First Rate Engineering Courses at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Choosing the right course to study in Malaysia after high school is one of the most important decisions you can make in your life. There are many types of engineering programmes that students can choose from. Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure of choosing engineering for their degree studies may go for the Foundation in Engineering. If you are still not sure whether you want engineering or other science courses, you may choose the Foundation in Science programme at premier private universities in Malaysia. Students after the external Pre-University Programme such as A-Levels, UEC, STPM, SAM, CPU, MUFY or AUSMAT may enter directly into the Engineering Degree programme with relevant results.
Engineering may not be the easiest course to study, but it continues to be in demand in Malaysia and globally. You’re also more likely to find employment quickly and work your way up the career ladder with an engineering degree from a top private university in Malaysia. The key benefits of studying engineering are both financial and prospect based. Financially, the starting salaries are among the best across all industry sectors. The demand for well-qualified, skilled graduates outstrips supply, and companies are struggling to find recruits for vacancies locally and globally. Therefore, graduates have the opportunity to work overseas.
Engineering degrees that are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) are recognised by overseas countries for work. Students should choose the best university in Malaysia to study engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in their career.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
List of the Best Engineering Programmes offered by Top Ranked Private Universities in Malaysia
Excellent Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Mechanical Engineering and Mechatronic Engineering Degree & Diploma Courses
- Top private universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the Mechanical Engineering degree course are University of Southampton Malaysia campus, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Multimedia University (MMU), Taylor’s University, UCSI University, University of Nottingham Malaysia, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie , KDU Penang University College.
- Malaysia’s Top private universities offering the Mechatronic Engineering degree programme that’s accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia are Asia Pacific University, Multimedia University (MMU) & UCSI University.
- The best university colleges in Malaysia for Diploma in Mechatronic Engineering are First City University College and KDU Penang University College
- Best university for the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering is MAHSA University
- World top ranked Multimedia University (MMU) offers the Robotics & Automation Engineering degree.
Top Notch Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia to Study Applied Geology, Chemical Engineering & Petroleum Engineering Degree Courses
- Outstanding Malaysian private universities for the Chemical Engineering degree programme are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, University of Nottingham Malaysia, Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus, Monash University, Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP), & UCSI University.
- Top ranking private universities for Petroleum Engineering degree programmes are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Curtin University Sarawak, UCSI University, Asia Pacific University (APU) and Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
Civil Engineering Degree Courses Accredited by Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) at Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- Premier universities in Malaysia for the Civil Engineering degree programme are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, University of Nottingham Malaysia, Monash University, & UCSI University
- Top rated MAHSA University offers the Diploma in Civil Engineering
Award-Winning Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia for Electrical & Electronic Engineering and Telecommunication Engineering Degree Courses
- Malaysia’s top ranking private universities for Electrical and Electronic Engineering degree programmes are Southampton University, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Multimedia University (MMU), Monash University, UCSI University, Asia Pacific University, Taylor’s University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie and First City University College
- Top Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) accredited Telecommunication Engineering degree programmes are Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya, Multimedia University (MMU) Melaka, Asia Pacific University and UCSI University
- MAHSA University offers the unique Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Medical Electronic Engineering
- Listed in the Top 200 by QS World University Rankings 2015-2017, Multimedia University (MMU) is the first university in Malaysia to offer engineering programmes in Nanotechnology and Optical Engineering.
Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia to StudyAerospace Engineering, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering & Other Engineering Degree Courses
- The best university to obtain an Aerospace Engineering or Aeronautical Engineering degree is through UCSI University’s twinning programme with the University of Manitoba, Canada.
- Outstanding private university for the materials engineering diploma is UCSI University
- An excellent private university in Malaysia for Aircraft Maintenance Engineering and Aircraft Engineering is Nilai University
Top Rated Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia to Study Engineering Diploma & Foundation Courses
- Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting Top Foundation in Engineering programmes at the best private universities in Malaysia are at Multimedia University (MMU), Taylor’s University, Asia Pacific University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie and First City University College
- Alternatively, students can take Foundation in Science programmes at Top private universities to enter engineering degree programmes. Premier universities in Malaysia offering Foundation in Science programmes are University of Nottingham Malaysia, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Taylor’s University, UCSI University and HELP University.
