Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka, Ranked Top in Malaysia & in the World, Offers First Rate Banking and Finance
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally for Banking and Finance can enter the Foundation in Business courses at Multimedia University (MMU) in Melaka. Upon completion of the recognised 1-year Foundation in Business, students will continue on to the 3-year Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons.) (Banking and Finance) Degree. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the degree programme.
Alternatively, students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 3 credits in the relevant subjects may enter the 2-year Diploma in Business Administration or Diploma in Accounting at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka and then continue on to the final part of the degree.
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. Furthermore, 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation making them the best choice for a successful career in Malaysia.Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best course in Banking and Finance in Malaysia that’s affordable. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in Business as well as the diploma & degree programmes.
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding Banking & Finance Degree Course in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
This three-year Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons.) (Banking and Finance) programme at the Faculty of Business at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka prepares students with the skills necessary to meet the business demands of today and the future.
The curriculum provides a solid business core that includes an extensive background in banking and finance and the functional business areas. It also equips students with skills in handling financial products, product development and working within the Global Banking and Finance Industry.
What are the Career Prospects?
Career Prospects for graduates of the Banking & Finance degree from Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka are Financial manager, credit analyst, loan officer, branch manager, trust officer, financial analyst, investment advisor, financial planner, or even as a business owner.
Intakes for the degree programme at Multimedia University (MMU) are in April, June and November of each year. Multimedia University (MMU) produces top business and accounting students who succeed academically and in their careers.
Below is a list of the awards and achievements for the Business students at Multimedia University (MMU). For a full list of the rankings, awards and achievements for MMU, please click here.
Multimedia University (MMU) won the “Most Entrepreneurial Private University in MOHE Entrepreneurial Award (MEA) 2016”. MMU’s Team U-Can represented by three Faculty of Management students namely Neo Moon Wei; Alvin Sit Bo Choong; and Chong Shu Jing emerged as First Runners-Up at the Unilever Future Leaders’ League (FLL) 2016
Yasmin Ahmad Ariffin, from the Faculty of Management, Multimedia University (MMU) was the (Ernst & Young) EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2016
Malaysia. Yasmin represented Malaysia at the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year international finals. Muhammad Irfan bin Abd Ghapa, was a Top 10 Finalist for 2015.
Students from the Faculty of Management, emerged Champions in the Deloitte Malaysia Risk Intelligence Challenge Trophy(RICT) 2015. Six students from Faculty of Management MMU Cyberjaya emerged as second runner up in the first Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Regional Business Challenge 2015 competing against 23 other teams from four ASEAN countries. Students from Faculty of Management team also won the Tomei Group for “Innovative Youth, Future Business Leader 2.0″competition 2015.
What are the Subjects offered in the Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons.) (Banking and Finance) programme at Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka
Year 1 Banking & Finance Degree Subjects
- Financial Accounting for Managers
- Information systems Concepts
- Mathematics for Managers
- Fundamental of Marketing
- English for Business Studies
- English for Business Communication
- Introductory Macroeconomics
- Understanding Management
- Statistics for Managers
- Financial Management I
- Fundamental of Business And Entrepreneurship
- Managing Organisational Behavior
Year 2 Banking & Finance Degree Subjects
- Management Accounting for Managers
- Introductory Microeconomics
- Financial Management II
- Bank Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Business and Commercial Laws
- Business Information Systems
- Islamic Banking and Finance
- Offshore Banking and Finance
- Industrial Training
Year 3 Banking & Finance Degree Subjects
- Business Ethics
- Business Research Methods
- Analysis of Financial Statement
- Credit Management
- International Finance
- Management of Strategy
- Quality and Operations Management
- Banking and Finance Research Project
- Corporate Financial Management
- Financial Derivatives
- Malaysian Economy
- Electronic Business
The Best Reasons to Study Business & Accounting at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Mentoring environment to nurture future professionals who are accountable and hold highly relevant competencies.
