Best Guide on Choosing the Right Course at Top Universities in Malaysia after SPM or O-Levels
Best Guide on the Best Courses Offered at Top Ranked Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
For more information contact 01111408838
A knowledgeable counselor or education consultant in Malaysia would be able to provide detailed information about the university and its courses, facts & evidence to support the job prospects for the course and in-depth information about which university would be suit you. While an experienced counselor or education consultant would be able to analyse your results, understand your personality & skills to figure out which course and career suits you.
Furthermore many of the top private universities in Malaysia offer similar courses therefore making your decision a challenging one! To help you develop a good list of criteria, you need to talk to the best education counselors or education consultants in Malaysia who are knowledgeable and experienced.
Part of finding the right course to study in Malaysia for you will be picking out the criteria that matters to most to you, and then seeing if any of the top private colleges or universities in Malaysia that you’re looking at fit those criteria. Choosing the right course to study in Malaysia is one of the most important decisions you will make in your life. Your decision will be influenced by many criteria such as:
- budget for your studies
- accreditation of the course by MQA & relevant professional bodies
- the suitability of the course against your academic results and career goals
- tuition fees
- job prospects
- salary for the career, and more.
This guide will help you to make the best choice for your course of study in Malaysia. Do contact our experienced and knowledgeable counselors to further assist you.
For more information on the top private universities and colleges in Malaysia, Whatsapp 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Top Guide on How to Choose the Best Course to Study after SPM or O-Levels at Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
Choosing a course to study after SPM, UEC, STPM, O-Levels or A-Levels is not a science, it is a process in finding out who you are and what you are good at. An experienced Education Advisor would be invaluable in assisting you to choose the right course.
Here at EduSpiral Consultant Services, we do our research on the job demand for the careers in Malaysia, Salary Reports, and universities so that we can advise our students based on facts and evidence. Students need to talk to the right education counselors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision.
Choosing a top private university in Malaysia to study after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, Pre-U, A-Levels or STPM takes time, it is a process in finding out which one best fits you. You need to talk to the right counselors who are knowledgeable and experienced to help you to choose the best course to study in Malaysia.
- Best Engineering & Built Environment Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Computer Science, Software Engineering & Information Technology (IT) Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Information Communications Technology
- Database Administration
- Business Information Systems
- Cyber Security
- Systems Security
- Forensic Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Mobile Computing
- Computer Games Development or Games Design
- Intelligent Systems
- Data Analytics
- Best Accounting, Finance & Quantitative Studies Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Business Management Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Mass Communication Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Health Science Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Applied Science Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Humanities & Social Science Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Best Art and Design Courses to Study in Malaysia
- Graphic Design
- Multimedia Design
- Fashion Design
- Furniture & Product Design
- Industrial Design
- Interior Design
- 3D Animation
- Digital Animation
- Entertainment Arts
- New Media Design
- Interactive Design
- Film Studies
- Car Design or Transport Design
- Entrepreneurial Design
- Visual Effects
- CGI & Digital Effects
- Best Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts Courses to Study in Malaysia
How to Choose the Right Course to Study after SPM or O-Levels at Top Private Universities in Malaysia?
It can be confusing to choose the right course after SPM or O-Levels. You should carefully think about what are the options available to you. To choose the best course that fits you, you need to consider the following:
- Look at your results – what are your best & worst subjects, and which subjects are your favourite? Your results should meet the academic requirements for the course and you should also possess the intellectual capacity to handle the course.
- What is your personality? Your personality should fit the career choice.
- What are your interests & hobbies?
- What is your passion?
- What are your skills? Evidence to support your career choice.
- Job demand for the career of choice. There is no point in choosing a course out of passion and then graduate to find out that you cannot get a job in that field.
- Job stability. Choose a course where the job provides a stable income so that you can support your family.
- Salary of the career of choice
- Discuss the budget for your studies with your parents. There is no point in choosing a course like Pharmacy or Medicine, if you cannot afford it.
- Accreditation & recognition of the courses by Malaysia Qualifications Agency (MQA) and relevant Professional Bodies. Students interested in the courses below should look at the accreditation & recognition of the relevant professional bodies so that they can work:
- Engineering – Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Architecture, Interior Design and Interior Architecture – Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM)
- Quantity Survey – Board of Quantity Surveyors Malaysia (BQSM), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS)
- Accounting – Malaysia Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Actuarial Science – Society of Actuaries (SOA), Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (FIA), etc.
