Pearson Edexcel International Advanced Levels A-Levels at HELP Academy
HELP Academy has consistently shown that they are the best for A-Levels in Malaysia. HELP Academy is the only institution in Malaysia offering both the Cambridge A-Levels and the Edexcel A-Level programme. Both are recognised globally and operate under guidelines for quality, standards and consistency specified by the Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ) of the United Kingdom. There is no difference in the level or degree of difficulty between the examinations of Edexcel and CAIE. The specifications of syllabuses may differ but both of them are recognised by top universities, colleges and employers all around the world.
In this article, we will discuss about the Pearson Edexcel International Advanced Levels at HELP Academy. The HELP Academy A-levels centre is an extremely reputable institution in the country, having nurtured thousands of high achievers in the past 30 years, with an impressive number being accepted into top universities worldwide, including the UK, US, Australia, Singapore, Japan, China and Malaysia.
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at.
Find Out About the Pearson Edexcel International Advanced Levels at HELP Academy
The HELP Academy A-levels centre is an extremely reputable institution in the country, having nurtured thousands of high achievers in the past 30 years, with an impressive number being accepted into top universities worldwide, including the UK, US, Australia, Singapore, Japan, China and Malaysia.
- Highly Experienced teaching staff: At HELP Academy, we’re passionate about providing the very best A-levels programmes to our students. We’re proud to say that all of our staff are full-time and highly experienced, with over 80% of them being Senior Lecturers who have spent more than 20 years in the field. This level of expertise ensures that our education standards are consistently exceptional, and that our students receive the highest quality education possible.
- Excellent Academic: Our track record at HELP Academy speaks for itself: our students have achieved outstanding academic results, with over 50% scoring A*-A grades*. In addition, our students have achieved notable top-in-the-world results in key subjects including Accounting, Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Law, cementing our reputation as a top-tier educational institution.
- High Acceptance into top universities: We take great pride in our students’ academic achievements, with a track record of consistent acceptance into top universities in the UK, US, Australia, Singapore, Japan, China, and Malaysia. Over a hundred of our students have been admitted into prestigious institutions such as the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and the London School of Economics.
- Premium strategic location: Wisma HELP A-levels centre is ideally situated in the sought-after Damansara Heights neighbourhood, just a minute’s walk from Semantan MRT station. Additionally, Wisma HELP boasts a variety of nearby amenities, including cafes, restaurants, food trucks, supermarkets, and convenience stores, making it the perfect location for students seeking a convenient and accessible study environment.
- Programme that meets your need: Finally, it’s worth mentioning that HELP Academy stands out as one of the few top institutions in Malaysia offering both the flexible and modular Pearson Edexcel A-level Programme, as well as the widely popular Cambridge A-levels programme, providing students the options that suit their individual needs and preferences.
Edexcel International Advanced Levels at HELP Academy
Edexcel International Advanced Levels is a new suite of A level qualifications developed for international centres. With a modular structure, our new suite of International Advanced Levels have examination windows in January and June of each year, allowing students to finish their course in January if they need to, for entry to local and international universities. Please note Law will continue to be examined in June of each year only.
- Widest options & opportunities
- Knowledge & strong preparation for further studies
- Students sit for the exams in the same time as UK students
- Worldwide recognition
- Modular System (curriculum 2008) allows student to retake any modules to improve subject grade
- Professional Recognition: recognised by Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA), UK and fully accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)
- Top ranked examination board
|International Advanced Levels|
|Structure||Modular structureAS can be used as a stage on the way to completing an Advanced Level.|
|Assessment||· No coursework (100% examination).· January and June examinations.|
|Recognised by universities||Yes.|
|Regulator||Regulated by Pearson.|
The qualifications have been written to the same rigorous standard as all Edexcel qualifications and Edexcel International Advanced level qualifications are already recognised by many leading universities in the UK and internationally.
Subjects offered in the Edexcel International Advanced Levels at HELP Academy
(Choose 3 or 4 modules from the list below)
- Chemistry or Law
- Physics or Accounting
- Biology or Economics
- Further Mathematics or English Literature
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the Pearson Edexcel International Advanced Levels
What are the differences between GCE A levels and International Advanced Levels?
|Edexcel GCE A Levels||International Advanced Levels|
|Structure||Modular structure until 2015 (moving to a linear structure in 2015. All exams will be taken at the end of the two-year A level course). Advanced Subsidiary will become a standalone qualification from 2015.||Modular structure AS can be used as a stage on the way to completing an Advanced Level.|
|Assessment||Mix of coursework and examinations. June examinations only.||No coursework (100% examination). January and June examinations.|
|Recognised by universities||Yes||Yes|
|Regulator||Regulated by Ofqual.||Regulated by Pearson.|
Which subjects will have an International Advanced Level qualification available?
Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Economics, Accounting, Law, Biology, Chemistry, Physics.
Give advantages of Edexcel A-Levels compared to Cambridge A-Levels?
- This modular system aims to test you on the application of each unit, and hence a student can choose to repeat a single unit on its own, without having to repeat an entire level. Only the highest mark scored in any attempt will automatically be taken into account.
- The Cambridge Board, on the other hand, is linear-based. Students attempt to take the examinations in two stages, AS & A2 Level. Students unsatisfied with any of their individual units must re-sit the entire level, i.e. either AS or A2, and only the last score will automatically be taken into account.
Will my centre/students be disadvantaged in any way by taking Edexcel International Advanced Level qualifications if they are not regulated by Ofqual?
- Edexcel International Advanced Level qualifications have been written to the same high standards as our Edexcel GCEs and are being recognised as providing progression to higher education by universities around the world.
How many re-sit opportunities will my students have with the International Advanced Level qualifications?
- Students can re-sit each unit once before certification.
Will AS be available for International Advanced Level and will it count towards an Advanced Level?
Yes. The new International Advanced Level will have an AS/A2 split, therefore AS can either be taken as a stand alone qualification or used as a stage on the way to completing an Advanced Level.
Can students in the UK take International Advanced level qualifications?
No. IAL qualifications are only available to students and centres outside the UK.
HELP Academy A-Level Graduates Enter Top Ranked Universities in the World
HELP has coached A-Level students to enter the world’s top universities with many gaining both admission and scholarships either from prestigious scholarship boards or directly from the universities.
HELP A-Levels graduates have entered the following top universities amongst others:
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- The London School of Economics and Political Science
- University College London
- Imperial College London
- King’s College London
- The University of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- The University of Hong Kong
- National University of Singapore
- The University of Melbourne
- Australian National University
- Havard University
- Stanford University
- Princetion University
- The University of Chicago
- University of California
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University College Dublin
- and many more
Top performing SPM students can also apply for scholarships from HELP Academy for the A-Levels.
Excellent facilities for A-Level students at HELP Academy
State-of-the-art facilities, especially the Curie Science Labs, which are equipped with top quality apparatus and safety features. These labs are acclaimed to be among the best in the world by the Edexcel A-Levels Chief Examiner from the UK.
In addition, the unique Students Lounge bears testimony to HELP’s total commitment to providing for the essential needs of students, in and out of the classroom.
Affordable accommodation is also provided within walking distance to the campus.
HELP Academy’s A-Level lecturers are the top in the education industry with A-Level students from other top universities seeking them out for tutoring. They are qualified with more than 10 years of teaching experience in A-Levels.
Why Study the Edexcel International Advanced Levels A-Levels at HELP Academy
- Getting The Edge (GTE) for Personal & Leadership Development: In order to cultivate leadership and organisational skills, students are encouraged to participate in the prestigious GTE program. Under this program, students get to work closely with our most experienced lecturers on various winning science projects, participate in creative writing and drama workshops, challenging yet fun mathematic workshops and to develop the technological skills through the multimedia workshops.
- Centre of Excellence: The Department of A-Levels at HELP University was accorded the Centre of Excellence award by Edexcel International, UK for exceptional delivery of the London Examinations GCE A-Levels, in recognition of HELP’s superior facilities, outstanding quality of teaching by qualified and experienced lecturers, and for the excellent pastoral support available to their students.
- The A-team: HELP A-Level lecturers are not only experienced, but also dedicated. We have an indisputable great team of lecturers to guide and motivate our students to strive for excellence
- Superior Facilities: HELP offers state-of-the-art facilities, especially the Curie Science labs, which are equipped with top quality apparatus and safety features. These labs are acclaimed to be among the best in the world by the A-Levels Biology Chief Examiner from the UK.
- Outstanding Track Record: 39% of our students scored outstanding straight As and attained an impressive passing rate of more than 90%. Many are also admitted to prestigious universities worldwide with scholarships.
- University Placement Service Centre: Dedicated staff from this centre to assist A-Level students in their application for admission to universities worldwide and in their bid to secure scholarships.
- Unique Pastoral Care: Each A-Level student at HELP is assigned to a mentor, usually a lecturer, who serves to monitor and guide the student on academic performance and also advise on application for university admission. A team of counsellors from the Center of Psychology also provides a range of mental health and leadership programs and personal counselling services for A-Level students at HELP.