Get a UK Top 10 Ranked Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
With thousands of graduates in Mechanical Engineering coming out each year, it is important to set yourself apart from the rest to secure a job with an excellent career. Students can now obtain a Top 10 UK university mechanical engineering degree in Malaysia from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia is the best university of choice to study mechanical engineering in Malaysia with its excellent academics, top notch facilities, strategic location, and student experience. The subjects that you study at the Malaysia campus are exactly the same as the UK campus and you will also receive the same degree.
In the Guardian University Guide 2020 Heriot-Watt University was ranked Top 10 in UK for Engineering: Mechanical while the Times / The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020 ranked them 7th in the UK for Mechanical Engineering.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia offers high quality British education and global study opportunities at their modern campus in Putrajaya. In addition, Heriot-Watt University Malaysia has an international research reputation and close connection with the professional and industrial world of science, engineering and technology.
For a personalised advise on how to choose the right course contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Modern society needs high-quality Mechanical Engineering graduates for their professional mechanical engineering skills and expertise. Heriot-Watt University is proud that our graduates are constantly in demand for these skills.
Mechanical Engineers play key roles in all industrial sectors ranging from aerospace, oil and gas, through food and transport to manufacturing, chemical and entertainment industries. Mechanical Engineering offers an exciting environment where many skills are brought together to create innovative products and the infrastructure and technology for manufacture.
This Bachelor degree aims to produce graduate Engineers who are able to meet society’s needs by the creation of products or processes that benefit the individual or economy. Many of the courses contextualise mechanical engineering science principles with mini-projects and students will work in groups to produce a solution to an engineering problem.
The core courses of Design and Manufacture and Business Awareness, Safety and Sustainability are particularly aimed at bringing knowledge from all engineering science disciplines together in a project. The individual project in year three allows students to become specialists in an area of their choice by working with an academic member of staff on a particular niche area of Mechanical Engineering.
First year Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
BEng and MEng
- Design and Manufacture 2
- Electric Circuits and Machines
- Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists 3
- Mathematics for Engineers and Scientists 4
- Mechanical Engineering Science 3
- Mechanical Engineering Science 4
- Mechanical Engineering Science 5
- Mechanical Engineering Science 6
Second year Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
BEng and MEng
BEng students who meet the progression requirements for the MEng programme may transfer programmes at the end of Year 2.
- Business Awareness, Safety and Sustainability
- Design and Manufacture 3
- Design and Manufacture 4
- Mechanical Engineering Science 10
- Mechanical Engineering Science 7
- Mechanical Engineering Science 8
- Mechanical Engineering Science 9
- Optional course
Third year Mechanical Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
BEng and MEng
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Manufacture
- Individual Project (BEng only)
- Optional course(s)
Students undertake a compulsory industrial training placement.
MEng Mechanical Engineering progression
- Failure Accident Analysis
- Group Project 2
- Group Project 3
- Professional and Industrial Studies
- Specialist Engineering Technologies 1
- Specialist Engineering Technologies 2
Teaching and Assessment
Teaching methods range from lectures, tutorial classes and mentor sessions, to workshop and laboratory activities supported by group and individual projects. Assessment is by examination, coursework, presentations, group project and individual project.
Accreditation of the Mechanical Engineering Programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia degrees are offered as 3 year BEng (Bachelor of Engineering) or 4 year MEng (Master of Engineering) qualifications. The MEng qualification is designed to satisfy the academic requirements set by the Engineering Council UK for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Chartered Engineers enjoy excellent prospects, enhanced employability and high salaries. If you prefer to graduate with a BEng after 3 years of study your degree will provide partial fulfilment of the necessary academic requirements for Chartered Engineer status.
For registration by Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) the four year undergraduate MEng programme is required plus a summer industrial placement.
Entry requirements for Mechanical Engineering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Foundation in Science: CCCC
- A-Level/STPM: BBC including B in Mathematics and Physics.
