Best University in Malaysia to Study the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) at Top MAHSA University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Biomedical science is the study of the human body, its structure and function in health and disease. Biomedical scientists require an understanding of medical biochemistry, microbiology, pharmacology, cell and molecular biology, anatomy, physiology, infectious diseases and neuroscience.
Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting a top rated education in biomedical science may go for the Foundation in Science at MAHSA University before continuing on to the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) degree. Alternatively, students after SPM or O-Levels with 5 credits may go for the 3-year Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology at MAHSA University. Upon completion of the top rate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology, graduates may continue on into Year 2 of the recognised Biomedical Sciences Degree programme at MAHSA. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the Biomedical Sciences degree.
MAHSA University is best known in Malaysia for their specialisation in health science courses and is the best choice to study the Biomedical Sciences degree. PTPN Loan is available for the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology and the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) at MAHSA University.
Students have access to some of the best facilities at MAHSA University’s new 48-acre campus at Bandar Saujana Putra, Selangor. Core teaching skills are further enhanced by MAHSA University’s modern facilities, which features ultra-modern wet and dry anatomy laboratories, biomedical science laboratories, Computer Assisted Learning (CAL), and integrated digital laboratories.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top University in Malaysia to Study Biomedical Sciences at MAHSA University
Biomedical scientists focus on how cells, organs and systems function in the human body; an exciting and dynamic area that is highly relevant to the understanding and treatment of human diseases.
MAHSA University’s Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) is a 4-year programme tailored for individuals who are looking for a career in biomedical science in the areas of research and development, diagnostics, or production.
During the biomedical science degree programme, MAHSA students will explore subjects such as biology, chemistry, physiology, pharmacology, statistics, genetics, immunology, molecular and cellular biology, pathology, histology, haematology, epidemiology, toxicology, and neuroscience.
Graduates of MAHSA University’s Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) can look forward to career opportunities such as environmental scientists, health specialists, health educators, pathologists, laboratory technicians, pharmacologists, microbiologists and numerous other important roles in the biomedical sphere.
Most importantly, MAHSA’s graduates can be assured that they will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills that will enable them to contribute to the ultimate betterment of humankind.
MAHSA University’s Top Rate Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Science
MAHSA University’s Faculty of Medicine and Biomedical Science offers the best modern and traditional modes of learning, which includes subject-based, system-synchronized curricula across all its programmes. The faculty hosts a broad range of programmes, from diploma to degree and postgraduate qualifications, in either Medicine or Biomedical Sciences.
All programmes are lecture-driven by highly experienced lecturers using innovative methods such as problem-based learning (PBL), e-learning, early clinical exposure (ECE) and small group sessions (with movies, debates, and role play). Students are thus immersed in a dynamic learning environment that optimises their academic experience.
Core teaching skills are further enhanced by our modern facilities, which features ultra-modern wet and dry anatomy laboratories, biomedical science laboratories, Computer Assisted Learning (CAL), and integrated digital laboratories. With an integrated faculty structure, these state-of-the-art facilities and expertise of lecturers are available across all programmes in the faculty.
