Top Private University for Bachelor of Psychological Science Flinders-HELP Joint Degree Course at HELP University Subang 2 in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
The Foundation in Arts and Psychology degree programmes will be at HELP University’s new campus at Subang 2. To enter into the Foundation in Arts leading to the Psychology degree at HELP University Subang 2 Campus in Malaysia, students after SPM would need at least 5 credits in SPM including Mathematics and One Science /General Science subject.* including a pass in BM & Sejarah
The Bachelor of Psychological Science (Flinders-HELP Joint Degree) programme at HELP University Subang 2 is a rigorous psychology programme is meant for top students only in Malaysia. This historic joint degree, the first of its kind in Asia, allows students to complete a three-year degree or a four-year honours degree in Malaysia which is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC). This accreditation allows graduates of this program to apply directly to any Australian or New Zealand university to continue with their PhD or Masters studies.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
The Best Psychology Programmes Offered at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
Students in Malaysia can choose from the following top Psychology undergraduate programmes offered at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Flinders-HELP Joint Degree) at HELP University
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) (Flinders-HELP Joint Degree) at HELP University
- Bachelor of Business Psychology (Hons) Degree at HELP University
HELP University is the pioneer of psychology programmes in Malaysia and is acknowledged to be the best university for psychology in Malaysia. Note that the Australian education system is different where only top students are able to enter into the Honours degree which is the FOURTH year.
Students interested to register for the psychology degree programmes should do so early as the hostel accommodation fills up quickly. Top deserving students may apply for scholarships to study at HELP University.
About the School of Psychology at Flinders University, Australia
Psychology was originally established as a discipline at Flinders University in 1967 and became a School within the University’s revised faculty structure in 1992. It is located within the Faculty of Social and Behavioural Sciences. Graduate and undergraduate teaching began in 1967.
The School of Psychology has an outstanding international reputation in research and teaching. Professor Norman T. Feather was appointed as the foundation Professor in the new discipline in 1968, and he now retains an active Emeritus appointment. The first degrees with a major in Psychology were awarded in 1971 and the first higher degrees were awarded in 1973.
Bachelor of Psychological Science (Flinders-HELP Joint Degree) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
HELP University’s Department of Psychology and Flinders University’s School of Psychology jointly offer the Bachelor of Psychological Science and Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) degree. This historic joint degree, the first of its kind in Asia, allows students to complete a three-year degree or a four-year honours degree in Malaysia which is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC). This accreditation allows graduates of this program to apply directly to any Australian or New Zealand university to continue with their PhD or Masters studies.
This program is available for students who have completed their pre-university studies and also for HELP Bachelor of Psychology students. HELP Bachelor of Psychology students are eligible to apply to transfer into Year 2 or Year 3 of the Bachelor of Psychological Science Flinders-HELP University Joint degree programme.
Students who obtain a minimum GPA of 5.5 (out of 7) in the third year of the Bachelor of Psychological Science degree will be eligible to enter into Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours).
The subjects in Year 1 and Year 2 of the Bachelor of Psychological Science program are identical to the subjects in Year 1 and Year 2 of the HELP Bachelor of Psychology programme.
Year 1 Subjects for the Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
- Introduction to Psychology 1 (Biopsychology, Individual Differences, Cognitive Psychology)
- Introduction to Psychology 2 (Social Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Abnormal Psychology)
- Psychology of Personal and Academic Development
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Introduction to Qualitative Methods
- Career Exploration4 MPU subjects
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
- Advanced Quantitative Methods
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Social Psychology
- Human Personality
- Developmental Psychology
- Learning and Cognition1 MPU subjectPsychology Electives
Select 3 papers from the following:
- Counselling Skills
- Conflict Theory and Resolution
- Human Services
- Educational Psychology
- Group Process
- Exceptional Children: Developmental Disorders
- Introduction to Psychological Testing
1 General Elective (12 subjects)
Entry Requirements for the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Flinders-HELP Joint Degree) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4 (Honours)|
|Any of the following:
And 3 SPM / O-Level credits (all students); with a pass in Bahasa Melayu (for Malaysians only)
|Completion of HELP’s Bachelor of Psychology Year 1 (Pass grade for all subjects)||Completion of HELP’s Bachelor of Psychology Year 1 and Year 2 (Pass grade for all subjects)||Entry into the 4th year of the program is not automatic and is contingent on students obtaining a grade point average of 5.25/7 in their 3rd year modules|
Year 3 subjects of the Bachelor of Psychological Science program at HELP University
- Research Methods
- Ethics and Professional Practice in Psychology
- Cognitive Psychology
- Psychological Assessment: Basic Principles
- Undergraduate Thesis 1
- Undergraduate Thesis 2
- Interviewing and Counselling
Psychology Electives – Select 3 from the following:
- Child Development in a Cultural Context
- Abnormal Psychology
- Atypical Development
- Psychology of Work
- Human Factors
- Introduction to Neuropsychology
Bachelor of Psychological Science (Hons) (Flinders-HELP Joint Degree) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
Year 4 (Honours Year) Subjects for the Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours) at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
- Psychology Honours Thesis
- Research and Practice in Psychology: Part 1
- Research and Practice in Psychology: Part 2
- Research and Practice in Psychology: Part 3
- Contemporary Issues in Psychology
- Applications of Psychology
The Best Reasons to Study Psychology at HELP University Subang 2
- One of the largest undergraduate psychology programs in Asia with over 1,100 full time students majoring in psychology
- A strong faculty consisting of over 41 staff members, with a team of 35 psychology academic staff who specialize in different areas of psychology and counselling
- A pioneer in psychology among private institutions in Malaysia
- 4 Masters programs in psychology for full time students and working adults
- A facilitative and interactive program that attracts top student achievers from all over Malaysia and around the world
- The first non-Australian University to attain the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accreditation for an undergraduate psychology program
- An all round educational experience that strikes a balance between theory and practice
- Guaranteed transfer arrangements with over 50 top universities in the US, Australia, UK and New Zealand
- Complete academic support services including online access to over 500,000 full text articles from over 370 psychology journals from around the world, including all major journals from the influential American Psychological Association (APA)
- Opportunities for practical training through internships with over 200 organizations
The Top Psychology Programme at HELP University Subang 2 Campus
The Psychology Research Colloquium at HELP University
This is an in-house research conference held twice a year in April and November giving HELP Psychology students the opportunity to present their research to their peers and faculty staff. It refl ects our commitment to train students in how to design, implement, analyse, and report research in psychology.
