Best Events Management Degree in Malaysia at Top Private Universities
First Rate Events Management Degree Programmes in Malaysia at Top Private Universities
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels may go for the Foundation in Arts or Foundation in Hospitality for 1 year before continuing on to the degree in Events Management. With at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students may go for the Diploma in Events Management or Diploma in Hotel Management for 2 years and then enter into Year 2 of the Events Management degree.
Event managers are needed in almost any kind of business in Malaysia and globally – entertainment, finance, government, retail, fashion, sport, music, and more. The work of event managers is filled with a huge range of exciting challenges and unique situations. Take a look at the best event management courses in Malaysia to see how you can succeed into this exciting industry.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Study at the Best Private Universities in Malaysia for Top Events Management Degree Programmes
Event management specialists apply project management to creating and developing large scale events such as festivals, conferences, ceremonies, formal parties, concerts, or conventions. Event management is the co-ordination, running and planning of all the people, teams and features that come together to create every kind of event.
Behind all of these and more, event management professionals work tirelessly to create the best experience possible for the guests, the stars, the sponsors & stakeholders, and the spectators.
before continuing on to the degree in Events Management. With at least 3 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students may go for the Diploma in Events Management or Diploma in Hotel Management for 2 years and then enter into Year 2 of the Events Management degree.
Top Private Universities in Malaysia for Events Management are:
- Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management) at Taylor’s University
- Bachelor of Events Management (Honours) programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
Outstanding Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management) at Taylor’s University
With at least 5 credits in SPM or O-Levels, students can enter the Foundation in Arts at Taylor’s University before continuing to the excellent 3-year Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management).
Alternatively, students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 3 credits may enter the Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University. Upon completion of the Diploma in Hotel Management at Taylor’s University, students can enter into Year 2 of the top rated Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management). Graduates from the Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management) will receive dual recognition and certification by University of Toulouse (UOT), France and Taylor’s University.
Taylor’s University is ranked 29th in the QS World University Rankings by Subject in the world’s top 50
universities for hospitality & leisure management. Taylor’s University is the first and only university to achieve Tier 6, best quality in teaching and learning of the hospitality and tourism discipline in Malaysia. Tier 6: Outstanding rating in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Discipline-Based Rating System (D-SETARA). Taylor’s is the best university in Malaysia to study events management and tourism management.
The Bachelor of International Tourism Management programme at Taylor’s University is designed to produce professionals in the field of event management who can take their place as leaders in the global event and recreation industries.
Taylor’s students will be equipped with functional and managerial skills in event management and planning, as well as knowledge in business, communication, culture and arts, events and tourism studies. Taylor’s University events management curriculum has been strengthened with international and local content preparing graduates to work in different parts of the world.
Graduates from the Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management) will receive a degree from Taylor’s University and the Licence 3 Géographie Aménagement – Management et Ingénierie des Industries du Tourismedual recognition and certification by University of Toulouse (UOT), France.
3-Year Bachelor of International Tourism Management programme at Taylor’s University
- Opportunity to organise live events from designing and planning to execution.
Regular field trips and industry visits to event establishments.
Comprehensive Programme Structure
- Develop specialist skills with an emphasis on creativity and organisation skills, technical skills and knowledge of event management, as well as understanding of the relationship between events and tourism.
Understanding of services plans, marketing, public relations, sales and legal aspects of events in addition to project management, financial management, risk management and logistics.
Strong emphasis on communication skills as the core of event management.
- Internship in Year 2 and 3 (25 weeks) to develop supervisory and management skills.
Opportunity to embark on a fast-track employment programme (Empowering Leaders Into Industry for Tourism & Events – ELITE) for selected students.
International Study Opportunity
- Final-year students have the opportunity to participate in the International Student Mobility Programme that includes seminars, workshops and study trips to discover various forms of tourism.
Opportunity for a semester abroad with credit transfer to United Kingdom, Finland, France, Switzerland, South Korea or Netherlands.
