Electrical Engineering Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya is Accredited by EAC & MQA
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Students may go for the Electrical Engineering degree at Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya that’s accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) and MQA, and recognised by the Board of Engineering Malaysia (BEM).
In the 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed Multimedia University (MMU) as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”. Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya is the top choice for students to study the best courses in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in Malaysia.
Students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Engineering. Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the B.Eng. (Hons) Electrical degree. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in Engineering and Degree.Upon completion of the Foundation, students can choose to enter into Year 1 of the 4-year degree programme in Electrical Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya.
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Best Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electrical Degree Courses in Malaysia at Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya Campus
The four-year Electronics Engineering programme in the Faculty of Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya provides students with a good understanding of electronics-related fields such as analogue electronics, physical electronics, power electronics, industrial and communications electronics, semiconductor and superconductor devices, semiconductor manufacturing technology, microelectronics and optoelectronics. In addition, the students will also be exposed to subjects in circuit and signal analysis, computer programming, logic design, power systems and machine, microprocessor and computer systems, electromagnetic theory, control theory, multimedia technology and communications.
This engineering knowledge is further supplemented with basic training in engineering mathematics. To provide the students with a better foundation for professional careers, subjects such as basic management, economics, accounting and law are also taught. The programme is also designed to provide students with opportunities to undergo practical training in the industry and to obtain research experience through graduation projects.
Students seeking to be a part of the fast-paced electronics industry begin their career with a degree in
electronics engineering. An electronic engineer is one whose speciality and expertise is in the area of semiconductor devices, utilising them to design electronic circuits, microcontrollers and other electronic systems.
The B.Eng. (Hons.) Electronics programme at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya focuses on applying theory and technology to solve real-world engineering problems. In this programme, students start off with fundamental subjects such as circuit and signal analysis, computer programming, control theory, and microprocessors.
These subjects form the bedrock for more advanced and specialised topics ranging from analogue electronics, physical electronics, and semiconductor devices to embedded systems and electromagnetic interference. Engineering knowledge is further supplemented with professional development modules such as workplace communications, management, accounting and engineering ethics. The programme is also designed to provide students with opportunities to undergo practical training in the electronics industry and to obtain research experience through undergraduate research projects.
Year 1 Subjects for the B.Engineering (Hons) Electronics Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Engineering Mathematics 1
- Circuit Theory
- Electronics 1
- Computer and Program
- Field Theory
- Electronics 2
- Digital Logic Design
- Engineering Mathematics 2
- Electronics 3
- Algorithms and Data
- Introduction to Machines and
- Power Systems
- Instrumentation and
- Measurement Techniques
Year 2 Subjects for the B.Engineering (Hons) Electrical Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Engineering Mathematics 3
- Microcontroller and
- Microprocessor Systems
- Circuits and Signals
- Electromagnetic Theory
- Physical Electronics
- Computer Organization and
- Engineering Mathematics 4
- Control Theory
- Microelectronic Circuit
- Analysis and Design
- Electromagnetic Interference
Year 3 Subjects for the B.Engineering (Hons) Electrical Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Analog and Digital
- Power Electronics
- Digital System
- Advanced Microprocessors
- Industrial Training
- Integrated VLSI Systems
- Capstone Project
- Embedded System Design
- Semiconductor Devices
- Object Oriented
- Programming with C++
Year 4 Subjects for the B.Engineering (Hons) Electrical Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Data Communications and
- Processing and Fabrication
- Digital Integrated Circuits
- Analog Integrated Circuits
- Operating System
- Advanced Object-oriented Design
- with Java
- Software Engineering
- Mobile Application Development
- VLSI System Design and Modelling
- Parallel Processing and
- Digital Signal Processing
Career Prospects for Graduates from the Electronics Engineering Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Application Engineer
- Design Solution Engineer
- Research & Development Engineer
- Firmware/Embedded Software Engineer
- Test Application Developer
- Product Engineer
- PCB Design Engineer
- Process Engineer
- System Integration Engineer
- Computer System Architect
- Technical Marketing Engineer
Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya is the Best Choice for Top Students to Study Electrical & Electronic Engineering in Malaysia
Multimedia University (MMU) is the first private university in Malaysia and is ranked top in the world having won many awards and accolades. Established in 1996, MMU marked Malaysia’s foray into a new economy. With more than 15,000 students, the university has campuses in Cyberjaya, Melaka and Johor.
