Award-Winning Top Multimedia University (MMU) Rankings in Malaysia & the World
- What are the Global & Malaysian rankings for Multimedia University (MMU)?
- Comprehensive list of the awards & achievements for Multimedia University (MMU) Malaysia to help students choose well
Multimedia University (MMU) remains strong when the varsity is being counted as one of the Top 7 among Private Universities in Malaysia in the QS World University Ranking (WUR) 2021. Furthermore, we are very proud that the WUR has placed us in the Top 2 in Computer Science, and in the Top 3 in Electrical & Electronics amongst Malaysian private varsities. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best courses in Malaysia that’s affordable.
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally for can enter the affordable Foundation or Diploma courses at Multimedia University (MMU). Upon completion, students will continue on to the various degree programmes available. Furthermore, 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation programmes at Multimedia University (MMU) as well as the degree programmes.
When choosing a university in Malaysia to study, it is important to make your decisions based on facts and evidence. Rankings, awards and student achievements are evidence that the quality of a university in Malaysia is the best in that particular course. EduSpiral Consultant Services is an officially appointed agent to represent Multimedia University (MMU) to provide counseling, course information and assist in student applications. Read on below to see the rankings, awards and achievements of Multimedia University (MMU).
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, Whatsapp 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced courselor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) is Ranked Top in Malaysia and the World
Since its establishment MMU has received many recognitions and achievements. The Malaysian government – through the Malaysian Qualifications Agency under the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) has granted MMU Self-Accreditation status, formally acknowledging that the university is a trustworthy institution, whose programmes continuously meet or exceed strict specifications.
MMU has been accorded the status of a Premier Digital Tech University by the Malaysian government, via MoHE, and is now officially recognised as one of the best places in the country to pursue computer and technology-related programmes. In addition, MDEC’s Malaysia Digital Talent Study 2017 Final Findings by Frost and Sullivan has revealed that MMU graduates are most preferred by IT industries in Malaysia. As a result of the university growing from strength to strength, the MMU brand has grown in prominence. In 2019, MMU was awarded with the Superbrand status, in addition to winning the silver medal in the Putra Brands Award 2019, under the Education and Learning category.
In 2020, MMU was awarded the 5 Stars in SETARA 2019 (Very Competitive). SETARA is a ranking/rating carried out by the Ministry of Education Malaysia to assess Malaysia’s universities and colleges in teaching, research, and service.
Multimedia University (MMU) Rankings
MMU remains strong when the varsity is being counted as one of the Top 7 among Private Universities in Malaysia in the QS World University Ranking (WUR) 2021. Furthermore, MMU is placed in the Top 2 in Computer Science, and in the Top 3 in Electrical & Electronics amongst Malaysian private varsities.
Quacquarelli-Symonds (QS) World University Rankings: Asia 2022
Multimedia University is ranked 189 making it into the Top 200 universities in Asia.
Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2021
Multimedia University (MMU) made its debut in the Times Higher Education (THE) Impact Rankings 2021, where the varsity is ranked at 601-800 worldwide. The impact rankings measure global universities’ success in delivering the 17 United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals.
THE Young University Rankings 2021
MMU continues to be ranked in the 351 – 400 band, the same one we occupied when we were first included in the Times Higher Education (THE) Young University Rankings 2021.
THE Asia University Rankings 2021 (Top 10 in Malaysia)
Multimedia University (MMU) remains strong in the Times Higher Education (THE) Asia Rankings for the year 2021. The university is ranked at 401+ among universities across Asia. The rankings also listed MMU as Top 10 among all universities in Malaysia.
THE World University Rankings 2021 (Emerging Economies)
MMU Continues Its Excellence Standing in the 401-500 World Rank in THE World University Rankings 2021 (Emerging Economies)
MMU continues to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with other higher-education giants of the world. MMU maintains its ranking with significant improvements in citations, international outlook, and teaching.
QS World University Rankings 2021
MMU remains strong when the varsity is being counted as one of the Top 7 among Private Universities in Malaysia in the QS World University Ranking (WUR) 2021. Furthermore, we are very proud that the WUR has placed us in the Top 2 in Computer Science, and in the Top 3 in Electrical & Electronics amongst Malaysian private varsities.
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Top 5 – Malaysian Private University in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
MMU enters the rankings as the 34th best university in the ASEAN region and is listed among the top few universities in Malaysia. This is the first time that MMU has qualified to enter the THE rankings.
Top 200 in QS Asia University Ranking 2020
QS World University Rankings is an annual publication of university rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS). Multimedia University falls within the Top 200 QS Asia University Ranking 2020 due to our holistic education and excellent academic reputation.