- SAM: ATAR 75 including B in Mathematics and Physics.
- CPU: 75% including B in Mathematics and Physics.
- UEC: 3A 2B (A in Mathematics and Physics).
- SMA 3: 8.0 in Mathematics and Physics.
- IB Diploma: Minimum 5 in SL Mathematics and Physics.
- Diploma deemed recognised by the Malaysian Government
- Any other relevant qualification deemed recognised by the Malaysian Government.
English language requirements
- If English is not your first language, then evidence of proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6 is required.
With Go Global, Heriot-Watt’s global student programme, you can carry your studies to new places and experience new cultures, expanding your horizons on the way.
You’ll discover what it means to be a true global citizen and emerge prepared for wherever your career journey will take you.
- Inter-Campus Transfer: United Kingdom
- Discover new friends and places with an inter-campus transfer to the United Kingdom.
- Inter-Campus Transfer: Dubai
- Discover new friends and places with an inter-campus transfer to Dubai.
Career Options for Mechanical Engineering Graduates
Graduates are in constant demand. Many engineers make their careers in established areas, perhaps in the infrastructure industries of energy and transportation or the design and manufacture of advanced equipment. Others find rewarding careers meeting the challenges of applying new materials and intelligent systems to products and manufacturing processes.
About Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, One of the Best Universities in Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s first premises in Putrajaya opened to students in early 2013. Situated in Putrajaya Holdings’ prestigious headquarters in Menara PjH in the centre of Putrajaya, it is a great facility which provides an excellent environment for academic study.
Herriot-Watt University Malaysia’s new campus will proivde exceptional facilities on a stunning lakeside location in Putrajaya.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s purpose-built campus in the city of Putrajaya is based only 25 kilometres from Kuala Lumpur.
Situated in a stunning lakeside location, the building boasts a variety of informal study spaces, an extensive library and easy access to IT facilities with wifi available throughout.
Students at the Putrajaya campus join a vibrant, diverse community. The multi-cultural character of the campus provides opportunities to meet and mix with a broad range of international students and enjoy a supportive environment to help you make the best of your time as a student.
The university offers a range of activities to help students settle into university life, make friends and feel part of the university community. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia provides opportunities for students to develop important skills and gain valuable experience, in addition to those offered by their academic programmes.
There are common rooms throughout the campus, giving students space to socialise and relax. On the promenade, facing the lake, is the cafeteria with other stores and retail outlets planned.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia provides a multi-cultural, friendly campus community
Students at the Putrajaya campus will join a vibrant, diverse community.
The multi-cultural, character of the campus will provide opportunities to meet and mix with a broad range of international students and you’ll enjoy a supportive environment that will ensure you can make the best of your time as a student.
Access to a wide range of leisure facilities
Heriot-Watt University’s campus is located close to the Putrajaya marina and to other purpose-built, modern leisure and sports facilities.
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. Affordable hostel accommodation is provided at safe and conducive condominiums in Cyberjaya with free bus shuttle to and from Heriot-Watt University Malaysia. Scholarships are available at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia to deserving students.
About Heriot-Watt University, a Top Ranking UK University now in Malaysia
Heriot-Watt University’s 190-year history began in 1821, when they established the world’s first Mechanics Institute (the School of Arts of Edinburgh).
Heriot-Watt University is one of the UK’s leading universities for innovative education and is recognised internationally as a centre for high-calibre research.
Heriot-Watt University has 1,737 members of staff, including 480 academic and 180 research staff. The university offers over 400 programmes through their 6 academic schools and 2 postgraduate institutes.
Heriot-Watt University has over 82,000 alumni spread across the globe and 3500 in Malaysia. Graduates can join the alumni association, The Watt Club, which was founded in 1854 making it the oldest graduate club in the UK.
The strong alumni base gives students opportunities to interact with industry representatives as well as their staff. This is proven statistically, with 94.3 per cent of Heriot-Watt University’s graduates employed within 6 months of graduation globally, ranking the university 10th in the UK for graduate employment.
