Top Ranked University in Malaysia for Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design at Taylor’s University
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services For more information contact 01111408838
Taylor’s University 3-year Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design degree programme focuses on advertising, branding, consumer behaviour, marketability and understanding of communication concepts and the ability to generate practical designs in-line with clients’ briefs, via modules such as Packaging & Merchandising Design.
Taylor’s University is ranked Top 3 in Malaysia according to QS World University Ranking for Art & Design. Taylor’s University is one of the best universities in Malaysia for you to study graphic communication design.
Students with 3 credits may go for the Diploma in Graphic Communication Design for 2 years and then enter Year 2 of the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design. Alternatively, students after SPM or O-Levels with at least 5 credits including the relevant subjects may enter Taylor’s University Foundation in Design for 1 year before continuing on to the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design. Students who are unsure of design as a career path may go for the Foundation in Arts at Taylor’s University and then enter the Graphic Communication Design degree.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the form for more information. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Please make sure you give a correct email address and check your email including the SPAM or JUNK email folder within 48 hours as we will email you the information.
Top Ranked Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design Programme at Taylor’s University in Malaysia
Taylor’s Graphic Communication Design degree programme focuses on advertising, branding, consumer behaviour, marketability and understanding of communication concepts and the ability to generate practical designs in-line with clients’ briefs, via modules such as Packaging & Merchandising Design.
Taylor’s Design students will collaborate with industry partners and gain valuable industry exposure and enhance learning through participation in field trips, an international study trip (Activity Week) and a dynamic internship programme. The design students at Taylor’s University will also learn to develop their own style and portfolio in a specialised area of personal interest via modules such as Personal Project l and ll, and Final Project.
Dual–Degree Option for Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design at Taylor’s University
The collaboration with University of Newcastle, Australia offers a dual-degree option for students pursuing Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design. This arrangement enables students to gain international exposure and obtain an additional qualification from this prestigious university.
The University of Newcastle is a research-intensive institution with an exceptional record of achievement:
- Ranked among the top three percent of the world’s universities, according to both the Times Higher Education (THE) World University and QS World University Rankings.
- Currently ranked 19th in the world and number 1 in Australia on the QS Top 50 under 50 (years) list.
Programme Structure for the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Graphic Communication Design at Taylor’s University
Year 1 Subjects for the Graphic Communication Design Degree at Taylor’s University
- Illustration & Visual Narrative
- Digital Imaging & Visualisation
- Design Studies I: Communication Theory
- MPU (U1) – Module 1*
- Publishing I: Print Media
- Branding Corporate Identity
- Advertising Principles & Practice
- Design Studies II: Culture & Consumerism
- MPU (U1) – Module 2*
- Elective I
- Elective II
Year 2 Subjects for the Graphic Communication Design Degree at Taylor’s University
- Brand Strategies
- Design Research Methodology
- Design Studies III: Change & Conflict
- Information Design
- Publishing II: Mass Communication
- MPU (U2)*
- Collaboration & Professional Association
- Personal Project I: New Boundaries
- Packaging & Merchandising Design
- Design Research Dissertation
- MPU (U3)*
- Entertainment Design
- International Graphic Communication
Year 3 Subjects for the Graphic Communication Design Degree at Taylor’s University
Semester 5 – Industrial Training (14 weeks)
- Reflective Practice: Documentation
- Personal Project II: New Boundaries
- Final Project
- Professional Studies: Exhibition & Portfolio
- MPU (U4)*
- Web Design & New Media
- Video Editing & Production
- Digital Concept Art
- Visual Semiotics
- Copywriting for Advertising
- Art Direction
* The Ministry of Education (MOE) requires all students to take Mata Pelajaran Umum (MPU) (i.e. General Studies) which is categorised under U1, U2, U3 and U4 within the duration of their studies. U1 modules are prescribed by MOE whereas U2, U3 and U4 modules are from a list of University Core Modules (UCM) prescribed as per the Programme Guide.
