Top Ranked Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya, Offers the Best Marketing Degree in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
The Marketing degree at MMU Cyberjaya is an interrelated course that uses the knowledge in business marketing for the purpose of developing the multimedia industry. Students are nurtured with in-depth understanding of the concept of marketing and marketing communication, while supplemented with the fundamentals in multimedia and ICT. Students may choose to specialise in Service Marketing or Social Marketing.
Students after SPM or O-Levels in Malaysia with at least 5 relevant credits wanting to study at a top ranked university locally and globally for Marketing can enter the Foundation in Management courses at Multimedia University (MMU) in Cyberjaya or Melaka. Upon completion of the recognised 1-year Foundation in Management, students will continue on to the 3-year Bachelor of Marketing (Hons.) Degree. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in Management as well as the degree programmes.
Pre-University students with the relevant results in STPM, A-Levels, SAM, CPU, AUSMAT, etc. can enter directly into Year 1 of the degree programme. 97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation making them the best choice for a successful career in Malaysia.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
First Rate Bachelor of Marketing (Hons.) Degree Course in Malaysia at Award-Winning Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
The three-year BBA programme majoring in Marketing with Multimedia from the Faculty of Management at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya is an interrelated course that uses the knowledge in business marketing for the purpose of developing the multimedia industry. Students are nurtured with in-depth understanding of the concept of marketing and marketing communication, while supplemented with the fundamentals in multimedia and ICT.
The three-year programme will imbue students with leadership values and an understanding of the fundamentals of marketing in the digital age, as well as the application of multimedia and ICT for marketing and communication for various business organisations.
Career Prospects for Marketing graduates from Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya include jobs as Executives and Managers for Marketing, Promotions, Sales, Business Development, Education and Outreach-Centric Organisations.
Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018. Having won hundreds of awards, Multimedia University (MMU) offers the best Bachelor of Marketing (Hons.) degree in Malaysia that’s affordable. Students may apply for PTPN Loan for the Foundation in Management as well as the degree programmes.
Multimedia University (MMU) won the “Most Entrepreneurial Private University in MOHE
Entrepreneurial Award (MEA) 2016″. MMU’s Team U-Can represented by three Faculty of Management students namely Neo Moon Wei; Alvin Sit Bo Choong; and Chong Shu Jing emerged as First Runners-Up at the Unilever Future Leaders’ League (FLL) 2016
Yasmin Ahmad Ariffin, from the Faculty of Management, Multimedia University (MMU) was the (Ernst &Young) EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2016 Malaysia. Yasmin represented Malaysia at the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year international finals. Muhammad Irfan bin Abd Ghapa, was a Top 10 Finalist for 2015.
Students from the Faculty of Management, emerged Champions in the Deloitte Malaysia Risk Intelligence
Challenge Trophy(RICT) 2015. Six students from Faculty of Management MMU Cyberjaya emerged as second runner up in the first Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Regional Business Challenge 2015 competing against 23 other teams from four ASEAN countries. Students from Faculty of Management team also won the Tomei Group for “Innovative Youth, Future Business Leader 2.0″competition 2015.
List of Subjects offered in the Bachelor of Marketing (Hons.) Degree at Multimedia University (MMU) at Cyberjaya
Year 1 Marketing Degree Subjects at the Faculty of Management at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Organisational Behaviour
- Elective 1
- Managerial Mathematics
- Information Systems and Multimedia
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- English for Business Communication
- Principles of Management Accounting
- Managerial Statistics
- Financial Management
- Fundamental of Marketing
- English for Business Studies
Year 2 Marketing Degree Subjects at the Faculty of Management at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Research Methodology
- Technology and Innovations Marketing
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Specialisation 1
- Programming for Business Application
- Consumer Behaviour
- Sales and Professional Selling Management
- Marketing Channel Management
- Internet Marketing
- Business to Business Marketing
- Product Planning and Management
Year 3 Marketing Degree Subjects at the Faculty of Management at Multimedia University (MMU) Cyberjaya
- Retail Marketing
- Specialisation 2
- Specialisation 3
- Elective 2
- Business Law
- Marketing Strategy
- Marketing Research
- Seminar in Web Marketing
- Global Marketing
- Industrial Training
- Project Management
- Personal Finance
- Labor Economics
- Tourism Management
Specialisation in Service Marketing
- Specialisation 1: Internal Marketing
- Specialisation 2: Event Marketing
- Specialisation 3: Relationship Marketing
Specialisation in Social Marketing
- Specialisation 1: Corporate Social Responsibility
- Specialisation 2: Not for Profit (NOP) Marketing
- Specialisation 3: Ethnocentrism Marketing
The Best Reasons to Study Business & Accounting at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Mentoring environment to nurture future professionals who are accountable and hold highly relevant competencies.