Programme Structure for the Bachelor of International Tourism Management (Hons) (Events Management) programme at Taylor’s University
YEAR 1 Subjects for the International Tourism Management (Events Management) Degree at Taylor’s University
- Business of Tourism & Hospitality
- English for Hospitality & Tourism
- Special Interest Tourism
- Travel Geography
- Tour & Travel Operations l
- Introduction to Events & Meetings
- History, Arts & Culture
- Principles of Accounting
- Business Communication
- Destination Knowledge & Analysis
- Tour & Travel Operations II
- Design for Events
- Principles of Marketing
- MPU (U1) – Module 1*
YEAR 2 Subjects for the International Tourism Management (Events Management) Degree at Taylor’s University
- Quantitative Methods
- Sales & Customer Relations Management
- Entertainment Management
- Events Operations
- Elective I
- MPU (U1) – Module 2*
- Tourism & Hospitality Law
- Research Methodology
- Basic French I
- Convention & Banquet Sales
- Events Project Management
- Exhibition Management
- MPU (U2)*
- Internship I
March intake is after Semester 4
August intake is after Semester 3
YEAR 3 Subjects for the International Tourism Management (Events Management) Degree at Taylor’s University
- Hospitality & Human Resources Management
- Financial Management
- Intermediate French II
- Special Events & Festivals
- Live Event Project
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- MPU (U3)*
- Intercultural Management
- Revenue Management
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism & Events
- Event Risk Management
- Tourism Economics
- Elective II
- MPU (U4)*
- Internship II
- Digital Media for Tourism
- Service Quality Management
- Socio-Anthropology of Tourism
- Holistic Approach to Health & Wellness
- Tour & Travel Operations Management I
* The Ministry of Education (MOE) requires all students to take Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) (i.e. General Studies) which is categorised under U1, U2, U3 and U4 within the duration of their studies. U1 modules are prescribed by MOE whereas U2, U3 and U4 modules are from a list of University Core Modules (UCM) prescribed as per the Programme Guide.
Career Options for International Tourism Management (Events Management) Graduates from Taylor’s University
- Convention Centre Manager
- Convention / Events Planner
- Convention Services Manager
- Entertainment Manager
- Events Manager
- Exhibition Manager
- Gaming Manager
- Incentive Organiser
- Professional Conference Organiser (PCO)
- Sporting Event Organiser
- Theme Park Manager
Achievements of Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts
- Tier 6: Outstanding rating in the Ministry of Higher Education’s Discipline-Based Rating System (D-SETARA)
The first and only university to achieve Tier 6, best quality in teaching and learning of the hospitality and tourism discipline in Malaysia.
- Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) Grand Award
Education & Training category for its public-private partnership in education and training, 2015
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA)
Academic & Research Excellence in the Hospitality Education Institution Category, 2013-2015
- THE-ICE, or the International Centre of Excellence in Tourism & Hospitality Education, Australia
The first Malaysian, and Asian, university to receive full accreditation
- Brand Laureate
Best Brand in Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts Education, 2011
- Research Chefs Association (RCA) Student Culinology® Competition
- World’s 1st International Young Chef Olympiad 2015
- Nestle Professional Culinary Arts Award
Champion, 2014 & 2012
- World Gourmet Summit (Regional Category)
Culinary Institution of the Year Award, 2012
- 9th ASEAN Skills Competition
Gold medal, Cooking Category, 2012
- Monin Cup Competition-Cocktail category
Champion & 2nd Runner Up, 2016
- Hilton Malaysia Hospitality Talent Cup Competition
Champion & 1st Runner Up, The Bar Cup: Signature Cocktail Presentation, 2016
- Culinaire Malaysia
4 Golds, 4 Silvers and 1 Bronzes, 2015
4 Golds, 12 Silvers and 9 Bronzes, 2013
Taylor’s University Dual Award Partner
- Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts offers dual award degree and diploma programmes in collaboration with the University of Toulouse (UOT) and the Academie de Toulouse (ADT) in France respectively.
- A quality review committee, comprising academics from both institutions, is established for quality assurance and moderation of the standards of the programmes, which includes curriculum and assessments.
- Upon completion of the diploma or degree programmes at Taylor’s, students will receive certification from both Taylor’s and the partner institution in France.