Awarded Silver Award under the Education & Learning Category at Putra Brand Awards 2019
The awards, also known as the People’s Choice Awards, recognises brand building as an integral business investment and is measured by consumer preference. The Putra Brand Awards is organised by the Association of Accredited Advertising Agents Malaysia (4As). It is the only brand awards in Malaysia endorsed by Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) and supported by the Branding Association of Malaysia (BAM), the Malaysian Advertisers Association (MAA), and the Media Specialists Association (MSA)
Premier Digital Tech Institution Status 2019
The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) and the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) awarded eight universities and five polytechnics with the Premier Digital Tech University and Preferred Digital Tech Polytechnic status respectively. MMU stood among seven other universities in awarding the status, together with Universiti Malaya, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Tunku Abdul Rahman University College, Sunway University, Taylor’s University and Asia Pacific University. MMU further fortified its position as the Premier Digital Tech Institution when the university is continuously recognised as one of the senior institutes in Premier Digital Tech which was accorded by the Ministry of Higher Education and Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
Awarded Self- Accreditation Self-Accreditation Status Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) 2017
The Malaysian Qualifications Agency or the MQA is a statutory body in Malaysia set up under the Malaysian Qualifications Act 2007 to accredit academic programs provided by educational institutions providing post secondary or higher education and facilitate the accreditation and articulation of qualifications.
Malaysian Firms Most Preferred IT Graduates Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific 2017
Multimedia University is committed in serving Malaysian industries and become the most preferred source of skilled knowledge workers in the field of information technology (IT), computer science and digital technologies. Produced by Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific, the report evaluated talent availability and suitability in Malaysia covering both local and foreign graduates for the country’s digital economy sector.
Top 3 – Most Entrepreneurial Private University MOHE Entrepreneurial Award (MEA) 2016
The Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) introduced MOHE Entrepreneurial Awards (MEA) to act as a catalyst for the creation of a conducive entrepreneurial ecosystem and holistic entrepreneurship development in Malaysian Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in 2012. The award was adapted from the Times Higher Education “Entrepreneurial University Award of the Year’”, sponsored by the National Centre for Entrepreneurship in Education, United Kingdom.
97% employability within 6 months of graduation
MMU produces industry-ready graduates who enjoy high employability among the most sought after in the industry. The 2015 surveys conducted by MMU and the Higher Education Ministry of Malaysian showed 97% of its graduates secured employment within six months of completing studies – one of the highest employment rate for a private Malaysian university. MMU nurtures entrepreneurial skills among students to ensure that they become employers if they choose in the future.
List of Awards & Achievements for Multimedia University (MMU)
- MMU Team emerges Runner-Up for Motor Vehicle Design in the Shell Eco-Marathon Asia 2021
- MMU wins Bizmaker Competition 2021
- MMU Students Virtual Reality project among Top 4 Best Student Game at SEA Games Awards 2020
- Faculty of Business Student wins “Pertandingan Menulis Rencana Akhbar” 2021
- 3 MMU Teams attain Project Happiness 2021 Grant
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology Team wins 1st Consolation Prize in the Crown Prince CIPTA Award 2021
- MMU Team wins Gold Award in the MTE 2021: The 2nd Covid-19 International Innovation Awards
- MMU Bags Outstanding Professor of the Year Award
- MMU Lecturer & Students win Young Investigator Award 2021
- MMU Lecturers bag Gold Award at the Penang Invention, Innovation & Design (IID) 2021
- MMU Student bags Gold Award at EduInnovation 2020
- MMU Student Emerge Champion at ESU Public Speaking Competition 2021
- MMU Team emerge at Champion of Dota2 in University e-League 2021
- Faculty of Business Students win Second Runner Up – The Most Agile Team Award in the ICAEW China & South-East Asia Business Challenge 2020
- MMU Professor Bags CIMA Research Excellence Award 2020
- MMU Research Team Bags the Semi-Grand Prize at the 5th International Invention Innovation Competition in Canada (iCAN 2020)
- MMU Student wins 3rd Prize in MyTiger Values Art Competition 2020
- MMU Students bag First Prize at IDE-A Competition 2020
- MMU Students bag Gold Award and the Best Young Inventor Award in ISEBA 2020
- 2 MMU Researchers receive Top Research Scientist Malaysia 2020 Awards
- Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018.
- 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed MMU as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering” and “Computer Science & Information Systems”
- 2017 – Multimedia University (MMU) was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), in recognition of its achievements and dedication in offering top-notch digital technology courses, and in doing so ensuring the continued supply of highly-skilled graduates needed by the digital economy locally and globally.
- 2017 – Multimedia University (MMU), together with seven other higher learning institutions have been awarded the self-accreditation status by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Nursyafiqah Azlan from Faculty of Creative Multimedia secures finalist place in Student Focus final of 2017 Sony World Photography Awards
- Foundation in Engineering & Technology Senior Lecturer from MMU Melaka, Dr. Ervina Efzan Mhd Noor won Second Place for Green Innovation Category at the Melaka Green Award 2017 through her innovation in Banana Stem Glass Project.
