prevent it from increasing.
The Physiotherapy Program encompasses comprehensive learning with emphasis on “hands on” practice and clinical placements in accredited hospitals. The students will undergo specially designed clinical placements which exceeds the 1000 hours requirement by the World Confederation of Physiotherapy. The students learn to treat patient holistically while minimising risks, ensure patient safety at all times, and working within a legal and ethical framework.
What will you Learn in the Diploma in Physiotherapy at UOW Malaysia College?
- Demonstrate customer focused delivery of healthcare.
Critically assess the patients to set up effective treatment plan and carry out appropriate therapy including re-evolution.
- Demonstrate collaboration with patients, care givers, peers and health-care team in the planning, delegating, implementing and evaluating care.
- Maximize patient outcomes using effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate accountability to professional growth and continual education.
2023 Intake dates for the Diploma in Physiotherapy at UOW Malaysia KDU
- 30 January
- 26 May
- 8 September
Estimated fees for the Diploma in Physiotherapy at UOW Malaysia College
Subjects for the Diploma in Physiotherapy at UOW Malaysia College
- Functional Anatomy of Upper Extremity
- Functional Anatomy of Lower Extremity
- Introduction to Health Care I
- Physiotherapeutic Skills I
- Behavioural Science for Healthcare
- Writing and Referencing
- Functional Anatomy of Spine
- Musculoskeletal I
- Electrotherapy I
- Physiotherapeutic Skills II
- Introduction to Health Care II
- Occupational Safety and Health for Healthcare Professionals
- Pulmonary Physiotherapy
- Musculoskeletal II
- Electrotherapy II
- Neurology I
- Cardiovascular Physiotherapy
- Neurology II
- Physiotherapeutic Skills III
- Clinical Placement I
- Neurology III
- Clinical Placement II
- Physiotherapy Practice in Sports Injuries and Fitness
- Clinical Placement III
- Research for Healthcare Professionals
- Women’s Health
- Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban (Malaysian Students) / Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (International Students)
- Personal Development Skills
- Society and Development in Malaysia
- Teamwork and Community
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A*
Bahasa Kebangsaan A is compulsory for all Malaysian students
- without a credit in SPM Bahasa Malaysia.
- without SPM Bahasa Malaysia (applicable to students from UEC, O Level, or other equivalent programs)
Public & Private Hospitals
- Senior Physiotherapist
- Head of Department
- Wellness Centre
- Health Centre
- Fitness Clubs/ Sport facilities
- Rehabilitation Equipment Suppliers
- Nursing Homes Community
- Sport team Physiotherapist
RAMSAY SIMEDARBY HEALTHCARE COLLEGE HISTORY
- Pioneer Nursing College – Established as one of the Pioneer Nursing Colleges and in operation since 1995. Previously known as SJMC Nursing College
In 2007 registered as an Private Higher Education Provider and licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Started as a business unit in 2009 and grew to ~1100 students at present and offering over 18 programs.
Ramsay Sime Darby Healthcare College has been involved in Healthcare Education for almost 20 years conducting degree, diploma, certificate programs as well as in-house training.
- The college is known within the healthcare community as a quality education provider.
- In 2013 Simedarby and Ramsay Sime Darby Health Care (RSD)
- It is a 50:50 joint venture between Sime Darby Berhad, Malaysia and Ramsay Health Care Ltd, Australia
- In 2020 the college relocate to UOW Malaysia College in Glenmarie and join the University of Wollongong’s (UOW) global network of higher education campuses as part of long term health education.
OTHER RECOGNITION FOR THE RAMSAY SIMEDARBY HEALTHCARE COLLEGE
- 98% Pass rates (average) OVER THE LAST 25 YEARS in the Malaysia Nursing Board Exams
- 96% Customer Satisfaction Feedback on Teaching and Learning as rated by our students over the last 15 years.
- 92% Employment / Higher Education pursuit rates and 100% for Nursing.