- Leading private universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering are Multimedia University (MMU), UCSI University, Asia Pacific University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, KDU Penang University College, APIIT & First City University College.
- Top ranked KDU Penang University College uniquely offers the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Mechatronic) and Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Microelectronic)
Which Engineering Course is the Best to Study in Malaysia?
Students should choose your engineering field by passion. Ask yourself, “What gets me excited? Projections may show a future demand in certain engineering fields, but do you want to work very hard for the next four years in order to get a job in an area you don’t really like?
Students should identify your true interests. Do you like tinkering with devices? Mechanical engineering or mechatronic engineering are good choices for you. Are you passionate about solving the energy crisis? Then you might consider petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, or electrical engineering. And if you spend all your spare time writing code, computer science is an appropriate career path.
Choosing to study in an engineering field that you have passion in, will make you more likely to succeed as you would be willing to put in the hard work needed to be an expert in your field.
Don’t worry I know it is very difficult for you to give the answer so I am here to help you to know your interest in a particular engineering field of study. It’s very simple just give the answer of some question and then decide yourself that which branch do you like most or which branch suited to you according to your interest. We will discuss so that you can choose the best engineering field to study according to your interest.
Studying the Engineering Course at Top Private Universities in Malaysia
Engineers use computer technology and mathematical models to work out the solution to structural, or mechanical problems. In an engineering degree course in Malaysia, students will spend time in the laboratory or use computers to understand how to solve problems. You will also have the opportunity to apply your theory to real-life projects through case-studies and internships.
Engineering degrees are extremely varied and can focus on particular parts of the engineering industry or just a general overview of the technical processes. Whichever degree you choose to study, you will graduate with a host of transferable skills that will enable you to work in a variety of industries.
It is recommended for students to choose an engineering degree programme that is general rather than specific so that their job prospects are wider. If you choose a course such as aerospace engineering, your job scope is only limited to the aerospace industry. A degree in mechanical engineering or mechatronic engineering would provide you the opportunity to work in the aerospace industry as well as other industries.
Engineering students will gain skills such as project management, analysis and your practical experience act as great foundations for careers in other industries. It isn’t uncommon to find top quality engineers in banking, politics and financial sectors. Many graduates do not work in the field that they graduate in. This is normal.
Before starting your career in engineering it is important to know which engineering field you would like to specialise in because of the variety of sectors within the engineering industry. If you are certain of what type of engineer you wish to become, you should study a degree which focuses specifically on that field of study.
If you are not sure, that is still alright as students after SPM or O-Levels can take the Foundation course at a reputable private university for one year. During that one year, you should talk to the seniors and lecturers to figure out which engineering field best fits you.
To enter into the Foundation in Engineering or Foundation in Science, students after SPM or O-Levels will need at least 5 credits including Maths and Physics (Chemistry for Chemical Engineering) and pass in BM and Sejarah. With 3 credits in SPM including Maths and a Science subject, students can join the Diploma in Engineering course before entering into Year 2 of the Degree course.
There are a wide variety of specialisations, and the more popular engineering fields in Malaysia are listed below for you to browse through.
- Chemical Engineering Courses
- Civil Engineering Courses
- Computer Engineering Courses
- Electrical Engineering Courses
- Electronic Engineering Courses
- Environmental Engineering Courses
- Industrial Engineering Courses
- Maritime Engineering Courses
- Manufacturing Engineering Courses
- Materials Engineering Courses
- Mechanical Engineering Courses
Note that only 4-year engineering degree programmes can be accredited by the EAC, not 3-year degrees. Therefore, when you choose the university to study at, you should look at the programme structure, facilities, lecturers’ qualifications, number of years offered at the university, and the experience of the university.