- 2017- MMU Melaka Campus secured the Second Place for Green Practice Category Award in the Melaka Green Award 2017.
- Most Entrepreneurial Private University in MOHE Entrepreneurial Award (MEA) 2016
- Yasmin Ahmad Ariffin, from the Faculty of Management, Multimedia University (MMU) was the (Ernst & Young) EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2016 Malaysia. Yasmin represented Malaysia at the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year international finals.
- 2017 – MMU Faculty of Engineering earns four (4) accolades from the global professional association,
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- 2016 – MMU Prosecution Team, composed of four Faculty of Law students emerged as the Champion of the International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Moot Competition Malaysia
- MMU to Represent Malaysia at Asia Pacific Round of IHL Moot Competition 2017 in Hong Kong
- 2016 – Ir. Prof. Dr. Sim Kok Swee from Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) with his team members, Desmond Kho Teck Kiang, EE Chung Sheng, Victor Teh, Nicholas Koh, Ting Fung Fung and Lim Zheng You had won the Kristal Awards Q2/2016 Telekom Malaysia (TM), for Group Category.
- 2016 – Multimedia University (MMU) students won three awards in the Degree Category of the Institute of Higher Learning-Multimedia Super Corridor (IHL-MSC) Malaysia Start-up Challenge 2016
- 2016, two of Faculty of Business (FOB) lecturers, Nurshamimah Samsuddin and Maliza Mohd Nor
won a Gold Medal in the Invention, Innovation & Design Exposition 2016 (IIDEX 2016) at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Lendu, Melaka for their research on Autism Kids: Survivor Quiet Book.
- 2016 – Three of Faculty of Computing and Informatics (FCI) students won the First Runner Up at the inaugural CIMB Data Science Challenge 2016 held at Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), Cyberjaya. The students, Khor Huai Qian, Hii Yong Lian and Lee Zhen Yong who named their team as MoCHA, won cash prize RM8,000
- 2016 – MMU professor from Faculty of Engineering, Prof. Dr. Ong Duu Sheng was invited to speak at Policy Forum on ‘Higher education quality and employability: How can Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) contribute?’ at Xiamen, Fujian, China.
- 2016 – Faculty of Cinematic Art (FCA) student, Thevanesan Kuna Cegeram won the first runner up in
Astro’s Vaannavil Short Film Contest 2016
- 2016 – MMU professor, Prof. Dr. Murali Raman, the Dean of Faculty of Management (FOM) received the National Award for Outstanding Educator (Management of Information Technology) in the Education Cooperation of Private Universities in Malaysia (EDUCOOP)
- 2016 – Faculty of Cinematic Art (FCA), Chan Teik Quan through his short film entitled ‘Spotlight’, won the Best International Film in Take 21 Film Festival 2016 (formerly known as Toronto Short Film Festival – TSFF) organised at Toronto, Canada. The film, starring Adam Zainal and Sahira Jeff‑ry, the FCA students, was screened at the Bloor Hot Docs Theatre, Toronto Canada. The festival has received hundreds of submissions from almost every continent on the globe.
2016 – MMU lecturer from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET ), Dr. Ervina Efzan Mhd Noor, has won a gold medal at The 8th EUROPEAN Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation (EUROINVENT 2016 ), in Lasi, Romania
- 2016 – Multimedia University (MMU) has bagged a total of 12 medals, consisting a big sweep of 9 Golds and 3 Silvers in the 27th International Invention & Innovation Exhibition (ITEX) 2016 on 13 May 2016. ITEX is one of the largest invention exhibitions in the world and is a showcase of the region’s best inventions from Asia and Europe.
- 2015 – Prof. Dr. Wong Hin Yong of Faculty of Engineering was pronounced as the Honoree of the Ten Outstanding Young Malaysian (TOYM) Award 2015
2015 – The latest mobile apps, Qtix which was invented by MMU students has been listed in the top ten of Asian Tech Startups Website
- 2015 – Prof. Dr. Ho Chin Kuan of FCI was honored with the prestigious award from the 6th Asia’s Education Excellence Awards for Outstanding Contribution to Education at Singapore.
- 2015 – MMU Faculty of Creative Multimedia students, Abdullah Amirulamin Hamid won the first prize while Gabriel Zoe Chew won its consolation prize in the Photography Category at Vision Petron; National Student Art Competition 2015 organised by Petron Malaysia.
- 2015 – Multimedia University (MMU) has officially emerged as one of the seven universities selected to embark into the newest initiatives of training CtoCinternship pilot program by Google Malaysia called Google Ignite.
- 2015 – Six students from Faculty of Management MMU Cyberjaya emerged as second runner up in
the first Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Regional Business Challenge at Connexion@Nexus Bangsar Kuala Lumpur. The team comprising of Beh Chun Chuan, Dursharlmini Sivam, Rita Ling Yann Bing, Seow Qianru, Andrew Wong Theng Fong and Chan Jun Wing stood up among 23 other teams from four ASEAN countries.
