Top Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering at UOWM KDU Penang
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Mechatronics is a multidisciplinary field that focuses on mechanical, electronics and computing, in creating engineering solutions.
The Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering program at UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College is broad-based and specifically designed to integrate three major areas – electrical, electronics and mechanical engineering – into one stream. These courses give students a theoretical and practical introduction to a career in electrical, electronics & mechanical engineering. This comprehensive, organized and focused program provides the students with more flexibility in choosing or tailoring their career paths and endeavors.
This Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering is an excellent pathway for students after SPM or IGCSE O-Levels into the engineering programmes at UOWM KDU Penang.
For more information, WhatsApp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering at UOW Malaysia KDU Penang University College
The Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering program at UOWM KDU Penang is a 2.5-year programme recognised and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Upon completion of the Diploma at UOWM KDU Penang, students may continue on to the Year 2 of the UK Dual Award BSc. (Hons) Mechatronics Engineering degree.
Mechatronics is an engineering field that integrates mechanics, electronics, computer science as well as control theory. Systems such as these are used in many industries including for automation and system integration. As such, diploma holders can pursue careers in sectors such as design, manufacturing, applications and many more.
What will you gain with a Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering?
This diploma course will equip students with a strong mechatronics foundation. You will be able to:
- Apply basic mathematics and engineering science principles.
- Use basic techniques, skills and the appropriate tools for engineering needs.
- Communicate accurately, reliably and succinctly in both written and oral form.
- Have the ability to effectively carry out projects and experiments in a safe manner.
- Apply good reasoning and creative skills to solve theoretical and real-world problems.
- Collaborate and work together with other people on projects.
Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering Career Pathways
With this diploma you can pursue roles such as:
- Robotics technician
- Robotics system engineer
- Robotics test engineer
- Senior robotics specialist
- Production technician
- Junior engineer
- Engineering site technician
- Sales and marketing related to mechatronics
Is a Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering suitable for you?
If you’re wondering whether you should take up this diploma, here are some things that you should consider:
- Are you possibly seeking a career in areas such as design, development, manufacturing, maintenance and/or servicing in the future?
- Do you possess an interest in mechanics and electronics, as this program prepares you to work in the engineering sector.
- Creativity and imagination are also needed when it comes to problem solving.
- What’s your preferred work/study style? At times, you will have to work as part of a team to come up with solutions and implement them.
- A detailed and methodical approach to work will help when it comes to engineering.
Intake Dates for the Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering at UOWM KDU Penang
Intakes for the Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering course at UOWM KDU Penang are in January, March, May, July, September & October of each year. Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the exact dates.
Tuition Fees for the Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering at UOWM KDU Penang
Total tuition fees for the Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering at UOWM KDU Penang for 1 year is estimated at RM35,690. Please WhatsApp 01111408838 to request for the latest fees schedule.
- SPM / GCE O Level :
3 Credits including Mathematics and 1 relevant Science subject and a Pass in English
- UEC :
3 Credits including Credit in Mathematics and 1 Science subject
- Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) :
Pass Level 3 in related field and Pass in SPM with a minimum of 1 Credit in any subject and Pass in Mathematics
Subjects for the Diploma in Mechatronics Engineering at UOW Malaysia KDU Penang
- Semiconductor Devices & Applications
- Electric Circuit I
- Mathematics I
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Digital Electronics
- Writing and Referencing
- Engineering Mathematics II
- Basic Programming
- Electric Circuit II
- Engineering Mathematics III
- Microcontroller System Design & Applications
- Analogue Electronics
- Introduction to Inventive Problem Solving in Engineering
- Computer Aided Design / Drafting
- Engineering Materials
- Mechatronics System Design
- Instrumentation and Control
- Robotics and Automation
- Project Lab 1
- Industrial Training
- Project Lab 2
- Electric Machines
- Applied Pneumatics and Hydraulics
Study Engineering at UOWM KDU Penang
Engineering may not be the easiest areas of study, but it is the subject areas that continue to be in demand, and the graduates are also more likely to find employment quickly and work their way up the career ladder with an engineering degree under their belt. As Malaysia strives towards a developed nation status, engineers have a key-role to play in enhancing the quality of life through the advancement of science and technology. With such a pivotal role to play, qualified and skilled engineers are in escalating demand and will remain to be throughout the world.
Studying engineering also brings prestige, wide variety of career progression opportunities, having the chance to improve the world, worldwide travel and employment opportunities, as well as career satisfaction. More importantly, it sets one up for professional success. Engineers can be Entrepreneurs; we call them “Technopreneur”.
With more than 30% academicians with PhD and industry specialists from leading global corporations, we provide access to real-world technology innovations and industry insights.
UOW Malaysia KDU delivers industry-certified graduates with professional certifications (e.g. MyTRIZ, Labview, SolidWorks, Mentor Graphics), experienced in handling and solving industrial related problems. This ensures a seamless transition to employment upon graduation.
WORLD CLASS PARTNER
UOWM KDU Penang partnered with a leading UK university to give you access to a world class education in Malaysia. Northumbria University is top ten in the UK for the number of graduates entering professional employment.