- Core Employability Skills integrated into all programmes
- Innovative curriculum that embeds Management Analytics components and Entrepreneurial thinking in all programmes
- Real working assignments for action-based learning that exposes students to the industry
Collaborations with top companies to provide certification programmes to students
- The only university in Malaysia with a full-fledged Bloomberg lab for financial analysis
Industry-recognised lecturers who hold advisory positions with global organisations (UNESCO) Adjunct professors from the industry (Epic Valley, TM)
Multimedia University (MMU) is Top in Malaysia for Business and Accounting Courses
Industries have come to prefer MMU’s Business, Management, Accounting and Finance graduates due to the strength of these two faculties, including:
A host of expert lecturers and specialists
Our teaching staff come from diverse backgrounds, including established corporations. A number of them actively serve as consultants to corporate leaders and managers.
Programmes accredited by MQA as well as various international professional bodies
MMU is recognised by many international professional bodies, including MIA, MICPA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA and ICAEW, ensuring smooth transition into future careers among graduates.
Strong entrepreneurship elements
Besides incorporating entrepreneurship skills in the curriculum, the university has an Entrepreneur Development Centre, which helps students kick-start their businesses. A new lease of entrepreneurship research centre under MMU’s Hub for Innovation Ventures (HiVE) project, INNOlab, features the latest technologies, resources, and networks to boost greater interests for our future entrepreneurs.
Extensively supported by industrial linkages
MMU has partnered with many companies through various Memoranda of Understanding and programmes.
Strong technical proficiency of graduates
All our students are prepared with a solid foundation so that they would be able to find their bearings easily, regardless of what change comes along.
Beyond repeating the textbooks
At MMU, we don’t just rely on existing knowledge – we generate and contribute new knowledge of our own. FOM oversees three Research Centres, (Centre for Business Performance; Centre for Knowledge and Innovation Management; and Centre for Consumer Research and Education), while FOB oversees two (Centre for E-Services, Entrepreneurship and Marketing; Centre for Globalisation and Sustainability Research).
Multimedia University (MMU) Faculty of Management (Cyberjaya)
Established in 1997 in the Melaka campus, the Faculty of Management (FOM) initially offered only four degree programmes. In 1999, the faculty moved to the Cyberjaya campus. Currently, FOM has 125 lecturers with decades of accumulated experience in both academia and the industry.
Sprawled over 808,440 square metres and housing 28 academic and support buildings, the Cyberjaya campus is home to the Faculty of Management. It is MMU’s second campus and hosts about 6,600 students inclusive of 1,085 international students.
97% of Multimedia University (MMU) students are employed within six months of graduation*. MMU is truly the choice of ambitious students, where talents are developed and enhanced.
*Source: MOHE Tracer Study & MOE Kemas Kini Status Pekerjaan 2015.
Financial Assistance at Multimedia University (MMU)
- Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) is the Malaysian government body offering national educational loan for Malaysian students enrolling for Foundation, Diploma and Degree programmes. Amount of the loan is subject to PTPTN’s approval . PTPN Loan is available for Foundation programmes at Multimedia University (MMU).
- Skim Prihatin Pendidikan 1Malaysia (SPP1M) or 1Malaysia Education Caring Scheme is additional financial assistance to deserving students to pursue quality degree qualifications in identified disciplines and courses. This additional financial assistance will act as a top-up fund to their existing fun or scholarship.
- Scholarships are available to deserving students.