- 2015 – Students from Faculty of Management team won the Tomei Group for “Innovative Youth, Future Business Leader 2.0″competition
- 2015 – MMU RoboForce teams have won 2nd and 3rd places in Tunnel Escape Robot category in the Robot Games competition
- MMU successfully walked away with 1 Gold and 11 Silver Award during the 26th International
Invention & Innovation Exhibition (ITEX) 2015
- 2015 MSC APICTA – Merit Award
- 2015 – Students Tan Ji Sheng from MMU Cyberjaya and Lee Song from MMU Melaka were crowned as first and second runner up champion of Universal Window App Category in The Windows 10 Gam Jam Hackathon. It was organised by Microsoft Student Partners Malaysia (MSP Malaysia) and Microsoft Malaysia
- Tan Yong Lin from Faculty of Creative Multimedia was announced as one of the category winners in the 2015 Sony World Photography Awards, the world’s biggest photography competition.
MMU has strengthened its position in the global engineering sector when one of its researcher, Professor Ir. Dr. Sim Kok Swee was appointed as a Fellow of The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), effectively commencing on 8 April 2015
- 2015 – MMU team, consisting of members, Vivian Chua, Eva Low and Nurain Lokman from the
Faculty of Management, powered to be the championship of the second Deloitte Malaysia Risk Intelligence Challenge Trophy(RICT).
- MMU Engineering was listed Top 200 of the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings by Subject 2015 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- 2015 – MMU Researchers won 1 Gold & 11 Silver in International Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX) 2015
- 2014 – Prof. Dr. Hairul Azhar from Faculty of Engineering was named as one of the Top Research Scientist Malaysia (TRSM) by the Academy of Science Malaysia (ASM)
- 2014 – MMU researcher gained the title of Top Research Scientist Malaysia (TRSM) 2014. Ir.
Professor Dr. Sim Kok Swee received the higher recognition from Academic Science Malaysia as Top Research Scientists Malaysia (TRSM)
- 2014 – Dr. Shaista from Faculty of Management research paper, “Comparative study of the performance of Islamic and conventional banks: The case of Malaysia” has been selected by the Emerald Insight journal’s Editorial Team as the Outstanding Paper of 2013
- 2014 – MMU Team Won the 1st prize in the Big App Challenge 1.0
- 2014 – MMU Team Won the 1st prize in theMobile Data Hackathon
- 2014 – MMU RoboForce team headed by Mr. Lim Chee Siong and Mr. Lee Chee Cheong has won the 1st runner-up in the Robo-Soccer competition
- MMU swept away a total of 16 awards out of 24 awards contested at the “Filem Festival Pelajar ke-11
- MMU Faculty of Engineering Team Bagged the 1st and 2nd spot at Innovate Malaysia 2014
2014 – Mr Joseph Emerson Raja, a lecturer from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology has won the silver medal award for his poster in the Innovative Practices in Higher Education Expo 2014 (I-PHEX 2014)
- 2014 – MMU Student, Hon Siong Chong, was selected to be part of the Google Student Ambassador Program
- MMU lecturer, Dr. Tan Wooi Nee from the Faculty of Engineering was awarded the Best Paper Award at the 2014 International Conference on Digital Image Processing (ICDIP 2014), that was held in Athens, Greece.
- MMU Students & Alumni Won in AngelHack 2014
- Dr. Deepak Kumar from the Faculty of Engineering was awarded the “Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi
Samman – 2014” Award in New Delhi, for his outstanding research and book publication, which gained the recognition in India.
- A student of Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Ms. Losini a/p Amarasan has won the Material Lecture Competition 2014 (MLC 2014)
- MMU won 6 gold and 6 silver awards for the 12 products showcased in the 25th International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX) 2014.
- MMU has gained the recognition as One of Asia’s Best Private Education Institutes by World Consulting & Research Corporation (WCRC) 2014.
- MMU is listed in the Top 200 QS World University Rankings by Subject in Computer Science & Information System 2014
- 2013 – MMU Won 3 Gold & 4 Silver in International Invention, Innovation and Technology
Exhibition (ITEX) 2013
- PECIPTA 2013 – MMU won BEST OF THE BEST AWARD, 3 Gold, 4 Silver & 7 Bronze
- i-Hack 2013 – Champion, Student Security Project Competition
- 2012 E-Genting Programming Competition – MMU Students won 2nd Place & Merit
- In 2012, MMU was awarded the Export Excellence Award (Services) Category II from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).
- MSC Malaysia-IHL Business Plan Competition 2011/2012 – Second Runner Up and Merit Prize
- 2011 Brand Excellence Award (Services Professional) from the Industry Excellence Award (IEA).
- 2011 – Cisco Malaysia Networking Skill Competition – MMU Students won the 1st, 3rd, 4th & 7th Place Winner
- Industry Excellence Award 2004 – Export Excellence Award in Education.