In 2009, MMU was ranked at 171 by THES-QS in the Asian University Rankings, the first private university in Malaysia to achieve such a feat. The 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed MMU as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering”.
Since 2015, MMU has been placed in the top 151-200 universities worldwide by QS World University Rankings by subject Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
In 2017 – Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering earns four (4) accolades from the global professional association, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).These are among the hundreds of awards & achievements of the engineering students and staff at Multimedia University (MMU) showing that MMU is the best private university in Malaysia for engineering.
The Faculty of Engineering teaching staff at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya have at least a Master for lecturers, at least 2nd Class Upper Bachelor degree for tutors in MMU. About 80% Multimedia University (MMU) engineering tutors has 1st class and 35% lecturers with PhD.
The engineering programmes in MMU are accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) as well as recognised by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
Hence, MMU’s engineering graduates can readily seek employment or be admitted into top international universities for postgraduate studies. More than 40% of MMU’s engineering graduates secure jobs before completion of studies while more than 96% of them secure jobs within 6 months after graduation.
Multimedia University (MMU) has some of the best teaching labs among private universities in Malaysia. Students have the opportunity to experience for themselves the various principles of engineering in action through the numerous hands-on experiments. There are also various activities conducted in collaboration with the industry that expose students to real world challenges that require innovative engineering solutions.
MMU’s strong partnerships with global industry players that include Fortune 500 companies have led to the establishment of state-of-the-art research and teaching facilities such as Intel Advanced Architecture Lab, Panasonic Computing Lab, Huawei Digital Lifestyle and Innovation Centre and Motorola Wireless Broadband Technology Lab.
Multimedia University (MMU) has a vibrant Student engineering society and professional engineering student chapters such as The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) and Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM) as well as ‘Multimedia University Engineering Society Overseas Research Programme'(MESCORP) for students to grow in leadership and soft-skills, as MMU recognises the growing importance of these human aspects of what engineers do.
In line with the Multimedia University (MMU)’s vision to be a leading engineering faculty in Malaysia for creation, preservation and dissemination of knowledge, MMU lecturers/professors/researchers at Faculty of Engineering has never failed to actively engage themselves in the forefront R&D activities for the creation of new knowledge and technology where scientific findings are presented and published in various reputable international conferences, and prestigious journals of international standing.
MMU also enjoys great support and close research collaborations with some top names in the industries in Malaysia such as Intel, NTT, Nokia, National Semiconductor, Motorola, Matsushita, Ericsson, Agilent , coupled with the constant arrangement of invited lecture series that brings renowned engineers and scholars to MMU from across the world, has helped MMU to ensure the multi-skilled engineering graduates they produce stay relevant to the fast changing industry trends and needs.
The Best Reasons to Study Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Curriculum have been endorsed by panel of international experts from top universities such as Pennsylvania State University, University of Texas at Arlington, National University of Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, etc.
- More than 40% of academic staff graduated from top international universities such as University of Edinburgh, University of Sheffield, University of Surrey, etc.
- In addition to academic qualifications, academic staff also have industry experiences, with more than 35% of them possessing professional certifications such as Professional Engineer, or Chartered Engineer
- Consistent graduate employability rate of 97-98% every year
- Graduate Employment Survey conducted by MAEI (Malaysian American Electronics Industry) companies including Intel, Motorola, and AMD indicate that these companies prefer our MMU engineering graduates
- More than 10 industry-sponsored labs – one of the highest among private engineering faculties in Malaysia
- Industry partners co-develop curriculum
- More than 200 R&D collaborations with universities, industries, government bodies etc.