Conducive Learning Environment at Multimedia University (MMU)
Learning goes beyond books. At MMU, you will have all these various facilities and settings that will make learning fun, comfortable, and memorable.
- Convenient accommodation. A calm and safe base for you to re-energise yourself every day, both on-campus and within walking distance off-campus.
- Intelligent labs. High-tech labs to boost the teaching and learning process. These are the Innov8 Lab, SiRi Learning Lab, SMART Lab, and an e-Moot Court.
- Digital Libraries. Well-stocked libraries with print and digital resources to cover your reading needs and habit.
- Cutting edge mind-set. Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who are seeking for ways to best prepare themselves for a dynamic and challenging future.
- Extensive infrastructure. Computers galore, campus-wide Wi-Fi, 24-hour security, ample parking, food and drink outlets, and many others.
- Location. Cyberjaya – An intelligent city housing many high-tech firms that could one day become your workplace. Melaka – A city bustling with life and activities that is a wealth of experience to your life.
- Healthy lifestyle. Multiple sports tracks and fields, indoor sports centres, various courts and pitches, in addition to numerous clubs and societies. Olympic-sized swimming pool A swimming pool fit for champions right in the heart of Cyberjaya.
- Vibrant Campus Life. Multimedia University (MMU) keeps their beautiful campus exciting with engaging events and going-ons all year round. With over 100 clubs and societies, you can choose to practise martial arts, go dragon boating or attend an anime screening after class is over. Besides engaging with the University’s international community, student exchange programmes are also available to enhance learning experience.
Awards and Achievements for Multimedia University (MMU) Malaysia
- Multimedia University (MMU) is ranked 179th in Asia according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University rankings for 2018.
- 2017 QS World University Rankings by Subject again listed MMU as the No. 1 private university in Malaysia for “Electrical & Electronics Engineering” and “Computer Science & Information Systems”
- 2017 – Multimedia University (MMU) was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE), in recognition of its achievements and dedication in offering top-notch digital technology courses, and in doing so ensuring the continued supply of highly-skilled graduates needed by the digital economy locally and globally.
- 2017 – Multimedia University (MMU), together with seven other higher learning institutions have been awarded the self-accreditation status by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Nursyafiqah Azlan from Faculty of Creative Multimedia secures finalist place in Student Focus final of 2017 Sony World Photography Awards
- Foundation in Engineering & Technology Senior Lecturer from MMU Melaka, Dr. Ervina Efzan Mhd Noor won Second Place for Green Innovation Category at the Melaka Green Award 2017 through her innovation in Banana Stem Glass Project.
- 2017- MMU Melaka Campus secured the Second Place for Green Practice Category Award in the Melaka Green Award 2017.
- Most Entrepreneurial Private University in MOHE Entrepreneurial Award (MEA) 2016
- Yasmin Ahmad Ariffin, from the Faculty of Management, Multimedia University (MMU) was the (Ernst & Young) EY Young Tax Professional of the Year 2016 Malaysia. Yasmin represented Malaysia at the EY Young Tax Professional of the Year international finals.
- 2017 – MMU Faculty of Engineering earns four (4) accolades from the global professional association,
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- 2016 – MMU Prosecution Team, composed of four Faculty of Law students emerged as the Champion of the International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Moot Competition Malaysia
- MMU to Represent Malaysia at Asia Pacific Round of IHL Moot Competition 2017 in Hong Kong
- 2016 – Ir. Prof. Dr. Sim Kok Swee from Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) with his team members, Desmond Kho Teck Kiang, EE Chung Sheng, Victor Teh, Nicholas Koh, Ting Fung Fung and Lim Zheng You had won the Kristal Awards Q2/2016 Telekom Malaysia (TM), for Group Category.
- 2016 – Multimedia University (MMU) students won three awards in the Degree Category of the Institute of Higher Learning-Multimedia Super Corridor (IHL-MSC) Malaysia Start-up Challenge 2016
- 2016, two of Faculty of Business (FOB) lecturers, Nurshamimah Samsuddin and Maliza Mohd Nor
won a Gold Medal in the Invention, Innovation & Design Exposition 2016 (IIDEX 2016) at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) Lendu, Melaka for their research on Autism Kids: Survivor Quiet Book.
- 2016 – Three of Faculty of Computing and Informatics (FCI) students won the First Runner Up at the inaugural CIMB Data Science Challenge 2016 held at Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC), Cyberjaya. The students, Khor Huai Qian, Hii Yong Lian and Lee Zhen Yong who named their team as MoCHA, won cash prize RM8,000
- 2016 – MMU professor from Faculty of Engineering, Prof. Dr. Ong Duu Sheng was invited to speak at Policy Forum on ‘Higher education quality and employability: How can Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) contribute?’ at Xiamen, Fujian, China.
- 2016 – Faculty of Cinematic Art (FCA) student, Thevanesan Kuna Cegeram won the first runner up in
Astro’s Vaannavil Short Film Contest 2016
- 2016 – MMU professor, Prof. Dr. Murali Raman, the Dean of Faculty of Management (FOM) received the National Award for Outstanding Educator (Management of Information Technology) in the Education Cooperation of Private Universities in Malaysia (EDUCOOP)
- 2016 – Faculty of Cinematic Art (FCA), Chan Teik Quan through his short film entitled ‘Spotlight’, won the Best International Film in Take 21 Film Festival 2016 (formerly known as Toronto Short Film Festival – TSFF) organised at Toronto, Canada. The film, starring Adam Zainal and Sahira Jeff‑ry, the FCA students, was screened at the Bloor Hot Docs Theatre, Toronto Canada. The festival has received hundreds of submissions from almost every continent on the globe.
2016 – MMU lecturer from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET ), Dr. Ervina Efzan Mhd Noor, has won a gold medal at The 8th EUROPEAN Exhibition of Creativity and Innovation (EUROINVENT 2016 ), in Lasi, Romania
- 2016 – Multimedia University (MMU) has bagged a total of 12 medals, consisting a big sweep of 9 Golds and 3 Silvers in the 27th International Invention & Innovation Exhibition (ITEX) 2016 on 13 May 2016. ITEX is one of the largest invention exhibitions in the world and is a showcase of the region’s best inventions from Asia and Europe.
- 2015 – Prof. Dr. Wong Hin Yong of Faculty of Engineering was pronounced as the Honoree of the Ten Outstanding Young Malaysian (TOYM) Award 2015
2015 – The latest mobile apps, Qtix which was invented by MMU students has been listed in the top ten of Asian Tech Startups Website
- 2015 – Prof. Dr. Ho Chin Kuan of FCI was honored with the prestigious award from the 6th Asia’s Education Excellence Awards for Outstanding Contribution to Education at Singapore.
- 2015 – MMU Faculty of Creative Multimedia students, Abdullah Amirulamin Hamid won the first prize while Gabriel Zoe Chew won its consolation prize in the Photography Category at Vision Petron; National Student Art Competition 2015 organised by Petron Malaysia.
- 2015 – Multimedia University (MMU) has officially emerged as one of the seven universities selected to embark into the newest initiatives of training CtoCinternship pilot program by Google Malaysia called Google Ignite.
- 2015 – Six students from Faculty of Management MMU Cyberjaya emerged as second runner up in
the first Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) Regional Business Challenge at Connexion@Nexus Bangsar Kuala Lumpur. The team comprising of Beh Chun Chuan, Dursharlmini Sivam, Rita Ling Yann Bing, Seow Qianru, Andrew Wong Theng Fong and Chan Jun Wing stood up among 23 other teams from four ASEAN countries.
- 2015 – Students from Faculty of Management team won the Tomei Group for “Innovative Youth, Future Business Leader 2.0″competition
- 2015 – MMU RoboForce teams have won 2nd and 3rd places in Tunnel Escape Robot category in the Robot Games competition
- MMU successfully walked away with 1 Gold and 11 Silver Award during the 26th International Invention & Innovation Exhibition (ITEX) 2015
- 2015 – Students Tan Ji Sheng from MMU Cyberjaya and Lee Song from MMU Melaka were crowned
as first and second runner up champion of Universal Window App Category in The Windows 10 Gam Jam Hackathon. It was organised by Microsoft Student Partners Malaysia (MSP Malaysia) and Microsoft Malaysia
- Tan Yong Lin from Faculty of Creative Multimedia was announced as one of the category winners in the 2015 Sony World Photography Awards, the world’s biggest photography competition.