- According to the QS Asian University Rankings 2012, Multimedia University is the sole Malaysian private university to be ranked among the top 200 in Asia.
Awards won by the Faculty of Creative Multimedia Multimedia University (MMU)
After more than ten years of extensive planning, research and development, the Faculty of Creative Multimedia boasts amazing accomplishments by students’ and members who have received close to 100 recognitions in the form of awards and grants locally and internationally. The following are among the prestigious awards and film festivals that the faculty has gained recognition from:
|Pertandingan Produk Dari Songket Anugerah Yayasan Tuanku Nur Zahirah||Champion
Young Designer Award – Handicraft CategoryBostami Ahmad
|International University Carnival on eLearning (IUCEL) 2016||Gold Medal
Participant: Low Jing Hong (FOM) ,Hew Soon Hin (FCM), and Wong Chee On (FCM)Research Center: Centre for Adaptive Multimedia Education & Learning cOntent Technologies (Camelot)
|MALAYSIAN INDIAN CINE AWARDS 2016 (MICA)||FEATURE FILM, “VERE VAZHI ILLE” (NO WAY OUT)
Astro First Special Award
Best Supporting Actress
Best Male Singer
Best Make-up ArtisteVimala Perumal, Producer
|9th KL Eco Film Festival (KLEFF), 2016||Finalist, BEST ANIMATION
Harith Azmi, “Don’t Cut Trees”
|Pertandingan Reka Cipta dan Inovasi Institusi Pengajian Tinggi Swasta (PERINTIS) 2016||SILVER AWARD
Title: From Agora to Olympus: A Blended Learning System for Authentic and Collaborative Student Learning with The MILE ProjectProject Team: Prof. Dr. Neo Mai, Prof. Dr. Neo Tse Kian, Heidi Tan Yeen-Ju
|INVENTION, INNOVATION & DESIGN EXPOSITION 2016 (IIDEX 2016)||SILVER MEDAL
Title: mPatches: Multimedia-based mobile learning for effective blended learningProject Team: Nordiana Ludin, Prof. Dr. Neo Mai, Heidi Tan Yeen-JuPostgraduate student (Nordiana Ludin, Masters by Research)
|ITEX 2016||GOLD AWARD
Title: Engage, enhance, Empower, Enjoy: A holistic teaching and learning platform from learning content to e-portfolio with MILE@EduProject Team: Prof. Dr. Neo Mai, Prof. Dr. Neo Tse Kian, Dr. Bhawani Selvaretnam, Heidi Tan Yeen-Ju, Dr. Kwok Wai Jing, Ang Kok Yew, Nordiana Ludin, Lim Choon Hong, Tan Chee Kean, Ny Yong Yang
|MAMPU 48-Hour Hackathon||Won Grand Prize (RM10,000.00) in a MAMPU 48-Hour Hackathon organised by MAMPU utilising publicly accessible Open Data hosted on a portal by the Malaysian Government (http://www.data.gov.my). Dr Hafizuddin Yusof from FCM and his team consists of Adrian Wong (MMU Alumni, CEO of Corner Rooms Studio), and Azlan Shah (UiTM Alumni, Mobile lead developer of Corner Rooms Studio).
|24-Hour Hackathon, Malaysia Developers Day 2016 #MYDD2016||Won Best App for Smart City (USD1,000.00) in a 24-Hour Hackathon organised by MCMC and AT&T in conjunction with Malaysia Developers Day 2016 #MYDD2016. Dr Hafizuddin Yusof from FCM and his team consists of Adrian Wong (MMU Alumni, CEO of Corner Rooms Studio), Azlan Shah (UiTM Alumni, Mobile lead developer of Corner Rooms Studio) and Zulfa Juniadi (Director of Sands Consulting Sdn. Bhd.)
|Cyber Entrepreneurship Competition 2016||Grand Prize
Wee Jia Foong, Yoon Wai Lum
|IUCEL 2016||Gold Award
Memorise Chinese Characters with One Plus One is More Than Two
|ITEX 2016||Gold Award
S3DIR2- Stereoscopic 3D Image Recomposition and Retargeting
|13th IAWRT Asian Women’s Film Festival||Timun Mas – screening
Director: Gatya Pratiniyata, 2009
|SAS2016 – The Cosmos of Animation||AFX Screened work
1. Timun Mas
2. Flowers of Guernica
3. Don’t play Play
4. First Date
|Autodesk Malaysia Design Competition (AMDC)||Winner
Mohd Rasydan b. Naim
|2nd Art and Design International Conference 2016 (AnDIC 2016)||Best paper Award
Zainudin Bin SiranPapers title:
1. Design Elements: The Interaction of Elderly People on Product Interfaces.
Authors: Zainudin Siran (MMU) and Shahriman Zainal Abidin (UiTM)2. Elderly Usability Interaction Design Model for Home Appliances: Theoretical Framework.
