Course Brochure, Fees, Entry Requirements & Intake Dates for the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are interesting in studying software engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU) located at Technology Park Malaysia can enter the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with Specialism in Software Engineering. The duration of the diploma is 2 years and intakes are in April, May & September of each year.
Asia Pacific University has won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, therefore making them the best university in Malaysia to study Software Engineering. Read on further to find out more about the course details, entry requirements, fees and intake dates.
For more information about Asia Pacific University contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Find Out the Course Information for the Software Engineering Diploma at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study IT or the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering.
Students after SPM or O-Levels need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with Software Engineering so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of Information Technology (IT).
Studying at an award-winning computing university in Malaysia means that you will gain from their experience and high quality of education. When you enter the working world, you will have the knowledge to perform the job well and the necessary skills to excel.
Admission Entry Requirements for the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at SPM including credit in Mathematics and a minimum of pass in Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah (History); or
- An overall credit pass in 3 subjects at O-Levels/IGCSE including credit in Mathematics; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above
Students after SPM or O-Levels with 3 credits including Maths, students may go for the 2-year Diploma in Information & Communications Technology or Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering and then enter into Year 2 of the BSc. (Hons) Software Engineering degree at Asia Pacific University. Software Engineering Diploma students may choose other computing & IT degree programmes offered at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU).
|Malaysian Students||International Students|
|RM 43,900||RM 45,000 (USD 11,250)|
* Fees stated above do not include Deposits and other Miscellaneous Fees. Please WhatsApp 01111408838 to get the latest Fee Guide for details.
Please WhatsApp 01111408838 for the exact intake dates for the Diploma course.
Award-Winning School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Asia Pacific University is acknowledged to be one of the best private universities in Malaysia to study software engineering after having won hundreds of awards in computing & information technology.
The Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU) is specifically designed to provide:
- Students with skills in software systems development, with emphasis on aspects of software engineering.
- Students with the skills to prepare them for careers in the ICT environment with emphasis on solutions design, software development and technology infrastructure support.
- An appreciation of the proven principles and techniques for the development and support of software systems in commercial organisations.
- Students with critical, independent and cooperative learning skills so as to facilitate responses to continuous future changes in industry practises.
- Students with academic and professional skills to develop solutions requiring the application of technology in a business and organisational context, so as to respond to continuous future changes in technology and industry practices.
- Students with intellectual skills, communications ability and team working capability.
- Students with opportunities for progression into advanced programmes of study of International standard in relevant areas.
Course Structure for the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology with specialism in Software Engineering at Asia Pacific University (APU)
At the beginning of the programme students will acquire basic language and communication skills along with core information technology skills. Students will gain an understanding of basic concepts and terminology related to technology and business management.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Managing Business
- Practical IT Skills
The second semester builds on and extends the foundation knowledge developed in the first semester. Language and communication skills are taken to more advanced levels of research and professionalism. The ability to analyze and solve problems using quantitative skills, and familiarity with technology are enhanced.
- Academic Research Skills
- Computer Technology
- Discrete Mathematics
- Professional Communication
This semester moves students to a new level in information and communication technology related areas such as computer programming, databases, internet applications and computer system architecture. With this knowledge, students are able to use computing tools and techniques to solve common real-world problems.
- Database Systems
- Operating Systems
- Computer Systems Architecture
- Visual Basic.NET
Students are exposed to more advanced development concepts, including the application of usability principles in the web design and development process, and the system development cycle. Specialisation starts here, with a deeper understanding of the systematic models and standard process-oriented methodologies that are the essence of software engineering as a career field. Software engineering also requires a deep appreciation of algorithmic thinking, based on calculus and algebra.
- Web Development
- Numerical Methods
- Introduction to Software Engineering
- Networks & Networking
- System Analysis & Design
In their final semester, students acquire basic knowledge of computer networks, digital security and forensics to deepen their knowledge of computing technology and ethical responsibilities. Students also design and implement algorithms using their second programming language, and complete a Software Development Project to show that they can integrate skills, knowledge and understanding from the full programme, including a range of AI techniques for problem solving.
- Java Programming
- Digital Security and Forensics
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Software Development Project
Students will undertake an Internship/Industrial Training for a minimum period of 6 to 8 weeks to prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the working environment.
*In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-curricular activities.
Further Studies after the Diploma at Asia Pacific University (APU):
Upon successful completion of this programme, you will be eligible to progress into any of the following degree programmes at APIIT or Asia Pacific University
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with a specialism in:
- BSc (Hons) in Software Engineering
- BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) in Information Technology with specialism in Intelligent Systems
- BSc (Hons) Cyber Security