Why Study the Bachelor of Business in Logistics Management and E-Business (Honours) at Saito University College
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Logistics Industry refers to the movement of goods and information between the provider and the receiver. The market of international logistics is having a significant growth with growing demand of various goods across the globe.
The size of the global logistics industry will increase USD 357.5 billion between 2017-2022, accelerating at a CAGR of more than 7% during the forecast period. This growth in market size will be attributed to the rapid growth in the e-commerce industry, fueled by increased penetration of high-speed internet and a rise in popularity towards online shopping. Growing consumer preferences for online shopping helped e-commerce sales surpass USD 2 trillion in 2017. As the e-commerce industry continues to grow, so too will the demand for logistics services, which will act as a steady driving force for the logistics industry over the next few years.
In today’s society, technology has been changing at an unprecedented pace. It has changed the face of logistics. With the advent of eCommerce, the logistics industry has experienced a great impact with a supply chain that has multiple channels and is quickly changing in order to meet the needs of the consumer.
Therefore, more and more employers are seeking graduates with a specific degree in logistics or supply chain management. Saito University College’s degree in Logistics Management & eBusiness is specifically designed to meet the needs of future job demand allowing graduates to obtain jobs easily in Malaysia as well as globally. Take in a local and global view of the operations and supply chain industries. The Logistics Management & eBusiness degree will build up your warehousing, transport, procurement, inventory planning, operations and retail service knowledge. Saito’s degree will prepare you well for an exciting career in Logistics in Malaysia and globally.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Bachelor of Business in Logistics Management and E-Business (Honours) Course Details
Students wanting to obtain a degree that’s future job proof should go for the 3-year Bachelor of Business in Logistics Management and E-Business (Honours) that’s recognised by MQA. Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 3 credits can enter the Diploma in Logistics Management or Diploma in Business Management for 2.5 years before continuing on to Year 2 of the degree programme.
Alternatively, students with at least 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels can go for Saito’s 1-year Foundation in Business Studies and then into Year 1 of the Logistics & eBusiness degree course.
Saito School of Logistics
The Saito School of Logistics gives its students the right combination of theoretical and practical knowledge to embark upon a career in Logistics Management.
Saito’s teaching staff includes the best international professionals who impart their exclusive insight and experience in the industry, while their work-study programmes will give students real work experience with our industry partners that will benefit their credentials.
This is a unique opportunity for them to learn the true challenges of managing supply chains in the real world firsthand, which will give them an edge in employability upon graduation. As graduates of Saito, you will truly know what to expect because you are given the chance to face your chosen industry in the real world.
Bachelor of Business in Logistics Management and E-Business (Honours) at Saito University College
Saito University College’s Logistics Management and E-Business degree equips students with the required knowledge and skills in the field of Logsitics and E-Business. Students will have the opportunity to gain valuable practical experience as well as transferable employability skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, teamwork and communication skills.
The practical experience and the employability skills gained during the course will be valuable for students in getting hired upon graduation.
Why Study Logistics & eBusiness at Saito University College
Established in 1988, Saito University College has vast experience in offering in-demand programmes to students. To meet the high demand for qualified professionals, Saito is offering the specially designed Logistics & eBusiness degree programme. Students will work on real processes and systems and master actual challenges of global logistics at the facilities of The Prime Centre of Excellence.
- Complete your studies with Logistics & ECommerce Immersion which exposes you to the industry fully while being mentored by real logistics
professionals with expert knowledge and innovative teaching.
- Study overseas with Saito’s international partners while improving your career mobility through internships, Work Integrated Learning, industry workshops, site visits and more.
- Graduate not just with real work credits and experience, but with professional certification from the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and other internationally recognised logistics organisations
- Immersive Study Trips
- Port of Tanjung Pelepas – Where students will learn about Malaysia’s advanced container management system
- Penang Port – The oldest and most established port in Malaysia. Students get to understand all the different types of cargo processing – containers, liquid, dry bulk, break bulk and others.