Authors: Zainudin Siran (MMU), Rusmadiah Anwar (UiTM) and Shahriman Zainal Abidin (UiTM)Paper rank: SCOPUS Index and to be publish in Springer as a book chapter.
|BDB KEDAH PHOTO QUEST 2016||GRAND PRIZE
Muhamad Aiman Naufal B. Mohd Nasir
|PERTANDINGAN KLIP VIDEO PENDEK SEMPENA SAMBUTAN BULAN BAHASA KEBANGSAAN 2016 DEWAN BAHASA DAN PUSTAKA (DBP)||THIRD PLACE
Abdul Hannan Affiq Bin Abdul Halim
Aliff Hazim Bin Mohd Anuar
|2015 STUDENT KANCIL AWARDS||Bronze Award|
|2015 FESTIVAL KANDUNGAN KREATIF PELAJAR MALAYSIA (FKKPM12)||1st, 2nd, 3rd – Advertisement Category
1st, 2nd, 3rd – PSA Category
1st, 2nd, 3rd – Animation Category
2nd – Music Video Category
3rd – Short Film Category
Best Visual Effects
Best Music Score
Best Animation Character
|I-PHEX2015||Silver Medal, MILE@Edu: A student-centred learning platform for problem-solving and collaborative learning lead by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mai Neo with project Members namely Assoc. Prof. Dr. Neo Tse Kian, Dr. Bhawani Selvaratnam, Dr. Kwok Wai Jing, Ms. Heidi Tan Yeen Ju, Mr. Lim Jia Liang, Ms. Nordiana Ludin, Mr. Ang Kok Yew, Mr. Lim Choon Hoong, Mr. Tan Chee Kean, Mr. Ng Yong Yang|
|2014 STUDENT KANCIL AWARDS||Merit Award|
|2014 FESTIVAL FILEM PELAJAR MALAYSIA (FFP11)||1st, 2nd, 3rd – Short Film Category
1st, 2nd, 3rd – Advertisement Category
1st, 2nd, 3rd – Experimental Video Category
1st, 2nd – PSA Category
1st, 2nd – Animation Category
3rd – Documentary Category
Best Visual Effects
Best Sound Effects
Best Music Score
Special Award – Best Animation Character
Special Award – ‘Inovasi Metamorfosis’
|ITEX 2014||Silver Medal, A Student-centred Knowledge Platform for Problem-solving and Cooperative Learning: MILE Project lead by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mai Neo with project Members namely Assoc. Prof. Dr. Neo Tse Kian, Ms. Joyce Kwok Wai Jing, Ms. Heidi Tan Yeen Ju, Mr. Lai Chen Haw|
|2013 PECIPTA||Silver Award for Developing a student-learning model for authentic and collaborative learning : The MILE Project lead by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Mai Neo with project Members namely Assoc. Prof. Dr. Neo Tse Kian, Ms. Joyce Kwok Wai Jing, Ms. Heidi Tan Yeen Ju, Mr. Lai Chen Haw|
|2013 PECIPTA||Silver Award for Vetti Pasanga (A Movie) lead by Ms. Vimala Perumal with project Member, Mr.Denes Kumar. The movie was an ideal product that provides opportunity to promote ideas, while collaborating between educational institutions and the industry. This movie has been ranked as No. 2 as Top 13 must watch movie by The Malay Mail after Conjuring dated 31 December 2013.|
|2013 Hack In The Box||Mr. Tan Shek Chien who recently graduated from the Interface Design (ID) programme together with his team member and Microsoft intern, Mr. Tham Cheng Bin, won the Best Windows Phone 8 Mobile App in the SOS App category by developing a mobile app named “Alert” within 24-hours!|
|2013 Microsoft Malaysia Innovate for Good||Nur Diana Natasya Maarof and Tengku Aisyah Zaharah Tengku Anuar Mussaddad, won first prize in the Microsoft YouthSpark program under the category called “Volunteerism”.|
|MSC-Malaysia-IHL Business Plan Competition 2012/2013||AppVibe, consists of Azri Ahmad, Maziyar Shariat Panahi and Lina Fadzlina won the Champion for Business Plan Category.|
|2012 DigiCon6||KITIK, an animated short directed and created by Faculty Animation and Visual Effects Programme students, Ardhira Anugerah Putra, Duan Ronaldo, Nathania Devita, Nora Edrina (Bakekok Productions) has won 2nd Place for the Malaysian leg to The Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS) DigiCon6 Competition.|
|2012 Olympic Fine Arts(London)||Staff Mastura Abdul Rahman’s artwork has been selected for Creative Circles Collection – Fine Arts Exhibition London 2012 – Olympic Fine Arts 2012 (London). She was invited to represent Malaysia for this Art Exhibition in conjunction with Olympic Game 2012, London, August 2012. Title of the work is Dari Jendelaku: Alam pun Berolahraga (From My Window: Nature at Play).|
|2012 PEKOMIK||Staff Anuar Hassan’s work, APO? Magazines, was awarded as Best Comic Award, by PEKOMIK, Malaysia. June 2012.|
|2012 Ricoh’s Image and Change Competition||Staff Anuar Hassan has won the grand prize for Ricoh’s Image and Change Competition: Make a Change in 100 minutes Comic Contest, Dec 2012.|