Académie de Toulouse (ADT), France
University of Toulouse (UOT), France
World-Class Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts Facilities at Taylor’s University
In preparing students for the increasingly challenging and complex hospitality, tourism and culinary industry, the School has put in place world-class facilities designed and built to stimulate the actual working environment of leading establishments.
- 84-room hotel (Ruemz Hotel)
- 3 Front Office Reception Rooms
- Hotel Suites
- Wine Laboratory
- 9 Restaurants (including 3 fine dining restaurants, 3 specialised training restaurants, 1 Asian restaurant, 1 lifestyle restaurant and 1 multiservice restaurant)
- 14 Culinary Suites (encompassing 9 kitchens, 1 garde manger kitchen, 1 artist kitchen, 1 chocolate room and 1 artist kitchen)
- Manifestation Culinary Bar Theatre
- Tourism Practical Rooms
- Events Projects Room
- CRiT (Centre for Research and Innovation in Tourism, Hospitality and Food Studies)
- Chemistry Lab and Food Science Lab
Global Experience for Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts Students
More than 13,000 alumni represent the reputation of the school worldwide. Taylor’s University students are instilled with a global approach to their studies and future career in the field of hospitality, tourism and culinary business with an international faculty, dual degrees, and a wide diversity of languages and origins with more than 35% international students enrolled in the School.
Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts is committed to international, intercultural and global perspectives in our programmes, experiences and teaching. It is to prepare our students with the knowledge, skills and attitudes of future leaders rounded with a global experience acquired while studying.
A. Outbound Semester Exchange
(For School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts students to take one semester of studies overseas)
Students have the opportunity to pursue a semesters abroad without paying extra tuition fees to the partner university. Upon completion of the programme, students will be accorded credit for the courses which they have undertaken during that period of exchange. Other expenses may include air fare, accommodation and cost of living.
The Best Events Management Degree Programme offered at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
Hospitality prepares graduates who can be engaged as specialists in planning and executing a range of routine and complex events. You will acquire the essential knowledge and skills needed to develop yourself into a confident and creative individual capable of working in multidisciplinary event and meeting environment.
Why choose the Bachelor of Events Management (Honours) programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality?
- Awarded as the Cluster leader for Events Management in Malaysia under the Malaysian Centre for Tourism & Hospitality Education (MyCenTHE).
- Dedicated academic team with industry experience and specialized skill and knowledge to impart knowledge to students
- Experiential learning through the Berjaya Immersion Methodology by learning from practical activities
What to expect from the Bachelor of Events Management (Honours) programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality?
During the course of this programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality , you will be involved in practical work, training, educational field trips, work exposure experience, designing and planning events under the guidance of lecturers. You are even instructed to attend and participate in real events as part of the requirement of the courses. Key industry players and event technical specialists are often invited to share their vast experience as well as challenges faced to further enhance your learning in this specialised field.
Year 1 Subjects for the Bachelor of Events Management (Honours) programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
- Understanding Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure Management
- Introduction to Event Industry
- Introduction to MICE
- Personal Development Skills 1
- IT Application in the Service Environment
- MICE Venue and Facilities
- Creative Design for Events
- Personal Development Skills 2
- Marketing for the Service Industry
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Banquet and Convention Sales
- Personal Development Skills 3
- Integrated Marketing for Events
Year 2 Subjects for the Bachelor of Events Management (Honours) programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
- Mechanics of Event Planning
- Entertainment Management
- Event Project Management
- Special Event Management
- Event Risk, Health and Safety Management
- Revenue and Profit Management
- Strategic Management
- Service Quality Management
- Events Production and Operations
- Business Statistics
- Managing People in the Service Industry
Year 3 Subjects for the Bachelor of Events Management (Honours) programme at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
- Research Methods for the Service Industry
- Honours Seminar Series
- Law for Hospitality and Tourism
- Research Project
Professional Work Placement Programme
You will undergo a semester of comprehensive training that is specially designed to give you an intensive hands-on learning experience within a challenging work environment in the events industry.
About BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
Founded in 2009 by a successful self-made international entrepreneur named Tan Sri Dato’ Vincent Tan,
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality embodies his legacy of success and tenacity in preparing you for a flourishing career in the Hospitality, Tourism, Culinary and Services industries – all areas in which the Berjaya Corporation Berhad has track records for success and international acclaim.
In fact, you will be able to leverage on the Berjaya Corporation Berhad’s corporate diversity as a global conglomerate with involvements in:
- Property and construction
- Hotels and resorts
- Investment holdings
- Food and beverages
- Industrial businesses
Teaching & Learning at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
At BERJAYA University College of Hospitality, our commitment towards professional excellence focuses on ‘human development’, attention to detail in teaching and learning that are unique qualities which differentiate us from the rest. The University College has an integrated classroom-community space for students to learn and apply their knowledge and skills in real-life situations, which is what we call the BERJAYA Immersion Methodology. A significant part of this approach depends greatly on the innovative academic curriculum, delivered both inside and outside of the classrooms, which are both academic and career-focused, and is based on the ‘Learning by Doing’ principle. This approach educates our students to think critically, communicate effectively, work productively and manage professionally right from the day they start with us.
Closing the gap between student’s qualifications and industry needs, BERJAYA UCH pays particular attention on opportunities for quality industrial work placements for the students. The support of the Berjaya Group of Companies plays an integral part on industry placements with their local and international Hotels, Resorts and Clubs providing a platform for students to gain placement and exposures, thereby enhancing their skills and knowledge in a global environment. The students also get first priority to fill up permanent positions within the subsidiaries of the group.
Since its inception in 2008, BERJAYA UCH has established strategic partnerships with recognised professional and academic institutions of higher learning from UK, USA, Australia, Europe and South Korea who are forerunners in areas of Hospitality, Culinary Arts, Tourism, Retail and Event Management. These collaborations include future developments in the areas of curriculum development, licensing of academic programmes, staff-student exchanges and research opportunities.
True to our vision and commitment of inspiring lives and widening horizons, BERJAYA UCH aims to be an institution with ‘people and places’ with regional branches campuses and articulation arrangements in various parts of the world. We value engagement with education and industry partners, and the various communities we serve. We invite individuals to come as students and leave as professionals.
State-of-the-Art Facilities at BERJAYA University College of Hospitality
BERJAYA UCH’s cosmopolitan city campus is situated within the golden triangle in Berjaya Times Square.
Students will benefit from the integrated learning experience gained from the hospitality, tourism and service-related businesses within and surrounding the city campus. The city campus, totaling approximately 100,000 square feet, is located on the 11th (West Wing) consisting mainly the administrative offices and learning areas; and 14th (East Wing) comprises the culinary and restaurant facilities for the School of Culinary Arts.
BERJAYA UCH had you in mind when they designed their campus. From the culinary studios, to the boardroom, to the custom-built housekeeping suites, BERJAYA UCH’s facilities are customised to help teach students by immersing themselves into a realistically simulated environment.
BERJAYA UCH encompasses the hardware of complete infrastructure with state-of-the-art facilities which
include high-tech lecture theatres, classrooms and seminar rooms, conference room, learning and resource centre, housekeeping suite, travel bureau, dedicated computer laboratories with the latest software, fully equipped preparation, production and pastry kitchens, bakery, culinary studio, culinary theatre, show kitchen, fine dining restaurant, cafÃ©, culinary museum, coffee and tea academy, oenology laboratory and chocolate and sugar artistry laboratory among others.
The usual comment when guests step into our city campus is, “Wow! Is this a University campus or a five-star hotel?” We would like to say, BOTH! Your classrooms, learning resource centre, kitchens, laboratories and everything else has been specifically designed to immerse you in the Hospitality, Tourism and Services industry. Hence, the swanky look and feel for the campus environment.