- Westport Port – The most busiest port in Klang. Students get to understand how trans-shipment is done and how is it done so fast.
Education Pathway for the Logistics & eBusiness at Saito University College
After SPM or IGCSE O-Levels, students who have at least 5 credits may go for a Pre-University Programme like the Foundation in Business at Saito University College before continuing on to the Logistics Management degree programme. The duration of the Foundation in Business is 1 year.
With any 3 credits in SPM or IGCSE O-Levels, you can go for the Diploma in Logistics Management course. You will spend 2.5 year studying the diploma and upon completion, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Logistics Degree course.
Entry Requirements for the Logistics & eBusiness at Saito University College
- STPM – Minimum 2 principals (C) (CGPA 2.0) in 2 subjects and pass in Mathematics and English at SPM Level
- A-levels – Minimum 2 principals (E)
- UEC – Minimum 5 credits (B6) and pass (C8) in Mathematics and English
- Matriculation – Minimum CGPA of 2.0
- International Baccalaureate (IB) – Minimum score of 26 points in 6 subjects
- Canadian Pre-U (CPU) / CIMP – Minimum average of 60% in 6 subjects
- SAM / SACEi / Ausmat /Australian Year 12 – Minimum average of 60% in 5 subjects
- Diploma (business-related) – Minimum CGPA of 2.0
- Other qualifications deemed equivalent to STPM/A-Level by Malaysian Qualifications Agency – Minimum overall average of 60%
YEAR 1 Subjects for the Logistics Management and E-Business at Saito University College
- TITAS/Bahasa Melayu Kommunikasi 2
- Principles of Economics
- Logistics Management
- Freight Transport Management
- Electronic Marketing
- Business Law
- Inventory Management & Risk Pooling
- Social Media and Mobile Marketing
- Effective Digital Communications
- Ports and Shipping Management
YEAR 2 Subjects for the Logistics Management and E-Business at Saito University College
- Customer Relationship Management
- Hubungan Ethnik/ Pengajian Malaysia 3
- Big Data and Emerging Innovation
- Kemahiran Kepimpinan & Hubungan Insan /Keusahawanaan
- Ekonomi Malaysia / Perlembagaan dan Masyarakat Malaysia
- Procurement Management
- Integrated logistics and supply chain management
- Container Maritime Trade Operations
- Freight Operations Management
- International Marketing
- Customs and Forwarding
YEAR 3 Subjects for the Logistics Management and E-Business at Saito University College
- Global Logistics & Supply Chain
- E- Commerce in Logistics
- Final Year Project 1
- Warehousing Management
- Digital Marketing in Logistics Management
- Final Year Project 2
- Trade Financing & Facilitation and Law
- Regulatory & Instituitional Framework
- Khidmat Masyarakat/ Sukan dan Pengurusan Organisasi
Proven Track Record at Saito University College
Saito College has produced more than 9000 graduates since 1988 and that speaks volumes about our experience in producing talents for the industry. Saito’s solid and outstanding track record ensures all of our students’ needs in terms of academic learning, facilities, services and support are well taken care of. You can rest assure that your academic growth and learning are in good and solid hands at Saito.
Recognition of Saito University College’s Courses
Do you know that Saito is accredited with MQA and has an extremely high standard of teaching? We do away with mediocre syllabus and teaching and bring to you education that is on par with, if not better than, education in the US, UK, Australia and other top countries in the rest of the world.
And, the best thing is you do not have to pay a hefty amount of tuition fees for such high standard of education. World class education should be affordable. We also believe a world class education should bring out the very best in each student and recognise each student as unique individual. Therefore, our focus is to provide fully personalised attention to each student. Do expect a lot of care from your tutors and one-on-one sessions with them.
Caring and Conducive Environment
Are you afraid of learning alone in our highly challenging environment? You do not have to. Be part of our student-centered, out-of-classroom activities that are pumped with loads of fun and excitement and they can also encourage self-discovery. We also actively encourage students to form a close-knit community to support one another.