Top University for Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting & Finance Course with ACCA Accelerate Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s Business School Foundation in Business or Foundation in Arts for 1 year before continuing on to the Accounting & Finance degree. Pre-University graduates in Malaysia from programmes such as UEC, STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT and others may enter directly into the 3-year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree providing they meet the minimum entry requirements. Graduates from the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance at Taylor’s University will receive exemptions from ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW and other professional bodies.
Since it’s inception in 1969, Taylor’s University has gained significant recognition as a leading private education institution in Malaysia. Students wanting a top rated business degree can go for the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance UK Dual Award degree at Taylor’s University. Students will receive a degree from Taylor’s University as well as the top ranked University of the West of England, UK.
Top Taylor’s University student, Gordon Yuen Guo Dong, emerged as the first runner-up of the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2017 Malaysia, while Marissa Ooi Sze Min was a Top 10 Finalist for 2016. Team “Undefeatable Trios” from Taylor’s University emerged as National Champions in the Unilever Future Leaders’ League competition 2015 and represented Malaysia at the global round of the competition.
Officially upgraded to University in September 2010, Taylor’s is one of Malaysia’s top private universities. Over 70% of Taylors University’s graduates are employed within 2 months. In addition, the university has strong partnerships with 3,000+ career partners in Malaysia and globally. These are just some of the reasons that Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study the degree in Accounting & Finance.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Top Rated Accounting & Finance Degree Programme in Malaysia at Taylor’s University
3-Year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Accounting & Finance Programme at Taylor’s University
The Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree programme at Taylor’s University is designed to equip students with an in depth understanding in all areas of accounting and finance, including financial accounting, assurance, taxation, corporate finance and financial management.
The broad foundation and unique combination of skills prepare students for wide-array of careers in accounting and finance positions, including with the ‘Big Four’ accountancy firms, public listed companies and multinational corporations and government agencies.
3-Year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Accounting and Finance degree programme at Taylor’s University
Professional Accreditation for the Accounting and Finance degree at Taylor’s University
- Graduates will be eligible to receive exemptions from recognised international professional bodies such as ACCA, CIMA, CPA Australia and ICAEW.
- Graduates will be given an opportunity to obtain Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB) from Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) upon successful completion of the programme.
- In-depth understanding in business, accounting and finance, via modules such as Corporate Reporting, Malaysian Taxation, Islamic Finance, Business Ethics & Values and Strategic Management.
- Understanding of the capital market through modules by Securities Industry Development Corporation (SIDC) and Bursa Malaysia Derivatives, such as Futures & Options, and Rules & Regulations of Futures & Options.
- Understanding of financial planning through module by Credit Counseling & Debt Management Agency (an agency under Bank Negara Malaysia), such as the Personal Financial Planning.
Industry Standard Software
To keep abreast with the latest industry advancements, the School implements MyAccounting Lab, a web-based tutorial and assessment software for accounting. More than accounting concepts, it teaches students how to learn by motivating them to persevere through difficult concepts and providing immediate feedback to measure their progress.
Students are thus empowered and better prepared to face their professional careers armed with the skills of problem-solving and communication, as well as a sense of confidence in their abilities as lifelong learners. This thorough understanding enables our students to integrate seamlessly into the industry upon graduation
Industry-relevant Curriculum at Taylor’s Business School
- The Module Adoption Programme (MAP) links theory to practice by inviting industry specialists such as Deloitte and PwC to give lectures, share experiences, case studies and projects to enhance students’ learning.
- Opportunity to embark on a fast-track employment programme (Exec Track Programme) with CIMA and KPMG.
EXEC Track at Taylor’s Business School
The EXEC Track programme is an intensive fast track programme to nurture capable business leaders through a strategic partnership between Taylor’s University, KPMG Malaysia and CIMA. Through this programme, a select cohort of students are offered an exclusive opportunity to gain exceptional business knowledge, priceless industry exposure as well as mentorship, training and development of skills to excel in their future careers.
Open to all bachelor students at Taylor’s Business School, students undergo the CIMA Professional Qualification in Management Accounting while pursuing their degrees. In this way, our students are able to obtain the professional qualifications of becoming a highly sought-after Chartered Global Management Accountant upon graduation.
Upon completion of their studies at TBS, graduates will have the opportunity to work at KPMG Malaysia. They will be required to work on real projects under the guidance of professionals, instilling in them valuable industry exposure and real-world knowledge.
Programme Structure for the Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Finance UK Dual Award degree programme at Taylor’s University
Year 1 Subjects for the Accounting and Finance degree programme at Taylor’s University
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to Finance
- Introduction to Management
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Accounting Information System
- Introduction to Management Accounting
- MPU (U1a)*
- MPU (U1b)*
- MPU (U2)*
Year 2 Subjects for the Accounting and Finance degree programme at Taylor’s University
- Business Law
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting for Decision Making
- MPU (U3)*
- MPU (U4)*
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Financial Markets
- Investment Management
- Malaysian Taxation
Year 3 Subjects for the Accounting and Finance degree programme at Taylor’s University
- Internship I or Industry Immersion Module
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Audit and Assurance
- Strategic Management
- Corporate Reporting
- Accountant in the Global Age
- Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Futures & Options
- Personal Financial Planning
Semester 8 (Short Semester)
- Internship II or Industry Immersion Module
ELECTIVES (CHOOSE 3 MODULES ONLY)
- Advanced Audit and Assurance
- Advanced Taxation
- Company Law in Malaysia
- Human Resource Management
- Islamic Finance
- Principles of Marketing
- Public Sector Accounting
- Rules & Regulations of Futures & Options
* The Ministry of Education (MOE) requires all students to take Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) (i.e. General Studies) which is categorised under U1, U2, U3 and U4 within the duration of their studies. U1 modules are prescribed by MOE whereas U2, U3 and U4 modules are from a list of University Core Modules (UCM) prescribed as per the Programme Guide.
