BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology degree programme at the Award-Winning Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU) in Malaysia
Written by EduSpiral Consultant Services. For more information contact 01111408838
Having won hundreds of awards in computing and IT in Malaysia and globally, Asia Pacific University is the best university in Malaysia to study IT and Internet Technology. Students need to choose the best university or college in Malaysia to study the BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology so that they can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in the competitive world of IT. Furthermore, APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at international and international levels.
For more information contact 01111408838
Please fill up the Form below and I will WhatsApp you and provide you with sound advise on how to choose the best private university or college in Malaysia to study at. If you do not give your mobile number or full name as in IC, your query will not be answered. Our knowledgeable & experienced counsellor will send you a message on WhatsApp & provide assistance from there.
Outstanding Internet Technology Degree Course in Malaysia at Top Ranked Asia Pacific University (APU)
Students interested to pursue a solid education in software engineering can consider Asia Pacific University (APU) which is one of the best universities in Malaysia for Information Technology (IT). Having won hundreds of awards, Asia Pacific University is also a top ranked private university in Malaysia. Students have access to excellent facilities at their new campus in Technology Park Malaysia.
For a full list of Asia Pacific University (APU) awards & achievements, please go to this link.
The BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology degree at Asia Pacific University is specifically designed to provide:
- Familiarity with the full range of technologies that characterise the Internet from an applications perspective.
- A coherent knowledge and understanding of application design and development for internetbased systems.
- The ability to create and critically evaluate innovative new applications of internet technologies.
Students after SPM or O-Levels who are sure of studying computing or Information Technology (IT) programmes can go directly for the Diploma in Information & Communications Technology (ICT) at Asia Pacific University (APU). Upon completion of the 2-year Diploma, students will enter into Year 2 of the BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology Degree Programme at APU.
Alternatively, students after SPM or O-Levels can enter into APU’s Flexible Foundation programme for 1 year before continuing on to the degree for 3 years. Both ways are a total of 4 years. Students after the external Pre-University Programme such as A-Levels, UEC, STPM, SAM, CPU, MUFY or AUSMAT may enter directly into the Degree programme with relevant results.
Admission Requirements into the BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology degree at Asia Pacific University
- 2 Principal Passes at STPM level and with 4 Credit Passes at SPM including Mathematics; or
- 2 Passes with at ‘A’ Levels and with a Credit Pass at ‘O’ Levels / GCSE including Mathematics; or
- The APIIT/APU Foundation or equivalent with CGPA of 2.0 and Credit in Mathematics at SPM/O-Level; or
- 5 Grade B’s in UEC including Mathematics; or
- Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with minimum average of 50%; or
- Australian Matriculation (AUSMAT) with minimum average of 60%; or
- South Australian Matriculation Certificate (SAM) with minimum of 60%; or
- International Baccalaureate with minimum 24 marks;
- Victorian Certificate of Education with minimum average of 50%;
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma with minimum average of 50%; or
- A qualification that APU accepts as equivalent to the above.
- The qualification and entry requirements for the programmes will be determined based on the
- “Comparison List of Equivalency of International Qualifications with SPM (O-Levels equivalent) and STPM (A-Levels equivalent)” published by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Course Structure for the BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology degree at Asia Pacific University
Year 1 Subjects for the BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology degree at Asia Pacific University
Level 1 modules in this degree that provide a foundation for any IT professional include System Analysis & Design, Fundamentals of Software Development, and Introduction to Programming in an appropriate language. More technical knowledge and skills are developed in Operating Systems & Computer Architecture and Introduction to Networking. Introduction to Management and Computing & IT in the Workplace provide a foundation for multi-disciplinary education and understanding personal and organisational development. Important and relevant skills for independent learning are introduced throughout this level.
- Computing & IT in the Workplace
- Fundamentals of Software Development
- Introduction to Databases
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Networking
- Mathematical Concepts for Computing
- Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- System Analysis & Design
- Interactive Media & Web Design Technology
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- In addition to the above, all students are also required to successfully complete General Studies modules as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualification Agency, as well as fulfill credit requirements for Co-Curricular Activities.
Year 2 Subjects for the BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology degree at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Specific technical skills related to Internet Technology are developed at this level. Fundamentals of Mobile Computing and Mobile & Wireless Technology provide indepth skills and a thorough understanding of how mobile technology supports modern lifestyles and organisational activity. Web Applications and Web Multimedia show you how to take full advantage of the technologies and components used to develop web-based multimedia applications.