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality Awards and Recognitions
BERJAYA UCH is recognised through numerous awards and accolades that include:
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2011 for ‘Hospitality Education Excellence’
- BrandLaureate-SMEs Chapter Awards 2010 for the ‘Best Brands in Education-Tourism, Hospitality, Culinary & Retail Education’
- World Association of Chefs Societies (WACS) Recognition of Quality Culinary Education 2011
- Doctorjob’s Students’ Choice Awards by GTI Media
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2011 for ‘Hospitality Education Excellence’
- Hospitality Asia Platinum Awards (HAPA) 2013-2015 for HAPA Hospitality Education Institution Culinary Excellence
- The Chief Operating Officer of BERJAYA UCH, Madam Mae Ho was awarded ‘Most Promising Entrepreneurship Award Winner’ in APEA 2011.
BERJAYA University College of Hospitality Recognition & Achievements from 2009 – Present
At BERJAYA UCH, you will discover that the drive to ‘win’ is often rewarded quickly. Even before they graduate, many of your peers would have become award-winning talents through the many competitions we participate in and win!
- Culinaire Malaysia 2009: 1 Silver and 2 Bronze medals
- Norwegian Salmon Challenge 2010: 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- 1 World Culture International Student’s Cultural Festival 2010: 2nd place in Culture Dance competition
- MONIN Cup 2010: Champion for Mocktail category; 1st Runner-up for Cocktail category
- GAS PETRONAS Battle of the Chefs 2011: 1 Bronze medal
- Le Tour De Fruit 2011: 1 Gold, 1 Silver and 1 Bronze medals
- HOFEX- Hong Kong International Culinary Competition 2011: 3 Silver and 3 Bronze medals
- Battle of the Chefs 2011 Penang: 1 Gold and 1 Silver medals, 1 Diploma
- Meat and Livestock Australia (MLA) Young Chef Pencil Box Culinary Challenge 2011: 2nd Runner Up
- MONIN Cup 2011: Champion, 1st and 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category; 2nd Runner-up
- Culinaire Malaysia 2011: Most Outstanding Apprentice Award, 8 Silver and 9 Bronze medals, 2 Diplomas
- FHC International Culinary Arts Competition, Shanghai 2011: 1 Bronze medal
- Spritzer Sparkling Sparkler Mocktail Competition 2011: 1 Gold and 1 Silver medals
- “NEW ZEALAND WEEK- FOOD FOR THOUGHT” Culinary Competition: Champion
- Penang Chefs Challenge 2012: 5 Gold, 4 Silver and 1 Bronze medals
- MAH Penang Chapter Hospitality Challenge 2012: 1 Bronze medal
- Korea International Food Fair 2012: 5 Bronze medals
- MONIN Cup 2012: 1st Runner-up for both Cocktail and Mocktail categories
- Asian Culinary Challenge of IKIP 2013: 1 Gold, 3 Silver and 1 Bronze medals, 1 Diploma
- HOFEX Hong Kong International Culinary Classic 2013: 3 Silver medals
- Battle of the Chefs 2013 Penang: 2 Silver and 4 Bronze medals, 1 Diploma,
- Battle of the Baristas 2013: 3rd Runner-up
- MONIN Cup 2013: Champion for Mocktail and Flairing categories, 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category
- Culinaire Malaysia 2013: Most Outstanding Apprentice Award, Most Outstanding Team in Catering Services Award, Best of the Best for Table Setting, 3 Gold and 4 Silver medals
- Young Chef Challenge (by the Embassy of Sweden Kuala Lumpur): 2nd Runner Up
- Ultimate MONIN Creative Coffee Cup 2013: Champion
- Nestle Professional Culinary Arts Award: 1st Runner-up
- 8th Salon Culinary 2014 Bali: 1 Silver medal
- Battle of Baristas Championship (BOBC) 2014: Champion, 2nd and 3rd Runner-up
- MONIN Cup 2014: Champion and 2nd Runner-up for Cocktail category, Champion for Mocktail Category
- International 2014 MICE Destination Marketing Contest: 2nd Runner-up for Engaging Visitor Category
- MONIN Cup Asia Pacific 2014: Representative of Malaysia
- Battle of the Chefs 2014: 10 Silver and 3 Bronze medals
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com