All graduate engineers must register with the BEM to practice engineering in Malaysia.Having an EAC accredited engineering degree is the prerequisite for registration. The Public Service Department (JPA) would only allow graduates from the EAC accredited programmes or those recognized by EAC to join the public service.
Only programmes accredited by the EAC would be allowed to be offered at the institutions of higher learning in Malaysia, be it at public or private institutions.
Study at the Best Private Universities in Malaysia for Engineering
First introduced in 2007, SETARA focuses on the quality of the teaching; it also gives some power back to the students by involving appraisals by students who will audit lecturers on several points including punctuality and satisfaction on the delivery of subjects.
The MQA Rating System for Higher Education Institutions in Malaysia for 2013 (SETARA ’13) is the fourth rating exercise undertaken at the institutional level for universities and university colleges in Malaysia
The Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), responsible for quality assurance of higher education for both public and private sectors, has released the results of its latest Discipline-based Rating System or D-SETARA. The new rating system is different from SETARA. The former categorises universities as a whole using a tier system based on the Malaysian Qualifications Framework whereas D-SETARA assesses the quality of teaching and learning of a certain field of study only.
Premier UK Engineering Programmes at Top Ranked Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Malaysian students can obtain a top ranked UK degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia.
Heriot-Watt University’s is ranked by the Times Higher Education World University Ranking – 22nd in the world for ‘International outlook’ while the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015 ranks them 41st in the UK and sixth in Scotland. Heriot-Watt University also moved up slightly from 369th to 352nd in the overall QS World University ranking and are 40th in the UK (up from 42nd).
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2016 is 18th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland. It ranks Heriot-Watt University 3rd for Electronic and Electrical Engineering, 17th for Chemical Engineering, 2nd for Civil Engineering and 10th for Mechanical Engineering.
Heriot-Watt was ranked fourth in Scotland in the 2016 Complete University Guide and 37th in the UK. It ranks Heriot-Watt University 5th for Chemical Engineering, 9th for both Civil Engineering and Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Chemical Engineering
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Petroleum Engineering
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Civil Engineering*
- BEng (Hons)/MEng Electrical & Electronic Engineering*
Students after SPM or O-Levels can enter the Foundation in Science at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia for 1 year before continuing to any of the engineering programmes above. Click here for the entry requirements for the engineering programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Outstanding Engineering Degree Programmes in Malaysia at Taylor’s University that’s Accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Taylor’s University is a top ranked private university in Malaysia. Taylor’s University was voted the Most Popular Private College and / or University in Malaysia for two consecutive years (2008 and 2009), and is rated ‘Tier 5: Excellent‘ by the Ministry of Higher Education (MQA SETARA 2013). Taylor’s University is also ranked as one of the Top 250 universities in Asia by QS University Rankings: Asia 2015.
Taylor’s University’s School of Engineering offers comprehensive engineering programmes that are affordable yet with highly innovative training methods that rival some of the most prestigious foreign degrees. All these factors work towards enhancing the School’s reputation not just among Asian students but from across the world.
Taylor’s University School of Engineering is also an official collaborator in the ‘Conceiving – Designing – Implementing – Operating’ CDIO™ Initiative alongside famous institutions such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California State University, the University of Sydney and University of Auckland. Taylor’s University is the first and only Malaysian University that has, thus far, been accepted into this initiative, which is an innovative education framework for producing the next generation of engineers.
A brief outline of some of the programmes on offer at Taylor’s University School of Engineering is listed below:
- Foundation in Engineering: Students after SPM who are sure of taking the engineering degree programme may go for the 1 year Foundation in Engineering at Taylor’s University. As part of their course of study, students will be exposed to an innovative and technologically-driven programme that employs digital tools to enhance teaching and learning. If you are unsure of whether engineering or other science programmes, you should go for the Foundation in Science.