|2012 ITEX||Silver Awards in 23rd International Invention, Innovation & Technology Exhibition (ITEX 2012), 17-19 May 2012. “D-Glo- Motocyclist luminous safety jacket: by Muammar Gaddafi Bin A. Kadir and Khong Chee Weng (Staff), Industry Design Category.|
|2012 MDEC ICONapps ICON2 Awards||MDEC ICONapps ICON2 Awards, Shortlisted and available on Apple App Store, March 2012. “NasiLemak” by Adrian Goo, Foong Ka Loun, Kevin Khor and Khong Chee Weng (Staff). Also Special Invitation to showcase at GoMobile 2012 App City event, KLCC.|
|2010 POTY||International Award received by Staff Kamarulzaman b. Russali Journey of Ocean Life Winner: 1st Place – POTY2010 Travel Category, Digital Camera Photographer of the Year 2010, UK, 7th December 2010|
|2010 SUHAKAM Photo Competition||Award received by Staff Kamarulzaman b. Russali: 2nd Place, Human Rights from Your Perspectives – SUHAKAM Photo Competition, Malaysia, 15th December 2010.|
|2010 Facing The Climate. Cartoon Drawing Contest||1st Prize, Facing The Climate. Cartoon Drawing Contest. New Straight Times (M), IKANO Power Centre, Damansara, 17 October 2010.|
|2010 MSC Malaysia Intellectual Property Creators Challenge Competition||Grant Prize Winner, Digital Interactive Comic Category, MSC Malaysia Intellectual Property Creators Challenge Competition 2010, MDEC Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 13 July 2010. Grand Prize Winner, The Drive To Shop, Signature Design Contest, Kimberley Clark (M), Kuala Lumpur, February 2010.|
|2010 ‘Zakat’ Short Film and TV Commercial Competition||1st,2nd and 3rd Prize ‘Zakat’ Short Film and TV Commercial Competition 2010. Pusat Pungutan Zakat Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan (PPZ-MAIWP) 2010.|
|2010 ‘Zakat’ Short Film and TV Commercial Competition||Best Directing/Director and Best Cinematography.‘Zakat’ Short Film and TV Commercial Competition 2010. Pusat Pungutan Zakat Majlis Agama Islam Wilayah Persekutuan (PPZ-MAIWP) 2010.|
|2010 ‘Francais Malaysia’ Logo Design Competition||Winner, ‘Francais Malaysia’ Logo Design Competition, Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism, Malaysia, 30th Julai 2010.|
|2010 10th MSC-Apicta Malaysia Awards||Winner, Best of Tertiary Student Project – Creative Multimedia, 10th MSC-Apicta Malaysia Awards, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Finalist, Best of Media & Entertainment, 10th MSC-Apicta Malaysia Awards, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 9 Aug 2010.|
|2010 23rd Malaysia Film Festival||Winner, Best Animation, Finalist, Best Animation, 23rd Malaysia Film Festival, Shah Alam, Malaysia. 24 Oct 2010|
|2010 Signature Design Contest||Special Prize, Microsoft Malaysia Genuine Rewards, Signature Design Contest, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 18 October 2010.|
|2010 “Icon Designs on Public Payphones in Malaysia”||Finalist, International Award for Excellence in design principles and practices. “Icon Designs on Public Payphones in Malaysia”. Design Principles and Practices: An International Journal, Illinois, USA, November 2011 (University of Illinois, USA).|
|2010 IGTRC||IGTRC 2010 Best Paper Award Khairul Hazrin b. Hashim Best paper award for inter-disciplinary and comparative approaches to the study of tourism and hospitality at the 2010 International Graduate Tourism Research Conference.|
|2010 Inno-Fest||FCM’s debut Exhibition at the National Art Gallery in conjunction with Inno-Fest 2010 from 19-20th June.|
|2009 FFPVPM 6||2009 Best Exeperimental Flim/Video – Festival Filem dan Video Pelajar Malaysia ke-6 (FFPVPM 6) 2007, 10 January 2008, Universiti Putra Malaysia. Film by Wan Affendy Abdullah (Student category).|
|2009 NEXTGEN Contentpreneur Award||– Most amazing visual effects: Tree of Life – Pestilence – Muhammad Faiz bin Abu Bakar (Winner)
– Outstanding music video: Mission AR #340 – Ahmad Faris Shah bin Azman (Winner)
– Exceptional graphic design: Lovetini – Ooi Shin (Winner)
– Incomparable animation: Tree of life – Hazli Hazlan bin Kassim (Winner)
– Extraordinary short content mobile: Overtake – Muhammad Firdaus bin Hashim (Winner)
– Extraordinary short content TV: Pestilence – Muhammad Faiz bin Abu Bakar (Winner)
