Best for Bachelor of Engineering Civil Engineering Degree at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia,
Study the Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Civil Engineering Degree Course at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
The programme at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia covers the main civil engineering disciplines of Structures, Geotechnics, Water Engineering, and Highway
Engineering, and provides students with the key skills and knowledge required to become chartered civil or structural engineers.
After graduation, students are equipped to work for engineering consultants, contractors or government at management level.
The core curriculum includes instruction in all main subject areas, concentrating on analysis and materials behaviour, with increasing focus on design and management in the specialisation years. Throughout, there is an emphasis on the personal development of students within a professional environment.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia graduates have excellent employment prospects. They design and oversee construction projects such as urban drainage systems, roads, bridges, buildings and airports.
All civil and structural engineering programmes at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia are supported by the civil engineering industry advisory committee, which includes representatives from major multi-national employers offering advice, guidance and work placement opportunities.
*MEng CIVIL ENGINEERING (pending MOE approval) at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
BEng students who meet the progression requirements for the MEng programme may transfer programmes at the end of Year 2.
Teaching and Assessment of the Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Teaching involves a mix of lectures, tutorials and practical work. Assessment is by a combination of coursework and examination. By the final year, coursework assessment, principally through the design project and research dissertations, accounts for approximately 50% of the final assessment.
Students interested in registering at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, please go to this link. For information on hostel accommodation at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, go to this link. Scholarships are available to deserving Malaysian students who have achieved high results in their SPM, STPM, A-Levels or UEC examinations.
Programme content of the Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
First Year Subjects for the Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Students study courses such as:
- Determinate Structures
- Design Studies
- Civil Engineering Materials.
Students also have the opportunity to participate in site visits and field courses.
Second Year Subjects for the Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
This year is concerned with engineering principles and includes courses such as:
- Transportation Engineering
- Concrete Design
- Environmental Engineering
- Steel Element Design
Third Year Subjects for the Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
Students complete a research dissertation and engage in subjects in more depth. Courses include more specialist options such as:
- Structural Element Design
- Foundation Engineering
- Analysis of Indeterminate Structures
Students also undertake a design project that involves collaborative work with students from other disciplines within the built environment professions.
Fourth Year (MEng only)
Pending MOE approval
Accreditation of the Civil Engineering BEng (Hons) at Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
In accordance with Heriot-Watt University Malaysia’s normal practice, their professionally orientated programmes are designed to meet the educational requirements for membership of relevant professional institutions, and the university seeks accreditation by UK and international professional bodies in accordance with their standard procedures.
Heriot-Watt University is a Top Ranked University in the UK and in the World
- In the top 400 worldwide by QS World’s Top Universities
- THE’s ‘Table of Tables’ is the combined results of the three main UK university league tables – the Good University Guide (published by The Times and The Sunday Times), The Guardian and The Complete University Guide.In the Table of Tables 2015: Heriot-Watt is placed 25th in the UK – rising from 28th the previous year
- 63rd in the world, 10th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland in The Times Higher Education ‘100 Under 50’ 2013 (University Royal Charter awarded in 1966).
- 22nd in the world, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator in the World University Rankings in the Times Higher Education – World’s Most International Universities.
- Scottish University of the Year 2012-13 (and 2011-12) and UK University of the Year for Student Experience 2012-13 by the Sunday Times.
Heriot-Watt University consistently achieves high ranking across a number of key university league tables:
- Guardian University Guide 2015 – 13th place overall
- National Student Survey 2013 – 11th in the UK and second in Scotland
- Times Higher Education World University Ranking – 22nd in the world for ‘International outlook’
- Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide – 38th in the UK and sixth in Scotland
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Guardian University Guide 2015
Ranked 13th in the UK and 2nd in Scotland
- Top in the UK for Chemistry and Civil Engineering
- Top ten in the UK for: Accounting & Finance, Building and Town & Country Planning, Business, Management & Marketing, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Mathematics
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 8th by the Guardian’s University guide 2015: league table for Chemical Engineering
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 18th by the Guardian’s University guide 2015: league table for Mechanical Engineering
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 4th by the Guardian’s University guide 2015: league table for business, management and marketing
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 2nd by the Guardian’s University guide 2015: league table for accounting & finance
National Student Survey 2014 on Heriot-Watt University
The National Student Survey (NSS) is a survey, which gathers opinions from final year undergraduates on the quality of their
courses. The survey asks current students to provide honest feedback on what it has been like to study their course at their institution. In 2014, Heriot-Watt University’s full time Degree level students showed:
- 1st in the UK for Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering, receiving 100% student satisfaction rating. Ranked 2nd in the UK for Economics
- At least 90% of students were satisfied overall with their course in 11 of our 17 subject areas (Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Accounting, Management, Economics, Civil Engineering, Planning, Maths & Statistics, Computer Science)
- The following subjects ranked 1st in Scotland: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Planning, Economics and Accounting.
- The following subjects ranked top ten within the UK: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Accounting, Economics, Planning and Computer Science
- On average, 82% of students said they were satisfied overall with experience at Heriot-Watt, placing it third in Scotland and 39th in the UK, out of a total of 124 institutions taking part.(*) UUK Universities (ie excluding FE Colleges and specialist institutions)
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Times Higher Education – ‘100 Under 50’ World University Ranking 2014
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 52nd in the world, 7th in the UK and 1st in Scotland
- Heriot-Watt University is 22nd in the world, based on the ‘international outlook’ indicator from THE World University Rankings. This indicator examines a university’s international student numbers, its percentage of international staff and the proportion of its research papers published with a co-author from at least one other country.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2014
- Top 10 in the UK for Chemical Engineering, Building Town & Country Planning & Landscape, Food Science and Mathematics.
- Top in Scotland for Chemical Engineering, Building and Civil Engineering and top 3 in Scotland for Town & Country Planning & Landscape, Food Science, Mathematics, Iberian Languages, Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, French, and Art & Design.
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the Complete University Guide 2015
- 33rd in the UK and 4th in Scotland
- Top ten in the UK for Building, Town & Country Planning, and Art & Design.
- 25th for Business & Management Studies
- 15th for Chemical Engineering
- 20th for Accounting & Finance
Heriot-Watt University’s Ranking in the QS World’s Top Universities
- Heriot-Watt University is ranked 369th in the world, 42nd in UK and 7th in Scotland
- This places the university in the top 4%, based on approximation of at least 10,000 universities in the world
QS Top 50 universities in the world under 50
A ranking of the world’s top 50 universities established within the last 50 years.
- 47th in the world, 3rd in the UK and 1st in Scotland.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
in Malaysia. EduSpiral Consultant Services also represents Northampton University, UK, MDIS Singapore and Hong Kong Polytechnic University. EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from.
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- Whatsapp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiral1
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com