- Foundation in Science: This is a flexible programme that exposes students to core principles in science, providing them with the knowledge and skills to pursue undergraduate programmes in engineering science or health science.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Chemical Engineering: This programme is aimed at students who are keen to learn about the design and operation of processes basic to human survival – such as food, fuel, medicines, plastic etc – and the professional engineering skills needed to turn these chemical, biological and physical processes into safe and sustainable industrial practice.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering: Concerned with solving
practical problems using electrical science, Electronic Engineering is the handling of these electrical or optical signals while Electrical Engineering deals with the use of electricity as a source of energy. After completing one–two years of this 4-year programme at Taylor’s University, students have the option to transfer to several universities across the world, such as those in the UK or Australia.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering: This field is the most broad-based of the engineering professions. Its exponents are involved at some stage in the conception, design, production, finance and marketing of all manufactured goods from the largest power station, space craft and car plant to the most delicate mechanisms required for scientific instruments; for example, heart valves and micro-surgery.
Affordable BEM Accredited Engineering Programmes at UCSI University
UCSI University is rated 4 in the D-SETARA for Engineering while overall in the SETARA 2013 ranking, the university achieved a rating of 5 or Excellent.
UCSI University’s engineering degrees are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
After SPM or O-Levels, students may enter into the Foundation in Science at UCSI University before continuing on to the engineering degree programmes. With 3 credits in SPM, students may enter the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic engineering and then upon completion continue on to the degree with exemptions.
- BEng (Hons) Chemical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Communication & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BEng (Hons) Mechatronic Engineering
- Beng (Hons) Petroleum Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering (Materials Science)
Excellent Engineering Programmes Accredited by BEM at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University’s engineering degrees are accredited by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM). APU was announced as among the Highest Rated Universities in Malaysia, being rated at TIER 5 (EXCELLENT) under the SETARA 2011 Ratings by the Ministry of Education (MOE) and Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), and has maintained this Excellent rating in the latest SETARA 2013 Ratings
- BEng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BEng (Hons) in Electronic Engineering with specialism in IT
- BEng (Hons) in Telecommunication Engineering
- BEng (Hons) in Mechatronic Engineering
Students with 5 relevant credits in SPM or O-Levels can enter the Foundation at Asia Pacific University for 1 year before continuing on into the 4-year engineering programmes. With at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels students may enter the Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Asia Pacific University before continuing on to the degree programmes with exemptions.
First Rate Engineering Courses at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie recognised by the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
Engineering programmes at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie are designed to prepare graduates with everything necessary to face the new industrial economy around the globe.
With high quality programmes that adhere to the strict standards set by the Board of Engineers (BEM) Malaysia, students can expect a curriculum that is design-centric and trains them to hone their complex problem-solving skills.
Students will also experience valuable hands-on experience by participating in real-world projects, and have the opportunity to become a research assistant at an undergraduate level through our undergraduate research scheme.
With the goal of ensuring a holistic learning experience, KDU’s programme allows you to cultivate the skills, knowledge, and the ability to develop engineering applications which are required for a wide range of professional engineering careers and expected of leaders in business, engineering, industry and even in R & D. Students after SPM or O-Levels with 5 credits can enter the Foundation in Engineering at KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie and then into the 4-year degree. With 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels students will enter into any of the engineering diplomas at KDU University College and then upon completion may continue on to the engineering degree with exemptions.
- Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
Affordable Engineering Courses at First City University College (Formerly known as KBU International College)
- BEng (Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering (3+0) Sheffield Hallam University, UK
- Foundation in Engineering, Science & Technology
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Mechatronics
Top Ranked Engineering Courses at KDU Penang University College
- KDU Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Mechatronic)
- KDU Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (Microelectronic)
- Northumbria University (3+0) B.Eng (Hons) in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Northumbria University (3+0) B.Eng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering
Engineering Courses at HELP College of Arts & Technology
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Mechanical Engineering