- One of the very few Malaysian private universities that actively collaborates with industries in the Living Lab (previously known as Digital Home & Lifestyle Lab)
- First university to offer programmes in fast growing industries such as Nanotechnology and Photonics
- Early adopter of latest technology in the industry
Financial Assistance at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) is the Malaysian government body offering national educational loan for Malaysian students enrolling for Foundation, Diploma and Degree programmes. Amount of the loan is subject to PTPTN’s approval . PTPN Loan is available for Foundation programmes at Multimedia University (MMU).
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) or 1Malaysia Education Caring Scheme is additional financial assistance to deserving students to pursue quality degree qualifications in identified disciplines and courses. This additional financial assistance will act as a top-up fund to their existing fun or scholarship.
- Scholarships are available to deserving students.
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Engineering (Cyberjaya)
Established in 1997 alongside the founding of MMU, an estimated 5000 students have passed through the faculty’s doors and successfully graduated as engineering professionals, the Faculty of Engineering (FOE) at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya will continue to spearhead innovation and creativity in the field of engineering well into the future through quality engineering programmes.
Sprawled over 808,440 square metres and housing 28 academic and support buildings, the Cyberjaya campus is home to the Faculty of Engineering. It is MMU’s second campus and hosts about 6,600 students inclusive of 1,085 international students.
- Foundation in Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electrical
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Computer
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Nanotechnology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Optical Engineering
What are the differences between electrical engineering and electronics engineering?
Electrical engineering deals with heavy current and high voltage circuits, control, machines, communications, power systems, power electronics, math, and computer technology related courses. Electrical engineering is an engineering discipline that deals with the study and application of electricity and electromagnetism. Its practitioners are called electrical engineers.
Electrical engineering is a broad field that encompasses many subfields. Electrical engineering has many subfields dealing with the various aspects of electromagnetism. Some work directly with Maxwell’s equations to manipulate RF signals, some with power, and some with signal manipulation. (Power engineering deals not only with electricity generation, electric power transmission, and electricity distribution but also with electrical circuits and materials (e.g. insulators, semiconductors) that need to withstand high voltages and
Electronics engineering deals with light current and low voltage circuits, control, communications, integrated circuit, signal processing, math and basic courses on power system, power electronics, machines, and computer technology related courses.
Electronics engineers design and test electrical networks (more commonly known as circuits) that take advantage of electromagnetic properties of electrical components or discrete/elements (such as resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors, diodes, semiconductors) to achieve the desired functionality. One of several ubiquitous examples is the tuner circuit, which allows the user of a radio to filter out all but a single station, corresponding to a desired signal frequency (such as those in AM and FM radios).
Mode of Class Instruction Delivery for Engineering Courses at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
Besides traditional classroom instructions, MMU instructors use multimedia technology. Furthermore, updated and exhaustive lecture notes, schedules, announcements, tutorials, exercises, reading materials, and references are available online to the students’ benefit, convenience, and success.
In addition, students go through hands-on experiments using interactive computer-based training concepts. Collaborative work between industries and the MMU faculty is also prevalent. In short, state-of-the-art facilities and their utilization, and strategic industry-university relation support and enhance the teaching quality at MMU.
Multimedia University (MMU) Engineering Degrees are Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia and MQA
MQA (Malaysian Qualifications Agency), Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), and Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). MQA and BEM are government bodies and IEM is a professional body. In October 2000, MQA, BEM, and IEM form the Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) as a one-stop centre for Engineering degree accreditation in Malaysia. All Courses conducted in MMU have been approved by EAC and LAN.