Its success rate in the job market comes from a focus on courses which are geared to industry and which have a professional outcome. Strong links with the industry are a key factor, from alliances with oil and gas companies to research collaborations with more than 25 countries globally
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. For information on hostel accommodation at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, go to this link. Scholarships are available to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, A-Levels or UEC examinations.
Heriot-Watt University’s students
- 7,880 students on UK campuses, including 5,800 undergraduates and 2,080 postgraduates.
- 3,181 students at our Dubai Campus, including 2,181 undergraduates and 1,000 postgraduates.
- The Watt Club, our alumni association, was founded in 1854 making it the oldest graduate club in the UK. The Club connects over 88,000 of our alumni.
Career-relevant education at Heriot-Watt University
Responding to the needs of business and industry defines their approach. Heriot-Watt University work in partnership with the professions to develop their degrees, ensuring a career-relevant education and an environment that helps to foster the leaders of tomorrow.
Their practical, leading edge research is focused on providing solutions and is helping to tackle some of the key challenges facing contemporary society.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World for Mechanical Engineering
Heriot-Watt University is consistently ranked at a high level across a number of key university league tables.
From our research performance to student satisfaction, graduate employability and the quality of our teaching, Heriot-Watt’s status as a world-class university is independently confirmed.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings use 13 performance indicators to examine universities across all of their core missions – teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.
- Ranked in the top 300 universities worldwide (251-300).
Times Higher Education ‘Table of Tables’
THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.
- In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 27th in the UK and 3rd in Scotland
Times Higher Education Golden Age Rankings 2018
THE’s Golden Age University Rankings measures universities established between 1945 and 1967 for their teaching, research, citations, international outlook and industry income.
- Heriot-Watt is ranked 55th out of 200 institutions, from 44 countries.
The Complete University Guide 2020
- 35th in the UK and 6th in Scotland
National Student Survey 2019
The National Student Survey (NSS) is a survey which gathers honest feedback from final year undergraduates, studying full time.
- Ranked 35th in the UK for overall satisfaction, a climb of 56 places since last year.
- At least 90% of students were satisfied overall with their course in 10 of our 22 subject areas.
- 2nd in Scotland for: Mechanical Engineering;
Guardian University Guide 2020
- Ranked 61st in the UK and 8th in Scotland.
- Top 10 in UK for Chemistry, Engineering: Civil and Engineering: Mechanical.
- 1st in Scotland for Chemistry and Engineering-Mechanical.
The Times / The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
- Overall, 33rd out of 131 institutions in the UK, and 6th in Scotland.
By subject area:
- First in Scotland – five years in a row – for Building, and 3rd in the UK.
- Second in Scotland for General Engineering, and 7th in the UK.
- Second in Scotland for Mechanical Engineering, and 7th in the UK.
QS World’s University Rankings 2020
The QS World University Rankings table has been published annually since 2004. It features more than 1000 universities with each measured on a variety of factors including academic reputation and employer reputation.
- We rank 314th in the world, 38th in UK and 7th in Scotland.
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019
Heriot-Watt is ranked in the top 600 in the world (ranked 501-600) and in the UK top 50 (ranked 37-43) by the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2019.
- We have been listed for nine subjects in the Global Ranking of Academic Subjects:
- In the top 200 for Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018
- Top 150 worldwide for Chemical Engineering and Civil Engineering
- Top 200 worldwide for Electrical Engineering
- Ranked in the top universities worldwide for 12 subjects: Linguistics; Computer Science and Information Systems; Chemical Engineering; Civil and Structural Engineering; Economics; Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Chemistry; Mathematics; Physics and Astronomy; Business and Management Studies; Statistics and Operational Research (Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics).
The Times / Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019 ranked Heriot-Watt joint 17th in the UK and 1st in Scotland for graduate salaries 6 months after graduation.
- 95% of Heriot-Watt students are in employment or further study within six months of graduation