- Pharmacy – Pharmacy Board Malaysia (Lembaga Farmasi Malaysia)
- Medicine – Malaysian Medical Council (MMC)
- Nursing – Nursing Board Malaysia (Lembaga Jururawat Malaysia)
- Law – Malaysian Bar and Legal Profession Qualifying Board, Malaysia (LPQBM)
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management – Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Malaysia (CILTM)
Choosing the Best Foundation or Pre-University Course to Study after SPM or O-Levels
Choosing the right Pre-University or Foundation course to study in Malaysia after high school can be a confusing and difficult time if you are unprepared. With the wide variety of courses available to a student, the time after SPM or O-Levels can be a confusing one if not guided properly by an experienced and knowledgeable education counselor in Malaysia. After narrowing down the degree course and country for your studies, students will need to choose the right Pre-University programme that fits their academic goals.
Students after SPM or O-Levels would need to go through some sort of a Pre-University programme in Malaysia before entering into the degree course. Choosing the right Pre-University programme will depend on the following criteria:
- Budget for your studies
- Course of interest
- Country of interest for your degree studies
- Learning style such as exam based, course work, assignments, presentations, etc.
- Recognition of the Professional Bodies for your Pre-University Programme
university such as A-Levels, STPM, South Australian Matriculation, Foundation, Canadian Pre-University, etc. Therefore if you are unsure what you want to study in your degree, you still have about 1 to 1.5 years in your Pre-University programme to really figure out what to study for your degree. If you are not sure, then it is best to choose a general Pre-University Programme such as Foundation in Science, Foundation in Arts, A-Levels Arts or A-Levels Science where your choice for degree studies is wider.
It can be confusing when choosing the right Pre-University course. When choosing a Pre-U course, you should understand yourself whether you want an exam-based course or a Pre-U course that contains a mix of coursework and exams.
You should also choose the Pre-University Programme based on what you would like to study for your degree, your budget, which country, and recognition.
Below is a list of some of the best universities and colleges in Malaysia offering the Pre-University Programmes.
Outstanding Foundation Programmes in Malaysia at Leading Private Universities & Colleges
- Top ranked private universities in Malaysia offering the best Foundation in Arts programme are Taylor’s University, KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie, UCSI University, HELP University, HELP College of Arts & Technology and KDU College Damansary Jaya.
- Outstanding private universities in Malaysia for the Foundation in Business programmes are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Taylor’s University, Asia Pacific University, Curtin University Sarawak, First City University College, Berjaya University College of Hospitality & Nilai University
- The Best Foundation in Science programmes at Top private universities in Malaysia are Heriot-Watt University Malaysia, Taylor’s University, UCSI University , HELP University, KDU College Damansara Jaya, Nilai University & HELP College of Arts & Technology.
- Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting Top Foundation in Engineering programmes at the best private universities in Malaysia are at Curtin University Sarawak, Taylor’s University, Asia Pacific University and First City University College
- Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting the best private universities in Malaysia for Foundation
- Best private universities & colleges in Malaysia offering the Foundation in Communication or Media Studies are Curtin University Sarawak, IACT College and Taylor’s University
- Students after SPM or O-Levels wanting to enter the degree programmes in architecture and built environment courses may go for the Foundation in Natural & Built Environments at Taylor’s University
- Best Foundation in Design programmes in Malaysia are offered at Taylor’s University and First City University College
- Top ranked private university in Malaysia, UCSI University, offers the Foundation in Music
- Students after SPM or O-Levels planning to enter the degree in Culinary arts may go for the top rated Foundation in Hospitality at Berjaya University College of Hospitality.
Best External Pre-University (Pre-U) Programmes at Top Private Universities & Colleges in Malaysia
- The best private colleges in Malaysia for the A-Levels programme are Taylors College,HELP Academy, KDU Penang University College, KDU College Damansara Jaya and UCSI University
- Top rated private universities in Malaysia for the AUSMAT pre-university course are Sunway University and First City University College
- The best private colleges in Malaysia for South Australian Matriculation (SAM)/SACE International Pre-University programme are Taylors College Subang Jaya, Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas and Disted College Penang.