In each country, there is a professional engineering body that decides whether it wants to accept foreign engineers or not. Examples of the professional bodies are, in
|Malaysia||The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia (IEM),|
|USA||Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)|
|Canada||Canadian Council of Professional Engineers (CCPE)|
|South Africa||Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)|
|UK||Engineering Council of the United Kingdom (EC)|
|Hong Kong||Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE)|
|Australia||Institution of Engineers, Australia (IEAust)|
|New Zealand:||Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ)|
|Ireland:||Institution of Engineers of Ireland (IEI)|
The Malaysian Engineering Accreditation Council has recently been accepted as a probationary signatory of the Washington Accord, which is a forum where signatory members recognize each other’s engineers to realize the global mobility of engineers. So far USA, UK, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, and Ireland are signatories in the Washington Accord, while Germany, Malaysia, Japan, and Singapore are probationary signatories.
Multimedia University (MMU) Engineering Facilities & Labs at the Faculty of Engineering Cyberjaya Campus
FOE has more than 20 modern well-equipped teaching laboratories. The labs are used for engineering experiments and student projects. Research labs are also opened to students participating in various research projects undertaken by the faculty. Some of the FOE teaching labs are:
- Wave Radiation Lab – research related to wave radiation and electromagnetic waves.
- Nanotechnology Lab – teaching and R&D related to nanotechnology and nano-electronics.
- Optical Labs 1 & 2 – undergraduate lab experiments in the field of optical engineering.
- Project Labs 1, 2 & 3 – experiments related to final year projects.
- Intel Multi-Core Processing Lab – research and teaching related to microprocessor multicore
technology and parallel processing training/curriculum.
- Microprocessor Lab – experiments related to advanced microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- Multimedia Computing Lab – general computing needs and lab experiments that require the use of MATLAB, ERACS and various other multimedia software.
- Panasonic Lab – experiments related to VLSI design, computer networking and architecture simulation.
- Control and Automation Lab – experiments related to industrial electronics, robotics and instrumentation systems. Also supports experiments related to microelectronics, digital logic design and field theory.
- Machine and Drive Lab – experiments in energy conversion, machines, drives and other power related subjects.
Energy System Lab – experiments related to power and energy systems.
- Embedded System & DSP Lab – teaching and R&D related to embedded systems and digital signal processing.
- Electronics Labs 1 & 2 – experiments related to analog and digital electronic systems.
- Intel Advanced Architecture Lab – general computing needs and experiments related to computer architecture.
- Multimedia Design Lab – general computing needs and work related to development of multimedia software.
- PCB Workshop – to fabricate printed circuit boards (PCB) for their projects.
- Telecommunications Lab – experiments in the field of telecommunication that includes fixed line communication, mobile communication and satellite communication.
- Applied Electromagnetic Lab – experiments and research related to antenna, propagation, radar and microwave devices.
- Intel Microelectronics Lab – IC design and RF courses, as well as for research in the area of integrated circuit design, RF, and network processor.
- Alcatel Lab, Nokia Lab, and NTT Research Lab – R&D work.
Job Prospects in Malaysia and Globally for Engineering Graduates from Multimedia University (MMU)
Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electrical.
This major trains the student to acquire expertise in electrical circuits and electromagnetics, with focus on power generation, transmission & distribution, as well as the latest technologies in renewable energy.
As an electrical engineer, our graduates have been employed by various companies, such as Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), Telekom Malaysia (TM) Berhad, Schneider Electric Sdn. Bhd. and ABB Sdn. Bhd. Example positions are power plant engineer, power transmission and distribution engineer, electrical maintenance engineer, electric energy mananger, and control and automation engineer.
Entry Requirements for the Engineering Programmes at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya and Melaka
Foundation in Engineering Entry Requirements
- Pass SPM / O Level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least five (5) subjects, inclusive of English, Mathematics and one Engineering-related subject.
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least four (4) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, English and one Engineering-related subject.
- Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government
Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering & Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering Entry Requirements
- Pass SPM/O-level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and one Science / Engineering subject and a pass in English
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, and one Science subject
- Pass certificate in a related field from a recognised institution.
Engineering Degree Entry Requirements
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 principals inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognised institution
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and Physics