Career Options for Graphic Communication Design Graduates from Taylor’s University
- Animation Character Designer
- Art Director
- Client Service Designer
- Creative Director
- Editorial Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Event Designer
- Gallery / Museum Curator
- Graphic Designer
- Storyboard Artist
Award-Winning Design School at Taylor’s University
- Top 3 in Malaysia according to QS World University Ranking for Art & Design
- Wood Pencil Winners (New Blood Category), D&AD Awards, London 2015
- Bronze Winners, Kancil Student Awards 2014
- 2 First Prizes – Ancient Herbs Branding Competition
- 1st Prize – Young Talent Category Malaysian International Furniture Fair (MIFF) Furniture Design Competition
- Gus Yap Hock Sin, B.A. (Hons) Interior Architecture was one of two students chosen to represent Malaysia at the iSaloni International Furniture Exhibition in Milan, Italy
- 1st Prize – Hyundai Rev-It-Up Challenge Take 2 TV Commercial Competition
- 3rd Prize – Ideation Award, Malaysia
- Institution of SPADE Awards 2012
- Gold, Silver & Bronze Awards as well as a Honorary Mention – Corporate Category
- 1 Gold Award – Exhibition & Retail Category
- 1 Silver Award – Commercial Category
- Interior Design Confederation of Singapore (IDCS) SPADE Awards
- Shortlisted as top 10 Best Video at BMW Shorties
- 1st Prize – Residential Design
- 2nd Prize – Institutional Design
- 3rd Prize – Montage Design
- MSID 5Belas Interior Design Competition
- Best Use of Character Award Kuala Lumpur 48 Hour Film Project: The No Idea Production team won with their short film ‘Escape’
- IDCS SPADE Best Design Award 2011
- 3 Golds – Design Project Concept, Spatial Design & Planning and Creative Lighting Application
- 4 Silvers – Design Project Concept, Creative Material Application, Spatial Design & Planning, and Creative Lighting Application
- 1 Bronze – Spatial Design & Planning
- Honorary Mention – Creative Material Application
- Awards in 4 out of 5 categories at the Interior Design Confederation of Singapore (IDCS) SPADE Awards
- Overall winner and 4 Awards MSID 4Belas Interior Design Competition
The Best Design Facilities at Taylor’s University
Industry Exposure for Design Students at Taylor’s University
Students engage in strategic collaborations with industry leaders to effectively understand, analyse, communicate and present creative and complex design solutions that address and solve real-world challenges faced by organisations.
This provides them with first-hand insight and exposure to the industry. Over the years, students have worked on several projects with various organisations including:
- Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia
- IKEA Malaysia
- Leo Burnett Malaysia
- Hyundai Sime Darby Malaysia
- Rip Curl Malaysia
- Roar Studio Sdn. Bhd
- Bank Negara Art Gallery & Museum
Organised throughout the academic year, the Lecture Series provides students with valuable exposure to the industry, insights into current developments and issues that may impact their future practices. These interactive sessions are conducted by leading industry professionals:
- Exploring the International Centre of Photography Triennial
Curator, International Center of Photography
- Production Pipeline of Movie Studios
Education Director, Rhythm & Hues Studios
- Sustainability, Innovation and Nanotechnology
Interior Designer, Nanocore
- The Project of Culture and Lifestyle
Arnold, Arthur and Hugh
Owners, Pestle & Mortar
- Graphic Design in Malaysia
President, Graphic Designers Association of Malaysia (wREGA)
- Graphic Design, Pop Culture and Everything in Between
Project Coordinator, CUTOUT Mag
- Copyright Law
Tai Foong Lam
President, Malaysian Chapter of the International Association for Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Drawing as Cultural Expression
- Dr. Vaughan Rees
- Senior Lecturer, School of Design, University of New South Wales, Australia
Taylor’s Design students have undergone industrial attachments with top local and multinational organisations in the creative industry, including:
- Arachnid Sdn. Bhd.
- Axis Identity Group
- BBDO (Malaysia)
- CD Advertising Sdn. Bhd.
- DB & B Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Design Tone Sdn. Bhd.