- Top private colleges in Malaysia for Canadian Pre-University are Taylor’s College Subang Jaya and Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas.
- Top private universities and colleges in Penang for A-Levels are KDU University College Penang and Disted College
- The best private universities and colleges in Malaysia for the American Degree Program (ADP) are Taylors University, KDU College Damansara Jaya, INTI College, HELP University and HELP College of Arts & Technology.
- Best College in Malaysia for the Cambridge Pre-Law A-Levels is KDU College.
Talk to the Best Education Consultant in Malaysia to Help you Make the Right Choice in your Studies
Students in Malaysia need to talk to the right education counselors so that you get the right information to help you in making this life-changing decision.
Ask the right Education Counselors in Malaysia to help you. Would you ask a Doctor on how to repair your car? Or would you ask a mechanic for medical advise? Although this sounds ridiculous, but many students do listen to advise from young and inexperienced counselors from universities, colleges or agents’ offices. Talking to an experienced education advisor in Malaysia would help you to navigate through this confusing time of choosing the best course that fits you.
Experienced education counselors are able to analyse your interests, personality and exam results
to help you make a list of possible courses for consideration. EduSpiral Consultant Services staff have more than 15 years experience in counseling students. Having worked in the private education industry, we have in-depth knowledge of each private university and college in what they are good at.
EduSpiral Consultant Services has worked with our partner universities and colleges for many years while the counselors at the private universities or agents’ offices change every few years therefore they would not have the in-depth knowledge of the courses and the university that they are working at.
At EduSpiral Consultant Services, I have worked in the private higher education industry in Malaysia for more than 15 years advising students with facts and evidence on how to choose the right course after SPM. You should carefully think about what are the options available to you. To choose the best course that fits you, students may fill up our EduSpiral Career Assessment form for evaluation.
The EduSpiral Career Assessment form is a simple form designed by us that gathers information from students after SPM, O-Levels, UEC, STPM or A-Levels in order to assess their aptitude helping us to determine the most suitable course and career progression.
How to Choose the Best Private University to Study in Malaysia
The best private universities and colleges in Malaysia have excellent facilities, years of experience running the programme, strong student support services, internships and experienced lecturers.
They are also accredited by MQA and approved by the Malaysian Ministry of Education. Accreditation by the various professional bodies such as the Board of Engineers Malaysia, Pharmacy Board, Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia, Nursing Board, Malaysian Medical Council, etc also indicates the standard achieved.
The best private university in Malaysia will focus on quality, have award winners for the particular courses, years of experience offering the particular course, highly experienced lecturers, a good study environment (not a party university), internships, good mix of international & local students, extra-curricular activities and good facilities. The SETARA ranking is a guide for students to assess the quality of a private university in Malaysia.
Talk to the lecturers and find out from the counselors there about the courses and check if the courses have been accredited by MQA and other external bodies like the Pharmacy Board, Nursing Board, Malaysian Medical Council, Board of Engineers Malaysia , Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia or Persatuan Arkitek Malaysia.
The environment should be one where students speak mostly in English so that you can improve your
Star newspaper has reported that graduates with good English earn 25% higher salary and get faster promotion. The Ministry of Education reported that there were more than 70,000 public university jobless graduates and one of the main reasons was poor command of the English language.
Would you rather suffer for 4 years and get a high salary for 60 years of your work life or an easy 4 years and low salary for 60 years? The decisions that you make now, can change your life forever. Remember the best university doesn’t mean it is the best university for you. The best university is one that fits your career goals, your personality and can push you to a higher level of success.
Below are a list of the best private colleges and universities in Malaysia in their various fields, in my opinion.
Study at the Best Private Universities and Colleges in Malaysia
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia
- Curtin University, Sarawak campus
- Asia Pacific University (APU)
- UCSI University
- Taylor’s University
- Taylor’s College Subang Jaya and Sri Hartamas
- UCSI University Sarawak Campus
- First City University College
- HELP University
- HELP Academy
- HELP College of Arts & Technology
- KDU University College Utropolis Glenmarie
- KDU College Damansara Jaya
- KDU University College Penang
- YTL International College of Hotel Management
- IACT College
- Point College
- Saito College
- Malaysian Institute of Art (MIA)
- Nilai University
- Reliance College
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat/Line: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Foursquare: www.foursquare.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com