- Core Employability Skills integrated into all programmes
- Innovative curriculum that embeds Management Analytics components and Entrepreneurial thinking in all programmes
- Real working assignments for action-based learning that exposes students to the industry
Collaborations with top companies to provide certification programmes to students
- The only university in Malaysia with a full-fledged Bloomberg lab for financial analysis
Industry-recognised lecturers who hold advisory positions with global organisations (UNESCO) Adjunct professors from the industry (Epic Valley, TM)
Multimedia University (MMU) is Top in Malaysia for Business and Accounting Courses
Industries have come to prefer MMU’s Business, Management, Accounting and Finance graduates due to the strength of these two faculties, including:
A host of expert lecturers and specialists
Our teaching staff come from diverse backgrounds, including established corporations. A number of them actively serve as consultants to corporate leaders and managers.
Programmes accredited by MQA as well as various international professional bodies
MMU is recognised by many international professional bodies, including MIA, MICPA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA and ICAEW, ensuring smooth transition into future careers among graduates.
Strong entrepreneurship elements
Besides incorporating entrepreneurship skills in the curriculum, the university has an Entrepreneur Development Centre, which helps students kick-start their businesses. A new lease of entrepreneurship research centre under MMU’s Hub for Innovation Ventures (HiVE) project, INNOlab, features the latest technologies, resources, and networks to boost greater interests for our future entrepreneurs.
Extensively supported by industrial linkages
MMU has partnered with many companies through various Memoranda of Understanding and programmes.
Strong technical proficiency of graduates
All our students are prepared with a solid foundation so that they would be able to find their bearings easily, regardless of what change comes along.
Beyond repeating the textbooks
At MMU, we don’t just rely on existing knowledge – we generate and contribute new knowledge of our own. FOM oversees three Research Centres, (Centre for Business Performance; Centre for Knowledge and Innovation Management; and Centre for Consumer Research and Education), while FOB oversees two (Centre for E-Services, Entrepreneurship and Marketing; Centre for Globalisation and Sustainability Research).
Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka Campus
Located strategically in the vicinity of serene residential areas, booming industrial sites and the scenic Ayer Keroh tourist spot, MMU (Melaka Campus) began as the Institute of Telecommunications and Information Technology (ITTM) established in May 1993.
It currently houses Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Information Science and Technology, Faculty of Business, Faculty of Law, Learning Institute for Empowerment and the Institute for Postgraduate Studies.
97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation*. MMU is truly the choice of ambitious students, where talents are developed and enhanced.
*Source: MOHE Tracer Study & MOE Kemas Kini Status Pekerjaan 2015.
Conducive Learning Environment at Multimedia University (MMU)
Learning goes beyond books. At MMU, you will have all these various facilities and settings that will make learning fun, comfortable, and memorable.
- Convenient accommodation. A calm and safe base for you to re-energise yourself every day, both on-campus and within walking distance off-campus.
- Intelligent labs. High-tech labs to boost the teaching and learning process. These are the Innov8 Lab, SiRi Learning Lab, SMART Lab, and an e-Moot Court.
- Digital Libraries. Well-stocked libraries with print and digital resources to cover your reading needs and habit.
- Cutting edge mind-set. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who are seeking for ways to best prepare themselves for a dynamic and challenging future.
- Extensive infrastructure. Computers galore, campus-wide Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, ample parking, food and drink outlets, and many others.
- Location. Cyberjaya – An intelligent city housing many high-tech firms that could one day become your workplace. Melaka – A city bustling with life and activities that is a wealth of experience to your life.
- Healthy lifestyle. Multiple sports tracks and fields, indoor sports centres, various courts and pitches, in addition to numerous clubs and societies. Olympic-sized swimming pool A swimming pool fit for champions right in the heart of Cyberjaya.
- Vibrant Campus Life. Multimedia University (MMU) keeps their beautiful campus exciting with engaging events and going-ons all year round. With over 100 clubs and societies, you can choose to practise martial arts, go dragon boating or attend an anime screening after class is over. Besides engaging with the University’s international community, student exchange programmes are also available to enhance learning experience.