ACCA Accelerate Programme at Taylor’s University in Malaysia
Taylor’s University in Malaysia offers the ACCA Accelerate Programme to its Accounting & Finance students. With this programme, the students will have the opportunity to embark on a fast-track pathway towards becoming a chartered certified accountant under ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants).
While currently Accounting & Finance students at Taylor’s University receive up to nine paper exemptions, the ACCA Accelerate Programme will allow them to take the remaining five ACCA Professional papers beginning from the second year of their studies onwards. This gives students the opportunity to kick-start their professional career as a certified accountant earlier.
Additionally, the programme enables students to gain access to ACCA’s online learning community that allows them to build their professional network globally. They will also receive direct e-mail alerts, which include career advice and study tips as well as ACCA news updates.
Students who sign up for the ACCA Accelerate programme will enjoy numerous fee waivers, including the
initial registration fee, annual subscription fee for up to two years, inclusive of their registration year, as well as deferment of exemption fees forup to 24 months after graduation
Taylor’s University students are not only eligible for exemptions for all the 9 Foundation papers but also entitle to enjoy the AAP benefits mention below.
- Free initial registration fee
- Free annual subscription fee of up to two years after graduation (inclusive of graduation year)
- Deferred exemption fee payment (up to 24 months after graduation)
- Membership in the exclusive Accelerate club that will provide access to events and promotions
- Access to employers in the form of: Employer Fair at ACCA events, Trips to employers, Talks and
Activities organised by employers.
- Self-improvement opportunities from workshops conducted by ACCA.
- Networking opportunities with students from various universities, employers and prominent
- Receive Student Accountant Direct alerts — you will receive e-alerts such as career advice, study tips and ACCA news straight into your inbox.
Internship and Industry Immersion Programme
A distinctive feature of our Bachelor of Business (Hons) curriculum is the internship and industry immersion programme at established organisations. The internship programme aims to provide you with a deeper cross-cultural appreciation of both business practices and research, whereas industry immersion programme is specially designed to provide you with a wealth of exposure with some of the prestigious companies in the corporate world, and receive exclusive training, insights and mentorship form industry veterans.
Highly Coveted Business Graduates
In our continuous pursuit to bridge the gap between academia and industry, TBS has forged strategic alliances and put in place mutually-beneficial partnerships with industry leaders, in order to further hone and enhance our students’ employability.
The dynamic knowledge exchange that takes place at the School enables our students to adapt to the rapidly-changing landscape and gain insight on current developments and issues affecting businesses. We also enhance and sharpen our students’ soft skills and professionalism through various activities built around the curriculum.
These collaborations with industry mentors and leaders are key factors in ensuring that our programmes remain relevant and our students graduate with the knowledge and capabilities that are highly sought-after by employers.
The EXEC Track programme is an intensive fast track programme to nurture capable business leaders through a strategic partnership between Taylor’s University, KPMG Malaysia and CIMA.
Through this programme, a select cohort of students are offered an exclusive opportunity to gain exceptional business knowledge, priceless industry exposure as well as mentorship, training and development of skills to excel in their future careers.
Open to all bachelor students at TBS, students undergo the CIMA Professional Qualification in Management Accounting while pursuing their degrees. In this way, our students are able to obtain the professional qualifications of becoming a highly sought-after Chartered Global Management Accountant upon graduation.
Upon completion of their studies at Taylor’s Business School, graduates will have the opportunity to work at KPMG Malaysia. They will be required to work on real projects under the guidance of professionals, instilling in them valuable industry exposure and real-world knowledge.
Industry Advisory Panel (IAP)
The IAP works closely with TBS to ensure that the programmes offered are relevant to current industry practices and requirements. Seminars that feature expert speakers are organised by the panel to help impart insights and industry trends to students. The IAP also assists in providing students with the opportunity for internships, with the support of the Taylor’s Career Services Centre.
Recognised Professional Accreditation
In our effort to benchmark our standards against the industry’s best practices, the School has put in place comprehensive programmes that have gained the recognition of several local and international accreditation boards. Taylor’s University Business programmes meet the rigorous standards of these professional accreditation boards, due to stringent entry requirements, comprehensive curriculum, students’ work and achievements as well as highly-qualified teaching faculty.
The industry-wide recognition attached to these accreditations greatly enhances our students’ career opportunities. They also ease the pathway for our students to pursue a professional qualification or further their studies, upon graduation.
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Certified Practising Accountants Australia (CPA Australia)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (CTIM)
- Financial Planning Association Malaysia (FPAM)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Malaysia Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- The Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA)