Study Diploma in Computer Science at the Top Colleges & Universities in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Computer Science is the study of computers and computational systems. Computer Science deals mainly with software and software systems including the theory, design, development and application. Programming is just one are of computer science study.
Other areas of study include artificial intelligence, computer systems and networks, security, database systems, human computer interaction, vision and graphics, numerical analysis, programming languages, software engineering, bioinformatics and theories of computing.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Studying the Computer Science Diploma at Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
Four important methods used in the study of computer science are:
- Invention – Formulating new algorithmic and new architectural paradigms
- Design – Software engineering uses design principles to build complex systems to solve computational problems
- Analysis – A major focus within computer science is the analysis and evaluation of software, algorithms and architecture.
- Experimentation – Use of experiments to reveal computing principles is an important method of scientific investigation within computer science.
Computer scientists design and analyze algorithms to solve programs and study the performance of computer hardware and software. The problems that computer scientists handle, varies from the non-tangible — finding out what problems can be solved with computers and the complexity of the algorithms that solve them – to the tangible – designing applications that perform well on handheld devices, that are easy to use, and that uphold security measures.
Entry Requirements for Diploma in Computer Science Courses in Malaysia
With any 3 credits in SPM including Maths and a Pass in BM & Sejarah, you can go for the Diploma in Computer Science at
a top private university in Malaysia. Some universities may require a credit in Physics.
After the 2.5-year diploma, you can continue on to Year 2 of the Degree at the same university or college if the degree course is offered. There is no need to perform exemptions if you continue on to degree at the same university.
If not, you can transfer your diploma credits into another university to enter into Year 2 of the degree for another 2 years depending on the exemptions.
It will take about one to three weeks for the university to perform the exemption evaluation.
To perform exemptions, you will need to submit the following documents to the university of interest for exemption evaluation:
- Transcripts for the subjects taken
- Course outline for all subjects taken
- Letter of Completion or Diploma Certificate
- Copy of SPM certificate
PTPN Loan for Diploma in Computer Science Course in Malaysia
Why Study the Diploma instead of Foundation?
If you are sure of what course you want to study for your degree, you can just go straight into the Diploma course. If you are not
sure of what you want to study in the degree, go for Foundation because you have one year to decide on what to take for your degree. You can apply for the PTPN Loan for Diploma while there is no loan for the Foundation.
- SPM (5 relevant credits) – Foundation (1 year) – Degree (3 years)
- SPM (3 relevant credits) – Diploma (2 or 2.5 years) – enter degree Year 2 (3 years)
Diploma in Computer Science at HELP College of Arts & Technology
The Diploma in Computer Science at HELP College of Arts & Technology programme aims to equip students with industry
relevant skills in computer science that are essential for entering the workforce as competent professionals and thus be more competitive in the global employment market. It also provides a definite pathway for students to complete a degree after the completion of the diploma.
The HELP College of Arts and Technology (HELP CAT) campus at Fraser Business Park, Sungai Besi, is part of the multi-campus development of the HELP Group.
Located within the city of Kuala Lumpur (KL), the College enables students to enjoy the benefits of living and learning in metropolitan KL with access to excellent facilities and top academic and professional expertise.
The city Light Rail Transit (LRT) network connects the College to all suburban areas of KL.
What will you learn in the Diploma in Computer Science at HELP CAT?
The programme will equip you with in-depth skills on:
- How to create computer software
- Web based programming using C++, Java, .NET, and Visual Basic
- Mobile application programming using Objective C for iPhones and iPads,
- Developing software for Google Android devices.
The Diploma in Computer Science aims to equip students with industry relevant skills in computer science that are essential to enter the workforce as competent professionals and thus be more competitive in the global employment market.
This programme provides a definite pathway for students to complete the Bachelor of Computer and Information Science degree from the University of South Australia.
- Bachelor of Information Technology/ Mobile Computing/Business Information Management – 2 years at HELP University
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons) Games & Interactive Media – 2 years at HELP University
- And also option to transfer to University of Queensland, University of South Australia and other partner universities
Highly-experienced lecturers with proven industrial, professional and teaching track records.
3 months practical training is part of the program, and the student can start working right after the diploma.
Assessment is a mix of Course work and Final examination
Diploma in Computer Science Subjects at HELP College of Arts and Technology
- Introduction to Computer & Applications
- Problem Solving & Programming
- System Analysis & Design
- Computing Mathematics
- Programming in C++
- Computer Systems
- Discrete Mathematics
- Introduction to Database
- Programming with Java
- Operating Systems
- Data Structure
- Multimedia Technology
- Internet Technology
- Programming with Java II
- Object-Oriented Analysis & Design •
- Web Programming in Java
- Network Programming Essentials
- Essence of Linux
- Software Project
- Data Communication & Networking
- Industrial Training
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com