Psychological & Counselling Services
With a team of Clinical Psychologists and Counsellors, HELP offers students free counselling and consulting services to ensure a high level of mental health. Career counselling and personal development services are also available to all HELP students.
Psychology students who demonstrate academic excellence and good communication skills will be invited to apply for positions as student tutors. Their roles will include giving academic mentoring to students and assisting the lecturers in course preparation.
This opportunity to work with academic staff on research is the ideal training ground for HELP Psychology students wanting to pursue further studies in psychology.
All HELP Psychology students are encouraged to seek work experience in a variety of areas before they graduate. The Department of Psychology will help link students with internship sites in their area of interest.
These seminars are conducted on a weekly basis and are presented by visiting lecturers, professors and speakers from different areas of expertise.
International Conference Fund
The department sets aside funding every year for undergraduate students to present their research papers at international conferences.
Dr Goh Chee Leong, Vice-President and Dean at HELP University. BA (Hons) Psychology (Otago), PhD (Otago). Dr Goh is
the President Elect of ARUPS (ASEAN Regional Union of Psychological Societies) and the President of PSIMA (Malaysian Psychological Association). He is a consultant for many organizations including UNICEF, Maxis, Petronas, DiGi and CIMB. His interests include work psychology, stress and children’s rights.
HELP University’s Psychology Alumni
HELP University’s psychology graduates have gone on to secure scholarships to complete their PhDs in top universities around the world, including Cambridge, Oxford, University College London, London School of Economics, University of Chicago and the University of Pennsylvania.
OLIVER CHAN HENG CHOON
PhD candidate, University of South Florida
Oliver obtained his Masters in Forensic Psychology at Marymount University in 2005 and has worked as an FBI Violent Criminal Apprehension Program Analyst at the Washington DC Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Case Review Unit after graduating there. He is now pursuing his PhD in Criminology in the University of South Florida.
SARAH LIM POE YIAN
Management Consultant, Shell
Sarah completed a Psychology honours degree in Bemidji State University. Sarah was the first recipient of the Centre for Psychology Award for being the top student of the HELP psychology program with a Grade A average. She is currently the Planning Lead in Shell’s Application Support Strategy & Planning Organisation.
HANNAH LIM PEI ERN
Hannah won the University of Leeds Award of Excellence in her third year, in addition to receiving a full scholarship from HELP. She was a senior tutor as well as the former president of the HELP Psychology Student Council. She was selected to join GE’s Graduate Leadership Program while studying in HELP. She is currently an HR advisor in Shell Malaysia.
CELESTIE CHAN SHIAO CHING
A former student of Bukit Jalil National Sports School, Kuala Lumpur, Celestie won 3 gold and 2 silver medals during the 2001 SEA Games for gymnastics. With over 7 years of international competitive experience, she was recently appointed the gymnastics coach for the Western Australian State Team.
Working Internships for HELP University Psychology Students
All HELP psychology students are encouraged to seek work experience in a variety of areas before they graduate. The Department of Psychology will help link students with internship sites in their area of interest including social work, corporate psychology, child care and education as well as research and training.
Following are some of the top global organizations that have accepted our students as their interns and employment:
- General Electric (GE)
- World Vision
- Alliance Bank
- Prudential Assurance Malaysia
- Hewitt Associates Sdn Bhd
- National Autism Society of Malaysia (NASOM)
- Johnson & Johnson Malaysia
- Citibank Berhad
- Kurnia Insurance (M) Sdn Bhd
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Youth Malaysia
- Maxis Communications Sdn Bhd
- IBM Global Business Services
- Ogilvy & Mather
- Nanyang Siang Pau
- Teambuilders International
- Deloitte Kassim Chan
- Cardas Research & Consulting Group