Increase Demand for Solar Engineers (Electrical & Electronic Engineering)
According to a report in Bernama, Malaysia will need 2,600 solar engineers by 2020. Below are the main points of the report.
- To emerge as the third largest global producer of solar cells, Malaysia will need 2,600 solar engineers in the field of electrical and electronics by 2020, according to Human Resources Minister Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam during the National Seminar Solar Technology 2012 event held yesterday.
- Presently, China and Germany lead in the global production of solar cells. Malaysia aspires to be the 3rd leading country by 2020 by producing 17% of the global output.
- He said the development of the solar industry in this country is an economic sector that has the support of the ministry and government agencies.
- To date, Malaysia has now foreign companies investing in the photovoltaic filed such as AUO Sunpower Solar Inc., in Malacca.
- Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam hopes that trainees will focus on the good employment opportunities in this sector.
To find work in the Solar Power industry, students should study Electrical & Electronic Engineering. Choose the best university for engineering with good facilities, experienced lecturers and an English-speaking student environment.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services helps provide information and counselling on courses and universities in Malaysia.
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Website: www.eduspiral.com
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced courselor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
4 thoughts on “2600 Solar Engineers needed in Malaysia by 2020”
What does a solar engineer do ?
They convert solar radiation energy into other forms of energy suitable for practical use.
Can I know what type of degree should i do in order to be a Solar Engineer?
Electrical and Electronic Engineering