MMU has strengthened its position in the global engineering sector when one of its researcher, Professor Ir. Dr. Sim Kok Swee was appointed as a Fellow of The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), effectively commencing on 8 April 2015
- 2015 – MMU team, consisting of members, Vivian Chua, Eva Low and Nurain Lokman from the
Faculty of Management, powered to be the championship of the second Deloitte Malaysia Risk Intelligence Challenge Trophy(RICT).
- MMU Engineering was listed Top 200 of the Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings by Subject 2015 in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- 2015 – MMU Researchers won 1 Gold & 11 Silver in International Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX) 2015
- 2014 – Prof. Dr. Hairul Azhar from Faculty of Engineering was named as one of the Top Research Scientist Malaysia (TRSM) by the Academy of Science Malaysia (ASM)
- 2014 – MMU researcher gained the title of Top Research Scientist Malaysia (TRSM) 2014. Ir.
Professor Dr. Sim Kok Swee received the higher recognition from Academic Science Malaysia as Top Research Scientists Malaysia (TRSM)
- 2014 – Dr. Shaista from Faculty of Management research paper, “Comparative study of the performance of Islamic and conventional banks: The case of Malaysia” has been selected by the Emerald Insight journal’s Editorial Team as the Outstanding Paper of 2013
- 2014 – MMU Team Won the 1st prize in the Big App Challenge 1.0
- 2014 – MMU Team Won the 1st prize in theMobile Data Hackathon
- 2014 – MMU RoboForce team headed by Mr. Lim Chee Siong and Mr. Lee Chee Cheong has won the 1st runner-up in the Robo-Soccer competition
- MMU swept away a total of 16 awards out of 24 awards contested at the “Filem Festival Pelajar ke-11
- MMU Faculty of Engineering Team Bagged the 1st and 2nd spot at Innovate Malaysia 2014
2014 – Mr Joseph Emerson Raja, a lecturer from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology has won the silver medal award for his poster in the Innovative Practices in Higher Education Expo 2014 (I-PHEX 2014)
- 2014 – MMU Student, Hon Siong Chong, was selected to be part of the Google Student Ambassador Program
- MMU lecturer, Dr. Tan Wooi Nee from the Faculty of Engineering was awarded the Best Paper Award at the 2014 International Conference on Digital Image Processing (ICDIP 2014), that was held in Athens, Greece.
- MMU Students & Alumni Won in AngelHack 2014
- Dr. Deepak Kumar from the Faculty of Engineering was awarded the “Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi
Samman – 2014” Award in New Delhi, for his outstanding research and book publication, which gained the recognition in India.
- A student of Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Ms. Losini a/p Amarasan has won the Material Lecture Competition 2014 (MLC 2014)
- MMU won 6 gold and 6 silver awards for the 12 products showcased in the 25th International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX) 2014.
- MMU has gained the recognition as One of Asia’s Best Private Education Institutes by World Consulting & Research Corporation (WCRC) 2014.
- MMU is listed in the Top 200 QS World University Rankings by Subject in Computer Science & Information System 2014
- 2013 – MMU Won 3 Gold & 4 Silver in International Invention, Innovation and Technology
Exhibition (ITEX) 2013
- PECIPTA 2013 – MMU won BEST OF THE BEST AWARD, 3 Gold, 4 Silver & 7 Bronze
In 2012, MMU was awarded the Export Excellence Award (Services) Category II from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI).
- 2011 Brand Excellence Award (Services Professional) from the Industry Excellence Award (IEA).
Industry Excellence Award 2004 – Export Excellence Award in Education.
According to the QS Asian University Rankings 2012, Multimedia University is the sole Malaysian private university to be ranked among the top 200 in Asia.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: email@example.com
- Website: www.eduspiral.com