- Dumore Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Film Point Sdn. Bhd.
- IKEA Malaysia
- La Scheers Co. Concept & Design
- Leo Burnett Malaysia
- Milk Design KL
- MYC! (Salient Information Sdn. Bhd.)
- Ogilvy & Mather Malaysia
- S.I. Design Sdn. Bhd.
- Veritas Interiors Sdn. Bhd.
Excellent Campus Facilities at Taylors University
Taylor’s University Lakeside Campus encompasses a modern, functional design with state-of-the-art facilities together with lush greenery and its trademark 5.5 acre lake; striking a balance between form and function to embody Taylor’s University’s modern approach and perspective in premium education with an approach to holistic growth outside the classroom.
Surrounding the serene lake are buildings that house the academic wings and the commercial annexe that comprise of wide and spacious corridors, pleasing and rich landscapes and all in all, a sustainable and conducive environment for education. Besides, being visually comforting and naturally soothing, the overall design also enhances the air quality, both indoor and outdoor.
Taylor’s provides the necessary conducive environment for learning and development, to complement our quality academic programmes. Our campuses provide students with a comprehensive list of features and facilities to cater to our students’ learning needs and comfort during their years at Taylors University.
Service Facilities at Taylors University
- Career Services Centre
- Computer Labs
- Counselling and Psychological Services Centre
- Experimental Theatre
- Lecture Theatres
- Sick Bay
- Sports and Recreation Centre
- Student Life Centre
- The Grand Hall
Career Services Centre
This centre provides students with reference materials and information about occupations, corporations and career opportunities.
For computer practical classes. Each lab has an average of 33 computers.
1300-seater 4-storey library to suit students’ individual learning styles. The library is equipped with 24/7 study areas, discussion rooms, multimedia rooms, theatrette, computers, printing & photocopying facilities.
Residence for students living on campus.
Sports and Recreation Centre
Multi-purpose courts (Futsal, netball, volleyball, basketball, cricket nets, tennis, dodgeball)
Student Life Centre
The Student Life Centre is a purpose driven centre devoted to provide a platform for Student Leaders and the student communities as a whole to engage in creative thinking, brainstorming of new ideas and implement the execution of these ideas.
The Centre features Discussion Hubs, a meeting room, independent study area and a Mini Events Zone. It is also where the TU Student Council office, Community Service Initiatives Volunteers office and International Student Services Centre are located.
The Grand Hall
1000-seater hall designed for campus events and activities such as convocations, examinations, exhibitions and gala dinners; as well as sports activities.
Lectures and events are conducted in the hall which can seat up to 300 people.
Suitable for stage performances (dramas and plays) and can be used for practice sessions. Equipped with stage, hi-tech acoustics and lighting systems. Seats surround the stage, providing a 360 degree view of performance.
Counseling and Psychological Services Centre
A centre for students, staff and parents to receive counselling on various emotion related issues.
- On Campus (U Residence @ Lakeside Campus)
- Located in Taylor’s University, Lakeside Campus
- This 6-storey building has 890 beds, 126 apartment units and 116 en-suites, all tastefully furnished
- 24-hour multi-level security
- Resident housemaster
- Onsite maintenance support
- Housekeeping services
- Recreational areas
- Learning spaces
- Shuttle bus services
- Off-Campus (Various Locations)
- Units are located within the vicinity of the campuses
- 24-hour security
- Onsite maintenance support
- Housekeeping services
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
Established since 2009, EduSpiral Consultant Services helps provide information and counselling on courses and universities in Malaysia & Singapore. EduSpiral Consultant Services also represents MDIS Singapore and PSB Academy Singapore.
wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.
Please contact us for more details.
- WhatsApp: +601111408838
- Wechat: EduSpiral88
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/eduspiral
- Youtube: www.youtube.com/eduspiral
- Follow EduSpiral: www.twitter.com/eduspiral88
- Be my friend: www.facebook.com/eduspiralsik
- Like EduSpiral: www.facebook.com/eduspiralcs
- Message me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.eduspiral.com