Get An Outstanding Media & Communication Studies UK Dual Degree in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Award-winning Asia Pacific University (APU) is the only private university in Malaysia offering the BA (Hons) in Media & Communication Studies. After SPM or O-Levels, students may enter the Foundation in Design or Diploma in Design & Media (Digital Advertising and Media & Communication Studies) before continuing on to the degree.
In this article, you will find out more about the Media & Communication Studies degree at APU, the course information, intake dates, entry requirements and facilities. Upon completion of the degree, students will receive a degree from APU and another from De Montfort University, UK.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
What you will Study in the BA (Hons) in Media & Communication Studies at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
The Media & Communication Studies degree programme at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Knowledgeable with some practical and technical expertise in media and communication discipline in-line with the industry requirement.
- Effective in communication and demonstrate good leadership quality in an organization.
- Capable to analyse and solve media and communication related issues or problems innovatively, creatively and ethically through sustainable approach.
- Able to demonstrate entrepreneurship skills and recognize the need of lifelong learning for successful career advancement in the area of media and communication.
APU-DMU Dual Degree Programme – Double Your Advantage
- APU’s partnership with De Montfort University (DMU), UK enables students to be awarded Dual Awards – separate degree certificates from each institution – and enhances not just teaching and learning experiences, but also career prospects.
- Upon graduation, students will receive 2 Degree Certificates & Transcripts: 1 from APU, Malaysia and 1 from DMU, UK.
Both degrees are recognised locally & internationally.
- The APU-DMU Dual Degree Programmes are offered under an approved collaboration in accordance with the QAA UK Quality Code for Higher Education for the Assurance of Academic Quality and Standards in Higher Education as published by the United Kingdom Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 1 OF THE DEGREE:|
|STPM||• 2 Passes in STPM with a minimum Grade C (GP 2.0) and a Credit in English at SPM Level or its equivalent.|
|A-LEVEL||• 2 Passes in A-Level in any 2 subjects, and a Credit in English at SPM/O-Level/IGCSE or its equivalent.|
|UEC||• 5 Grade B’s in UEC including English.|
|MATRICULATION/ FOUNDATION||• Passed Foundation programme (minimum CGPA of 2.0) with a Credit in English at SPM/ O-Level/ IGCSE or equivalent.|
|DIRECT ENTRY TO LEVEL 2 OF THE DEGREE:|
|DIPLOMA||• Successful completion of the APU/APIIT Diploma or
• Successful completion of studies in another recognised institute with academic credits equivalent to Level 1 of an Honours Degree (Subject to the approval of the APU/APIIT Academic Board)
Any qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
Course Structure for the Media & Communication Studies Degree at Asia Pacific University (APU)
DEGREE LEVEL 1
Students will be equipped with theoretical and conceptual framework of media and communication as a discipline. In addition, students will also be exposed to the basic understanding of the context within which media and communication industry operate through modules such as Contemporary Media Studies, Principles of Public Relations, Digital Illustration Techniques and, Marketing Fundamentals, Consumer Behaviour and Creative Practice.
- Intercultural Communication
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Marketing Fundamentals, Consumer Behaviour and Creative Practice
- Digital Illustration
- Core Concepts in Communication Theories
- Principles of Advertising
- Contemporary Media Studies
- Principles of Public Relations
DEGREE LEVEL 2
A broader range of skills will be learnt, in which students will gain a better understanding of the broad range of mass media tools, and the specialized communication skills to be applied in the media and communication industry. We will further nurture their creativity and innovation as well as independent learning to prepare them for the contemporary media environment.
- Visual Culture
- Managing Creativity and Innovation
- Strategic Event Planning and Management
- Public Relations Strategies and Tactics
- Social Media
- Researching Media and Communication
Elective Modules (Choose 1)
- Political Communication
- Digital and Experiential Advertising
INTERNSHIP (12 weeks)
Students will undertake a short Internship/ Industrial Training for a minimum period of 12 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
DEGREE LEVEL 3
Students will make use of their previous studies and industrial experience to extend their familiarity to specialise in a particular media area and to develop superior skills in communication practice and innovative creative outputs.
A final year project requires them to take a hands on media and communication project so as to apply all the expertise and skills acquired from both the classroom and internship settings. The successful completion of the final year project is a testament of the student’s ability to combine media knowledge and communication skills, critical thinking and analytical skills to produce a personal achievement portfolio.
- Crisis Communications
- Persuasive Copywriting
- Audiences and Fandom
- Investigations in Media and
- Communication Studies
- Broadcast Journalism
- Global Advertising Practices
- Media and Communication Project
Elective Modules (Choose 1)
- Communication Audit and Strategy
- Integrated Marketing Communications Practice
MQA Compulsory Subjects*
- Ethnic Relations (M’sian Students)
- Islamic & Asian Civilisation (M’sian Students)
- Malaysian Studies (Int’l Students)
- Malay Communication Language (Int’l Students)
- Workplace Professional Communication Skills
- Employee & Employment Trends
(*All students are required to successfully complete these modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency)
- Communications Executive
- Brand Manager
- Campaign Development Manager
- Advertising and Promotion Executive
- Media Sales Executive
- Social Media Strategist
- Social Media Manager
- Digital Media Producer
- Brand Communication Specialist
- Content Developer
- Marketing Coordinator
- Digital Content Writer