Subjects for the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) Programme at MAHSA University
|1||Basis Biostatistics||BMC 111|
|Laboratory Science & Instrumentation||BMC 112|
|English For Academic Purpose||ENG 6112/ BMU 114|
|Titas (Tamadun Islam Dant Asia)- For National Students||MPU 3123/ BMU 115|
|Malaysian Studies 3 – For International Students||MPU 3173/ BMU 115|
|Basic Chemistry||BME 117|
|Basic Haematology||BMC 122|
|Medical Parasitology & Entomology||BMC 213|
|2||Hubungan Etnik – For National Studnets||MPU 3113/ BMU 116|
|Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2- For International Students||MPU 3213/ BMU 116|
|Basic Cytology||BMC 121|
|Basic Microbiology||BMC 123|
|Basic Pathology||BMC 124|
|Basic Transfusion Science & Blood Banking||BMC 125|
|English For Academic Writing||ENG 6212/ BMU 126|
|Principles Of Laboratory Animal Sciences||BME 127|
|3||Human Anatomy And Physiology I||BMC 211|
|Medical Microbiology I||BMC 212|
|Human Biochemistry I||BMC 214|
|Laboratory Management||BMC 412|
|Laboratory Science And Instrumentation II||BMC 317|
|Basic Immunology||BMC 221|
|Health Informatics||BMC 224|
|4||Cell Biology And Genetics||BMC 222|
|Clinical Biochemistry I||BMC 223|
|Human Biochemistry II||BMC 228|
|Human Anatomy And Physiology II||BMC 225|
|Medical Microbiology II||BMC 226|
|Basic Pharmacology||BMC 227|
|Environmental Microbiology||BME 215|
|5||Advanced Immunology||BMC 311|
|Advanced Transfusion Science & Blood Banking||BMC 312|
|Advanced Pathology & Cytology||BMC 313|
|Clinical Biochemistry II||BMC 314|
|Human Genetics||BMC 316|
|Health And Community||BME 216|
|6||Advanced Microbiology||BMC 321|
|Advanced Haematology||BMC 322|
|Molecular Biology Techniques||BMC 323|
|Molecular Pathopysiology||BMC 324|
|Phychology & Behavioural Sciences||BMC 325|
|Research Methodology||BMC 326|
|7||Biomedical Practicum||BMC 331|
|8||Industrial Training||BMC 411|
|Research Project||BMC 413|
|Special Topics In Biomdecial Sciences||BMC 414|
|Entrepreneurship (Mpu 2)||BMU 415 / MPU 3243|
|Comparative Religion (Mpu 3)||BMU 416 / MPU 3312|
|9||Case Study And Problem Solving||BMC 421|
|Personal & Professional Development||BMC 423|
|Community Service||BMU 417/3423|
Entry Requirements for the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) Programme at MAHSA University
- Pass STPM/Matriculation/Pre-University or equivalent qualification with minimum GPA 2.33 in 2 of the following subjects: Biology/Physics or Mathematics/Chemistry
- A-Levels or equivalent qualification with minimum Grade D in 2 of the following subjects: Biology/Physics or Mathematics/Chemistry
- Recognized Diploma with minimum CGPA of 2.75 in related field
- Recognized Diploma with CGPA less than 2.75 in related field and a minimum of 3 years (36 months) working experience in the related field
- South Australian Matriculation (SAM): Score 14 in 3 subjects including Chemistry & Mathematics & Biology/Physics)
- New Zealand Bursary: Aggregate 65% for 3 subjects including Chemistry & Mathematics & Biology/Physics
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU)/Canadian International Matriculation Programme (CIMP)/Monash University Foundation Pre-University Programme (MUFY)/Western Australian Curriculum Council/Trinity College Foundation Studies/Higher School Certificate – Sydney Australia: Aggregate 60% for 3 Science subjects including Chemistry & Mathematics & Biology/Physics
- University of New South Wales Foundation: Pass with 3 Principal D for 3 subjects including Mathematics & Chemistry & Biology / Physics
- Indian Pre-University: 75% aggregate for 3 subjects including Chemistry & Mathematics & Biology/Physics
- American High School Diploma with Advanced Placement (AP): CGPA 2.60 for 3 subjects including Chemistry & Mathematics & Biology/Physics
- English Proficiency: Malaysian candidates: MUET Band 3 or IELTS (5.5)/TOEFL (550)
- International candidates: IELTS (5.5)/TOEFL (550) paper based or equivalent
Advantages of Studying the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) Programme at MAHSA University in Malaysia
- The Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) is designed in consultation with a panel of local and international experts, resulting in a highly sought after curriculum that combines theoretical learning and practical sessions in laboratories and hospitals.
- Tuition fees for the Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) at MAHSA University are kept at an affordable level, to ensure there are little barriers to a good quality education.
- The Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) at MAHSA University is approved by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency and Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and recognized by the Ministry of Health, Malaysia.
- University The Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences (Hons) is awarded by MAHSA University, a leader in Medical and Health Science Education in Malaysia