Network Security introduces you to the security needs of an organisation and covers the most popular countermeasures used to deter malicious attacks, along with risk assessment and mitigation strategies. The emphasis on independent learning continues at this level, and is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
Independent learning continues in all modules but is a particular focus and requirement in Research Methods.
- Creativity & Innovation
- Object Oriented Development with Java
- Probability & Statistical Modeling
- Professional & Enterprise Development
- Research Methods For Computing and Technology
- System Development Methods
- Fundamentals of Mobile Computing
- Mobile & Wireless Technology
- Network Security
- Web Applications
- Web Multimedia
After the completion of Level 2 students will undertake a short Internship/Industrial Training. This will prepare them for a smooth transition from the classroom to the world of Internet Technology.
Year 3 Subjects for the BSc. (Hons) Internet Technology degree at Asia Pacific University (APU)
At this level there is further development of relevant technical skills and the ability to apply these skills with strong critical thinking and analysis. Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications, Cloud Infrastructure and Services, and Developing E-Commerce Applications with XML provide in depth skills and a thorough understanding of how Internet Technology supports modern organisational activity. Innovation Management & New Product Development, Emergent Technology and Ubiquitous Computing give you the opportunity to enhance your research skills and generate viable technical ideas based on the latest technology innovations.
Computer Systems Management and Entrepreneurship ensure that you have a proper understanding and appreciation of relevant issues whether you choose to join an existing organisation or decide to set up your own business.
The major project that you are expected to complete, entails extensive research in domain knowledge and the acquisition of skills in using tools and methods in Internet Technology. This is where you will demonstrate higher level critical thinking analysis and solutions development skills which will enhance your employability.
- Innovation Management & New Product Development
- Project Management
- Cloud Infrastructure & Services
- Computer Systems Management
- Developing E-Commerce Applications with XML
- Emergent Technology
- Enterprise Programming for Distributed Applications
- Internet Technology Project
- Investigations in Internet Technology
- Ubiquitous Computing
CAREERS IN INTERNET TECHNOLOGY
You will be able to master appropriate design, development and implementation skills to design and implement multimedia applications using appropriate platforms, tools and techniques. The degree will assist you to gain employment as a web designer or developer.
School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU)
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University (APU) is the oldest and most established school. The school has a strong presence in the industry and is an obvious choice among the school leavers.
The school offers a wide variety of specialised programmes. Asia Pacific University’s programmes are very much industry driven and relevant and our graduates are global citizens and industry ready.
Alumni of the School have progressed into a number of significant careers in leading multinational technology based companies. In line with APU’s vision, the School aims to be a leading provider of high quality computing and technology education and a contributor to research at the national and international level.
This is emphasised by our mission to provide high quality and internationally recognised and benchmarked Technology education and to be recognised for innovative teaching methods and educational activities.
The School of Computing & Technology at Asia Pacific University aims to:
- Facilitate your academic and vocational progression by developing knowledge, key skills and capacity for independent and lifelong learning
- Develop your skills in imaginative problem-solving and decision-making
- Develop your Personal Development Portfolio to support your career aspirations
- Provide a stimulating, interactive and accessible course of study to give you a sound grasp of information technology
- knowledge, analysis and contemporary issues which you can develop and apply in future employment
- Develop your imagination and innovative abilities to show initiative and creativity in your work
- Develop your intelligence, ingenuity, inventiveness and independence as well as your communication skills
Asia Pacific University’s Collaborative Partners:
Financial Aid at Asia Pacific University (APU)
Scholarships at APIIT range from 30% to 100% depending on the students’ results in SPM, STPM, UEC, O-Levels, or the A-Levels. Sports Scholarships are also available for State and National Players.
Special scholarships are available for students from East Malaysia – Sabah and Sarawak, to assist them to achieve their educational goals.
APIIT and Asia Pacific University staff will advise and assist students in applying for the PTPN Loan.
A wide range of affordable hostel accommodation is provided. Free bus shuttles are provided to and from APU and the hostel as well as the Bukit Jalil LRT station.
EduSpiral Consultant Services- Your Personal Online Education Advisor
EduSpiral Consultant Services represents the best colleges and universities in Malaysia offering a wide range of choices for students to choose from. These colleges and universities offer value for money in the quality of education and excellent facilities that you get.
These universities and colleges are chosen by EduSpiral because they represent the best in their fields in Malaysia and affordable. EduSpiral provides in-depth information and counseling on their courses so that students are able to make the right choice.
If you are still not sure what to study, please contact us and we will send you a free EduSpiral Career Assessment Form.