|2008 FFPVPM 5||2008 Festival Filem dan Video Pelajar Malaysia ke-5 (FFPVPM 5) 2007, 6 January 2008, Universiti Malaysia Sabah – Best Video Music Awards – Best Video Animation Awards.|
|2008 MSC Malaysia Intellectual Property Creators Challenge||2008 MSC Malaysia Intellectual Property Creators Challenge Series 2008 Interface Design Team Winner for Mobile Edutainment Content Category.|
|2007 EINIC||2007 University Malaya’s (UM) Engineering Invention ‘N’ Innovation Challenge (EINIC) Best Postgraduate Award|
|2007 Osian’s Cinefan 9th Festival of Asian and Arab Cinema||2007 Osian’s Cinefan 9th Festival of Asian and Arab Cinema, New Delhi. NETPAC Best Film Award.|
|2007 20th Malaysian Film Festival||2007 20th Malaysian Film Festival Best Digital Film Award.|
|2006 PYIC||– Best Appealing Design Awards
– Third Prize Award
|2006 APICTA Asia Pacific ICT Awards||2006 APICTA Asia Pacific ICT Awards, Malaysia Merit Tertiary Student Project – Creative Multimedia.|
|2005 51st Oberhausen International Short Film Festival||2005 51st Oberhausen International Short Film Festival, Germany Principal Award.|
|2005 APICTA Asia Pacific ICT Awards||APICTA Asia Pacific ICT Awards, Malaysia Best of Tertiary Student Project – Creative Multimedia.|
|2004 Siggraph USA||13 screenings of which 10 are finalist.|
|2004 ComGraph||Asia Pacific Digital Art Animation Competition and Asian Television Technical & Creative Award (ComGraph), Singapore – Silver Award (Open Category Animation) – Bronze Award (Student Category) – 2 Honourable Mention.|
|2004 8th Pulcinella Awards International TV Cartoons Competition||8th Pulcinella Awards International TV Cartoons Competition, Positano, Italy – Best Program of the Year – Best TV Series for Teenagers and Adults (in collaboration with POV)|
|2003 26th New York Asian American International Film Festival||2003 26th New York Asian American International Film Festival, New York, USA. 2 Finalists / Screening.|
|2003 Asia Digital Art Awards, Fukuoka, Japan||7 Awards|
|2003 KINOFILM||KINOFILM 2003, 8th Manchester International Short Film Festival, Manchester, UK. 3 Finalists / Screening.|
|2003 Hamburg Film Festival||Hamburg Film Festival, Hamburg, Germany. Finalist / Screening.|
|2003 Cork Film Festival||Cork Film Festival, Ireland, UK. Finalist / Screening.|
|2002 ComGraph||2002 Asia Pacific Digital Art Animation Competition and Asian Television Technical & Creative Award (ComGraph), Singapore. Gold Award, Student Category – 3 Merit awards.|
|2002 APICTA||Gold Award, Student Category – 3 Merit awards 2002 APICTA Asia Pacific ICT Awards, Malaysia.|
|2002 Thai Short Film & Video International Festival||Merit Awards Thai Short Film & Video International Festival, Thailand.|
|2002 Brisbane International Animation Festival||Best International Short Film Brisbane International Animation Festival, Australia. Finalist / Screening.|
|2002 Malaysian Video Awards||Malaysian Video Awards, Malaysia – Best Show Award – Best Experimental Video (Amateur) – Best Experimental Animation (Amateur).|
|2001 International Film and Video Awards Chicago||2001 International Film and Video Awards Chicago, USA Silver Screen Award (in collaboration with Lensa Films).|
Awards Won by the Faculty of Cinematic Arts at Multimedia University (MMU) Johor
- 2017 – “Vani: A flower in the void” – Best Documentary, Real to Reel Global Youth Film Festival
- “Suraya” – Best Film Award & Best Film (Narrative Category) – Asian Youth Indie Film Festival 2016 (AYYIF)
- “Suraya” – top 5 nominees for Short Film, Malaysia Film Festival
- Thai Short Film and Video Festival (2016) – Two FCA student film selected to screen.
- Kota Kinabalu International Film Festival (2016) – Won Action 10 narrative category
- Toronto Take 21 Film Festival (2016) – Best International Short Film
- Seoul International New Media Festival (2016) – FCA student short film screened in Korea
- Astro’s Vaanavil Short Film Contest (2016) – Won second place
- Crime Prevention Video Competition (Malaysia) (2015) – Won First Prize
- European Film Festival (2015) in Germany – 19 FCA student short film screened
- Malaysia Student Film Festival (2015) – won Third (3rd) place for best Documentary
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.